Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

FuturePastNow posted:

There was a Gorn doff named poo poo, but they actually edited it to Xhit.

There's still lots of [poo poo] out there, even one on the exchange today.

My favorite doff is [Shitathon], i always buy them from people when i find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I've got Brian Mohammad Glasscock.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

286 stacks of crystalline doom. It would've been more but apparently I had STO set to take screenshots without the UI so I had to grab this one from the windows clipboard. :smith:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Frankenstyle posted:

I want a piece of that action. I came out of a fleet of hermit grinders that were no help with anything. So this is with a build I sorted out through a lot of expensive trial and error. I didn't really get the Dual beam builds before I got Wiki access the other day. I'm kind of self conscious about playing with people in Dental who have a clue, since I don't know how bad I suck.

I have managed to pull off 19K DPS with this build (Once). It tends to run mostly between 10 and 15. This is just the last game I played while half asleep, and I cleaned out the log file so it's the only one I have to show.

Oh, for context...

The general public sucks at 5AM even compared to me.
You're fine, just play with us. Honestly you out-dps a lot of the goons that I've been STFing with lately.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

g0del posted:

You're fine, just play with us. Honestly you out-dps a lot of the goons that I've been STFing with lately.

Even if you can't, it's not like it matters. Our backs are strong and we will show people by carrying them.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Please don't let this get into pubbie hands, but I think we can firmly tie Xtern1ty and Dental together.

Also, if you see Gummo, please thank him. Due to his generosity, the Xtern1ty starbase now has TRIBBLES.

EDIT: Additionally: thanks again, Gummo (or should I say Dental Charity Hologram).

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 1, 2014

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

DPS parses on CC will be rather low due to its high energy resists.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

Please don't let this get into pubbie hands, but I think we can firmly tie Xtern1ty and Dental together.

Also, if you see Gummo, please thank him. Due to his generosity, the Xtern1ty starbase now has TRIBBLES.

EDIT: Additionally: thanks again, Gummo (or should I say Dental Charity Hologram).

http://pastebin.com/teLqvEGz

Logged this to add to the ongoing peace mission to help Xtern1ty.

I truely hope Xean sees this as the olive branch it is, without burning the bridges and fueling the flames.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 1, 2014

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

He should remove that r he accidentally typed in when he named the spire.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

Oh that is just marvellous!

Starbase Command of course supports the initiative to help space poors trapped in the quagmire of a poverty fleet.

http://pastebin.com/LvYRVEie

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

I'm truly curious about this.

BreakingDolphins
Sep 20, 2012
I played this game in the closed beta many years ago, is the game generally improved or did it get worse? I consider to play this again

EDIT:

Just checked out the website should I play on ARC or perfectworld?

BreakingDolphins fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 1, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

BreakingDolphins posted:

I played this game in the closed beta many years ago, is the game generally improved or did it get worse? I consider to play this again

EDIT:

Just checked out the website should I play on ARC or perfectworld?

Neither, get it on Steam. Also it got better for a while now they seem to want to kill it off by increasing grind, devaluing farmed stuff, a horrible crafting system and soon the expansion that may or may not gently caress some people over completely.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Good old "Made ya look!" jokes still work.

Star Trek Online 10/10 entertainment rating

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Morglon posted:

Neither, get it on Steam. Also it got better for a while now they seem to want to kill it off by increasing grind, devaluing farmed stuff, a horrible crafting system and soon the expansion that may or may not gently caress some people over completely.

The new crafting system isn't that bad once you get used to it. It's unobtrusive, it removed the crafting mats from the main inventory and it has an improved version of that overpowered rifle that was only available to collector's edition buyers.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Following the Great Dental Charity drive, Xean has been nothing but ungrateful. Here is a very public meltdown on ESD.

quote:

[Zone #27] McAllen@Hawk.: I think me and Xean should go have brunch and let you guys gently caress yourselves.

quote:

[Zone] Xean@xtern1ty: A dev needs to step in, seriously. I think Trendy needs to put Nbreeki and his gang of troulemakers on ice, because if this continues, every day will be a war zone in game with this bullying

quote:

[Zone] Xean@xtern1ty: you take your dil and shove it your rear end boy, that's my answer to jerks like you

Link: http://pastebin.com/TiMCsG2D

Don't forget to look for cameos by our friends LAKE and FREYA (Kinsha).

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Morglon posted:

I'm confused about this "may or may not gently caress some people over completely" bit. What are you talking about?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Do you have to claim that Ambassador refit on every char?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

kafziel posted:

I'm confused about this "may or may not gently caress some people over completely" bit. What are you talking about?
They may introduce a new system which will temporarily unbalance the dark financial powers of our Wesley overlords. Dunno. Could happen. I expect it would take a quarter, tops, for total control to resume.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Acer Pilot posted:

Do you have to claim that Ambassador refit on every char?
In theory, nah it's supposed to be an account unlock. In practice, who knows if Cryptic hosed it up.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
Am I correct in assuming that mail sent to char@account can be picked up by any @account character?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

CrushedWill posted:

Am I correct in assuming that mail sent to char@account can be picked up by any @account character?

yup

exception is if a certain character's inbox is full, the mail icon will blink but the new mail wont show up in that toon's window.

you can delete old mail to fix it though

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

DonDoodles posted:

Following the Great Dental Charity drive, Xean has been nothing but ungrateful. Here is a very public meltdown on ESD.

Link: http://pastebin.com/TiMCsG2D

Don't forget to look for cameos by our friends LAKE and FREYA (Kinsha).

Great stuff, thanks for the log.

