Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

g0t_hats posted:

I was there when he got swatted, I know who did it. I was simply stating that it wasn't me or anyone else from myg0t. Chill.

He used Skype, he was connected to a VPN and he lives in another country. Even though most of his personal info is out there and has been posted he doesn't seem worried.

Do you know what accessory means?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Do you know what accessory means?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)

I was in the Teamspeak when he talked about it after the fact. I wasn't in the Skype call.

For the record I'm not talking about Kootra, I'm talking about Whiteboy7thst.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

g0t_hats posted:

I was there when he got swatted, I know who did it. I was simply stating that it wasn't me or anyone else from myg0t. Chill.

I just guessed that off of who posted videos of the swatting/people commenting on the videos, my bad. :)

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Not the fanciest or meanest grief, but in Warframe (nerd fantasy fulfilment space ninjas), there's one ninja body you can wear (frame) called Vauban that has an ability that throws down a little ball, and if you step on it you get bounced. If you stick it to a wall it'll bounce away from the wall. Also if you upgrade it it'll bounce 3 times before it's used up.
It seems there isn't really a limit to how many you can put down, because they last forever as far as I can tell.
So I just spam stick these bouncer balls to everything in a map and annoy the piss out of pubbies and my pals. You end up not being able to move a few feet without hitting at least a couple of em. The enemies set em off too so they'll be pingballing around too.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Fattest PI posted:

Not the fanciest or meanest grief, but in Warframe (nerd fantasy fulfilment space ninjas), there's one ninja body you can wear (frame) called Vauban that has an ability that throws down a little ball, and if you step on it you get bounced. If you stick it to a wall it'll bounce away from the wall. Also if you upgrade it it'll bounce 3 times before it's used up.
It seems there isn't really a limit to how many you can put down, because they last forever as far as I can tell.
So I just spam stick these bouncer balls to everything in a map and annoy the piss out of pubbies and my pals. You end up not being able to move a few feet without hitting at least a couple of em. The enemies set em off too so they'll be pingballing around too.

You can spam them on a downed player to make it impossible to revive him before he bleeds out, you can also start a survival mission and put bounce on the console you start the mission with, making it impossible for the team to activate the console to start the mission.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
In a perfect world, they'd emit an exaggerated pogo stick boing! whenever they were activated.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually they do make a vaguely springy noise!

:troll:

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 4, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Actually they do make a vaguely springy noise!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Last time I played, they basically did. It was definitely a satisfying techy sounding "boing."

Dunno if they still have these things in-game, but Warframe has/used to have co-op gates to make sure at least two people were making progress at the same time. The guys I played with and I started calling these pubbie doors, because we'd occasionally get a pubbo as a 4th player, and we'd always find them waiting (im)patiently at these doors, waiting for one of us to hit the other button and let 'em through. Once I finally got Vauban, things changed. I would put a bounce pad/ball/whatever on both of the buttons and laugh as the pubbie kept bouncing away from the panels they need to press. We would wait outside of the extraction zone (the little area EVERYONE needs to stand in so the level can end) so I could carpet the area in bounce pads.

Eventually it escalated to a point where we were loving with each other instead of just pubbies. Bounce pads used to (probably still do) behave strangely when you stick them to your allies, so naturally I chucked bounce pads everywhere in an attempt to stick as many bounce pads as possible to my allies' asses. They'd bounce away from the point of impact, but the little visual indicator of the bounce pad actually hung in midair. Truth is, it was actually still stuck to their character, so they'd mysteriously bounce around a couple more times. You could throw a couple bounce pads on a door before it opened, and render it impassable until the bounces had expired.

