Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
tonight the political cartoons thread learned about cucking and cuckoldry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cheerfullydrab posted:

Can you please tell me what happened to the guy from Galatianman's trip to the big city?

Last I remember, Weed, Art, and Coffee Guy Who Might Actually Be Art, I don't remember were going to the city to complain about the Giffords coverage and hosed around at an Occupy Wall Street camp for like a year and Weed 0wned some liberals at the People's Mike then they went to a bar run by Ronald Reagan and hung out there for 6 months then left and then a black guy saw one of them and figured that since he was white he must be George Zimmerman so he hit the citywide Zimmerman alarm then they ran from black people while the alarm blared for like another 6 months or something until they escaped by riding on top of a train then somehow Weed ended up in the back of a van with someone who worked for Rachel Maddow and was cutting a deal to get on her show and that's when I stopped reading.

Galatianman is high art.

e: During this time Weed would fairly often do the monologue thing another poster mentioned where he'd repeat that week's conservative outrage in front of a blank background.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 3, 2014

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Oh god its all coming back to me.

Weed quoting the rules of acquisition every other strip was amusing for a while at least.

E: Jesus gently caress giffords got shot 3 years ago and he's still on this loving plot line

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 3, 2014

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

time for some foodchat

have some rojak

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Where got?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

Where got?

http://www.springtomorrow.com/2014/01/30/tiong-bahru-market-tow-kwar-pop-%E8%B1%86%E4%B9%BE%E8%96%84-stuffed-tofu-puffs/

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Randler posted:

I'm not sure about the non-horrible part, but in the civilised world you don't count as people as long as you refuse to capitalize the first word in a sentence.

this is SA 3.4, capitalization and punctuation are a thing of the distant past

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

ReindeerF posted:

ThaiVisa should be ALOD every day for eternity.

Given that probably 90% of expats to Thailand came for the hookers, this doesn't exactly shock me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gail Wynand posted:

time for some foodchat

have some rojak

It looks like nacho poutine

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Given that probably 90% of expats to Thailand came for the hookers, this doesn't exactly shock me.
what are you talking about there is great food and beaches and temples...

...and hookers

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

It looks like nacho poutine
yeah except it contains fruit which is an exotic ingredient for goons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojak

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Probably a little high if we're including non-British :lol:

Anyway, who cares if it shocks or not? Just watch the trainwreck as it unfolds on the forums. It doesn't shock me when I'm drunk after having a few beers, but I still enjoy it!

Gail Wynand posted:

yeah except it contains fruit which is an exotic ingredient for goons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojak
Baconfruit?

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 3, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Shear Modulus posted:

Thanks for this, I'm happy because absolutely nothing happening in their quest to get on Rachel Maddow to complain about biased coverage of the Giffords shooting in the past year and a half is the most Galatianman thing ever.

Unfortunately Lance had several deaths in his family in a very short period of time and took an even longer than usual break from his cartooning. When he started putting new ones out they were mostly bad Rachel Maddow ones and as a result of this hiatus into bad quality, the thread has kinda stopped following the strip. Which has to be sad for Lance, we were basically his entire audience.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Swan Oat posted:

Across the World Wide Web, there are many forums to post on. Some are quite good, while others are bad. This can be true, of the individuals who post there, as well. Thank you.

I don't believe you. Prove it.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Experimental D&D Painless Calcification thread

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

sure, let's talk about trail running, and how goddamn annoying it is to be walking on a peaceful, scenic trail when Fitness Enthusiast runs by, almost knocking me down and destroying my precious national park experience. Very annoying in FACT

just popping in to agree that these people are THE WORST

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I joined the forums for D&D. I was 19 and Had Something To Say, which nobody would have to point out was pretty dumb. I still care about current events, I just can't bear to actually talk with anyone about it anymore. I learned a lot about sports being a bartender for years and having people ask me what I thought about this or that, especially when they caught me with a paper. I'd tell them I was just checking the NL East stats and that I hated the Braves, because that seemed to be the best way to not talk about anything in particular.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Joe awakens at 6:30 in Bumble Knob, VT. Shower, check. Shoes, check. Boot up the forums for a quick peek and then do the Peacham Pond loop.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mooyashi posted:

Joe awakens at 6:30 in Bumble Knob, VT. Shower, check. Shoes, check. Boot up the forums for a quick peek and then do the Peacham Pond loop.

It's raining right now, but this is actually a thing I do. A nice hike in the morning while listening to a podcast and sipping my coffee is a great way to start the day.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joementum posted:

It's raining right now, but this is actually a thing I do. A nice hike in the morning while listening to a podcast and sipping my coffee is a great way to start the day.