Haha, "ON ICE"! Also, that Hawk guy is one colossal piece of poo poo. He is always running his stupid cocksucker on ESD whenever I go there about something. I've trolled him a few times into spit-flecked rage.

How fitting he would have his lips firmly planted around Xean's O ring.

Lake posted:

Lake@lake1771: xean you are a leader, as am i
Lake@lake1771: these people are only followers
Lake@lake1771: and they're butt hurts because of that

You're a leader, Harry!

Also, what is that Sainted Saint Olivia's deal? She is as worthless as Xean is, those two should make abortions. She wears as big of a self righteous cross as he does. I've seen it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Saint Olivia is the patron saint of the space poor. He gives away lots of vendor trash every day to the vermin on esd, who love him for it.

Has a website too: http://stolivia.com/

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

hakimashou posted:

Saint Olivia is the patron saint of the space poor. He gives away lots of vendor trash every day to the vermin on esd, who love him for it.

Has a website too: http://stolivia.com/

I feel stupider for having clicked that link. By Grabthar's Hammer, what a website.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, is Lake into Amway or something?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

kafziel posted:

Well I'm troubled by the fact that they're aiming to adopt more of the bullshit aspects of Neverwinter so the new systems could be made to be insanely grindy or just take a long rear end time to update your poo poo or get new poo poo unless you have a lot of money to burn.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it's not really a question that item upgrading will be a tedious grindy dil sink. If anything, having ship upgrading being a flat zen cost is almost a blessing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Morglon posted:

Well I'm troubled by the fact that they're aiming to adopt more of the bullshit aspects of Neverwinter so the new systems could be made to be insanely grindy or just take a long rear end time to update your poo poo or get new poo poo unless you have a lot of money to burn.

Except you could run two crafting research task from the same discipline unlike in sto. Or so I recall being said here before.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I like the crafting system a lot to be honest. during the crafting weekend i spent i think 750k dil finishing fast tracking torpedos to lv 15.

I've crafted 4 of the unique torps a day since then, and am about a third of the way between lv 19 and lv 20 on it. I get URs about 40% of the time using green catalysts, and make between 20-30m profit each time a UR is made, and either break even or profit a mil or two on every VR. Today's batch is 3 URs and 1 VR, so looking at 60m+ profit just for today's crafting. I think the dil I sunk into fast tracking it was worth about 150m if exchanged for zen and sold for ec.

It has been very sustainable, has been a great investment and a good profit engine during the times of turmoil accompanying the Door Rising announcement.

I dont know if it would be sustainable in other crafting schools, but from the competition on the exchange for the unique torps, i have trouble believing more than 2 other people craft torps on a regular basis.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
I'm doing ok with TR rifles myself, but there's maybe 3 people that'll churn out batches of 5 rifles trying for UR and just undercut each other to hell.

A lot of the other schools look like a wash.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

FrostyJones posted:

I'm doing ok with TR rifles myself, but there's maybe 3 people that'll churn out batches of 5 rifles trying for UR and just undercut each other to hell.

A lot of the other schools look like a wash.

Speaking of TR rifles, I (@reekaro) saw your PM earlier in my XMPP client but I wasn't logged in. Do you normally mail the finished TRs or trade them face to face?

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

CrushedWill posted:

Speaking of TR rifles, I (@reekaro) saw your PM earlier in my XMPP client but I wasn't logged in. Do you normally mail the finished TRs or trade them face to face?

I'll mail it to you in the morning if it's done before I head out for the day. Else I will mail it when I get home around 10-10:30pm PDT.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

FrostyJones" ="434331186 posted:

I'll mail it to you in the morning if it's done before I head out for the day. Else I will mail it when I get home around 10-10:30pm PDT.

No worries, I just assumed it was done already given you shared the specs. Whatever works :)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CrushedWill posted:

No worries, I just assumed it was done already given you shared the specs. Whatever works :)

The dice for crafting are rolled before the item completes (I guess as an incentive for you to spend dil to hurry it up?).

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Tunicate posted:

The dice for crafting are rolled before the item completes (I guess as an incentive for you to spend dil to hurry it up?).

I guess that is as typical as anything else in STO. Thanks for the info, it all makes sense now.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So the goon channel chat got talking about Plasmonic Leech a bit ago. On a whim I got 5 Tal Shiar boxes (had 5 keys stashed). Got 4 Doff packs... and a loving Plasmonic Leech box. :stonkhat: :wtc:

Now I'm torn on whether to keep it for an alt or cash it out to make up for the fact that Voth Bastion boxes have dropped 25M in the last week, as I'm trying to get a Recluse.

Oh yeah FrostyJones, I have all the bits for a TR gun made up. Just need to get them to you at some point. Also, can you make any other Lv 15 items ? I'd love to get a Sci and Engy console at some point.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Here's a fun chatlog of Xean whining about mean dentals and his secret plan to fight back.

http://pastebin.com/Lc49LcVv

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MREBoy posted:

Oh yeah FrostyJones, I have all the bits for a TR gun made up. Just need to get them to you at some point. Also, can you make any other Lv 15 items ? I'd love to get a Sci and Engy console at some point.

I can do the sci console, material list is a few pages back in one of my posts. I am on holiday on a lovely laptop in Singapore at the moment though so I'm not on as much right now, but should be back to my cheerful British self in about a week. That being said if you mail me the mats I can probably churn one out but it'll take around a day from when I pick stuff up to get it cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone having trouble chatting after a pubbie power trips and mutes you in their snowflake channel, check this page out.

• Locked thread