Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
hey speaking of how against things like harassment and threats the "anti-gamer" or whatever they're called side is, check out this reasonable (and now deleted i think) tweet by one of polygon's mods:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief just made some interesting statements.

sounds like he's joking but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

If this leads to Buzzfeed employees getting fired we all win.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Suben posted:

hey speaking of how against things like harassment and threats the "anti-gamer" or whatever they're called side is, check out this reasonable (and now deleted i think) tweet by one of polygon's mods:

Can't wait for him to get 25 to life.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i wholly support firing everyone who is shameless enough to admit to playing with toys to their boss, esp. if they call it a hobby

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Neurolimal posted:

i wholly support firing everyone who is shameless enough to admit to playing with toys to their boss, esp. if they call it a hobby

Do sex toys count?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Suben posted:

It's a conspiracy, who gives a poo poo if its real :justpost:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i spent the day at the beach did anything fun happen

Yeah, turns out if you didn't suck up to Maya Kramer you had no chance of winning at the IGF:

Forums Barber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

This is pretty entertaining. Maya Kramer, Zoe's PR person (one of the five guys who happens to be a woman) slept with the head of the Indie Games Fest and whaddya know, all of the winners and finalists either employ Maya for PR or straight up work at the same PR company she does.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so far all of indie games are corrupt, but just how deep does this run? did zoe quinn have sex w/ obama so mass effect 3 got a 10/10?

i need to know

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The second best part of this is how indie devs are even more corrupt than EA/Activision/etc

e: actually the best part is that *nods respectfully at you* guy.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

in her defense who hasn't had sex with obama

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Radical posted:

so far all of indie games are corrupt, but just how deep does this run? did zoe quinn have sex w/ obama so mass effect 3 got a 10/10?

i need to know

I think Dr.Pepper and Doritos had more to do with that than anything else

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Radical posted:

so far all of indie games are corrupt

Well, the North American indie dev scene is corrupt. The others might not be.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The second best part of this is how indie devs are even more corrupt than EA/Activision/etc

e: actually the best part is that *nods respectfully at you* guy.

I can understand selling out when EA drives a dumptruck full of money up your driveway, but finding out how many people will gladly sell out in return for a listless handy from a chick with Manic Panic hair is hilarious.

Forums Barber fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 2, 2014

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
lmao at anyone who puts "videogames" as a hobby on a resume or job app

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Jesus Christ the Polygon guy is having a loving twitter melt down. Screaming about how he can't wait for /v/ to post his info.

The one thing im wondering is do any of the triple a and other advertiser's really want this poo poo going on anymore? Or are the only people who give a poo poo about this the people involved?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

follow the money

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Suben posted:

insulting, threatening and doxxing people is cool when your side does it. thought you knew?

You're acting like if there was one bad person at a protest that committed a crime... all the protestors are bad guys and should be shot or at least have their opinion ignored.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Radical posted:

follow the money

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief just made some interesting statements.

Suben posted:

holy poo poo........ it all makes sense now

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

madeupfred posted:

holy poo poo........ it all makes sense now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Forums Barber posted:

I can understand selling out when EA drives a dumptruck full of money up your driveway, but finding out how many people will gladly sell out in return for a listless handy from a chick with Manic Panic hair is hilarious.

*nods respectfully towards you*

Dec 26, 2012

Forums Barber posted:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I really hope that dude gets people recognizing him irl and nodding respectfully @ him

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
hhhh

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 4, 2014

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moochewmoo posted:

Jesus Christ the Polygon guy is having a loving twitter melt down. Screaming about how he can't wait for /v/ to post his info.

The one thing im wondering is do any of the triple a and other advertiser's really want this poo poo going on anymore? Or are the only people who give a poo poo about this the people involved?

Without a doubt the various employers and advertisers are pissed about this and the only reason heads haven't rolled yet is that today is a holiday.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

natetimm posted:

Without a doubt the various employers and advertisers are pissed about this and the only reason heads haven't rolled yet is that today is a holiday.

I'm pretty sure it's because they are on the right side of history and are standing up to the bullies. They understand that they can't let the terrorists win.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Everything sucks.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

natetimm posted:

The end of the world is coming today... next month... soon...

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

CSM posted:

So basically some people had the audacity to have SEX and now 4 chan is angry? Does that about sum it up?

I love how some idiot comes in here every 5 pages or so and makes this exact post.

Suben posted:

I actually just found out about "SWATTING" the other day. Dumb as gently caress!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-uRFIr3mA&t=390s

Also the "CEO" tweeting he is going to fire "gamers" is fake as hell. That would be a lawsuit immediately. It's mindblowing people are actually supporting him unironically though.

"I'm going to fire all people who have ever been bowling! Then we will publicly hang them!!" *twitter tards applaud* So brave....

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tokamak posted:

The end of the world is coming today... next month... soon...

Now is the time to strike, while the world is distracted by war and disease.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Also I have to wonder, does the "kill all gamers" stuff apply to those who play tabletop games as well? What about monopoly and scrabble? Or poker, that's a game.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 2, 2014

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really hope this turns out to be a mega huge conspiracy that reaches to ridiculous levels. That way when it all comes crashing it'll be because one minor cog just couldn't bring herself not to be a piece of poo poo to her boyfriend.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The game, of Life.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Oh my God, Quinn is working on an FMV game starring Greg Sestero from The Room.

I would totally watch a movie based on this starring Tommy Wiseau as the cuckold.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

just to be safe im taking up mountain climbing and plastic model building. anything with the word "game" on it is taboo in my household (of one person... please have sex w me zoe)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Moochewmoo posted:

I'm sure they're not happy, but realize that the association of big publishers and media goes two ways. If some hypothetical evidence surfaced that was really bad, enough to actually take down Kotaku or Polygon, they'd need to do a lot of work to establish relationships with whoever came next.

I think everyone on the media and publisher side wants this to just go away ASAP which is why they've pulled back to just repeating "harassment is bad" over and over.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Greg Sestero is a cutie, I wouldn't cuck him. :allears:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I play PC games, mobile games, console games, web games, board games, card games, dice games, paper games, mind games and many other games as well. :siren: ENEMY OF THE STATE! :siren:

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
Where the hell is Phil Fish, he would be the Cherry on top of this poo poo Mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Lochness_Hamster posted:

Where the hell is Phil Fish, he would be the Cherry on top of this poo poo Mountain

He was the cherry on top when he blew up and quit twitter but then they piled a bunch of poo poo over that.

• Locked thread