Enter Reindeer to complain that you shouldn't call it hiking if you're still bringing technology and not going far from your house.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That's fair. I'll agree to go with pretension in the other direction and call it my "morning constitutional" instead.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joementum posted:

That's fair. I'll agree to go with pretension in the other direction and call it my "morning constitutional" instead.

How's the foliage?

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
My brain just translates hiking to walking around when Americans say it now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chantilly Say posted:

How's the foliage?

Only just starting to turn in the high mountains.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Joementum posted:

Only just starting to turn in the high mountains.
Is it about the right height?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ReindeerF posted:

My brain just translates hiking to walking around when Americans say it now.

I went for a hike around KSR the other day.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I walked across the desert to a small mountain the other day. After reaching the top, I noticed that someone had spraypainted gently caress ZELDA on the rock surface. Hmm.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

sure, let's talk about trail running, and how goddamn annoying it is to be walking on a peaceful, scenic trail when Fitness Enthusiast runs by, almost knocking me down and destroying my precious national park experience. Very annoying in FACT

If his heart rate drops below OPTIMAL TRAINING RATE of 2.420x69 all his muscles will wither away and die. Think of Speed but terrible(r).

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ReindeerF posted:

The Auspol thread is probably the funniest thread that I don't read. Those guys are loving hysterical. Every time I pop in they're up to something zany and/or stupid. Uncle Wong's Cabin is also pretty loving hilarious.

could I interest you in some vancouver property sir??

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Sorta related but I saw someone describe themselves as a "swimmer of rivers and lakes" as part of their interests what the gently caress

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 3, 2014

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

If his heart rate drops below OPTIMAL TRAINING RATE of 2.420x69 all his muscles will wither away and die. Think of Speed but terrible(r).

Pfft cardio is catabolic now excuse me while I go eat a Big Mac. DIRTY BULK

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Israel thread (!) Is better than the Michael Brown thread

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
^^^was there an I/P thread when there was a Trayvon thread? If there was I guarantee it was better than the Trayvon thread holy poo poo that one was bad. I didn't even bother to read the Michael Brown thread. It was basically that that made me stop getting news from forums and focus on DemocracyNow & political podcasts

My morning routine is as follows:

Wake up
Make breakfast for the family (me/wife/cat)
Clean the cat box
Set out the cat's toys
Check forums while wife's in the shower
Shower & shave
Play with Catte so she's not sad during the day
Boot up podcasts
Go to work

I am the morning person in my family, and I very well may have been a housewife in a past life, because my brain is broken and I enjoy cleaning

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

LF was always kinda hosed up. But it did have funny threads every now and then.

I didn't go to the forum much, because it made me uncomfortable, but the thread that will always stick in my memory is the one where the OP posted a essay project in the forums- about how men are bad by nature (or something) and to prove they are not. And he ended the post with "Fuuuuuuuck"

The second post was just "Post the transcript to Encounter at Farpoint"

Had me lollin.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gail Wynand posted:

Pfft cardio is catabolic now excuse me while I go eat a Big Mac. DIRTY BULK

Fitness culture is just as hosed up and spergy as any other hobby. Except bronies and furries. Nothing is as hosed up as sexualizing ponies and fur suits.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
We need some sort of Trayvon Martin thread survivor gang tag because that thread was a hot mess. That said, it did purge a nonzero number of neo Nazis out of the forums.

I hurt my hand a few weeks ago slinging fuel for a Chump Car race. I squatted for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday and took it easy. I FORGOT HOW DOMS FEELS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh yeah, my last grandparent just died so I get to do 1300 miles in the car in like 2 days. Anyone have suggestions for podcasts?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DemeaninDemon posted:

Fitness culture is just as hosed up and spergy as any other hobby. Except bronies and furries. Nothing is as hosed up as sexualizing ponies and fur suits.

Fitness culture sounds a lot like equestrian culture at the start of the last century.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

At last Vox has fulfilled the purpose for which it was created.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

visceril posted:

^^^was there an I/P thread when there was a Trayvon thread? If there was I guarantee it was better than the Trayvon thread holy poo poo that one was bad. I didn't even bother to read the Michael Brown thread. It was basically that that made me stop getting news from forums and focus on DemocracyNow & political podcasts

My morning routine is as follows:

The Trayvon thread is why my morning routine no longer involves resolving reported forum posts.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

After reading about 4chan, perhaps you'd like to try some Full Communism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

The Trayvon thread is why my morning routine no longer involves resolving reported forum posts.

Tell us horror stories from being in The poo poo.

• Locked thread