Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

tbf do you think people would be skimming cliffyB's chatlogs if his super recent ex-gf called him a jerk

well maybe because cliffyb is a shithead and nobody likes him, uhhh david gaider mike mearls suda51 whatever the f

I'm a big fan of Goichi Suda and I'd be all over allegations of him doing a bunch of terrible poo poo so I could read up and figure out whether or not I would continue being a big fan of Goichi Suda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

She's not the law but it's actually a fairly academically rigorous definition. At least one country (sweden) has tried to prosecute someone for their equievelent of rape using "would not consented to it had the person been honest" in a particularly famous case. Beyond that though it's her own definition of rape (she was using it to manipulate her boyfriend to make it even more scummy), it's fair to lampoon her for violating it.

glad we agree that she did not rape her boyfriend lol. unless you use...SJW LOGIC!!!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
arbitraryc's posts rape my attention span

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im the human being gamer who thinks game journalism and video games are important

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I'm a big fan of Goichi Suda and I'd be all over allegations of him doing a bunch of terrible poo poo so I could read up and figure out whether or not I would continue being a big fan of Goichi Suda

i heard he fiddled a ditty while he diddled fiddy, pass it on to twetter

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Slanderer posted:

...SJW LOGIC!!!

:stonk:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Honey is something bothering you?
you're not dying your hair when you get home like you usually do, is everything ok?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Honey is something bothering you?
you're not dying your hair when you get home like you usually do, is everything ok?

lol

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

also cheating sucks but it's not rape, not even when a person who says cheating is rape does it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
when goichi suda rapes maid cafe workers in alleyways (pass it on to the reddits) do you think he wears a luchador mask

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So did Anita ever post the police report so that person could donate $1000 to charity? Has any police report come about for the alleged hacking/death threats at all?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Torka posted:

also cheating sucks but it's not rape, not even when a person who thinks cheating is rape does it

lol yeah but "zoe quinn is a big fat hypocrite" isnt as cool as "zoe quinn is a rapist according to her Sacred Feminist Word of Honor (ps feminists are always stupid and wrong also)"

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So did Anita ever post the police report so that person could donate $1000 to charity? Has any police report come about for the alleged hacking/death threats at all?

obviously the burden of proof is on her, the lady who gets death threats for talking about video games on the internet

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Falsum posted:

Nothing happened at PAX, but rumors say that the game journos are gonna do something Monday that has to do with the whole 'gamers are dead' thing (possibly ditching the term, similar to what happened with Atheism+)
What.

Are we talking about an acceptance that "gamer" is too broad a term without qualifiers like core, hardcore, ultracore, softcore, applecore or whatever?

Or is it some bizarro branding thing like "New Gamers+" dreamed up by some unholy union of marketroids and insanity?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Neurolimal posted:

depends, did they hold off on those claims until they were dumped

did they press charges and go to police for these claims instead of dropping a pantload on a blog

lol at this piece of poo poo using the exact same strategies against rape that they condemn "mras" for

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

What.

Are we talking about an acceptance that "gamer" is too broad a term without qualifiers like core, hardcore, ultracore, softcore, applecore or whatever?

Or is it some bizarro branding thing like "New Gamers+" dreamed up by some unholy union of marketroids and insanity?

gamers are fat dumb baby nerd losers

i am a proud gamist

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Pirate Jet posted:

obviously the burden of proof is on her, the lady who gets death threats for talking about video games on the internet

Given she's pulled some poo poo in the past, it's fair game to question her honesty. Also there's really no harm in posting the police report, it takes a few minutes to redact personal info.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

hmm yes anonymous twitter person who pretends they will donate money is someone i should trust and care about

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

when goichi suda rapes maid cafe workers in alleyways (pass it on to the reddits) do you think he wears a luchador mask

drat it.. gently caress.. I cared about Games.... *own penis begins flashing red, shits out own kidneys while screaming backwards*

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

I hope there's a trend that all gamers that support Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkesean, and the SJW crew start a + trend where to show their allegiance all of their followers add + at the end of their call signs and nicknames in video games.

