Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They changed the alert system with the patch its the old kick rear end alerts and you lock when you win. VS has come back into its stride again but we are deffo feeling the horrible pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yep, a system that instantly kills any and all fights sure is good.

:suicide:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I want them to implement the heat mechanic for VS guns, but I also want them to not be dumb about it. The carbines don't need less dpm. Yes, I know LAs exist but why should the Solstice aurax have 24 rounds? Dumb. Avoid the tendency to be stupid and it could be awesome.

I really just want VS guns to be different, not "it's a gimped TR gun that's been reskinned!".

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Gonkish posted:

I want them to implement the heat mechanic for VS guns, but I also want them to not be dumb about it. The carbines don't need less dpm. Yes, I know LAs exist but why should the Solstice aurax have 24 rounds? Dumb. Avoid the tendency to be stupid and it could be awesome.

I really just want VS guns to be different, not "it's a gimped TR gun that's been reskinned!".

Heat mechanic without infinite ammo is entirely possible and its not game breaking because we'd just have TR guns. Just like sard said make it a belt fed mechanic where you have 300 rounds to shoot but you can only shoot 30 before your gun overheats.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

hailthefish posted:

Yep, a system that instantly kills any and all fights sure is good.

:suicide:

Any system that gets people the gently caress off of Indar is a good system.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

sitchelin posted:

Any system that gets people the gently caress off of Indar is a good system.

Indar's fun. I don't know what everyone's issue is with it. It's got a diverse landscape, some vertical stuff, some big flat murderplains, grass, desert. I got sick of Amerish because it's nothing but switchbacks and mountains that's horrible to be infantry on. Esamir's an eye-gouging plain of white forever. Hossin appears to be the elemental plane of framerate murder.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Indar is the de_dust of Planetside. Sure it's a fun continent, but the other continents are just as good, and it would be nice of 90% of the players would stop pissing over Quartz Ridge and Tawrich all the goddamn time and experienced those continents. New Amerish in particular is just goddamn amazing, and Esamir is heaven for Magriders (though only one tech plant is bullshit).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Most of the people who play this game aren't sky-chariot obsessives or tank assholes, I think, which is why the continent that doesn't punish you for being infantry is popular.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I'm really bad at the game, I can't seem to hit anything consistently when I use a 1x/2x sight on a gun but I can hit things very well with iron sights and the night vision scope. What's wrong with me? :(

wei
Jul 27, 2006
What? Infantry spergs loving hate Indar, every spawn can be shelled with HE easily.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ryuga Death posted:

I'm really bad at the game, I can't seem to hit anything consistently when I use a 1x/2x sight on a gun but I can hit things very well with iron sights and the night vision scope. What's wrong with me? :(

Reflexes aren't actually accurate. I use IRNV almost exclusively

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ryuga Death posted:

Maybe tweak your mouse sensitivity so it's a bit lower? I had a similar issue, and I just had to turn the ADS sensitivity down more even though I didn't feel like that was the issue. After that, I had considerably less issues with using reflex sights.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Arghy posted:

They changed the alert system with the patch its the old kick rear end alerts and you lock when you win. VS has come back into its stride again but we are deffo feeling the horrible pubbies.
Yup, they showed that stride by winning the Hossin Alert last night when they had a mere 80% of the territory and 60% of the population on the continent when it started. :laugh:

They should probably add a system that puts the alert on the most balanced continent instead of favoring the most ghostcap happy faction (VS most of the day on Emerald it seems) because they'll usually start with an advantage. What's the point if the alert is already over when it starts and the two hours are just a formality to the inevitable outcome? Plus, as an added benefit, they'd almost all be on Indar which would force people to other continents when it was locked.

Or, at the very least, they should reset the continent when the alert starts so everyone has a fair shot if they show up.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The bases on Esamir are way more interesting as a ground pounder than Indar, fuckin lol people saying that continent is for tank spergs :feelsgood:

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Remember when we could hold continent locks for weeks and buzzcutpsycho would start his ops with "VS, tonight your gunna lose that lock" and we would hold it and he would say nerf ZOE?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Ryuga Death posted:

I have the same problem and it's because the red dot is too big and it bounces all over the screen like no holo sight irl ever should.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The dots bounce around like toddlers on meth, but the 3.4x crosshair scope is too zoomed for my taste and the IRNV's reduced range is super annoying.

Why can't there be a 2x version of the 3.4x crosshair scope?

Probably because it would be too good and nobody would use anything else heh

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Remember when we could hold continent locks for weeks and buzzcutpsycho would start his ops with "VS, tonight your gunna lose that lock" and we would hold it and he would say nerf ZOE?

