Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Blasmeister posted:

It is an impressively ugly gun, I agree.

All SOE had to do was steal the side-loading battle rifles from BL1. The best gun manufacturer for the weapon already painted their weapons red. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Would anyone, that is able to, consider recording their sessions of being Pro-MLG skillz to teach lowly plebs like me and newbies how to play? Mainly you people that earn a bajillion certs in a session. I mean, big rear end tech plant assaults/defenses rather than 1-12 man tower fights.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Broose posted:

Would anyone, that is able to, consider recording their sessions of being Pro-MLG skillz to teach lowly plebs like me and newbies how to play? Mainly you people that earn a bajillion certs in a session. I mean, big rear end tech plant assaults/defenses rather than 1-12 man tower fights.

Always pull and deploy sundies at every single fight. Drop recon tools or ammo packs. Revive anybody and everybody. Drop a shield dong. Grab some SCREEEE and be sure to tag every single vehicle you can, and all occupied MANA turrets. Squad lead. Platoon lead. Gun for people. Sit in spawn rooms and practice headshots on the dummies surrounding it. Follow someone who makes a shitload of certs around and do what they do. Rep MAXes. Rep squaddie MAXes.

I have and make a boatload of certs, but I'd be surprised if more than 1/4 came from kills. Chain pulling sundies is my bread and butter anymore and the certs a decently placed one will make you is obscene considering they're basically free.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
PRO TIER MLG CERT FARMING

Step #1: Always bring a Sunderer for people to spawn on. Sunderer ribbons are gold.
Step #2: Always put down Ammo and motion dong and be repairing or resurrecting people. Certs for little risk right there.
Step #3: Grenade Spam <3
Step #4: Shoot people I guess. But don't go out of your way to do this one, certs are easier to get elsewhere.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
1 - Subscribe up to Auraxium Tier
2 - Buy Heroic Boost, Equip.
3 - Play Medic/Engie with the only AMS sunderer at Indar Ex/Quartz Ridge or some other hellzerg fight.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It was more a thinly veilded attempt to crib strats on how to shoot mans better in big battles. As it stands now it's mostly kill a guy and then get killed by the guy behind him or stay far away and behind corners and plink at heads. (other than climb a tree with a silenced gun and plink heads.)

Broose fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 1, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Broose posted:

It was more a thinly veilded attempt to crib strats on how to shoot mans better in big battles. As it stands now it's mostly kill a guy and then get killed by the guy behind him or stay far away and behind corners and plink at heads. (other than climb a tree with a silenced gun and plink heads.)

Never be the first rear end in a top hat through the door

Aim for the head

Avoid any and all fair fights. Remember that to an MLG turbosperg "fair fight" = "they get nanoweave and an over shield and a very accurate gun and concs and friends in the area" so be scummy

Follow me around. I'm sneaky and scummy as hell, it's why I love guns like the Reaper because they're great up close while still specializing in mid range instagibbing of unaware targets. I've received complements from DA on my slavish devotion to 200 damage guns, to the point of 1v1ing them with a Tross in a biolab

Remember: AVOID FAIR FIGHTS. And stick with friends

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Words are all well and good but videos of some quality players doing quality things really wouldn't hurt.

No, not MLG Turbo-spergs because they are inhuman machines, I mean some regular flesh and blood decent players.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

You want unfair fights on defenses. Otherwise you're competing with friendlies for kills.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

1 - Subscribe up to Auraxium Tier
2 - Buy Heroic Boost, Equip.
3 - Play Medic/Engie with the only AMS sunderer at Indar Ex/Quartz Ridge or some other hellzerg fight.

A repair sunderer in the bottom of a Biolab being attacked is also Gold. Hit 150k/hr just AFKing once.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Learn bases, learn where the natural choke points are, learn where people are likely to be looking.

