Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Woah, there, slugger. Grease and a pan? Um, tell me how to do this with what normal people have on hand: paper plates, leftover sporks from KFC, and ketchup packets.

Shred some paper plates and mix them with ketchup into a paste. Shape the paste until vaguely concave, making a pan. Use the rest of your plates to build a fire(light it by reflecting sunlight off the spork). Cook eggs and experience a fleeting sense of accomplishment.

Ps: left over ketchup packs can be made into stylish earrings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

1stGear posted:

I would guess its more a presentation thing. The little bacon-holders look neater than just bacon and eggs on a plate.

Though that still moves it out of lifehack territory and into "Are you a professional cook" territory.

I used to bake scrambled eggs in muffin tins. Then I could eat it in the car if I didn't have time for a real breakfast at home. But the bacon egg cups would be so small and greasy I can't see that working.

HoBeau
Jan 17, 2008
La Beauté du Sinistré

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

This one is actually really helpful if you have lots of open bottles of wine.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

kazil posted:

This one is actually really helpful if you have lots of open bottles of wine and unused buttplugs.

Fixed...

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Geoj posted:

Fixed...

:thejoke:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Geoj posted:

Fixed...

Ahem, you will notice that the lifehack just says clean, doesn't specified used or not.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
The kind in the picture can't be cleaned & they'll weep chemicals.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

1stGear posted:

I would guess its more a presentation thing. The little bacon-holders look neater than just bacon and eggs on a plate.

Though that still moves it out of lifehack territory and into "Are you a professional cook" territory.

not necessarily: https://www.buyperfectbacon.com/

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Here is a classic life hack that makes shaving much cheaper:
http://youtu.be/O7HcSsKSPw8

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

kazil posted:

Ahem, you will notice that the lifehack just says clean, doesn't specified used or not.

Best part is that someone who would listen to that picture might be stupid/drunk enough to think of the wrong definition of clean

"I just had my std check last month, so I know for sure I'm clean. Good thing alcohol is an antiseptic, I won't even need to rinse this off!" :barf:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

tonberrytoby posted:

Here is a classic life hack that makes shaving much cheaper:
http://youtu.be/O7HcSsKSPw8

Save money on shaving by using a prison shank.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

A true lifehack would be to stick the open bottle up your rear end, thus preserving the wine and plugging yo butt.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Hummingbirds posted:

You're supposed to add a little vinegar to egg poaching water, right? I never knew that was why. Presumably it helps them to not break.

It doesn't help them not to break, it's so that if they break, the egg white will stiffen faster so it doesn't spread over the whole pot. Works really well, too.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Apparently there are loads of very dumb life hacks that use sex toys in very sad un-sexy ways:

Saddest use of nipple clamps:

The worst orange juice ever:

This one is called "Penis Extender Chair Protectors":

And this one is really handy (or should I say fisty?):

There are loads more out there, including a giant dildo lamp base. (Goes without saying, most are NSFW, if you go Googling for them.)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I don't think those are meant to be taken seriously, though. (Butt plug juicer is loving hilarious)

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

If your sex toys are cheaper than basic kitchen gadgets, you probably shouldn't be using them with food or inside your body. I think I have heard of semi useful cases of unlubricated condoms being used for cheap water proofing (microphone next to the ocean) and special effects (fake blood inside a condom to make a dummy look more like a real person getting stabbed).

EDIT: The true lifehack is turning dollar store kitchen tools into ill advised sex toys.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

TVarmy posted:

EDIT: The true lifehack is turning dollar store kitchen tools into ill advised sex toys.

"Lifehack: Got a motorised hand-whisk and and some frozen corn-dogs? You don't need that expensive Rabbit after all!"

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Karma Monkey posted:

Apparently there are loads of very dumb life hacks that use sex toys in very sad un-sexy ways:

This one is called "Penis Extender Chair Protectors":

I like to imagine this was made by a guy who, after discovering that rubber dick extenders are not cumulative, tried to find an alternate use for them.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

TVarmy posted:

If your sex toys are cheaper than basic kitchen gadgets, you probably shouldn't be using them with food or inside your body. I think I have heard of semi useful cases of unlubricated condoms being used for cheap water proofing (microphone next to the ocean) and special effects (fake blood inside a condom to make a dummy look more like a real person getting stabbed).