I remember after 2 months they finally broke the lock and BCP was all like "haha suck it down vs" and then we re-locked it maybe 3 hours later and then he quit.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Hopefully continental lattice (whenever that gets finished) brings this feeling back. It was actually pretty awesome coming home to see if VS had lsot their lock yet and the inevitable fight at like 7-8pm at our last 2-4 bases

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Hopefully continental lattice (whenever that gets finished) brings this feeling back. It was actually pretty awesome coming home to see if VS had lsot their lock yet and the inevitable fight at like 7-8pm at our last 2-4 bases

They need more conts they already have to unlock everything because the pop is to high and imagine how hosed up it would be to work hard for that cap then have it all undone because 30 more people logged back on. The entire point is to focus the fights when the pop is so you get wild fluctuations of pop and now the pops are no longer focused.

Make a triangle with indar/amerish/esamir with hossin/searhus in the middle then add battle islands between the 3 home conts. You gotta take over hossin or searhus to attempt an attack on a home cont or you can attempt a push through a battle island.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Cabbit posted:

Most of the people who play this game aren't sky-chariot obsessives or tank assholes, I think, which is why the continent that doesn't punish you for being infantry is popular.

What ? There are almost 0 infantry fights on Indar at any given time. It's all vehicles all the time.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Pand posted:

What ? There are almost 0 infantry fights on Indar at any given time. It's all vehicles all the time.

Well, I don't know what to say. Maybe it's different on Connery? Always seems to be plenty of infantry fighting on Indar when I go there.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
There needs to be an alert for a locked continent where the winner now has to defend its bases. Say the VS lock Indar after an alert with 50 percent of the bases. For the next two hours they can only defend bases but not capture. If they dip below a certain percentage of bases lost, then the cont is unlocked. If they hang onto the bases, they keep it for 24 hours.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I use the 3.4x cross scopes exclusively cause the dot is garbage. Speaking of the crosshair scopes, mine kinda twinkle in and out of existence as I move around, is there a way to fix that?

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Man this patch sucks, I'm constantly crashing to desktop.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Re: Scopes: They're going to go to a new holo scope system for the 1x and 2x reflex (and hopefully the 3.4 dot) sometime Soon(tm). In the mean time you can use something to overlay a centered dot on the screen or use some tape and a sharpie to do the job. Once you find the actual center of the screen (where all the guns shoot) you'll be *amazed* at how off the reflex sights are, they're hot garbage.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Cabbit posted:

Well, I don't know what to say. Maybe it's different on Connery? Always seems to be plenty of infantry fighting on Indar when I go there.
Yeah the problem here is that you play on the shortbus server. Though I gotta say, Waterscrubs makin' Emerald a lot more downs-y :shepface:

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Desideratus posted:

Yeah the problem here is that you play on the shortbus server. Though I gotta say, Waterscrubs makin' Emerald a lot more downs-y :shepface:

He also mains infiltrator, so it's a lot easier to move out of doors un-noticed. I don't have a lot of trouble ganking with vehicles around when I'm buttfiltrating, but I certainly do if I'm eng or medic.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

After much experimentation, the Valkyrie is utterly worthless at combat. However, its pocket transport ability is actually pretty good at relatively stealthily dropping off groups for TACTICAL OPERATIONS.

Specifically, it's really good at quickly and easily establishing missile nests. The improved agility makes it possible to land in places the Galaxy has difficulty with. Earlier today we ran out of cliffs and started establishing missile nests in the big trees on Hossin, which is a tight enough spot to be difficult in a galaxy and is fairly difficult to land on with beacon pods.

What would be cool for this role is a cloaking device that activates when you land or perhaps Deploy the Valkyrie.

What the Valkyrie NEEDS is a drastic nerf to burster explosion damage vs infantry. Like, people have suggested shields etc. but IMO those are a bad idea; if the rumble seaters get sniped or shot by a tank they should die.

It does work alright as a 'tactical transport' to drop men off near good targets mid combat but the vulnerability to Bursters is absurd to the point of unfun.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

o muerte posted:

Re: Scopes: They're going to go to a new holo scope system for the 1x and 2x reflex (and hopefully the 3.4 dot) sometime Soon(tm). In the mean time you can use something to overlay a centered dot on the screen or use some tape and a sharpie to do the job. Once you find the actual center of the screen (where all the guns shoot) you'll be *amazed* at how off the reflex sights are, they're hot garbage.

I run a 2x reflex on everything except my Ghost and Vandal and don't have any trouble hitting things. Maybe it's a fps thing since it effects hit detection? I did try to do the Mumble overlay so I could stay in third-person when driving a tank but couldn't get it to work.