Then it's simply a matter of getting around or to the side of where people are and shooting them.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

Broose posted:

I just pick my medic in a large fight, find a decent bunch if allies, dump a shield dong, back off a bit and wait for the inevitable grenades to start chain-ressing people. While waiting for the grenades, the dong will spew certs all over you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Check out Moukass' Heavy Damage series on YouTube, he's a good player and stops the action to explain what he's doing a lot. I'll try to find some more when I get home

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Turning down your graphics settings will improve your gameplay a ton. Seriously just give it a try. It's like playing on your own private server filled with bots sometimes.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

dirty nub posted:

Turning down your graphics settings will improve your gameplay a ton. Seriously just give it a try. It's like playing on your own private server filled with bots sometimes.

Kind of depends; on my computer it actually makes the loving game lag worse sometimes. :psyduck:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Broose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_g9EXG0iYpTeygC5zM4mmfw3hUnDFmr2

Found some for ya. Check the Heavy Damage series especially but Moukass is fantastic for these things because he lists everything he is using and puts text prompts up to convey details relevant to why he's doing what he's doing

V V V with the exception of Fallbridge last night it's been fine for me! V V V

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 2, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Why are people even bothering to play right now? Hit detection and rubberbanding is so bad it's like the whole game exists in a bowl of jello at the moment. How did it get worse over the weekend?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Why do I have to be such a competitive player. I always try to improve my :mlg: stats which deprives me of some of the fun. I also get legit pissed sometimes about EU lag and death streaks. What is the most fun for you to do in this game?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

West007 posted:

Why do I have to be such a competitive player. I always try to improve my :mlg: stats which deprives me of some of the fun. I also get legit pissed sometimes about EU lag and death streaks. What is the most fun for you to do in this game?

Depends, but some universals are:

0) utter domination of the Emerald yell meta
1) Platoon leading GOON and K0TH
2) SCREEEE nests now that I've got them down to a science
3) stomping around as a SlugMAX
4) VANGUARD
5) BATTAL GAL
6) Reaper/bandoleer/revive nade Medic

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Fart Car '97 posted:

Why are people even bothering to play right now? Hit detection and rubberbanding is so bad it's like the whole game exists in a bowl of jello at the moment. How did it get worse over the weekend?

The extra long load times even with an SSD are what's killing it for me right now.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

0) butter failure of the Emerald yell meta
1) Platoon leading BUTR and TOST
2) MARMITE nests now that I've got them down to a science
3) stomping around as a SaltMAX
4) BUTTER
5) BUTTER GAL
6) Salter/butter/marmite nade Toaster

Boogalo posted:

The extra long load times even with an SSD are what's killing it for me right now.

Load times have been fine for me, hit detection seemed better tonight too.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oof, where is RayJenkins at lately? This is PS1-grade taunting at best and he's probably the best to lead that particular training session.

It's just shameful, repetition may work in your mumble but let loose in the wider world and it will wilt under a more verbose and chaotic onslaught. Adaptability is key! My favorite attempt so far has been a GOKU attempting to shame me for leading a cartoon-themed outfit.

Ray at least is as likely to verbally joust as silently TK you. Gotta respect that.

On a more relevant note - hitching has been an issue for me but I'm not sure I'll ever escape it so who knows. Hit reg seems fine, though I'm using an unusual style of gun for me that I frankly cannot wait to never use again so maybe that's part of it

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 2, 2014

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe if you buttered him up some more.

Make a toast in his honor.

Either way, don't be so salty about it.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

Really? It's been absolutely great for me 99% of the time. I did have some halberd shots not register, that was maddening, but most of the time it was solid. What's your framerate like? I wonder if it's an fps related thing.

The one thing I have noticed is that my spaceman will occasionally decide to look straight at the floor, or straight upward, or pivot 120' left or some other stupid thing. It's bizarre and happens at random.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boogalo posted:

CTDs after ten minutes of play with 5 minute load times are doing it for me.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

o muerte posted:

Really? It's been absolutely great for me 99% of the time. I did have some halberd shots not register, that was maddening, but most of the time it was solid. What's your framerate like? I wonder if it's an fps related thing.