Then we started to get creative. There was another frame (character to play as) called Valkyr, and she had a skill that more or less amounted to being the hookshot from Zelda games. You could either tether yourself up to places by shooting her tether thing at room geometry, or you could grab enemies (and other players) and drag them over to you. Pulling people off of cliffs was never very effective, or easy to do in the first place. However, theoretically launching them into orbit with well placed bounce pads from a fellow Vauban and using Valkyr to hookshot them into the first one would have been pretty cool. We never got it to work, but it would have been amazing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The part where he keeps showing a picture of a penis to a child is hosed up but the rest is pretty funny

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmt8HsHWSU&feature=youtu.be

some new poo poo

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Phuzzy posted:

Public Vent Servers face the wrath of the Earl of Lemongrab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0WQ9rqui0

I have to admit that Server 3, when people were getting it and laughing/playing along, was the best part.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
So ArcheAge is a new MMO getting released in 2 weeks and I think we'll get some good stories out of it. From the FAQ :

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/ posted:

Are players allowed to scam other players in-game in ArcheAge?

Yes. ArcheAge is a highly competitive PvP game and skullduggery will be a weapon of choice just as sharp as a sword and possibly even more potent.

Will be interesting to see a game that has a more standard MMO structure where scamming allowed. Did anyone get to try the alpha or beta?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Promoted Pawn posted:

I have to admit that Server 3, when people were getting it and laughing/playing along, was the best part.

Most Vent harassments are okay, but the ones like that where people play along and have fun with it are the best.

An old one, but a great example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AkIfgioA4

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Most Vent harassments are okay, but the ones like that where people play along and have fun with it are the best.

An old one, but a great example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AkIfgioA4

Yeah those people didn't get it, they were just dense enough to think it was a bug.

EDIT: One of my favourite Vent griefing videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAGtQ97GrdA

"Hardware found?!"

RatHat fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 4, 2014

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Promoted Pawn posted:

I really liked the part where the guy politely asks him to leave and he does, it came out of nowhere.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

g0t_hats posted:

Isn't the investigation still ongoing? If you know who did it, couldn't you just like, tell the police?

I consider swatting pretty much a form of attempted murder, considering how the police seem over there.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

RatHat posted:

Yeah those people didn't get it, they were just dense enough to think it was a bug.

That's true, but they have fun with it anyway. That's part of what makes the video so awesome

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

dogstile posted:

Isn't the investigation still ongoing? If you know who did it, couldn't you just like, tell the police?

I did.

dogstile posted:

I consider swatting pretty much a form of attempted murder, considering how the police seem over there.

Lmfao.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

"Nah, you're old poo poo by now." That was easy, so have some criticism to go along with the much-needed attention/abuse tithe:

Criticism:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmt8HsHWSU&feature=youtu.be
Where's the grief? The linked video is a few seconds of yelling accompanying some potentially-related(???) TF2 footage. That is not griefing. It does sound like a human voice speaking colloquial English, and maybe a person actually was upset, but did anything actually interesting happen? What entertaining story led up to those events? What clever things did someone do in the context of an online multiplayer game in order to bring about that reaction? Is there anything even remotely meaningful to connect with the incoherent-rage that could make that worthwhile to watch? What are the viewers supposed to gain from watching that video?

Criticism:"some new poo poo"
...says nothing, which is not new. Does anyone actually gain anything from reading the poo poo [g0t_hats] spews? You seem to be so fixated on your own enjoyment of 'reactions' (i.e. schadenfreude) that you fail to realize this is not your twitter or 4chan or ICQ or wherever your circlejerk buddies hang out and swap reaction videos. Looking closely you might find this is a "...discussion thread" so if you're going to participate in the discussion it would be beneficial for all involved if you would contribute something actually worth reading/watching and discussing.

Commentary:"lmfao"
I realize that it would be futile to make a serious response or expect one in return or try to persuade someone not to be a obnoxious moron, so I won't. This is a humorous attempt to move the conversation along and steer things back to the actual topic but that doesn't mean you can't deny or dismiss whatever you want, simply that this is not an argument and you are not allowed to win. Several others have already pointed out that you've only posted worthless 'content' so you can't not have noticed; have you actually read the content of this thread? If it makes you feel better to get the last word then go right ahead, just make sure it's a good word. Maybe think about developing some conversational skills, because if you just keep monotonously lunging for reactions by spamming garbage links and mediocre jabs then whine and make excuses when the reactions are not to your liking, you may find a disappointing lack of variety and intensity of reactions.

