Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
okuyasu just used the hand on the light at the end of the tunnel, and since he couldn't go that way anymore he had to go back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Like I said before, I'm pretty damned sure Okuyasu was just too stupid to die. Dude only ever followed what his brother did and when it came time to die he didn't know what the hell to do so he just kinda stumbled back into being alive cause he's kinda dumb at this whole "dying" thing.

It's kinda like how Bruno was too rad to die but instead of rad he was just too dumb.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Though Okuyasu was also rad as hell.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't think I'd like him as much as I did when he was first introduced but by the end I think I liked him more than Josuke, which is saying a lot.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

darealkooky posted:

okuyasu just used the hand on the light at the end of the tunnel, and since he couldn't go that way anymore he had to go back

Wouldn't that mean nobody else could use it?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

okayasu got exploded so loving hard his soul just assumed it was over and didnt even wait to actually die before going to the afterlife

FirstAidKite posted:

Like I said before, I'm pretty damned sure Okuyasu was just too stupid to die. Dude only ever followed what his brother did and when it came time to die he didn't know what the hell to do so he just kinda stumbled back into being alive cause he's kinda dumb at this whole "dying" thing.

It's kinda like how Bruno was too rad to die but instead of rad he was just too dumb.

Wow. Part 4's great.

Okuyasu Nijimura's not too smart ya know!

e: Folks in the anime thread talking about lasting injuries and I'm just thinking about N'Doul

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 30, 2014

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Wouldn't that mean nobody else could use it?
A subtle homage to that famous moment in Swamp Thing, only this time it's a different sort of [Hand] getting used on Heaven.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

FirstAidKite posted:

Stone Ocean: I can't actually think of anyone here who dies and then comes back to life as a plot point. Maybe Jotaro if you want to stretch death to include being a vegetable.

actually, everyone in the whole universe dies and comes back

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Has okuyasu alternate appeared in part 8 yet? Cause he needs to team up with gappy.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Condiv posted:

Has okuyasu alternate appeared in part 8 yet? Cause he needs to team up with gappy.

Well, there's technically not "alternate" versions for each character but the Higashikatas' maid goes by the last name Nijimura.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Aw man, I got my hopes up about that translation.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

FirstAidKite posted:

He was like the most underutilized character in the manga though and that was really sad.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Well, there's technically not "alternate" versions for each character but the Higashikatas' maid goes by the last name Nijimura.

The maid can't be be Okuyasu. She's Jotaro.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
In a comic that's mostly about people finding clever and creative ways to use their weird and useless-sounding stands, Okuyasu stands out for being too much of a dumbass to effectively use his crazy overpowered one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Hey, he had a pretty decent fight against Red Hot Chili Peppers. Before accidentally recharging him, anyway.

It is rather amusing that we get a character who essentially has Vanilla Ice's Stand, though, and he barely makes use of it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Spacedad posted:

Quick sketch just now I wanna come back to finish later.

HEY  HEY!

huah huah huaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

edit: theres no sideshow bob dio pics

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Baron La Croix posted:

In a comic that's mostly about people finding clever and creative ways to use their weird and useless-sounding stands, Okuyasu stands out for being too much of a dumbass to effectively use his crazy overpowered one.
It's so overpowered that Okuyasu would have had a chance to kill Ultimate Kars for good, had he ever floated his way back to Earth. Okuyasu would have been more likely to win the lottery 10 times over, but at least it would have been an actual chance.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
From the anime thread:

Darth Walrus posted:

With attendant rainbows.

I know people were grumbling about the lack of fabulousness after Battle Tendency, so it's nice to see this season getting super gay sometimes. Insofar as non-consensual muscleman watersports can be described as 'nice'.

I can't wait for the Bast fight :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sometimes I forget about Bast and then I wonder how I'm a JoJo fan.

Also, I've started going down the slippery slope of JoJo figures and I don't think I'm gonna get out okay. It started with getting Crazy Diamond. Then I realized....I could have figures all of my favorite characters and Stands...

Word of advice, don't start buying JoJo figures unless you can toss money around like it's nothing, you have an iron will, or you somehow only have one favorite character/Stand.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Kurtofan posted:

From the anime thread:

I can't wait for the Bast fight :allears:

You know how people have *that one stand fight* in part 3 that they just can't wait to see animated and have been waiting for it since Stardust Crusaders started airing? Bast is that one stand fight I've been waiting for. God, it's going to be glorious. :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

YF-23 posted:

You know how people have *that one stand fight* in part 3 that they just can't wait to see animated and have been waiting for it since Stardust Crusaders started airing? Bast is that one stand fight I've been waiting for. God, it's going to be glorious. :allears:

Bast is gonna be great, but the first D'Arby is the one I'm waiting for. It was good even in the old OVA but I await it nonetheless. They could just reanimate that one fight every few years and I'd be happy.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Official Duwang figures?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Ah yes, Kakyoin's Stand, Green Character

I have yet to find any good looking Green Character figures actually. Part 3 anime made me realize that I want a Hierophant Green lava lamp.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
My gf got me Kakyoin and Green Character last week. She found a $40 deal.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I want a Green Character figure that is really just a fancy Stretch Armstrong.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I've never seen the point of buying merchandise like that. Just read the manga.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Because it's cool, dude.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

chaos rhames posted:

How is it, never having felt love?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Listen, having Kira Yoshikage / Killer Queen faithfully guarding my string instruments is something that must be cherished beyond words. Especially for someone like me, a heathen southpaw. And he gets to finally have the quiet life that he so coveted. :allears:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

chaos rhames posted:

Are you saying you don't want this?

What is wrong with you

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Merchandise is actually a pretty big source of income for an established manga artist. Buying official figures is one way to support Araki directly.

Who wouldn't want a pink, muscled cat dude on their mantle?

e: oh god i forgot Killer Queen had a golden devil skull for a codpiece

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Some of the JoJo merchandise is crazy. Like I'm pretty sure there are Sticky Fingers pencil cases. There's those JoJo's converse that like really slick that I'd love to own. There's a Kira figure where one of the little add-ons is him holding a "sandwich" bag and that's wonderful.

I know for a fact there's a tie you can buy that's a replica of Kira's tie and has the Killer Queen skulls on it and it's basically the sickest thing ever. It's like $100+ and I want it so bad despite knowing it will clash with every piece of formal wear I own.

But it's just fun to collect cool figures of things you like. And since JoJo stuff already has sick designs, it's even better. I really want a Soft & Wet figure because I love it's design but I'm not even at Part 8 yet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My favorite piece of JoJo merch is this

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Are those actual zippers holding him together. Because that's great if they are. It's still great if they aren't, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Probably just held together with magnets.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Probably just held together with magnets.

I am almost certain that parts of the cutscenes with this dude were storyboarded using bits of the Highway Star fight.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

jyrque posted:

Merchandise is actually a pretty big source of income for an established manga artist. Buying official figures is one way to support Araki directly.

Who wouldn't want a pink, muscled cat dude on their mantle?

e: oh god i forgot Killer Queen had a golden devil skull for a codpiece

Doesn't this figure also come with a compartment in its chest that has Stray Cat inside?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-31/shonen-jump-project-with-jojo-araki-teased-online/.78239

quote:

The official Japanese website for Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine opened a page on Monday to tease a new "Shonen Jump+" project coming soon. The page's first weekly update shows artwork by JoJo's Bizarre Adventure creator Hirohiko Araki. The next two updates are scheduled for September 8 and September 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Why does the dad have a shoe in his hair?

• Locked thread