Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIH9vfwKBM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The last act of Journalism was Woodward and Bernstein.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so people started going over the names on that "game developers against harassment" open letter and surprise most of the people on it are not game devs/are fake names. lol @ the guy who apparently signed it Anders Breivik.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

CrazyLittle posted:

Have you ever heard of SJW's swat'ing somebody? Because I haven't. But yes, please continue to try to excuse harassment through ridiculous equivocation. "Both sides do it" doesn't mean either side is right.

Suppose an internet stalker has made a credible threat of death/dox/etc against you. Do you:

1) Scream RAPE on Twitter and call the SJW army to your side, publicly attacking the parties you believe responsible.
2) Maintain a facade of normalcy in public while discreetly dealing with appropriate law enforcement.

One of these is a quick way to cause an unstable person to attack prematurely and violently in the most explosive possible manner. One of these is the correct way to deal with legally actionable harassment, but doesn't get noticed by clickbait media.

EasternBronze posted:

Its almost as if internet harassment has no affiliation and infact isnt really the issue at all.

Or this.

It's like Libertarians and AnCaps claiming there has never, ever been a private monopoly. In any industry, in history, ever. Because if there ever had been, that would destroy some of their basic assumptions of how free markets are supposed to self-regulate. You bring up any of the various sorts of monopoly that have existed throughout history, and they'll probably just change the subject, or blame government. Because statists.

If SJWs aren't really under threat of misogynist internet rape, then their whole philosophy falls apart. So if you bring up a legitimate criticism such as blabbing about a death threat to Twitter while not even contacting police is pretty much the dumbest possible way you could possibly handle the matter, then you're a rapist. Because rape.

Musket posted:

came to ask if there was a winner in any of this?

A bunch of people's Patreon accounts and Kickstarters? Some advertisers are also doing very well thanks to changing traffic.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The Snark posted:

You're dogpiling someone I happen to disagree with, however I disapprove of you referring to them as 'You People'. Consider yourself policed. Also individual examples of stupidity should really be confined to the originator alone anyway. Nothing to be gained from imagining more of them at that computer than there is.

So, 'you person'. I guess?

I'm posting from my phone.

Tapping out "you chronically triggered, twenty-something, twitterbabies, who need to get a perspective on the world that isn't through a coffee shop window" over and over is just plain inconvenient.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

CrazyLittle posted:

No, but middle eastern ethnicities are POC.

What.

Sorry to jump into the shitpool, but I've been checking the box marked "Caucasian" for the last 30+ years (Syria). Everyone I know from the Middle East has always done the same (and their children do too). Where the hell did you get this idea from? Does this mean I qualify for minority scholarships/grants?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Fandyien posted:

just popping in to say, you're all fucktards

Yeah, but are you a Mario fucktard, or a Sonic fucktard?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:gas::gas::gas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXpXesMcKE

I was getting worried about the lack of diverse opinions, the last few pages have 'improved' things. When there's no one to argue against, the conspiracies get really, really dumb.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm half eastern european and I have a darker skin tone than JonTron/Anita am I a person of color?

If not I married a Latina so I'm cool. I will be one of the few caucasian surviors of the race and gender wars. :cool:

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 2, 2014

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Musket posted:

came to ask if there was a winner in any of this?

the people sitting on the sidelines going :munch: and :suspense:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'm Anita Sarkeesian and I'm posting from a secret place

Someone post the /pol/ thing where this is all connected to DARPA, I wanna see that one

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Tokamak posted:

:gas::gas::gas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXpXesMcKE

I was getting worried about the lack of diverse opinions, the last few pages have 'improved' things. When there's no one to argue against, the conspiracies get really, really dumb.

you want to gas it right when it starts gettin good? Whats wrong with you.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

happyhippy posted:

Yeah, but are you a Mario fucktard, or a Sonic fucktard?

Rather read about console war white noise then any of Fandyiens human being posts. :twisted:

Shroud posted:

What.

Sorry to jump into the shitpool, but I've been checking the box marked "Caucasian" for the last 30+ years (Syria). Everyone I know from the Middle East has always done the same (and their children do too). Where the hell did you get this idea from? Does this mean I qualify for minority scholarships/grants?

