Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Jesus loving christ is Seventh Son still not out yet?

It was supposed to be out this past January, but got delayed on account of Legendary's new deal with Universal (WB had originally been distributing it). Even if that delay had nothing to do with its quality, the film had been delayed twice before that - originally it was scheduled for February 2013, then October - so I'm sure it's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Jedit posted:

If I were constantly identified with Frodo Baggins, I'd do likewise. The guy wants to have a career beyond that and murdering a bunch of people in interesting ways is the best way to break the initial typecast.

When you want to break typecast, you should do lots of one type of role, for years.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Frodo isn't even THAT beyond what he's taken up lately. He's a nice little innocent guy who has something very dark going on inside and could turn on you and murder you at any moment as the darkness overtakes him.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Mr. Squishy posted:

When you want to break typecast, you should do lots of one type of role, for years.

In what though? There's Sin City and Maniac. He's done a poo poo load of work since Lord of the Rings. I remember him more fondly for Wilfred at this point that for LoTR

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I find it hard to believe somebody can be typecast as a freaking hobbit anyway

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Elijah plays a great Cyborg Superman. Zack Snyder needs to sign him.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Vegetable posted:

I find it hard to believe somebody can be typecast as a freaking hobbit anyway

I'm sure every dwarf actor would disagree.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

FoneBone posted:

It was supposed to be out this past January, but got delayed on account of Legendary's new deal with Universal (WB had originally been distributing it). Even if that delay had nothing to do with its quality, the film had been delayed twice before that - originally it was scheduled for February 2013, then October - so I'm sure it's terrible.

I think I saw the first trailer for that before loving Inception or something. There really needs to be some kind of "poo poo or get off the pot" rule for these kinds of things (see also: All the Boys Love Mandy Lane)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Erebus posted:

Peter Dinklage disagrees.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Erebus posted:

Especially all the ones that killed themselves.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

56: Rollerskates (Quads only. Inlines can Get-The-Hell-Out)

the Rink

Modern Times

Murder Drome

Demonica (still to be released)

Roller Town

Derby

This is Roller Derby

Unholy Rollers

Kansas City Bomber

Whip It

the Fireball

Battle Creek Brawl

Winners and Sinners

Roll Bounce

Roller Boogie

Skatetown USA

Xanadu

Rollerball

(This was the only poster I could find that actually shows the skates)

Solarbabies

(same here)

Unfortunately I couldn't find a poster for the TV movie Roll, Freddy, Roll!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ShufflerZero posted:

Skatetown USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiwtTwJkcrM&t=76s

As bad as the recent resurgence of facial hair has been, at least people aren't pulling a Skatetown USA and putting glitter in their beards.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ShufflerZero posted:

(Quads only. Inlines can Get-The-Hell-Out)

This rule is only in place because you don't want to post the REAL Rollerball movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Dfi-b-qns

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This rule is only in place because you don't want to post the REAL Rollerball movie

If you look closely you'll see there are actually no skates of any kind on this poster, quads or inlines.
LL Cool J's commentary during Rebecca Romijn's topless scene is pretty funny: "She gets more hang-time than Michael Jordan!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She also originally got naked for the movie but they decided later they wanted it to be PG-13 and so gave her digital underwear.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this? posted:

She also originally got naked for the movie but they decided later they wanted it to be PG-13 and so gave her digital underwear.

That doesn't sound very comfortable.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Dfi-b-qns

I figured it was more to avoid this:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

That sounds like the ravings of a madman.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Should've gone with body paint

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Allen Wren posted:

I figured it was more to avoid this:

Now I want to see a movie with Joe and Emilio Estevez, Frank Stallone, and a couple Lesser Baldwins.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Getting real sick of my analog underwear over here.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CaptainHollywood posted:

I didn't think it was possible but they just released a new poster for Seventh Son. I want to see it even less. This is going to be bomb worse than I Frankestein.

This reminds me of that awful looking Dracula prequel that had previews everywhere a couple months ago. I just checked imdb and it's not coming out for another 2-ish months. Weird.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Dracula Reborn. I can't think of a movie I'm looking forward to less.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Dracula Reborn. I can't think of a movie I'm looking forward to less.

Dracula Untold

It's Luke Evans trying to actually star in a movie instead of just being a supporting actor.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Untold, sorry. Dracula: Whatever

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Do you think in like fifty years we'll have an Adolf Hitler: Chronicles that tells the story of his fated rise to power, his early romance with a gorgeous Israeli supermodel and saving his nation from the Communist tide?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I love how there's not greater guarantee that a movie's derivative as hell than if it claims to be an "untold" story.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hell, you think you know everything there is to know about Vlad Tepes, but you don't.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's at least somewhat likely that with Tepes, much like Elizabeth Bathory, that a lot of the more horrific stories about him were made up by his political detractors. Also it's a Dracula movie, not a biopic. It's not claiming to be accurate either way.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

It would own though if Dracula Untold turned out to be a meticulously accurate biopic of Prince Vlad III.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheJoker138 posted:

It's at least somewhat likely that with Tepes, much like Elizabeth Bathory, that a lot of the more horrific stories about him were made up by his political detractors. Also it's a Dracula movie, not a biopic. It's not claiming to be accurate either way.

Well, no poo poo, I don't think he supped the blood of an immortal and smashed maurauding Muslim hordes as a cloud of bats.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Well, no poo poo, I don't think he supped the blood of an immortal and smashed maurauding Muslim hordes as a cloud of bats.

Then why the comparisons to them making a movie about Hitler and acting like you're upset about this character who has been fictionalized for almost a hundred years being fictionalized again?

penismightier posted:

It would own though if Dracula Untold turned out to be a meticulously accurate biopic of Prince Vlad III.

Also this would be awesome.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Dracula Untold looks like Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Dominic Cooper being in both doesn't really hurt that comparison, either) but with Dracula and I am down as gently caress for that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheJoker138 posted:

Then why the comparisons to them making a movie about Hitler and acting like you're upset about this character who has been fictionalized for almost a hundred years being fictionalized again?

Slotting Dracula into this kind of super bland 300-cum-Gladiator dark hero's journey crap looks amazingly unappealing. You could slap Hitler into this kind of movie with the same beats and it would look the same.

GonSmithe posted:

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

That trailer looked way, way better than this one. That trailer made it look like we were getting a sequel to Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

When I first saw that trailer for Dracula Untold I thought "someone liked that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 trailer so much they made a movie around it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKsEPoJMuKY&t=53s

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I agree that Dracula: Untold looks super retarded. But I love retarded Dracula poo poo so I want to see it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slotting Dracula into this kind of super bland 300-cum-Gladiator dark hero's journey crap looks amazingly unappealing. You could slap Hitler into this kind of movie with the same beats and it would look the same.

Yes but, I'm picturing Hitler with a giant cloud of bats smashing his armies and it looks dope.

case in point

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 31, 2014

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

Yes but, I'm picturing Hitler with a giant cloud of bats smashing his armies and it looks dope.

case in point

Reviled by history...

"I will do anything to protect you, Eva... and our future."

He plunged into darkness...

"I will raise Germany up from the ashes!"

How far would you go to save your country?

HITLER: GENESYS

I won't lie, the incredibly poor taste of giving Hitler a Maleficent-like "turns out he's not evil, just misunderstood!" turn in a movie is kind of hilarious.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

ShufflerZero posted:

56: Rollerskates (Quads only. Inlines can Get-The-Hell-Out)

Why do you hate rollerblades?

Oh. Right. Gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

How could you post roller skating movies and not include this one?

Or it's hilarious alternate?