Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

jmistajay posted:

Hey, guess what, Luigi Death Stare is cool and both of those Buus are cool. Let's stop arguing about whether or not they're cool.

Same cosplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Averrences posted:

Wait.

Hold the gently caress up.

You used that as an example of really good Buu cosplay?

Hoo boy.

Ah yes, now my opinion has done a 180 from my original "That buu doesn't look like he has a dildo on his head" to "HOLY gently caress THAT OTHER SHOT OF NOTHING BUT AN EAR AND AN EYE IS AMAZING HOLY FUCKNUTS I MIGHT PISS MYSELF FROM THE EXCELLENCE!!!!!!!11111!!!1!!1!eleventyone!!!!11!!"

That being said, if you could post maybe more of an actual shot of the costume and less like Buu's Glamour Shot gone wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Goddamn if that thumbnail doesn't give me serious "Jim Carrey as the Grinch" vibes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

How 'bout Gillian Anderson dressed as Morticia Addams?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm not one of those guys that thinks Scully is the Western Waifu to beat all Waifus but still redheaded Morticia :allears:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mind the walrus posted:

I'm not one of those guys that thinks Scully is the Western Waifu to beat all Waifus but still redheaded Morticia :allears:

Yeah she's pretty attractive.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

bpc908 posted:

Being a Dick isn't cosplaying

At Denver Comic Con I had the pleasure of seeing someone in a Deadpool zentai suit (mind you, no guns, belts, pouches, boots, etc) sneak up behind some Tolkien Elf and start pulling arrows out of his quiver, while two or three friends-of-deadpool in street clothes giggled and took photos. The elf turned around and front-kicked him in the chest.

I laughed so hard I almost threw up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That being said, if you could post maybe more of an actual shot of the costume and less like Buu's Glamour Shot gone wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

bpc908 posted:

Same cosplayer

I'm wondering, are there good male Link cosplays? Because all the good ones I've seen are ladies.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Speaking of DBZ cosplay, these appeared on Imgur:

I don't know if I'm more impressed that they made them, or that their dog let them do that and didn't run off afterwards.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Was the guy he threw the shell at in on the whole thing? Because if not, that's just being a dick regardless of costume or character.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Nah, couldn't really tell if the guy was going along with it or just trying to be restrained about it. I'm probably just jaded from having seen people do poo poo like this without having anyone else in on the joke, including stuff that gets them thrown out or arrested. Too many years staffing cons.

(Though the year a sheriff got arrested was kind of interesting, at least - and I don't mean someone dressed as a sheriff.)

If everyone's in on it, then I'm laughin'.
seek an autism diagnosis

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Hremsfeld posted:

I don't know if I'm more impressed that they made them, or that their dog let them do that and didn't run off afterwards.

Speaking of dog cosplay,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0gNuVuKTKs

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
For dog cosplay you can't forget Chubbs!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2L_ExKWuI

Bonus Okami: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlM4RVWORRM

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Hremsfeld posted:

I like how in the second pic you can see the human sized armor so they can be cosplay buddies together.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Anyone going to DragonCon this weekend in Atlanta?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I got a laugh out of this gender bent Handsome Jack.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Boomerjinks posted:

At Denver Comic Con I had the pleasure of seeing someone in a Deadpool zentai suit (mind you, no guns, belts, pouches, boots, etc) sneak up behind some Tolkien Elf and start pulling arrows out of his quiver, while two or three friends-of-deadpool in street clothes giggled and took photos. The elf turned around and front-kicked him in the chest.

I laughed so hard I almost threw up.

Tell me that while he was on the ground writhing in pain you ran up and put bunny ears behind his head and did other hilarious ~random~ stuff :dance:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

muscles like this? posted:

She borrowed the gun from some really good friends of mine! They built an actual vibrator into it so you can turn it on and it vibrates.

Averrences
May 3, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ah yes, now my opinion has done a 180 from my original "That buu doesn't look like he has a dildo on his head" to "HOLY gently caress THAT OTHER SHOT OF NOTHING BUT AN EAR AND AN EYE IS AMAZING HOLY FUCKNUTS I MIGHT PISS MYSELF FROM THE EXCELLENCE!!!!!!!11111!!!1!!1!eleventyone!!!!11!!"

...dude I meant that in a friendly 'hey look at this one' sort of way, if you are really so overwhelmingly defensive about your post maybe you should walk away from the computer for a bit.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

McPantserton posted:

She borrowed the gun from some really good friends of mine! They built an actual vibrator into it so you can turn it on and it vibrates.

