Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i dont carry more than 20 bux in my wallet and right now i dont have even $1

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

rizuhbull posted:

What tits?

i assume heterosexual dudes and lesbians are classing anything with nipples on them as breasts in this context

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

rainy day posted:

the giant bomb guys are best buds with harmonix and no one gives a poo poo. People at Kotaku and The Escapist go to parties hosted by EA and get free, one-of-a-kind videogame swag and no one gives a poo poo. Some dumb indie game devs may have had sex with some other indie game devs and the internet collectively shits itsself.
Eh some people do care about giant bomb and Harmonix and the whole building the bastion thing but overall it was never a big deal because at least they are upfront about it.

I'd say the two big factors that this blew up as big as it did were

1. The internet aristocrat video is slick loving conspiracy catnip - it's like Loose Change only it happened to hook Adam Baldwin instead of Charlie Sheen - to credulous internet assholes who have a lot of repressed anger over tropes vs women and gone home and finally found a new place to direct it...

2. All the thread deletions on 4chan and reddit over doxxing and even potential doxxing convinced the same crowd that the giant feminist frequency/gone homo/sjw conspiracy had finally reached their bastions of... uh... safety and seclusion and it was red alert time to strike back and do something, anything, or gaming would be destroyed for good.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 2, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Machai posted:

people born during/right before the Great Depression? although I guess they dont have to carry it very far to get from mattress to landlord

Great Depression? Is it when Zoe's game got greenlit?

Great Depression Quest.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Paladinus posted:

Great Depression? Is it when Zoe's game got greenlit?

Great Depression Quest.

hold on a sec

i'm making this game in twine right now brb

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Roki B posted:

whens the last time someone told you to kill yourself, because if it isn't daily it isn't enough

Well, another person's leaving home tonight...

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

i assume heterosexual dudes and lesbians are classing anything with nipples on them as breasts in this context
You'd think Adam Sessler would be content with a wife, but who knows anymore.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

How the gently caress do these dipshits get any work done

Game Journalism consists of hardly any work and basic knowledge of the English language. The editors who approve the articles touch up most of their poo poo. Although, looking at these blog sites. It looks like they're free to just post whatever thought instantly enters their head without any pause.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Paladinus posted:

Well, another person's leaving home tonight...

lol like anyone takes anything on the internet seriously. Oh...

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

XK posted:

Holy poo poo. This is the Maya Kramer PR person's Twitter. Look at the date:

https://twitter.com/legobutts/status/501855043612848128

What conspiracy? You're crazy.

This will probably made in China with slave labor. That's okay because the slaves are all cis gender heterosexuals.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

XK posted:

Since the Wizardchan stuff happened way back in December, Im sure they already had the slogan in mind as being kind of considered as a quasi Sarkeesian entity to the gaming world. Plus that date is still 3 days after Thezoepost blog went up. No conspiracy there.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
I'm reading through this whole mess right now, and I can't decide who is worse (probably those creepy MRA guys), but what I'm mostly wondering is: do any of these people ever even play video games anymore?

And why am I not playing video games right now?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

rainy day posted:

People at Kotaku and The Escapist go to parties hosted by EA and get free, one-of-a-kind videogame swag and no one gives a poo poo.

swag really can't hold a candle to sex though

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the only game i play is dark souls
japan superiority

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

THE PENETRATOR posted:

japan superiority

Let me tell you bout Patriarchy

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
y'all are gonna flip when you find out there's shirts too!!

http://teespring.com/cuties

i ordered one because it is a message i agree with

CSM posted:

I'm reading through this whole mess right now, and I can't decide who is worse (probably those creepy MRA guys), but what I'm mostly wondering is: do any of these people ever even play video games anymore?

