Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Gonkish posted:

How. The. gently caress.

How.

That's just... what the hell did they gently caress up?

"Well see, the world rendering engine started pulling from the stats database, and everyone started spamming grenades so the Directive stats got wiped out SUPER FAST. Sorry guys."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

o muerte posted:

Indar just crashed on Emerald and wiped directive progress for everyone on the continent. 500 or so people just got nuked back to 0 on everything.

:downsbravo:
Logged back in to check (decided to stop when it crashed) and yup. Everything not completed or ribbon-based has gone goose egg.

Most of them I can :shrug: about (as, having recently returned to PS2, many are in the first or second directive stages), but rather pissed about losing my Explosives/Light Assault vehicles blown progress (both were ~90 of the 100 needed for 3rd stage [Adept?]) and the LA one would've sent me along to the last (Expert?) set of directives.

Weak as poo poo that they could manage to program it so poorly though. I could understand a server crash erasing progress made that session (or, more reasonably, since you've been on the continent) from having loaded it off the database and being unable to save when it crashed, but either having it overwrite with nothing upon the server coming back up or deleting the database file and holding it on the server while playing so it just deletes everything if the server crashes? Seriously :soe:, can you be a little less :soe:?

Edit: How many MMOs have they run over the years? Not losing progress on server crashes (at most session progress) is like day one poo poo for MMOs. I'm even more dumbfounded if they managed to configure it in such a way that rollback isn't even feasible (as seems probable).

bUm fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 3, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Yeah, I lost about 50% progress toward prowler completion on the max rank, 50% progress on infiltrator at max rank and something like 80% progress on my engineer. Great, thanks SOE. The best part is that I hate sniping on infil, so I did all my sniper rifle progress with the TRAP - I can't actually complete the sniper rifle section with the TRAP now because I'm up over 700 kills with it and I'm going to stop using it when I hit the auraxium.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Holy poo poo I can't stop laughing.

Unrelated to NS girls, I wanted to share this moment of pure, distilled, Connery players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJhl4i8pKbc

How did I not die? :psyduck:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Connery's the best poo poo ever. I never want to leave.

Edit: Jesus Christ, you're a one-man pharmacist's office with all those med kits.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Westy543 posted:

Holy poo poo I can't stop laughing.

Unrelated to NS girls, I wanted to share this moment of pure, distilled, Connery players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJhl4i8pKbc

How did I not die? :psyduck:

I seriously do this on emerald all the time as an infiltrator. Also, as an engineer when someone blows up your tank the wreckage lasts just long enough for you to crouch behind it for cover and redeploy #justsayin

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 3
Daily sale: T5 AMC / AC-X11 / Pulsar C
Members sale: Rocky Tundra Camo

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Sep 3
Daily sale: T5 AMC / AC-X11 / Pulsar C

All these are legit good. Except maybe the T5 AMC, it'd just an NS-11c with 5 more rounds.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I lost 200 of 300 roadkills, 700 of 1200 squad spawns, and something like 500 of 800 deploy assists from the last level of the Sunderer directive chain from that stupid crash. gently caress this poo poo. Higby your directives suck and the rewards suck.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Periphery posted:

I lost 200 of 300 roadkills, 700 of 1200 squad spawns, and something like 500 of 800 deploy assists from the last level of the Sunderer directive chain from that stupid crash. gently caress this poo poo. Higby your directives suck and the rewards suck.

Yeah, I lost shitloads of progress on Engineer (I was almost done with the exception of the MANA turret,) Infiltrator and Prowler. I don't understand why they can't reimburse these losses, they've had three loving weeks to devise a way to do so. The only thing I can come up with is that they don't give a poo poo and I wish there was more than "GONNA CANCEL MY SUB HIGGLES" that I could do to make an impact.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Oh man, imagine if Blizzard wiped peoples' WoW cheevos and said tough titty.

:allears:

Seriously though, I may take a break untill this poo poo is sorted out. No loving way am I going to risk having my several - and nearly completed - directives reset.

Edit: I made a thread on the official forums for you guys https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/warning-your-directives-arent-safe.200059/

Durendal fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 3, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Has anyone company run a game this badly before? i cant think of anything of this magnitude happening. Its like if everquest lost track of your levels for a few weeks and just reset to an earlier save.

Yes a 2x weekend would totally placate everyone! until the server crashes again and we lose all our new progress hahahaha.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005
Lost all of my directive progress too. I accepted a squad invite from Omuerte and deployed on him from Esamir to the Indar hellvoid about 15 seconds before the server died. I am sad and entirely blame his dumb 3 person squad.

On the bright side, the ragetells are coming hard and fast as I make my final climb to the Sniperman World Championships. As of the double XP weekend, I've decided to start saving them toward a new wall of rage. If you like this sick sort of thing, here are a couple of ragetell murals from my days as goon sniperman in a mistake called Global Agenda
http://i.imgur.com/15kEmxD.png
http://i.imgur.com/dGsbFC5.png

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Evilreaver posted:

--Flying Resupply Module (Like sundy)
--Flying Repair Module (Like sundy)

When SOE talked about the air revamp ages ago they said they had plans to do this for the galaxy. Valkyries should have more stuff in the same general theme as the scout radar. Higby mentioned on his stream stuff like ECM modules or an AWACS-like module which hinder enemies or help friendlies in some fashion respectively, and I think that's a good direction to go with them personally. A general durability buff, a shield like heavies or vanguard, and some cool support modules to let valkyries sticking close to fights do more than just shoot mans. It'd be well on its way with that.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I thought soe said we'd never see flying resupply because of the inevitable collision clusterfuck it would create??