Typing of hit-detection, I went to one of the 96+ fights today with my dual Mutilator lockdown MAX and it was just silly. I stood at the end of a hall leading to the point room and just murdered everything that walked through the door. They were dead almost before I noticed they had stepped in front of the door. I was in a sweet spot that grenades couldn't reach me if thrown from outside, a few people got off blind rocket shots but between flak armor and the two Engineers glued to my rear end they may as well have been using pistols.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So. A very weird bug happened to me. I'm just assaulting a base in a max and die, get revived, notice a tank terminal nearby and wonder if I can just dump the suit and hop in. First thing I noticed was that it turned the right side of my screen where the 3d model and outfit stuff white and displayed reaver options over the white. There are no options on the left, but it had the usual blue background. Thinking this was just my computer not loading cause it was a big fight, I exit out to go back in. I do this like 2 times and give up, then back away and notice something strange.

I'm now a gangsta LA in a max suit.

I shoot my gun like a normal LA, reloading animation was the usual max's fist twist.

Apparently, I'm also able to be healed by medics. I didn't notice this at the time cause I was gushing like a fool in mumble about what was happening, bugs don't happen to me often.

Now, I thought this was a simple visual glitch, and everyone else had redeployed to elsewhere to try to stop the VS by now so I don't know if anyone saw me.

However, the biggest part came when I ran out to die to the wall of TR. I move like an LA. I can aim down sights, turning my crosshairs into a tiny little X and zooming in. Also, I'm apparently still using my kinetic armor cause I took down 5 TR while they were firing at me, my dual bars lowering like I was still in the max suit. This a common thing?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Broose posted:

So. A very weird bug happened to me. I'm just assaulting a base in a max and die, get revived, notice a tank terminal nearby and wonder if I can just dump the suit and hop in. First thing I noticed was that it turned the right side of my screen where the 3d model and outfit stuff white and displayed reaver options over the white. There are no options on the left, but it had the usual blue background. Thinking this was just my computer not loading cause it was a big fight, I exit out to go back in. I do this like 2 times and give up, then back away and notice something strange.

I shoot my gun like a normal LA, reloading animation was the usual max's fist twist.

Apparently, I'm also able to be healed by medics. I didn't notice this at the time cause I was gushing like a fool in mumble about what was happening, bugs don't happen to me often.

Now, I thought this was a simple visual glitch, and everyone else had redeployed to elsewhere to try to stop the VS by now so I don't know if anyone saw me.

However, the biggest part came when I ran out to die to the wall of TR. I move like an LA. I can aim down sights, turning my crosshairs into a tiny little X and zooming in. Also, I'm apparently still using my kinetic armor cause I took down 5 TR while they were firing at me, my dual bars lowering like I was still in the max suit. This a common thing?

It (or at least similar things (like other classes getting MAX health)) happened quite a bit when the game first came out, and another goon has reported something similar after the recent few patches.

Fits with the theme of SOE digging up old bugs again.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Broose posted:

Haha, yeah that was pretty great hearing you describe being the world's toughest X11 monster. Could you jetpack?

I've gotten the bug before and it was fun being a jetpacking MAX, but I don't think I was ever actually more durable.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Broose posted:

This very thing happend to me a few days back

Also today this happened to me

I was ping ponged into the pit and lived. Unfortunately I couldn't drop a beacon, I assume it may be because of the pipes above.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Someone was saying tonight in GOKU mumble that these bugs are happening again because SOE pushed out a version of the client that is half a year old.

quote:

I was ping ponged into the pit and lived. Unfortunately I couldn't drop a beacon, I assume it may be because of the pipes above.

Reminds me of when the game first came out and someone showed a video of them being stuck in some hole with a shield above them. "NEED SOME HELP HERE!"

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I don't know if I was able to jetpack, didn't try. Found when it happened on my killboard. I made a mistake, I only killed 3 while a bunch of others were firing at me. But it definitely took them a while to whittle me down, enough to get a reload in. I would've been dead instantly otherwise.

Leal posted:

This very thing happend to me a few days back

Also today this happened to me

Hmm. I don't think I was a LA when I was revived. But maybe I just didn't notice until after the terminal glitching out as well.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Desideratus posted:

o muerte posted:

He also mains infiltrator, so it's a lot easier to move out of doors un-noticed. I don't have a lot of trouble ganking with vehicles around when I'm buttfiltrating, but I certainly do if I'm eng or medic.

I can't believe transfers are still not an option. The only high level (read: stalker cloak/mines/nanoweave certed up) guy I've got on Emerald is TR, which means I get a double barrel blast of goons to the face whenever I try to play on there with nothing but Waterson idiots and Mattherson mil-spec knobs to back me up.

It's a bad situation.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Launch Waterson Vanu would hold Indar locks with 20% of the pop. We were all once legends, VS.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Manslaughter posted:

Someone was saying tonight in GOKU mumble that these bugs are happening again because SOE pushed out a version of the client that is half a year old.

Their producer said it was because they integrated the PS4 and PC stuff this patch.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2f2kay/issues_after_the_august_update/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 1
Daily sale: India Scrub Camo
Members sale: Amerish Brush Camo

• Locked thread