Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Volkerball posted:

January to August, but after April things get really spread out with the knockout stages.

MLS season starts around March runs thru October so if we were to join the teams from MLS would be in preseason mode at the start and busy with the season if they make it to the knockout stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Portland Timbers vs Boca or River or Penarol or Flamengo or Fluminense or anyone oh god pleaaaaaaaase

Portland vs. Fluminense, who can have the most obnoxious, entitled fans?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Dissolve CONMEBOL and CONCACAF. Make CONMACAF.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Badger of Basra posted:

Portland vs. Fluminense, who can have the most obnoxious, entitled fans?

But that's not Seattle.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Here's this week Liga MX post

Last week Results
Guadalajara 0 - 1 Santos Laguna
Toluca 3 - 0 Pachuca
América 3 - 2 Morelia
Atlas 1 - 0 Universidad Guadalajara
Monterrey 3 - 1 Cruz Azul
Puebla 1 - 1 Tigres UANL
Querétaro 0 - 0 Veracruz
Tijuana 2 - 1 Chiapas

This week games (all times CST/-5 UCT)

Friday, August 22, 2014
7:30 PM
Morelia v Tigres UANL
9:30 PM
Santos Laguna v Toluca
Saturday, August 23, 2014
5:00 PM
Cruz Azul v Querétaro
Veracruz v Guadalajara
7:00 PM
Monterrey v Puebla
8:06 PM
Pachuca v Atlas
9:00 PM
Chiapas v América
Sunday, August 24, 2014
12:00 PM
Pumas v Tijuana
Universidad Guadalajara v León

Current Table

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I need to share this with all of you (Rafael Moura, on tonight's match against Atlético-MG):

https://vine.co/v/MLxuAhKAFYQ

Amazing.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
"A 10 in the Deivid scale" lmao

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Atletico won 1-0. loving :laffo:

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Velez beat 4-0 Independiente tonight and this was the third:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHWxjwbPQI

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
drat, Arena Corinthians is packed. Lots of Copa do Brasil games kicking off right now.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Watching Palmeiras - CAM right now, I'm surprised it's still tied.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bragantino got the away goal. Corinthians immediately subbed on Romarinho and Renato Augusto. If Corinthians get knocked out in the round of 16 to a serie B side, I will laugh.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Bragantino got the away goal. Corinthians immediately subbed on Romarinho and Renato Augusto. If Corinthians get knocked out in the round of 16 to a serie B side, I will laugh.

Corinthianshited?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That game was awesome. First 20 minutes it looked like Bragantino wasn't even going to show up, but they weathered the storm and managed to play really well at the end. Chances all over the place, and the goal was beautiful.

93' red card

Also Flamengo still sucks apparently.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Copa Sudamericana: Cobresal (CHI) vs General Diaz (PAR)

The visitors hit first, then Cobresal equalize. A while later General Diaz go ahead again. Afterwards on a play that was ruled offside the General Diaz central defenders got into a shoving match among themselves and they were both sent off. In the end after playing like an hour with 2 more players, Cobresal managed to equalize with a pretty nice goal.

The fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNH_AzX2WA0

The goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h532LH6pxjU

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Looks like third time wasn't a charm. Boca Juniors just sacked Carlos Bianchi.
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/168274/carlos-bianchi-sacked-as-boca-juniors-coach

Anybody knows any experienced and cheap manager available?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This week's Liga MX post

Last week Results
Pumas 1 - 1 Tijuana
Universidad Guadalajara 1 - 0 León
Chiapas 0 - 0 América
Cruz Azul 2 - 1 Querétaro
Monterrey 1 - 0 Puebla
Pachuca 3 - 1 Atlas
Veracruz 0 - 0 Guadalajara
Morelia 1 - 5 Tigres UANL
Santos Laguna 3 - 0 Toluca

This week games (all times CST/-5 UCT)

Friday, August 29, 2014
7:30 PM
Querétaro v Monterrey
9:30 PM
Tijuana v Universidad Guadalajara
Saturday, August 30, 2014
América v Pumas
Puebla v Morelia
7:00 PM
Tigres UANL v Chiapas
8:06 PM
León v Pachuca
9:00 PM
Atlas v Santos Laguna
Sunday, August 31, 2014
12:00 PM
Toluca v Veracruz
Guadalajara v Cruz Azul

Oh yeah only one game next week so I'll post it this week. On why I don't know but both Guadalajara teams are one game behind everyone so am guessing the original game was cancelled to a later date which is next week.
Sunday, September 7, 2014
Guadalajara v Universidad Guadalajara

Current Table

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Sorry for the double post but in the 66min of the Queretaro Monterrey match half the stadium lights went out and it look like the game will be abandoned with Monterrey winning 1-0.