E: It's probably worth taking pictures of your directives at this point if you haven't had them wiped yet.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 3, 2014

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ass_Burgerer posted:

All these are legit good. Except maybe the T5 AMC, it'd just an NS-11c with 5 more rounds.

The t5 amc is actually really good and not like the ns11c.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I've been having issues lately with my light assault directive progression not being tracked. I've gotten over two hundred carbine kills but it's still sitting at 20. When I check it and go back to playing, it'll track for a little while, then it stops.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Segmentation Fault posted:

I've been having issues lately with my light assault directive progression not being tracked. I've gotten over two hundred carbine kills but it's still sitting at 20. When I check it and go back to playing, it'll track for a little while, then it stops.

Apparently my LA directives stopped tracking when I hit Master rank entirely. I'm 0/0/0/0 in everything :shrug:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Apparently if you go to that cert page it will have your old directive score so you can screenshot it. Not sure if it's updated to show the lost yet

Edit - just checked and it looks like it's updated since last night. Couldn't screenshot your progress Periphery, sorry :(

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

More like tsunderer, am i right? :blush:

"Stupid NC-kun, I'm not honking my horn because I like you something."

I'll stop.

I was gonna post this on Labor Day, but I forgot, so I present you...

Planetside 2: In Grills

NC:

TR:

VS:

(It's actually an NS grill, the VS one I found sucked).

EDIT: This directive bug sucks and I'd check my progress, but I'm not gonna risk it by checking it.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 3, 2014

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Note that they're all just 250 certs and at least the AMC and Pulsar C are quiz freebies so don't actually buy them with SC.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ass_Burgerer posted:

And an Advanced Grip, and way way way better velocity. The AMC's pretty good.

But all the carbines are really cheap so it's probably not worth buying them with SC. All of them excellent, but still, a bit much with cash even on sale.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Fart Car '97 posted:

Put this in the OP under 'Must Buy Items: Tomcat missiles'

Indeed. Purchasing tonight. Like in the olden days of the Age of Annihilators, we need to organize swarms of ESFs focus firing airspergs with Tomcats.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

LuiCypher posted:

Indeed. Purchasing tonight. Like in the olden days of the Age of Annihilators, we need to organize swarms of ESFs focus firing airspergs with Tomcats.

Jurassik and I are wingmanning with Tomcats right now and the ragetells are neverending

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I love my Tomcats. PinkVoid and his buddy were spergin' about in their skygod chariots at Allatum on Connery a week or so back, and I killed PinkVoid with them while his buddy was poo poo talking me in /yell for using no-skill locks. :allears:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Jurassik and I are wingmanning with Tomcats right now and the ragetells are neverending

I don't have locks but I kinda wanna join you

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
What's this magical cert page EHF was talking about?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Horizontal Tree posted:

I don't have locks but I kinda wanna join you

Every gank squad needs someone who can hover duel well so that the enemy stands still to be locked on to

I will also join you in this with my once beloved Ramcat loadout that is now gathering dust

Ringo Star Get posted:

What's this magical cert page EHF was talking about?

http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/

It's pretty great and under utilized

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 3, 2014

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

West007 posted:

I don't know how to not care.

I genuinely advise both playing less and finding another hobby. Serious post. I did this, it was a great idea.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

roxxor5678 posted:

Lost all of my directive progress too. I accepted a squad invite from Omuerte and deployed on him from Esamir to the Indar hellvoid about 15 seconds before the server died. I am sad and entirely blame his dumb 3 person squad.

On the bright side, the ragetells are coming hard and fast as I make my final climb to the Sniperman World Championships. As of the double XP weekend, I've decided to start saving them toward a new wall of rage. If you like this sick sort of thing, here are a couple of ragetell murals from my days as goon sniperman in a mistake called Global Agenda
http://i.imgur.com/15kEmxD.png
http://i.imgur.com/dGsbFC5.png

- so you have a billion ping?
- no billion people!

:puckout:

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth

Arghy posted:

Has anyone company run a game this badly before? i cant think of anything of this magnitude happening. Its like if everquest lost track of your levels for a few weeks and just reset to an earlier save.

Yes a 2x weekend would totally placate everyone! until the server crashes again and we lose all our new progress hahahaha.

Let me tell you about a company called CCP, and where :ccp: comes from...

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I want that Bulldog dog

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

Liberator/Galaxy:psypop:

oh Libby-senpai~~:swoon:

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

That poo poo was really deeply satisfying, almost without failing there was a rage tell per engagement, tomcats are massive fun in groups.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

These are adorable. I love the sunderer's bulldog with the walker tail. :3:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Polyakov posted:

That poo poo was really deeply satisfying, almost without failing there was a rage tell per engagement, tomcats are massive fun in groups.

Still lollin at the guy who ragepulled a Skyguard, who we then killed with our noseguns. Kill of the Day.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Polyakov posted:

Post screenshots to the thread please.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well I just hosed up and sent my flaming Sunderer over a cliff at The Crown a minute ago.

Somehow I netted like 3 Vanguard kills, a lightning kill and a sunderer kill with multiple extreme menace kills.

I still have absolutely no idea how that happened. The only thing coming to mind is that I exploded on a minefield.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Well I just hosed up and sent my flaming Sunderer over a cliff at The Crown a minute ago.

Somehow I netted like 3 Vanguard kills, a lightning kill and a sunderer kill with multiple extreme menace kills.

I still have absolutely no idea how that happened. The only thing coming to mind is that I exploded on a minefield.

Debris is our greatest weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Playing TR and being the only engineer outside a vehicle feels kind of strange. I don't know whether it's the lack of miniature anti-vehicle batteries or the complete lack of ammo packs causing everyone in TR to run out of ammo.

• Locked thread