You qualify to do YouTube videos on sex and race in first person shooters or maid-jrpgs.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Seriously no forced apologies/rage quits on twitter today? wtf nerds you're letting me down.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

At least demon rush was a game, not some storybook bullshit that people love calling a game. Dont know what crimson haze is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moYzAUSyggM

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Hang on, since when is Armenia "The middle east"?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

The way tumblr SJWs deal with middle-easterners is really funny. They group them all together (much like I am doing right now) and ignore the fact that the entire area has more than one culture and a very diverse range of colors and creeds.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Prenton posted:

Reagan school budget cuts in the '80s.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Prenton posted:

they touch Iran so they are middle east by association.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prenton posted:

Probably around the same time Armenians and Turks became the same thing.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Xachariah posted:

The real hosed up thing about it all is apparently the whole "indie gaming" thing wasn't ever a widespread movement, the indie gaming revolution was all just some incestuous hipster group in San Fransisco hyping each other up.

Good, I thought I was weird for not giving a flying gently caress about low effort "retro" garbage.

It was never a movement more that digital distribution meant you could make and self publish a small game with no or minimal publisher involvement, similar to the early 90's and late 80's PC space.

The "Indie Gaming" hyped up by little sections of the press was just scene kids from certain hip cities all agglomerating into a disembodied mass of inflated ego with no self-awareness.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Man Whore posted:

they touch Iran so they are middle east by association.

Everything touching middle east is middle east. By induction all of Afro-Eurasia is middle east.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shroud posted:

What.

Race traitors.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
sjw: TAKE ALL BOOBS OUT OF GAMES AND COVER UP THE WOMEN AND REMOVE GENDERS!!!!

gamers: WOMEN ARE WHORES AND WE DEMAND BIGGER BOOBS AND SMALLER BIKINI ARMOR!!!!

did i get this right?

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

CrazyLittle posted:

No true scotsman. We have an obligation to police the shittier aspects of our communities.

I sure hope you've been helping to get gitmo closed or joining the protest against wall street or voting at all

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Musket posted:

sjw: TAKE ALL BOOBS OUT OF GAMES AND COVER UP THE WOMEN AND REMOVE GENDERS!!!!

gamers: WOMEN ARE WHORES AND WE DEMAND BIGGER BOOBS AND SMALLER BIKINI ARMOR!!!!

did i get this right?

Nope

sjw : boo men

everyone else : how about just yay women?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'm half eastern european and I have a darker skin tone than JonTron/Anita am I a person of color?

If not I married a Latina so I'm cool. I will be one of the few caucasian surviors of the race and gender wars. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGIgnscRz6Q

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

The "Indie Gaming" hyped up by little sections of the press was just scene kids from certain hip cities all agglomerating into a disembodied mass of inflated ego with no self-awareness.

this is true with the caveat that it's also true of every single other artistic medium and form of internet and media journalism and is in no way endemic to gaming

gamers are just sort of more autistic than music people and poo poo so it took them forever to figure it out and when they did it blew their minds and turned them into diagram-making basket cases

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Prenton posted:

man the really hosed up thing is people are calling Armenians people of colour

when part of Armenia is in the South Caucasus region, you know, from where the word Caucasian originally comes from

they're like the original white people

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 2, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DUNCAN DONUTS posted:

super mario: 6 gold coins involved much cuckoldry, this is a verifiable fact

the virtual boy cucked gunpei yokoi

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Looking at scantily clad women is one of the ways I define my sexuality.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Lol

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

sorry, your baby is a boy thus a rapist, better luck next pregnancy

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I love that now it's impossible to tell who's serious and who's trolling in twitter.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Xachariah posted:

man the really hosed up thing is people are calling Armenians people of colour

when part of Armenia is in the South Caucasus region, you know, from where the word Caucasian originally comes from

they're like the original white people

No the only white people are western/central Europeans and their disgusting pig spawn.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Radical posted:

so people started going over the names on that "game developers against harassment" open letter and surprise most of the people on it are not game devs/are fake names. lol @ the guy who apparently signed it Anders Breivik.

they literally cannot stop themselves from being shady

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gyges posted:

I love that now it's impossible to tell who's serious and who's trolling in twitter.

Since when chemo is a homophobic slur? Is it an American thing?

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Incidentally if anyone feels like signing a petition on this, this one's gaining some traction:

http://www.change.org/p/the-gaming-...e_id=yAulZGRToX

quote:

To:

The Gaming Industry
Please stop the hate targeting gamers. We're not all bad people.

Sincerely,
[Your name]

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Armenians are people of color in the same way asians are, in a nebulous way that is convenient to a political agenda. Its like Schrodinger's Victim. How many Japanese people do you think are upset about all the white characters in games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Since when chemo is a homophobic slur? Is it an American thing?

Its butthurt.

• Locked thread