It took a bit of editing to keep this from sounding like a personal attack or backseat modding, so if all these comma-spliced sentences make the subject difficult to understand, I'll try translating it into your language:

"You're bad at trolling so quit being a stupid attention whore and shut up or quit being a stupid attention whore and go away."

"Does the phrase 'lurk before posting' sound in any way familiar?"

"Your only good videos will be filmed in a criminal court, where you're the star."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you have somehow made yourself look worse than the guy who said he was gonna rape a five year old

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

silentsnack posted:

"Nah, you're old poo poo by now." That was easy, so have some criticism to go along with the much-needed attention/abuse tithe:

Where's the grief? The linked video is a few seconds of yelling accompanying some potentially-related(???) TF2 footage. That is not griefing. It does sound like a human voice speaking colloquial English, and maybe a person actually was upset, but did anything actually interesting happen? What entertaining story led up to those events? What clever things did someone do in the context of an online multiplayer game in order to bring about that reaction? Is there anything even remotely meaningful to connect with the incoherent-rage that could make that worthwhile to watch? What are the viewers supposed to gain from watching that video?

...says nothing, which is not new. Does anyone actually gain anything from reading the poo poo [g0t_hats] spews? You seem to be so fixated on your own enjoyment of 'reactions' (i.e. schadenfreude) that you fail to realize this is not your twitter or 4chan or ICQ or wherever your circlejerk buddies hang out and swap reaction videos. Looking closely you might find this is a "...discussion thread" so if you're going to participate in the discussion it would be beneficial for all involved if you would contribute something actually worth reading/watching and discussing.

I realize that it would be futile to make a serious response or expect one in return or try to persuade someone not to be a obnoxious moron, so I won't. This is a humorous attempt to move the conversation along and steer things back to the actual topic but that doesn't mean you can't deny or dismiss whatever you want, simply that this is not an argument and you are not allowed to win. Several others have already pointed out that you've only posted worthless 'content' so you can't not have noticed; have you actually read the content of this thread? If it makes you feel better to get the last word then go right ahead, just make sure it's a good word. Maybe think about developing some conversational skills, because if you just keep monotonously lunging for reactions by spamming garbage links and mediocre jabs then whine and make excuses when the reactions are not to your liking, you may find a disappointing lack of variety and intensity of reactions.

It took a bit of editing to keep this from sounding like a personal attack or backseat modding, so if all these comma-spliced sentences make the subject difficult to understand, I'll try translating it into your language:

"You're bad at trolling so quit being a stupid attention whore and shut up or quit being a stupid attention whore and go away."

"Your only good videos will be filmed in a criminal court, where you're the star."
Look at this fuckin nerd.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

silentsnack posted:

A BIG BABY POST

Why don't you just get the hint and :frogout:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

silentsnack posted:

What is this? I can tell it's poo poo and dumb, but beyond that I have no idea, can someone tell me what this is?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I'm not sure how you guys hosed up (and keep loving up) trying to own someone who literally said they would rape a five year old.

Maybe buy him another avatar, even though he posts exclusively in this thread. :thumbsup:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gimme your lunch money

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

silentsnack posted:

same

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that post is almost as embarrassing as kimani's 'so you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what' post

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

silentsnack posted:

It is you. You are griefing this thread.

Anyway, content:
Taunting after kills in TF2 will never get old. Especially when you have weapons named "Scout-Fucker 9000" and "No Fun Allowed" when you're wrecking the opposing team as a demo. Of course, it tends to get way out of hand when said opposing team goes all heavy and sucks the life out of the server. Pretty fun watching people rage on and on after a few taunts and just letting the hatespeech flow out.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Pyro is a great griefing class. The flare gun in particular is great for killing scouts from across the map seconds before they get to a health pack. Plus airblast fucks up soldiers, demos and annoys spies no end.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

silentsnack posted:

I uploaded a 7sec clip cause I thought it was funny. Did you write all of that and expect me to care or something? drat. Sorry to disappoint you. Thanks for the laugh though, much appreciated. :bravo:

Anyways, back to the griefs. I've been playing a ton of Dark Souls 2 and you can do lots of funny stuff with cheat engine. Infinite health/stamina, kill NPCs that don't respawn, teleport, kill people after they've summoned you to help them fight bosses and lots of other things. It's hilarious.

