Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Depression Quest posted:

Aid a charity.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Features:

You can pay for the game

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

:gas:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

also, isn't expecting people to be able to hear audio *gasps among the audience along with booing, the crowd is visibly thinning as people leave the venue, utterly disgusted* ABLIST?

yeah, this is the sort of gay retarded non-issue poo poo i'd be shilling for if i were a gaming journalist*, i suppose

*who hasn't hosed zoe quinn, a rare breed no doubt

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

It's a choose-your-own-adventure with a lousy soundtrack.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

burritolingus posted:

It's a choose-your-own-adventure with a lousy soundtrack.

minus the adventure

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Parallax Scroll posted:

you really love video games dont you

almost as much as people who derive the entirety of the money they earn from them and now claim they're the most irrelevant thing to care about, ever

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Choose-your-own-depression.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Brown Menace posted:

play for yourself, then

http://www.depressionquest.com/dqfinal.html

man, this game loses so much from the lack of lovely, lame piano music

Does this mean those choose your own adventure books are games now?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I remember her talking about how there were a couple of separate audio tracks that were supposed to layer over each other and change depending on the choices you made. Letting people know that audio was a more integral component of this game compared to other twine stuff seems like a pretty reasonable thing to post!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

does this thread contain anyone other than angry gamers

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

argondamn posted:

minus the adventure

and the choice

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

a slim pixie posted:

The people in power at the time thought all those things were trivial bullshit.
A stupid counterargument. They most certainly did not in the case of blacks in the south. It was an organized system where the people in power were spending a lot of effort to keep blacks "in their place".

And what matters in the long run is whether society as a whole (or at least majority) agrees that something is not trivial bullshit. Few social movements ever worked by changing the minds of the entrenched power, they changed everyone else's minds and got the former replaced.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

no just gamers+

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

EMPOWERING games *sics virtual lynch mob on a bunch of depressed people to gain publicity*

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Parallax Scroll posted:

yes angry gamers and angry sjws

would you like more information

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

post the gas emoticon again thatll get em

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Paladinus posted:

If gamers are dead, am I a zombie now?
if you considered yourself a gamer...

... you were already dead :frogc00l:

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

can we petition to get the choose your own adventure goosebumps books greenlit on steam I lost them when I moved

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012

Hell, flipping back and forth through the pages is way more game-like than Depression Quest

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Parallax Scroll posted:

dang, these gamers, folks *pulls string to make bowtie spin and go WOOP WOOP WOOP while continuing to post in a thread about video game poo poo*

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
I'd actually be on board with an online choose your own adventure that simulated a book

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Check it out I've made a revolutionary game about Alzheimers

*rips some random pages out of choose your own adventure*

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

I actually don't play video games, I'm just really gay.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

oh no my video games

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
I made a game called Harry Potter. In it, you read Harry Potter.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

oh no my video games

haha owned

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Now? They always have been.

I had the first one. If I remember, it had puzzles you had to solve, coins you could collect, and maybe even power-ups? It was a bit more of a video game than Depression Quest.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Parallax Scroll posted:

oh no my video games

am i gonna have to remind a nigga that this was literally the first argument people used against SJW types, years and billions of dollars of growth in the gaming and related gaming journalism industry, before the present day

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

internet sjws have instulted the honor of my childrens toy

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Parallax Scroll posted:

internet sjws have instulted the honor of my childrens toy

my children's toy they claimed (with enthusiastic support from gaming journalists) was just as relevant a form of art as any other before they started getting their asses kicked

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

burritolingus posted:

Now? They always have been.

I had the first one. If I remember, it had puzzles you had to solve, coins you could collect, and maybe even power-ups? It was a bit more of a video game than Depression Quest.

Dude I legit have some of these

Got handed down to me as a kid and my sister had already done all the loving PUZZLES!!!!!!!

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I want a fun child's toys, not toys telling me to feel guilty about being white and not born a mentally retarded crippled homosexual like you. Heh.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Dude I legit have some of these

Got handed down to me as a kid and my sister had already done all the loving PUZZLES!!!!!!!

Lol, more of a game than depression quest.

Literal books are more video games than her video game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I was about to describe Depression Quest as being a single dialog tree in New Vegas where your character doesn't have high enough skills to pass any of the checks but then I realized that would be too much of a compliment.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously why play Depression Quest when Dreamfall Chronicles is coming out?

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
i am a gamer+

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Lol, more of a game than depression quest.

Literal books are more video games than her video game.

Realtalk those were loving awesome and had an inventory management system built in (you penciled them into an index and used them in certain situations)

All this poo poo was had by a book published before I was born but Zoe Quinn got a game on Steam where you can't even do nothin at all

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I remember this now, but didn't realize the kid was ten. Did these guys really think that threatening to stab and physically injure a ten-year-old equals progress?

I hear a lot like "if you oppose somebody who calls themselves a warrior for social justice or a crusader, consider what you're actually opposing". Well, it's that.

It's that poo poo right there.

he's actually 13, not 10. i learned this because they started harassing him again this week for saying things like "it's mean to cheat on your boyfriend and lie about it" and he said things back to them like "well of course i live with my parents, i'm 13. also, living with my parents still does not make it untrue that it's mean to cheat on your boyrfriend."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Depression is just a privileged white man's PTSD anyway, you should be playing Spec Ops: The Line

• Locked thread