Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
Remember where you were when the gamers fell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39h1JyOhft0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I saw Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian brutally kick a defenseless gamer in the elevator today. :smith:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
We're all pawns in a FYAD vs. ADTRW proxy war. Makes you think.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
In the end, the journalists will manage to convince the general public that they're really just innocent victims fighting against sexism, before going back to the same routine of coercing developers to make their games fit their sensibilities while shaming devs who don't :)

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Manic Pixie Dream Girl probably originated somewhere besides TV Tropes I'm not going to look into it since that's where most people learn these things. Most of Anita's research also comes from TV Tropes.

it's from an article on av club but tropers ran with it

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Lumpy the Cook posted:

In the end, the journalists will manage to convince the general public that they're really just innocent victims fighting against sexism, before going back to the same routine of coercing developers to make their games fit their sensibilities while shaming devs who don't :)

Pretty much

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

guys if i was making a videogame should i side with 4chan or the journalists? assuming i would want maximum profit on my eventual paetron/game sales

maybe i could side with the dark horse something awful

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm still surprised more people don't install adblock in the age of youtube commercials and nerds making millions playing video games.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Radical posted:

guys if i was making a videogame should i side with 4chan or the journalists? assuming i would want maximum profit on my eventual paetron/game sales

Do neither and make a good game that is esteemed for its quality and not because it is full of cute anime girls or for being about mental illness

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Lumpy the Cook posted:

And AAA publishers will continue to make games that their established audience want to buy relegating pathologically inclusive games to the indie circlejerk, pretty much how things are right now.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Radical posted:

Make a game you'd want to make and don't let people control you, duh

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Where's the best reddit to read about this? I only use it for r/deadbedrooms and r/strugglefucking.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Radical posted:

Just make a good game but put some stuff in it that appeals to the social justice crowd. The 4chan people will begrudgingly buy it, your patreon will be maxed out and you'll have an army of SJ warriors/concubines to fulfill your every whim.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Do neither and make a good game that is esteemed for its quality and not because it is full of cute anime girls or for being about mental illness

no ones ever bought a good video game though

mentally ill anime girls though... you might be on to something pal

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Radical posted:

mentally ill anime girls though... you might be on to something pal

Follow your heart, but if the game is bad I'll spank you.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Radical posted:

guys if i was making a videogame should i side with 4chan or the journalists?

pretend you're with the cuck loving fruitbeardians until you're rich and powerful.

but when you make money you can say whatever and be a patriarchal He-Man who looks down upon them but lets them graze in his fields

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wouldn't be so sure. The discussion and controversy hasn't gone away, the main gamer mags have begun to buckle here and there, and the weight of evidence is against the SJW. This might be the initial outcome, but the tide is definitely turning against them.

Plus there's the point that these people clearly aren't all that bright because if they were they wouldn't have tried the "death to gamers" stunt. Odds are they'll gently caress up again.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I've only read the first 280 pages or so of this thread, however I think that is enough to make a suggestion that could solve this issue and a whole bunch of others:

1) delete everything on the internet
2) turn off the internet for a year

You can thank me later for this great idea (in a year or so).

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Is any chance real financial damage could be done to the gaming press? I'm assuming the web traffic numbers we saw earlier don't exclude the people with adblock installed.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Lollerich posted:

I've only read the first 280 pages or so of this thread, however I think that is enough to make a suggestion that could solve this issue and a whole bunch of others:

1) delete everything on the internet
2) turn off the internet for a year

You can thank me later for this great idea (in a year or so).

you first

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Sawyer is cool and is fairly moderate, but still, he went full retard with that whole "I yell at employees who disagree with me" thing, and he also likes Leigh "Kill all gamers" Alexander which is dumb because she's a lame unfunny weirdo.

Anyone who posts on ycs is a degenerate

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
The Adventures of Some Stupid Retarded Retro Pixel Guy Seriously Who Cares, Starring His Sidekick Patricia the Genderless Trans Polysexual Blob

"How will we get past this tower, Patricia?"

"A tower? Don't you mean... phallic symbol??"

"Oh, Patricia!"

*SJW gamers cream their pants, Kotaku explodes, Phil Fish rises from the dead and Gabe Newell shuts down Valve*

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Is any chance real financial damage could be done to the gaming press? I'm assuming the web traffic numbers we saw earlier don't exclude the people with adblock installed.

Advertisers are telling them to shut the gently caress up or they'll stop buying adspace

So it's possible, if they keep pushing in the way they have been, which is shouting that people who play games are Hitler

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have maybe 800 games from the 80s in a box. Most of them for the Commodore64 and a few for MSX.

I have not played them, and I don't plan to play them.

Looking back, all videogames you buy are pure expense, zero inversion. Even the videogames you are enjoying are probably not very good.

In a few years, once the "fresh smell" dies and you where able to have a objective opinion purelly on the game alone, you will conclude that most games are not very good.

If game journalist where good, they would use the 1-3 scale. Few games will score more than 3, and games scoring more than 5 will be only one in a 10 years.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

This is ok

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

Anyone who posts on ycs is a degenerate

does impzone count as ycs?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Tei posted:

I have maybe 800 games from the 80s in a box. Most of them for the Commodore64 and a few for MSX.

I have not played them, and I don't plan to play them.

Looking back, all videogames you buy are pure expense, zero inversion. Even the videogames you are enjoying are probably not very good.

In a few years, once the "fresh smell" dies and you where able to have a objective opinion purelly on the game alone, you will conclude that most games are not very good.

If game journalist where good, they would use the 1-3 scale. Few games will score more than 3, and games scoring more than 5 will be only one in a 10 years.

but do you identify as a gaymer or just a human being?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

It's even worse

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SunAndSpring posted:

YCS seemed a little less aggro idk

Saying friend of the family was only banned as a precautionary measure, really

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
look guys, its really thta easy to make a lovely game.

]

Dont even need twine.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

what disgusting sexual act is she referencing there

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Musket posted:

]

Dont even need twine.

Feminist Paragon Zoe Quinn, ladies and gentlemen.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Clearly photoshopped

the usb plug doesn't have manic panic dyed wacky hair

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Apparently SA is a hive of SJW supporters, because we made this list. http://makealist.com/content/quinngategamergate-boycott-list

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Whatever happened to treating people nice and having manners. Why did life get so complicated for these folks? Is it honestly extreme political correctness paired with mental illness? Or did they just not learn manners and thus have to invent all this special snowflaky poo poo up?

This is exactly why attachment/helicopter parenting doesnt work. These people have never had to cope with things being different.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Interstellar Owl posted:

Apparently SA is a hive of SJW supporters, because we made this list. http://makealist.com/content/quinngategamergate-boycott-list

The giant bomb thread (that was banned from games) love defending Zoe and rapist max temkin to the death. They're just creepy white knights and probably the reason for making the list.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Musket posted:

]

Dont even need twine.

This woman just cannot stop shoving stuff in her holes for publicity.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Is the next step to keep fanning the flames to tell video games journalism to fight against their advertisers because renegging on their Gamer+Gate campaign is another form of corruption?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i genuinely dont really care one way or the other about anita sarkeesian but i picked up p much all the information in this video in the thirty second skim of the wikipedia article i did just before watching it

• Locked thread