And why am I not playing video games right now?

i have a theory that this whole thing would not have blown up as huge as it did if it didn't happen in the middle of a really bad summer gaming drought

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

support our troops (unless they are gamers)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
post more pics of vets getting mad at troll tweets

thats not even sarcasm, it's better than hearing conspiracy theories

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
is it over yet?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I can see why a soldier does not like comparing angry nerds to the ISIS Caliphate systematically torturing and executing innocent people

because he doesn't want to admit they're BOTH THE SAME THING

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Waltzing Along posted:

is it over yet?

it has only started :getin:

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

is it over yet?

i ask myself the same thing sometimes and the rabbit hole becomes deeper and deeper, ie no, it is not

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

literally a hog posted:

Since the Wizardchan stuff happened way back in December, Im sure they already had the slogan in mind as being kind of considered as a quasi Sarkeesian entity to the gaming world. Plus that date is still 3 days after Thezoepost blog went up. No conspiracy there.

It's shady when viewed alongside all the "Death of Gamers" articles that simultaneously came out over a week later.

abraham linksys posted:

y'all are gonna flip when you find out there's shirts too!!

http://teespring.com/cuties

i ordered one because it is a message i agree with

The shirts came around about a week later, so they aren't as suspicious.

Edit: Nevermind, those were around the 20th as well. Well, I guess I can give them credit for deciding on a narrative then at least.

XK fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 2, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Waltzing Along posted:

is it over yet?

every time it goes quiet for like a day something even more amazing comes out and the outrage continues for another 3 days

judging by that schedule we should have another major reveal late Thursday afternoon

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

abraham linksys posted:

i have a theory that this whole thing would not have blown up as huge as it did if it didn't happen in the middle of a really bad summer gaming drought
That too.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

japan superiority
Japan is the last bastion of gaming because they remain untouched by our western sjw feminist culture... By the way have I told you about my waifu Bayonetta?

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I can see why a soldier does not like comparing angry nerds to the ISIS Caliphate systematically torturing and executing innocent people

because he doesn't want to admit they're BOTH THE SAME THING
There must be some overlap given the amount of westerners going over there to join ISIS because "it's just like call of duty/my videogames"

XK posted:

It's shady when viewed alongside all the "Death of Gamers" articles that simultaneously came out over a week later.
"Feminism is killing games" has been a meme for a long time.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 2, 2014

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Edit: duplicate

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 2, 2014

Dec 26, 2012

XK posted:

somebody call up alex jones, i bet he could use a new wristband

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Meltdown May continues to September

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i dont think anythings going to top the igf maya connection if it's true, well not unless their's a cellphone vid of a bunch of them in a giant orgy somewhere.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

poptart_fairy posted:

well yeah, but why the hell would anyone believe that

tits, i guess

If you look at the tweets that followed there was a lot of earnest support from some seemingly quite decent people. Or, to your average sociopath, a free buffet.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Okay can someone fill me in here.

1) Zoe Quinn slept with gaming "journalists"
2) Any discussion about it got deleted
3) ____________________
4) Gaming is inherently misogynistic and all gamers should die, RIP gamers

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Okay can someone fill me in here.

1) Zoe Quinn slept with gaming "journalists"
2) Any discussion about it got deleted
3) ____________________
4) Gaming is inherently misogynistic and all gamers should die, RIP gamers

read the OP, idiot

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

NutritiousSnack posted:

This fight is like two people arguing over how best to jerk off the same impotent, coke numbed, dick.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I thought the wristband was more important than it actually is because of the date; I can't believe this poo poo has been going on for 2 weeks.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

They just won't let the story die.

fnox
May 19, 2013

so after making gaming "hip" they now wanna take it down?

way to loving go, indies.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Just Chamber posted:

*Whole livelihood based on covering games, writing about and playing them every day*

"Ugh why do you NERDS care so much about games?!"

Yeah this sure is a whole lot of all that right here

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

NutritiousSnack posted:

Ah so it's cool to insult all of your customers' integrity to complain about a few. (While dodging the issues that even make things so bad!)

Well I guess it wouldn't hurt the gaming industry to cool down sales for a good long while.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

NutritiousSnack posted:

I am a game creator. Why didn't anyone ask me to sign it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So after the last week or so of everyone on both sides tweeting like loving idiots and loads of people linked to the gaming sites tweeting like they want to get fired, the gaming sites come out with a letter asking people to play nice and report abuse?

It's like they are doing everything in their power to boost the signal of the people they've been yelling at this whole time.

• Locked thread