EDIT: It seems they abandoned the match and gave the win to Monterrey.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 30, 2014

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Belgrano finally won a game :toot:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

River are playing really well, San Lorenzo just collapsed. I'm impressed by their supporters though, impressive singing even though their team was imploding on the pitch.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I think this was rivers worst game this season and they still managed to win by a good margin. If they manage to keep this up there's no way they don't win the league.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

hecko posted:

Looks like third time wasn't a charm. Boca Juniors just sacked Carlos Bianchi.
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/168274/carlos-bianchi-sacked-as-boca-juniors-coach

Anybody knows any experienced and cheap manager available?

Get Borghi and make him come back with Riquelme

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Not even 24 hours later the club already had a successor, Arruabarrena is the new manager. They beat Velez 3-1 and like always happens when a squad doesn't like a manager they magically start to play better the minute after the he's fired.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Are you PUMPED for the Copa Centroamericana 2014? Of course not, but I'm still going to tell you about it.

The Copa Centroamericana is the competition where the 7 mighty members of UNCAF (Costa Rica, Honduras, Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Belize) fight for 5 spots in the Gold Cup. This year it's special because the winner will qualify for the Copa América Centenario.

Since Pinto left in a cloud of stupid drama, it is Chope's turn to manage CR and anything but a win will be considered a huge failure. Speaking of failure, Navas is unavailable and Alvarado is injured so we are stuck with Patrick "The Statue" Pemberton on goal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I imagine this competition is mostly a battle between Honduras and Costa Rica?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Pretty much. Used to be El Sal and Guate too, but now the other contender is Panama.

We have been in the final every time in the current format (5 times). Won 3, lost one to Honduras and one to Panama.

Last time was awesome because Belize made it out of the groups for the first time.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I could actually go to one of these games, but I'm not sure if I want to bother. Two hour drive to El Salvador/Belize or a four hour drive to Costa Rica/Panama...

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

CR-Panama should be good but not sure if it's worth a 4 hour drive if you're a neutral. El Sal games should have a good atmosphere in theory because there are loads of Salvadoreans in the US and they're crazy about their fail thug oval office team.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Get ready for some highlights set to inappropriately epic music

Costa Rica 3 - 0 Nicaragua
Second goal was nice, I miss the days when everyone scored 5+ on Nicaragua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4FzNKI_Ruw

Belize 2 - 0 Belize
:laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1yKHalyDdM

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

In Brazil news, Gremio just got kicked out of the Copa do Brasil for their fans racially abusing Santos' goalkeeper (link is in Portuguese).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Came here to post about Honduras - Belize, loving lol

Also I didn't put it together that they were playing this in the USA. Do they always do that? Seems like it would be less travel if you did it in the actual countries that are being represented.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Also I didn't put it together that they were playing this in the USA. Do they always do that? Seems like it would be less travel if you did it in the actual countries that are being represented.

Chuck Blazer probably set it up like this and they forgot to change it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

First time and probably last because everyone seems to hate it. I hear the Nicaraguans were even missing players due to visa issues.

Guate beat El Sal 2-1, they're all cunts and the corpse of Pescadito Ruiz didn't score but lives to play another day.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Drogadon posted:

First time and probably last because everyone seems to hate it. I hear the Nicaraguans were even missing players due to visa issues.

This is just perfect.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Chile - Haiti next week in Ft. Lauderdale. We're going to go to that, I'm curious how many fans will show up.

Bravo, Medel, Vidal, Sanchez :getin:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

While theres only one game this week due to the international break and a Mexico game tonight there is some interesting news involving Queretaro trying to Ronaldinho, there was some rumors of him signing with a MLS team but it seem Queretaro offered more money.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
What happened with Ronaldinho at Atletico was similar to what happened when he was at Milan: a brief resurgence in hopes of getting a call up for the world cup, and then a steep drop in performance after it became clear he wasn't going. He left Atletico because he was paid too much to be a reserve, and ended up being rejected from other Brazilian clubs because of his demands. At Palmeiras, for example, he wanted a high salary plus 10% of all gross gate receipts.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
More than anything, I think his brother is to blame.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

We drew 2-2 against Panama. We played like total poo poo so we have officially woken up from the World Cup dream.

Guate are currently beating Belize 1-0 at half time with a good goal by the fish corpse.

e: loving lmao another own goal and this one was even more ridiculous

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Are the Delys still coaching Panama?