Moxxie would be proud.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

cowboythreespeech posted:

Moxxie would be proud.

gently caress yeah she would. I think I've posted their stuff before but they're my cosplay besties so here are my ladybros at the Verssen Werks again anyway featuring the above-mentioned Good Touch.

We got a chance to do some really killer photos of our 40k stuff with smokebombs (!!!) too. :D The weather was very terrible for being outside in armor, like 80 degrees and extremely high humidity, but it was worth it.

Both of these by Vontography

And this one by Break Point Z.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Nintendo of America just tweeted this guy...

Amazing overall, but I'm a sucker for costumes with glowing eyes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Okay this screams "Infested Terran" from Starcraft, but the armor looks more Warhammer. Or is that :thejoke:?

Yes I'm aware of Warcraft/Starcraft's origins.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
It's definitely a Chaos Marine. Too many skulls to be an infested marine from SC. That's one very lean Marine though.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Fucknag posted:

Okay this screams "Infested Terran" from Starcraft, but the armor looks more Warhammer. Or is that :thejoke:?

Yes I'm aware of Warcraft/Starcraft's origins.

As far as I can tell it's a really poorly made Chaos Terminator from Warhammer 40k. I can't say that I would be able to do better but it's still not a good likeness. Which makes me wonder how many of the bad cosplays realize that they aren't that good and just go with it anyway.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Isn't the point of chaos everything that they're all mutated and twisted and hosed up, in which case that guy is doing a far better job than all those guys who just put some black on the top of their smurfsuit and add some spikes and red LEDs?

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

MooCowlian posted:

Isn't the point of chaos everything that they're all mutated and twisted and hosed up, in which case that guy is doing a far better job than all those guys who just put some black on the top of their smurfsuit and add some spikes and red LEDs?

Twisted yes but only to a point. He's got the proportions all wrong which is the main reason it's a bad cosplay.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I think that's a devotee of Nurgle.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The proportions are weird for a Space Marine, but with a bit of work he could do a bitchin' Treant Protector from Dota 2.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Black legion terminator dedicated to chaos undivided. He would have been better off slimming the back piece and doing regular power armor.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cos-ception. Or alternatively, it's a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Rocketlex posted:

I've seen this picture 4 times and I've only just noticed he's a salesman.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

McPantserton posted:

gently caress yeah she would. I think I've posted their stuff before but they're my cosplay besties so here are my ladybros at the Verssen Werks again anyway featuring the above-mentioned Good Touch.

We got a chance to do some really killer photos of our 40k stuff with smokebombs (!!!) too. :D The weather was very terrible for being outside in armor, like 80 degrees and extremely high humidity, but it was worth it.

Both of these by Vontography

And this one by Break Point Z.

Goddamn, would you guys please hurry up and take a trip to Badlands or Goblin Valley for a photoshoot already???

Also, I literally SCREAMED at my monitor when I saw this...

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Aug 31, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Mezzanine posted:

Ooh, she was the Supergirl in that "Happy" music video posted a while back.

Do you have a link to that? I can't seem to find it.

Hremsfeld posted:

Corgi's have always struck me as dogs that are down for pretty much anything. They seem like the pollyannas of the canine world.

muscles like this? posted:

Y'know I never get used to seeing people imitate the cel shaded graphics of borderlanda using makeup. It always just seems to make them dive into the uncanny valley for me.

Rocketlex posted:

There should be more deku scrub and zora cosplays :(

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Erebus posted:

Why would you just assume nobody liked Dinosaurs?

It's not that nobody liked that show. It's just that no one really remembers it (outside of that pink baby that always beat the father and was voiced by the same man who did Elmo on Sesame Street).

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Do you have a link to that? I can't seem to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0zRvy6gBw

Here you go! It was done by D Piddy, everyone's favorite dancing Deadpool.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Boomerjinks posted:

Goddamn, would you guys please hurry up and take a trip to Badlands or Goblin Valley for a photoshoot already???

Also, I literally SCREAMED at my monitor when I saw this...

holy poo poo!
:aaa:

"Compliance!"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Cos-ception. Or alternatively, it's a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude!

Crossplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mr Wikstroem posted:

As far as I can tell it's a really poorly made Chaos Terminator from Warhammer 40k. I can't say that I would be able to do better but it's still not a good likeness. Which makes me wonder how many of the bad cosplays realize that they aren't that good and just go with it anyway.

I don't know, ht proportions are off but it has a certain charm to it, like 40k by way of Jim Henson.

• Locked thread