Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Everything they've put out so far seems to indicate that preparing properly is very key. From the type of elemental type damage your doing, to the types of damage you can resist, to the abilities you equip. That being said, I hope the game is designed such that you can have a general idea of what to be ready for in a given area. Telling people prep work is key is kinda pointless if they never have any idea what to prepare for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Lotish posted:

Bees?

Bees.

Also while we may only be able to take a limited number of potions with us from a camp we can clearly keep plenty on hand.

"My father was a beekeeper before me, his father was a beekeeper before him. I want to walk in their footsteps, and their footsteps are AAAAAAH I'M COVERED IN BEEEEEES"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Smash Mouth drink the bees

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

paragon1 posted:

Everything they've put out so far seems to indicate that preparing properly is very key. From the type of elemental type damage your doing, to the types of damage you can resist, to the abilities you equip. That being said, I hope the game is designed such that you can have a general idea of what to be ready for in a given area. Telling people prep work is key is kinda pointless if they never have any idea what to prepare for!

In the Avvar barbarian demo they introduced a dwarf woman who is apparently the scout commander of the Inquistion; she tells you you'll be facing barbarians and undead in force. I get the feeling that there will be briefings when you go to an area to give you an idea of what to expect, but there will probably be some learning involved--you'll be told about the upcoming undead, but you'll only know to bring fire magic to exploit that weakness if you've burned a few before, something like that. Though a bestiary would not go amiss.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I want to play an rpg in a world where the nobility raise the dead and plant trees in the zombies. Those zombies stay in the castle and provide mobile shade whenever the nobility are outside walking around.

The Mobile Gardens of Haeymlia.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the game looks ok now!!!!

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Drifter posted:

I want to play an rpg in a world where the nobility raise the dead and plant trees in the zombies. Those zombies stay in the castle and provide mobile shade whenever the nobility are outside walking around.

The Mobile Gardens of Haeymlia.

If you're just interested in that kind of fluff, I think one of the new factions in Magic: The gathering does just that. Look up the Sultai.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh sure let me just play a card game.

(I'll look at the fluff, though. thanks :) )

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

sam16 posted:

So, they released a teaser pic for the UI on the pc:

Except for the light/no bitmaps design choice (matter of taste), I think this is actually pretty good.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

BrianWilly posted:

Has there been any new information on mounts? I wanna ride a bear.

[insert preemptive joke about romance options]

They're Canadian, there's precedent:

Zyntherius
Jul 25, 2014

will you be able to mod it? Or are they refusing to allow that to happen?

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Zyntherius posted:

will you be able to mod it? Or are they refusing to allow that to happen?

It's running on the Frostbite engine, there wont be mods of any kind.

Zyntherius
Jul 25, 2014

Gasoline posted:

but... :( But what if they really gently caress up a scene or a character or such? That was the beauty of Dragon age 2. You could make the entire game better .. part from the ending with use made mods

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Gasoline posted:

But what if the characters aren't white enough and I need to fix that??? Or if I need to make the female character's boobs bigger???

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Here's one for the "poo poo you used to take for granted" list but - it sure is nice to not give a drat about the race of a fictional character!

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, since mods are pretty much out I'm actually going to purchase Inquisition for my new PS4, it's quite a step for me since I've always been PC centric for pretty much all of Biowares titles.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Suspicions confirmed:

Some close-ups of some of the multiplayer character bios.

And I just like this picture of chevaliers from what I think is the latest volume of the World of Thedas.

edit: Apparently the multiplayer demos at PAX had to be capped because of fire codes. I guess it might be good!

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 31, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That picture of the cheveliers gives off some Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Shivering Isles vibes to me.

It's a pretty cool picture. Actually, all of those pictures in your post are pretty drat cool.

I like those arts.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lotish posted:

stuff that looks the poo poo

drat guys this game might actually turn out pretty drat good.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Blue Raider posted:

drat guys this game might actually turn out pretty drat good.

Solas is flaunting his heterosexual elf privilege the drat place, this game will never be good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lotish posted:

Suspicions confirmed:

Some close-ups of some of the multiplayer character bios.

And I just like this picture of chevaliers from what I think is the latest volume of the World of Thedas.

edit: Apparently the multiplayer demos at PAX had to be capped because of fire codes. I guess it might be good!