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 5, 2014

ADMRL Perkins
Jul 1, 2008
Nothing you have ever posted has been funny. Please leave. You make funny places unfunny.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

ADMRL Perkins posted:

Nothing you have ever posted has been funny. Please leave. You make funny places unfunny.

Whats your deal dude?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

A Classy Ghost posted:

So ArcheAge is a new MMO getting released in 2 weeks and I think we'll get some good stories out of it. From the FAQ :

Will be interesting to see a game that has a more standard MMO structure where scamming allowed. Did anyone get to try the alpha or beta?

It's going to be a bit more like EVE than anything, I think. It has a number of protected resources and safety locations that require in-game upkeep(you can pay for them with in-game resources, and use in-game resources to buy elite bonuses, and I think buy in-game money with actual money[?]), but aside from that, it's anything goes out on the high seas and the numerous islands amongst. Expect any kind of goon supersquad shenanigans to go as well as they do anywhere else.

Oh, and also, if something isn't in a protected zone, it's up for grabs. Taking every little hidey hole and back path and inaccessible jump might lead you to some poor sperg's potato farm, and you can loot the poo poo out of it. There's also a jail system where you serve minutes of time, can escape, or earn your in-game labor points while in jail; it's a real choke on the fun nozzle, but nothing that isn't more or less a token effort. And that's only if you're caught.

Can't speak much for the video, but he sure griefed you something hard :smuggo:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

ADMRL Perkins posted:

wrong

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

ADMRL Perkins posted:

the content he posts is better than the people who don't post anything

kids getting mad about rules:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4avCYpqKTn8

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Tardcore posted:

What is this? I can tell it's poo poo and dumb, but beyond that I have no idea, can someone tell me what this is?
20% Buffoonery 80% pratfall, apparently.

g0t_hats posted:

Did you write all of that and expect me to care or something?
Of course not, and I explicitly said so.

Scyantific posted:

It is you. You are griefing this thread.
^ That was not my intent;

v This was.

ADMRL Perkins posted:

Please leave.
v As was this.

Scyantific posted:

Anyway, content:

There have been a lot of EVE Online griefs posted here (Hulkageddon, Burn Jita) but I don't remember seeing The Badger Lockdown.

It was a few years ago and operated on a much smaller scale but targeted the same prey: carebears, the people who sit in High-Security space (NPC police kill anyone who attacks another player, with exceptions) and try to make spacemoney doing repetitive things (mining and missions). Most of the mechanics have been explained dozens of times but this one works by the theft exception which works like this: "steal someone's stuff and leave it sitting out in the open, if they steal it back you can kill them" which is a popular pastime known as 'can-flipping' and is about the easiest grief that people still fall for all the time.

Except instead of destroying their ship you cripple it and immobilize it for as long as you want or until the servers reboot, and instead of a combat ship you use a Badger Mk. II cargo hauler. If you blow them up they will usually rage for a few minutes and then log out and come back to mine again another day. If you keep them trapped they will whine and beg and scream, unable to move or fight or take any action other than self-destructing their ship. This is often a good time to taunt them or demand ransom, but with the right target and the right loadout you can just lock them down and alt-tab out to do something else while they rage for hours.

How many other games are there where the system itself will automatically grief for you?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The fact g0t_hats keeps making people mad in a griefing thread is the most meta grief

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
This thread has an unexpected number of SJWs out to get mean old Mr mygot. #gamergate in here. Tbh he's holding to more traditional goon values

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

This thread has an unexpected number of SJWs out to get mean old Mr mygot. #gamergate in here. Tbh he's holding to more traditional goon values

What the gently caress does #gamergate or "SJWs" have to do with anything in this thread?

e: "goon values" is a bit of an oxymoron, don't you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
holy gently caress you guys are terrible

• Locked thread