Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I just signed up for G.O.O.N. as ladytaters. This is gonna be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Any spots in pizza dog opening up? Or any other active alliance? My alliance has slowly died. Im pretty active and play daily.

Yes, there are 2 people who have been inactive for about a month so will kick them now. If 2 join we might even have 20 active players!

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

GTO posted:

Yes, there are 2 people who have been inactive for about a month so will kick them now. If 2 join we might even have 20 active players!

Awesome, sent a request as fuzzbox.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

GTO posted:

Danpipoly was asking me this weekend to let him know if a spot opens up, so if we're kicking them can we save a spot for him? He's cool IRL and plays way more than me, which seems like it should be a contradiction.

danpipoly
May 17, 2003

Sefer posted:

Danpipoly was asking me this weekend to let him know if a spot opens up, so if we're kicking them can we save a spot for him? He's cool IRL and plays way more than me, which seems like it should be a contradiction.

Thanks?

No, seriously, I'd like to join an active Alliance. I'm in MPQ as Dpipoly.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

danpipoly posted:

Thanks?

No, seriously, I'd like to join an active Alliance. I'm in MPQ as Dpipoly.

Hmm, the last inactive person is 'dinger machine', bit he's a commander so you have to raise a support ticket to get him downgraded so he can be kicked. I can do that but if 'dinger machine' is still reading the thread and not planning on playing any more then it would be cool if you downgraded yourself.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Did they remove lazyplay? I started the hotshot event this morning, and the top player had 250 points. Next time I log in, I'm in a different bracket with multiple 1000+ point players.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised I don't see more CStorm + MN Mags in 2-star PVP now that OBW is nerfed. Polarity Shift + Wind Storm is a match-ending combo and only takes 9 purple to get going. They are definitely my A-team ahead of Ares/OBW.

herakles
Jan 17, 2009

fishtobaskets posted:

I'm surprised I don't see more CStorm + MN Mags in 2-star PVP now that OBW is nerfed. Polarity Shift + Wind Storm is a match-ending combo and only takes 9 purple to get going. They are definitely my A-team ahead of Ares/OBW.

Probably not seeing it because it is terrible on defense, since the "AI" is garbage at using tile placement powers and is likely to use Iron Hammer instead of Wind Storm.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
To elaborate, in case you don't know, your defensive team is just the last one you used in an event. So if you use Mag/Storm, you probably want to fight a last match with a team the AI uses well (OBW & Ares/Thor is probably best at 2-star, or Ares & Thor for pure HP) before stopping for the day, forcing others to fight that group.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Welcome to Pizza Dog new guys, enjoy my drunken 2 AM ramblings in chat.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I am also looking for an active alliance to join. Just started playing this. Been playing very actively the last 2 weeks or so. Sounds like I missed the boat and Pizza Dog just filled up?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Likewise. I'm new and probably useless, but I like free stuff. I tried to join G.O.O.N. as Aciho, but it sounds like the person in charge is having computer issues?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Team-Up Feedback and Changes
Postby IceIX ยป Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Thanks for your feedback about Team-Ups! We've heard your comments and frustrations. We believe that Team-Ups add an exciting new element of strategy and new ways for abilities to work together, and will continue to see that vision through. We realize we have a ways to go, and in the mean time, we're going to make some changes to reduce the randomness that Team-Ups can add to the game. The changes will be rolled out over the next few releases.

For an initial start, and upcoming soon:
- Adding the ability to delete Team-Ups
- Reducing the number of Team-Ups that can be used by the AI from 3 to 1
- Making it so AP theft and destruction abilities (like Black Widow's Aggressive Recon) will also steal Team-Up AP.
- Taking another pass on which abilities can be used by the AI in Team-Ups. The AI should no longer use Sentry or Juggernaut.
- Fixing a bug that allowed AI teams to Team-Up with a character on their team.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Going to give this another shot.

Joined G.O.O.N as SirPorkboy. Or attempted to, anyway.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Also just joined G.O.O.N. as MaskedHuzzah.
EDIT: Nevermind, having trouble getting the game to run properly.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 16, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Uh, make sure you don't send anyone vital to your team to help alliance members. Doctor Doom hosed off for 16 hours last night. Think it might be by Stars because Cap at 2 went for 8 hours and Juggs went for 4. I dread to guess how long 4 Star characters go for. It'd better be useful for the people you send them to.

e: oh, you can recall them for Hero Points. How novel.

overseer07 posted:

For an initial start, and upcoming soon:
- Adding the ability to delete Team-Ups
- Reducing the number of Team-Ups that can be used by the AI from 3 to 1
- Making it so AP theft and destruction abilities (like Black Widow's Aggressive Recon) will also steal Team-Up AP.
- Taking another pass on which abilities can be used by the AI in Team-Ups. The AI should no longer use Sentry or Juggernaut.
- Fixing a bug that allowed AI teams to Team-Up with a character on their team.

Well, deleting came out quick. Get in the bin, all you Bullseyes and Yelenas.

No more Sentry or Juggernaut, that is wonderful and I never would have expected it.

e: also try not to be too surprised when Falcon ambushes you with his terrible beard.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 19, 2014

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer

McDragon posted:

Uh, make sure you don't send anyone vital to your team to help alliance members. Doctor Doom hosed off for 16 hours last night. Think it might be by Stars because Cap at 2 went for 8 hours and Juggs went for 4. I dread to guess how long 4 Star characters go for. It'd better be useful for the people you send them to.

e: oh, you can recall them for Hero Points. How novel.