So The Reaver is like 1000 years old?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hahaha, that's quite the oversight.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Dragon blood did it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
All the multiplayer choices are are preset characters? I was hoping for a bit more...not that...than that.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

All the multiplayer choices are are preset characters? I was hoping for a bit more...not that...than that.

Think Mass Effect multiplayer; you get a preset class with (Possibly) a tree you upgrade as you level up. As they release new DLC, you get new classes with new skills or hybrids of old classes.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Gasoline posted:

:sigh: The gay Alistair mod was my favorite thing for DAO. That's a little disappointing.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

:sigh: The gay Alistair mod was my favorite thing for DAO. That's a little disappointing.

At least there are a whole new slew of character to gently caress up the digital shitpipe.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The more they reveal how closed off Romance is the better the game seems to be. Coincidence or carefully orchestrated conspiracy to ensure that they lose as many of the BSN lunatics as possible?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

So The Reaver is like 1000 years old?

The wording is wonky. I think it's trying to say that the people of Haven settled there during the time of the First Blight and have lived there for generations with no contact with the outside world since.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

The wording is wonky. I think it's trying to say that the people of Haven settled there during the time of the First Blight and have lived there for generations with no contact with the outside world since.

I dunno how anyone could read that and come away with that conclusion.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bioware can't even keep their own lore straight, which some people probably don't care about, but those little details are the difference between a great and good game, and if there are too many of them, the mark of a poo poo game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i think the person who made the graphic just accidentally put first instead of last

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
They have to have meant to put the Fifth Blight, since IIRC that's the one in the first game, whose events cause the Chantry to find Haven in the first place.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Polaron posted:

They have to have meant to put the Fifth Blight, since IIRC that's the one in the first game, whose events cause the Chantry to find Haven in the first place.

Yeah, the fifth blight was the one in Origins, there's really no way around that being a typo. I'm guessing that whoever wrote that card just sort of had "first game" in their head and accidentally wrote that down and nobody caught it.

I mean, it's not like Bioware to rush a product out the door, but that could be what happened

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

The more they reveal how closed off Romance is the better the game seems to be. Coincidence or carefully orchestrated conspiracy to ensure that they lose as many of the BSN lunatics as possible?

They caught a decent amount of flak for their gay=bisexual romances in earlier games, so this just seems like logical progression in their continued attempt to provide a nuanced set of options for various orientations. Driving lunatic fans crazy when their digital crush, from a game that hasn't even been released yet, turns out to prefer the wrong set of widgets is just pure gravy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Skippy McPants posted:

They caught a decent amount of flak for their gay=bisexual romances in earlier games, so this just seems like logical progression in their continued attempt to provide a nuanced set of options for various orientations. Driving lunatic fans crazy when their digital crush, from a game that hasn't even been released yet, turns out to prefer the wrong set of widgets is just pure gravy.

The only problem is that the BSN lunatics were the one definite crowd that they can depend on for guaranteed sales after DA2. Even if this game is good and they put heart into most of it, chasing away the crazies may make this game lose the quick profit it needs before EA gets the axe. As much as this was a bridge they needed to burn back in Origins it may cost them in Inquisition.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Crabtree posted:

The only problem is that the BSN lunatics were the one definite crowd that they can depend on for guaranteed sales after DA2. Even if this game is good and they put heart into most of it, chasing away the crazies may make this game lose the quick profit it needs before EA gets the axe. As much as this was a bridge they needed to burn back in Origins it may cost them in Inquisition.

Not even 1% of 1% of the people who will buy DA:I are the people who post on their forums. Crazy forum fans generally make up a very tiny, albeit extremely vocal, minority. Also, I'm sure most of them will buy the game anyway, because as we've established, they're loving lunatics.

Edit: And while I'll give Bioware a lot of poo poo for the stuff they've gotten wrong, divvying up the romances is pretty awesome. It's unusual for a high profile developer to even attempt something that progressive. Hell the only other game on this scale I can think of that even took at stab it was The Last of Us.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 31, 2014

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lotish posted:

Suspicions confirmed:

So do we know all romances then? I thought there were two race-gated romances?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Torrannor posted:

So do we know all romances then? I thought there were two race-gated romances?
That's kinda bullshit.
Does the game even let you sprint faster than the other npcs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Torrannor posted:

So do we know all romances then?
7 out of 8.

• Locked thread