The one thing I have noticed is that my spaceman will occasionally decide to look straight at the floor, or straight upward, or pivot 120' left or some other stupid thing. It's bizarre and happens at random.

I'm getting the bug where rocket pods fire in all directions, but I quite like that bug. It's just so absurd to see that it's humorous, like it's a special Clown Reaver or something doing an aerial slapstick routine

I'm still getting the input delay when hitting alt or Q-spotting bringing up the menu that doesn't disappear and that crap is irritating but far from game breaking.

Frankly I'd rather have things as they are now - a bit neurotic but with 3k concurrent players on Emerald - than as they were pre-merger. It's all probably related to the PS4/PC merger.
Something like that's going to ruck up a lot of rugs and now they're stamping it all flat. If I weren't for the directives issues making the loudest players even louder this doesn't seem too bad compared to some.

I wish we got fun bugs like "no turrets work" or "PPA the size of the moon" or crazy legs/machine gun dick instead of hitching and crashing :(

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I'm still hoping for a bug introduced right before a holiday weekend where all vehicles act like they're flipped and explode after several seconds of being pulled.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

alarumklok posted:

I'm still hoping for a bug introduced right before a holiday weekend where all vehicles act like they're flipped and explode after several seconds of being pulled.

Or better yet, movement is along the wrong axis so instead of rolling along the ground, they tumble along end over end.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
It is so painful to go from my TR to VS, it took me an hour and fifty minutes to get to a 1 KDR on my VS account and after three hours on my TR I hit a really bad streak and dropped to 3.5 KDR.

Epic High Five posted:

2) SCREEEE nests now that I've got them down to a science

You need to write a guide for people on this, I was on a tower pad raining down hell on everything with my Striker (Striker Valkyrie love runs deep this week) and there was a screee nest which was about 315 meters away because I saw/heard three rockets heading right for my face and thought "oh poo poo" right before watching them all explode right before they made it to the pad. They must have thought they missed because they just kept firing, one of our guys started shooting fireworks back at them in answer.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

edit: I need to refresh pages more often

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Klowns posted:

It is so painful to go from my TR to VS, it took me an hour and fifty minutes to get to a 1 KDR on my VS account and after three hours on my TR I hit a really bad streak and dropped to 3.5 KDR.

You need to write a guide for people on this, I was on a tower pad raining down hell on everything with my Striker (Striker Valkyrie love runs deep this week) and there was a screee nest which was about 315 meters away because I saw/heard three rockets heading right for my face and thought "oh poo poo" right before watching them all explode right before they made it to the pad. They must have thought they missed because they just kept firing, one of our guys started shooting fireworks back at them in answer.

I plan to in a few kills once I aurax mine and move on to my swagged out Phoenix AE

Odds are you weren't the primary target, or they were just firing them for the sheer joy of it and to keep the incessant screaming going. It's REALLY obvious when it runs out of range as opposed to a miss, but then again it's certainly not the craziest thing that's turned up. Frankly of even otherwise unaware pubbies are organizing impromptu Phoenix nests now I'm going to count it as a cultural victory

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Did they shrink hitboxes or something? My accuracy has seemed off this weekend.

Epic High Five posted:

Oof, where is RayJenkins at lately? This is PS1-grade taunting at best and he's probably the best to lead that particular training session.

It's just shameful, repetition may work in your mumble but let loose in the wider world and it will wilt under a more verbose and chaotic onslaught. Adaptability is key! My favorite attempt so far has been a GOKU attempting to shame me for leading a cartoon-themed outfit.

Ray at least is as likely to verbally joust as silently TK you. Gotta respect that.

