Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Aardmania posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

There's a bukkake joke hidden here somewhere, but I can't imagine where...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Simian_Prime posted:

There's a bukkake joke hidden here somewhere, but I can't imagine where...

Hiding in plain sight!

Cul-de-sac Presented alone because god drat that is a beautiful drawing.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Haven't had time to post for the past few days, so I'll be playing catch up here.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Four Eyes

What, and dogs can't be middle aged divorcees?

Oh, Brother

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

Ha! It's crazy how different that nerds are, from people who like sports! Just absolutely wacky. I could make jokes about the fact that they are different all day. I wouldn't even need to go into How or Why, just pointing out that they are Different alone is enough to send me up a roller-coaster ride of comedy!

Nerds' hatred of sports is one of those things that drive me up the wall, because it's a one-two punch of "I personally don't like this, therefore it has no value whatsoever" and "I cannot understand someone liking things I don't".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

What, still this story? Oh well. This face almost makes it worth it:

Rex Morgan MD

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Goooooooooood Morning!

How about some belabored day comix?

Cul-de-sac heads to vacation!

The Creeps seems awfully familiar, did we see this one already?

Heathcliff ain't that a hole in the boat?

Poptropica do they even have those anymore?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Intelligent Life

Big Nate

Francis

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Intelligent Life

Maybe you should've tried finding it before writing the strip you fuckasdjckasdglndsafngdfndsf

Fingerpori

- The air here is terribly stuffy! Ventilate!!

Tuulettaa means "to air/ventilate" e.g. a room, but also to... do that cheering/victory pose thing with your hands up in the air. I can't remember what the English term is, I'm just drawing a blank. Google isn't helping either.

Fok_It

:frog:

By the way the Finnish term for dick here is slightly less explicit but whatever

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Let's rock this US Labor Day off with a little Jane's World...

Well now, this could be interesting.

Non Sequitur

Thanks for that happiness deflation, Wiley.

Heavenly Nostrils

Welp, there's your explanation for the repeats. I really hope it's a color, animated short or something.

Kliban

:stare:

9 Chickweed Lane 9/1/2003

Because she's a loving ballerina, Einstein?

Zits

I never really outgrew this.

Kevin & Kell

Litterbox. A sandbox is where your kid plays. And, I guess, quite possibly shits, too.

:v:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's Labour Day! That means you have one last day to wring whatever you can out of summer, so don't screw it up! Me, I'm kicking back with a beer and posting Summer Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Somebody stole your patio door, duder.

Ballard Street

Was doing this yesterday, but with a super soaker. It didn't work very well as a means of propulsion, but the dog went nuts trying to bite the stream.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I still love Ballard Street and its whole "welp, I drew this thing, now what the gently caress is going on?" vibe.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears remembers the other character.

The Dinette Set is almost too sexy.

:barf:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Making It

Mandrake the Magician (1942-05-17)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

tiistai posted:

Maybe you should've tried finding it before writing the strip you fuckasdjckasdglndsafngdfndsf

Fingerpori

- The air here is terribly stuffy! Ventilate!!

Tuulettaa means "to air/ventilate" e.g. a room, but also to... do that cheering/victory pose thing with your hands up in the air. I can't remember what the English term is, I'm just drawing a blank. Google isn't helping either.

"We need a fan!" would also work.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones Looks at Golf (MAD #425, January 2003)

Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy (MAD #291, December 1989)

The Lighter Side of...

Don Martin Dept. (MAD #46, April 1959)

Don Martin's early cartoons were -really- dark.

Hey Look!

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Classic Funky

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Yes, you are dumb. And your parents are awful.

EDIT:
No seriously what hosed up person are you that you'd let your own child blow off Yale and go to a foreign country with her loser boyfriend knowing full well that she's doing so based on lies and misinformation?

what in the gently caress :psyduck:

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 1, 2014

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
In honor of America's non-Commie version of Labor Day, I'm busting my hump on chores, which means this is the short version of the early installment.

Peanuts: And speaking of doing things which provoke dizziness, here's Linus without his blanket again! (September 4, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean: And speaking of provoking heart attacks, here's Holly handling another rare comic book without bags, boards, or slabs!

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Holy crap, have we ever seen Rip's eyes when he wasn't in a state of panic?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Oh, Brother

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

This actually happened to me a few times. It sucks when you're finished with your snack before the movie begins.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

It really irks me when people use a quote from a character and attribute it to the actor.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

CaptainCaveman posted:

It really irks me when people use a quote from a character and attribute it to the actor.

This one's especially bad because when you connect it into reality, Robin Williams didn't exactly feel that way. At all.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Thanks to Darrin Bell for making everyone else's tribute look better in comparison.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Thanks to Darrin Bell for making everyone else's tribute look better in comparison.

The Zen Pencils tribute is worse IMO. It's lazier and also has the 'Robin beat the depression monster' thing.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Agreed that she won't need a book bag for the first day, but she better have one around somewhere for when she works out which instructors actually expect you to read/bring/ever open the book. Also, "Miss DeGroot." loving freshman. :rolleyes:

Apartment 3-G

STOP loving TALKING!!

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Pete's looking kind of tired of life. :(

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

CaptainCaveman posted:

I'm sorry, but Robin would have laughed.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Pete's looking kind of tired of life. :(

1. Bang my hot wife.

OR

2. Go fight cyborg Elton John to the death in some lovely warehouse with nuclear material everywhere and probably get another brick to the noggin.

:spidey:+:sigh:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Shugojin posted:

This one's especially bad because when you connect it into reality, Robin Williams didn't exactly feel that way. At all.

And Jack was one of the shittier feel-good movies Robin Williams made. Gilchrist must've been too busy drawing Fritzi's tits and congratulating himself on working cheesecake into a celebrity death tribute to think about pfiffling things as words and an actual message.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

STOP loving TALKING!!

How does the background change so much in between panels? Have they finally reached such a refined level of boring that they're warping reality?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Mehuyael posted:

The Zen Pencils tribute is worse IMO. It's lazier and also has the 'Robin beat the depression monster' thing.
Worse, he beat the depression monster by killing himself. Or, at best, he beat the depression monster and in the process killed himself. That's not a lesson we want anybody learning from their comics.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dordreff posted:

How does the background change so much in between panels? Have they finally reached such a refined level of boring that they're warping reality?

Bolle remembered the 180-degree rule, but only partly.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

darthbob88 posted:

Worse, he beat the depression monster by killing himself. Or, at best, he beat the depression monster and in the process killed himself. That's not a lesson we want anybody learning from their comics.

Zen Pencils pretty much exists as a series of lessons no one should learn from.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Zen Pencils pretty much exists as a series of lessons no one should learn from.

Didn't Zen Pencils do a Bill Watterson quote in a way that shows the artist wasn't actually paying attention to what the quote said?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That's every Zen Pencils quote strip, so almost assuredly yes.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

dordreff posted:

Apartment 3-G is like the Shot-Reverse Shot deal the Star Wars prequels were filmed where you just have 2 cameras, one on each character, and you just keep swapping back and forth. Except you don't have over the shoulder in this case because then you couldn't see their slowly melting faces.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Perfect.

I don't even know anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Skippy (June 13, 1927)

Out Our Way (July 31-August 1, 1925)

Pogo (September 3, 1956)

Peanuts: Year One (April 12-14, 1951)

• Locked thread