Well, deleting came out quick. Get in the bin, all you Bullseyes and Yelenas.

No more Sentry or Juggernaut, that is wonderful and I never would have expected it.

e: also try not to be too surprised when Falcon ambushes you with his terrible beard.

4 stars is 36 hours! Doesn't matter as they're terrible anyway.

e: It depends actually. Invisible woman was 12 hours, but nick fury is 36 hours. Who knows what math they use to determine the away time.

zeesik fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 20, 2014

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I wonder if they will eventually limit how many times you can send people team-up characters. I can totally see some of the spergy whale guilds require members to have some purple only OBW, or other low characters where level doesn't matter much, just the number in a skill. Low turn around, and fairly common to pull from tokens means you can fill up on really good team ups.

Granted, it might not be worth the effort, but I can totally see a way for it to be abused.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whats the latest moneymaking scheme from d3?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Whats the latest moneymaking scheme from d3?

Loan characters to others in your alliance, pay GC to pull them back because :confused:

Sherlock Bones
Jul 13, 2006
;/
Any alliance with an open slot? I can probably open a spot up upon joining too

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

New team-up strategy!

1. Get every player in your alliance to make a Black Widow original with only 3 purple covers and nothing else.
2. Pass that team-up around like the village bicycle.
3. Aggressive recon your way to victory!
4. Await the inevitable funbalance.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I removed another inactive player from pizza dog, so there is a space there now.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've been thinking about going back, and this is as good excuse as any. What has been happening in the game lately? I quit right before Alliance chat.

EDIT: Sent a request to Pizza Dog. I don't have a great roster, but at least I'll be active and drop when I'm not. I've already done it once after all.

Fat Samurai posted:

Recently I've gotten very tired of this game's "rich gets richer" approach and the week-long tournaments, so I'm dropping out of Pizza Dog in order to make room for someone who puts more effort into this.

I've had my fun and haven't paid a buck, so I guess I can't complain.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 21, 2014

Sherlock Bones
Jul 13, 2006
;/
Applied to pizza dog as sherlockbones3

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
They have funbalanced Spidey's Blue power :argh:

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Looking for an alliance. This game is the poo poo. Applied to Pizza Dog.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Is there an easier way to lower your pvp score than just intentionally losing matches? I got up to rank 50 in the nefarious foes event before realizing I actually would prefer the 2-star mags over psylocke. I figured I'd gradually lose back below 100 but apparently nobody is playing this event. So I tanked like 8 matches to kill my entire roster & managed to get myself down to.... rank 66. poo poo. <:mad:>

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

fishtobaskets posted:

Is there an easier way to lower your pvp score than just intentionally losing matches? I got up to rank 50 in the nefarious foes event before realizing I actually would prefer the 2-star mags over psylocke. I figured I'd gradually lose back below 100 but apparently nobody is playing this event. So I tanked like 8 matches to kill my entire roster & managed to get myself down to.... rank 66. poo poo. <:mad:>
There's usually a rush toward the end. Just be patient.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I need an alliance if there are any spots open. Been playing almost a month on iOS, not having an alliance is killing my progress. drat this game.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I hope someday Pizza Dog has room for Retardog and skipdogg. Seems right.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Is basically every alliance listed in the OP but PizzaDog dead? Still interested in joining up. Been playing daily since starting. Applied to G.O.O.N. As "Laif" but haven't seen any activity there at all. Maybe I should start a new one?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Is basically every alliance listed in the OP but PizzaDog dead? Still interested in joining up. Been playing daily since starting. Applied to G.O.O.N. As "Laif" but haven't seen any activity there at all. Maybe I should start a new one?

Seeing as how the alliance had a few spots, I approved your application. This alliance doesn't usually place anywhere significant, but some extra ISO8 and base tokens every now and then is better than nothing.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I wouldn't mind that last spot. I'm Namehere

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Beast looks kinda shite

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yep. Magneto is getting the shaft as well.

Balance of Power is back at least. Time to take Juggs out for a spin again.

fake edit: oh wow, everyone is boosted to max level, even if you haven't fully leveled them. Even better.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Glad to see Patcheto will be done with. CMag can still be very devastating when the board conditions are right. The game will be much healthier because of this. Very pleasantly surprised by the way the changes were handled. Seeing as how Spidey and Rag were made useless, I was expecting far worse. Maybe Sentry and IW can be next on the funbalance list.

Also got my stash of 500k ISO hoarded up and ready to send my 5/5/3 X-Force to 270 when R60 comes out :unsmigghh:

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Glad to see Patcheto will be done with. CMag can still be very devastating when the board conditions are right. The game will be much healthier because of this. Very pleasantly surprised by the way the changes were handled. Seeing as how Spidey and Rag were made useless, I was expecting far worse. Maybe Sentry and IW can be next on the funbalance list.

Also got my stash of 500k ISO hoarded up and ready to send my 5/5/3 X-Force to 270 when R60 comes out :unsmigghh:

Yeah wow they are some massive changes. I just spent 120k iso or so getting Patch up to 166 and at least he will be unaffected haha. My Cmags tho... I got lucky to have 5/5/x and have made hay while the sun shined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Now if only I can get some non-red x-force covers.

[e]New Magneto's yellow power would be useful to me since I use patch a bunch.