On a more relevant note - hitching has been an issue for me but I'm not sure I'll ever escape it so who knows. Hit reg seems fine, though I'm using an unusual style of gun for me that I frankly cannot wait to never use again so maybe that's part of it

Okay :allears:
E:

wei posted:

Bugs I've experienced that no one else seems to have brought up:
1) Vehicle controls are hosed in about the first 15 seconds of a pull
2) Jumpjets cut out if you try to feather them. If I try to use jets twice in a time shorter than my ping, I plummet to the ground. I can reproduce this consistently on high-ping servers

I've had the jumpjet thing happen before. I couldn't jet again for about another second afterward.

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 2, 2014

wei
Jul 27, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Did they shrink hitboxes or something? My accuracy has seemed off this weekend.

Bugs I've experienced that no one else seems to have brought up:
1) Vehicle controls are hosed in about the first 15 seconds of a pull
2) Jumpjets cut out if you try to feather them. If I try to use jets twice in a time shorter than my ping, I plummet to the ground. I can reproduce this consistently on high-ping servers

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The games been really wonky after the patch a ton of hits not registering and weird loving ragdoll poo poo where you start the death animation and start falling forward before you register the death on your side. I basically run forward and my arms/gun stay behind me while my body and screen is forced towards the floor.

Animations have been off to with bullets flying sideways and poo poo, today we were getting shot through a hill because bullets were missing the hill and traveling through it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I found out how to make the AMP hilariously fun and actually pretty good, on Stalker Cloak: equip Adrenaline Booster. As long as you can stick it in the back/sides of someone whose attention is anywhere else for a second, it's just BRRRRRRRRRAPPPP and instantly dead.

The thing is worse at a distance than even the Mag-Scatter without a choke, and it eats ammo like a hog, but it really is just the exact same gun from PS1 (only uglier).

Cratering my graphics and boosting my FPS helped but it is impossible to not kill someone if you jam it in their back, and that's where Adrenaline Booster comes in.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 2, 2014

JoeytheRumpWrecker
Aug 31, 2014
The most annoying bug I've been getting since patch was the fact that minimap isnt showing things on it, with little regard to a sensible pattern.
Sometimes it'll be just my personal character icon, other times it will be friendlies, vehicles, or spotted enemy indicators.
Also hard crashes are occurring for me this patch, haven't had those in ages

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Why doesn't anybody ever complain about the MAX charge ability not working 90% of the time?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Higby is asking how everybody likes the changes to the aurax LMGs and nobody is even chiming in about the GODSAW at this point. Word is that it's going to get penetration, but considering that geometry and shields will almost certainly be exempted and it probably won't be doing extra damage to MAXes/light armor, what's the point? Maybe hit a 2nd person sometimes? Set against the unlimited ammo, no reload mechanic of the VS guns it's pretty weak

As is, just roll a new NC and slap HVA on your stock saw and you can get the GODSAW without having to get 5 auraxiums. Spend cash instead of certs and you can have it before you even spawn in for the first time!

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Why doesn't anybody ever complain about the MAX charge ability not working 90% of the time?

I'm convinced that this is not server side, but is rather something that is very strongly correlated to the abundance of enemy AV nades and Decimators in the immediate vicinity.

I have charge maxed out so I use it all the time, even out of combat, and this NEVER happens unless like 30 people are firing at me

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Epic High Five posted:

So if I get this right, you want me to train GOKU in proper trolling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Ass_Burgerer posted:

You don't like to be stuck at 10% run speed when you needed 300% to stay alive?

Klowns posted:

Really? I find VS guns to be basically the same as TR but more user friendly (better horizontal tolerance, faster reloads, more 0.75x options.) Long story short I do just as well on VS as TR and with the exception of a couple specific things (SABR, TORQ) don't really miss my TR guns at all. I hope at some point the VS get a general infantry pass that gives them a handful of unique guns (like the TR got the SABR, TRAP, TORQ and Lynx.) I very rarely miss the extra magazine because I'm landing more shots, and the quick reloads are pretty rad.

• Locked thread