I think them add that + would be one of the greatest things ever.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Slanderer posted:

hmm yes anonymous twitter person who pretends they will donate money is someone i should trust and care about

That's kinda not the point.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Neurolimal posted:

It is well documented that Suda wears luchadour masks at all times yes.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brannock posted:

lol at this piece of poo poo using the exact same strategies against rape that they condemn "mras" for

i'm not sure how you'd be able to hear a rape dogwhistle brannock

also let it be known that i hold the controversial opinion that people should attempt to report rapes to the police, its ok if they dont do it for a while due to being traumatized but if they're willing to post with their real identity on a blogpost about it they should prolly contact actual authorities at some point before notifying everyone in the twittersphere (rapist included)

hosed up i know, but i think authorities should know before the readers of Top-10-Gaming-Titties.blog.com

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to kill Zoe Quinn, and have sex with Anita Sarkeesian, while killing her. :twisted:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I trust your opinion, poster with a pony avatar.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pirate Jet posted:

I trust your opinion, poster with a pony avatar.

lol totally

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

you haven't been crimed until you go to the police station, pay for a copy of a police report, and post pics on twitter

until then you are a manipulative faker with big dumb hoop earrings

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Neurolimal posted:

also let it be known that i hold the controversial opinion that people should attempt to report rapes to the police, its ok if they dont do it for a while due to being traumatized but if they're willing to post with their real identity on a blogpost about it they should prolly contact actual authorities at some point before notifying everyone in the twittersphere (rapist included)

hosed up i know, but i think authorities should know before the readers of Top-10-Gaming-Titties.blog.com

guess what zoe quinn never will do

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brannock posted:

apparently the answer isn't men, because she is the cuck broodmother, women?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Brannock posted:

cuck again?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

madeupfred posted:

I'm going to kill Zoe Quinn, and have sex with Anita Sarkeesian, while killing her. :twisted:

this upsets me and I think I might have to leave my house and warn my family to leave the state

prooooooobably won't mention it to the police though, lol :)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

madeupfred posted:

As long as you ask for their consent.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

You could prolly say the same for death threats that make you leave your house lololololol.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Trapezium Dave posted:

What.

Gamers are all misogynist pieces of poo poo, so to separate themselves from the term they will become...Gamer+

Yeah that's the actual reasoning.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

You could prolly say the same for death threats that make you leave your house lololololol.

ya that would be p cool if they reported that to the police instead of twittering about it, idk what that has to do with zoe quinn's ex-bf being a weepy keyboard masher tho

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I dunno I heard they both received death threats from the same nonexistent twitter account

I learned a couple months ago that there's one Twitter harassment tactic that involves sending tweets from accounts with 0 tweets then deleting them so fast that Twitter's real time search doesn't index them, but they still show up if you're sitting there reading your notifications. It's a fabulous idea for someone who wants to build up a narrative about how they're being harassed along with a way to score extra victimhood points when people look up the tweets and say "uh, I don't actually see these tweets anywhere."

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Neurolimal posted:

can we talk about how much of a baby zoe quinn's ex-boyfriend was

do you think he was playing The Crying Game on loop when he wrote his manifesto

Hey Neuroliminal, what do you think the The Crying Game is?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Hey Neuroliminal, what do you think the The Crying Game is?

a beer game where you see who can cry the most for the crigh-score, duh.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Slanderer posted:

you haven't been crimed until you go to the police station, pay for a copy of a police report, and post pics on twitter

until then you are a manipulative faker with big dumb hoop earrings

Making sure everyone on twitter knows just how victimized you feel about poo poo that's happened before instead of saying anything about the police being involved seems a tad attention whorey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Trapezium Dave posted:

What.

Basically they want to turn 'gamer' into a slur. The game journos wrote 10 or so articles about it on the same day, saying stuff like "'gamers' are dead." Rumors say that they'll pledge to never use 'gamer' again and announce a replacement term on Monday.

Shadoer posted:

Excellent

Thanks for the update.

Oh yeah I forgot, on top of Anita and Zoe being too scared to go home, now Danielle Riendeau (Polygon reviewer) is as well

Falsum fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 31, 2014

• Locked thread