True lifehacks: unlubricated condoms are good for covering rifle barrels to keep dust and water out, they also make good makeshift water carriers in case of emergency.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can also put them on your penis and use them during sex as a catcher for all your wayward sperm, which you can then easily deposit in a rubber/latex-safe container afterward! #lifehack

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Want to make a quick dinner, but you don't have any chicken? Put some feathers on up your rear end and drink until you black out. When you wake up, you'll be all like "what the gently caress? did I eat a chicken"?

The answer is "maybe".

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

CJacobs posted:

You can also put them on your penis and use them during sex as a catcher for all your wayward sperm, which you can then easily deposit in a rubber/latex-safe container afterward! #lifehack

Surely you mean plastic bags with a rubber band?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kuiperdolin posted:

Out of condoms? Wrap your dick in aluminum foil. The foil's pointy texture will add an extra dimension of eroticism to your sex life!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

Out of condoms? Wrap your dick in aluminum foil. The foil's pointy texture will add an extra dimension of eroticism to your sex life!
There's an old urban legend lifehack about using a Doritos bag as an impromptu condom, inspiring this fan-made commercial that supposedly was submitted to the Doritos Super Bowl contest. :happened:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Throatwarbler posted:

You gave your friend a frozen bag of delivery ketchup and soy sauce packets when she got married?

They weren't frozen, but yes. This was after I made a Facebook post about how I was turning into my mother with a picture of the baggie full of packets. My friend and I were joking in the comments about this being her wedding gift, so when she got married I wrapped it up nicely and included a note about getting their household off to a good start. Their real gift was a contribution to their honeymoon.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Hirayuki posted:

There's an old urban legend lifehack about using a Doritos bag as an impromptu condom, inspiring this fan-made commercial that supposedly was submitted to the Doritos Super Bowl contest. :happened:

No, man, this poorly-produced, unfunny amateur video project was totally BANNED by the NFL. My uncle works for them and he was there the day the NFL President saw it. They were in a crowded boardroom, looking at all the commercials they were going to air when this one came up. When it was over, he started laughing, and so did everyone else. When the laughter died down, he said "who put this on the TV just now?" and this guy said "me, sir," and President NFL said "you're fired" and the guy immediately ran and jumped out the boardroom window and landed on Mike Ditka's car. President NFL looked out the window at the dead body on Ditka's car and said "looks like the chips are down," which is the origin of that phrase.

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Sep 1, 2014

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Hirayuki posted:

Where's the video that explains how "Doritos JACKED" got their name? :mmmhmm:

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

Kuiperdolin posted:

Surgical gloves, five use condoms, just tie off the fingers as you use them.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

Aggressive pricing posted:

I can give that idea a thumbs up

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
It's really comfy too. Fits like a glove.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Aggressive pricing posted:

Five used condoms, surgical gloves, just slip one on each finger

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

MorphineMike posted:

I can give that idea a thumb up

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp

GLUE YOUR FACE #LIFEHACK

*balances flaming candle on its end on carpet*

Storm coming? Power go out? Don't splurge on a flashlight and batteries, just stash crayons around the house! #BonusHack Buy Crayola not those lovely RoseArt ones

I wanna imagine a goon walking into a cave clutching a lit crayon like it's a torch.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
gently caress a crayon where's the cheetos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFtmUyJAPZI

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lifehack: Buy candles at the dollar store. They're like a dollar for a pack of 8

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Away all Goats posted:

Lifehack: Buy candles at the dollar store. They're like a dollar for a pack of 8

21st century lifehack: go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of LED lights (you can even get ones shaped like candles). They're cheap, bright as gently caress and the batteries last forever so when your power goes out you don't have to gently caress around with candles like a caveman.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lifehack: Need a candle? Burn your dried dung like the animal you are.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Robot Jelly posted:

GLUE YOUR FACE #LIFEHACK

Ha! I did that once at halloween. Mix watercolours or makeup with white glue, smear it on your visible skin. You get dry, flakey peeling horror skin. Great for zombies. Washes off easily in the shower.

As for skin care, you can get peel off facial mask for not a hell of a lot more than glue, so I'm not sure why you would do that. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/feeling-beautiful-cucumber-facial-peel-off-mask/6000074646989

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

As for skin care, you can get peel off facial mask for not a hell of a lot more than glue, so I'm not sure why you would do that. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/feeling-beautiful-cucumber-facial-peel-off-mask/6000074646989

They mean more like the Biore nose strips that remove blackheads. It also doesn't work at that well. I tried it once when I was out of the strips, and didn't feel like picking up more.