Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

still not sure who gamers are. no one calls themselves gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

straight jerkers posted:

Strawmen.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
How the gently caress do these dipshits get any work done

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

they don't

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
How did this thread get to be 300+ pages long?

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
that's not what that is, dog

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

this is their job

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

What I want to know is how do they live like this? Are they just spoiled brats with rich parents? How do you move to one of the most expensive cities in the world, sit on your rear end and still make a drat decent living?

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

rizuhbull posted:

What I want to know is how do they live like this? Are they just spoiled brats with rich parents? How do you move to one of the most expensive cities in the world, sit on your rear end and still make a drat decent living?

patreon

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Holy poo poo. This is the Maya Kramer PR person's Twitter. Look at the date:

https://twitter.com/legobutts/status/501855043612848128

What conspiracy? You're crazy.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ponce de Le0n posted:

How did this thread get to be 300+ pages long?

Like the fat thread stupid repetitive jokes about stereotypes concealed by self loathing.

Unlike the fat thread, those repetitive stereotypical jokes and stereotypes end up being real and acting like cartoon characters occasionally.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

rizuhbull posted:

zoe quinn gets almost 3k monthly from patreon to do nothing, because of this poo poo
she claims she's donating the money to charity but theres no way

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

natetimm posted:

Because the majority of the blogosphere is one giant loving echo chamber that will not tolerate countering opinions and the lovely SJW culture has been allowed to fester and spread as a result.
Yes because clearly reddit and 4chan (and hostgator?) are all part of this lovely SJW culture that is silencing dissent and deleting posts.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
i was once asked by a guy in the street touting some dvd/streaming bullshit if i was a gamer. i remember feeling momentarily angry at what felt like a cruel and snide accusation

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

rizuhbull posted:

the journos or the devs?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I'm Crap posted:

that's not what that is, dog

beats international feminazionist conspiracy for plausibility tho

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

rizuhbull posted:

folk with middle class parents and no real problems are the ones most active on tumblr and in journalism

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this is their job

I am a Games "Journalism" Journalist and my medium of choice is the general forum of a defunct pay-to-post forums website that few people outside of its active users even pay attention to anymore. I get payed by the page.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

rizuhbull posted:

Being part of the second tech bubble that's going to burst here, soon.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this is their job

*Whole livelihood based on covering games, writing about and playing them every day*

"Ugh why do you NERDS care so much about games?!"

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

straight jerkers posted:

the first result in a gis for gamer links to this article
http://www.6aming.com/breaking-mould-stereotyping-gamer/

quote:

Gaming is such a big part of a gamer’s life; it’s almost a lifestyle choice as you dedicate hours upon hours every week to the thing we love. People assume we have no social life but this is completely wrong with the plethora of social games today and more multiplayer games than I will to shake a stick at, people cannot call gamers anti-social as they are on average communicating with more people than the average person and these people are all from around the world with different experience, knowledge and ways of life but one thing bring them all together and unites them, games.

quote:

The majority of gamers I have met in my life time are extremely smart and ambitious and usually achieve throughout their lifetime.

quote:

Gamers usually have a large group of friends and even if their idea of a good Friday night in is playing an RPG with a group of friends and a couple of beers till 4 in the morning, who is anyone to tell them that this is wrong and that they should be out on the town and in the clubs?

so yeah nobody except this retard and millions of people like him

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Machai posted:

I am a Games "Journalism" Journalist and my medium of choice is the general forum of a defunct pay-to-post forums website that few people outside of its active users even pay attention to anymore. I get payed by the page.

same

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

zoe quinn gets almost 3k monthly from patreon to do nothing, because of this poo poo
she claims she's donating the money to charity but theres no way
And before patreon? What did Quinn do then? She's made a couple of lovely free flash games. Does she have a day job?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

rizuhbull posted:

If there's two things the tech sector isn't short on, it's money and naivete.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

rizuhbull posted:

And before patreon? What did Quinn do then? She's made a couple of lovely free flash games. Does she have a day job?

she knew people in the industry, and they gave her money for no reason

*posts pic of her tweet where she said she was mugged and lost her rent money, and had like 5 replies saying they'd donate to her*

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

rizuhbull posted:

hooker

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

i wish i was a hooker
2nd male prostitute @ the bunny ranch

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

THE PENETRATOR posted:

*posts pic of her tweet where she said she was mugged and lost her rent money, and had like 5 replies saying they'd donate to her*

who the gently caress pays their rent in cash, let alone carry it all on them

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

rizuhbull posted:

Does she have a day job?

loving her way to the top.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

rizuhbull posted:

she was a security guard at some lovely college, and whenever she references it she tries to imply that she used to be a cop

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Xachariah posted:

beats international feminazionist conspiracy for plausibility tho
you don't have to believe in cadres of sjws meeting in darkened rooms to realise that all of these people live and work in a tiny incestuous little echo-chamber with no-one but themselves for company, and they're all coming up with the same self-defeating asinine basura thoughts at exactly the same time

it happens in other lines of work too, but this "writing about indie games" business only supports about a dozen people and they ALL know each other, so it's very noticeable

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

you dont unnecessarily walk around with all your money on you?

heh, weirdo

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

XK posted:

Holy poo poo. This is the Maya Kramer PR person's Twitter. Look at the date:

https://twitter.com/legobutts/status/501855043612848128

What conspiracy? You're crazy.
You know she's going to charge a premium on those.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Clitch posted:

If there's one thing the tech sector isn't short on, it's money and naivete.
Sounds like a sweet gig.

poptart_fairy posted:

psst, she lied about being robbed.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

people born during/right before the Great Depression? although I guess they dont have to carry it very far to get from mattress to landlord

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Spanish Manlove posted:

shut up you dumb nerd fucktard

what's the dealio?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Machai posted:

people born during/right before the Great Depression? although I guess they dont have to carry it very far to get from mattress to landlord

maybe she got mugged by her landlord?

*fake phone thing* hello, cleaners? gonna need everyone you got I just blew some minds here

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
ah poo poo this guy just came to my door and took all my loving money how am i gonna pay rent next month

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i just paid rent and there was a $30 service fee for the online system wow cool pls donate so i dont have to deal w this poo poo

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

rizuhbull posted:

psst, she lied about being robbed.

well yeah, but why the hell would anyone believe that

tits, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

poptart_fairy posted: