Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
From an article on themetapicture titled "How to Properly:smuggo: Use These 10 Every Day Objects In Other Ways".

Use your old credit cards as guitar picks! By the way, buy The PickmasterTM!

Glue bottle caps to an old mirror to make something that looks like a cheap elementary school project.

I honestly like this application.

This is just ugly as sin.

So is this. Is it supposed to be a centerpiece or the world's most inefficient hand mirror?

You know what I love? Stumbling around in the dark after using the bathroom trying to find the edge of the bed. Three out of five times, my knee finds it first. I love splinters too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

kinmik posted:

So is this. Is it supposed to be a centerpiece or the world's most inefficient hand mirror?
Are they plastic spoon heads? That looks like something you'd fine at the dump.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

kinmik posted:

You know what I love? Stumbling around in the dark after using the bathroom trying to find the edge of the bed. Three out of five times, my knee finds it first. I love splinters too.

Pallet hacks only appeal to people who have never interacted with a pallet.

"Wow, I just got some nasty wood with rusty nails sticking out of it, for free!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Also: I want the underneath of my mattress to be totally shredded and the area under it to fill with dust bunnies and spiders.

'Course, what you really wanna do it cable tie a bunch of milk crates together.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Memento posted:

Are they plastic spoon heads? That looks like something you'd fine at the dump.
No. It's art, you pleb.

Those are less "life hacks" and more "ugly-rear end crafts", so

There's just so much wrong with this.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Second-hand sparkles are a serious health risk.

RoboSpy
Sep 2, 2011

kinmik posted:

There's just so much wrong with this.

That would actually be pretty loving funny.

Lifehack: Make your smoking friends feel really uncomfortable about smoking around you by insisting on twirling a sparkler around like a six-year-old while they do it.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

RoboSpy posted:

That would actually be pretty loving funny.

Lifehack: Make your smoking friends feel really uncomfortable about smoking around you by insisting on twirling a sparkler around like a six-year-old while they do it.

What kind of friend doesn't bring enough sparklers for everyone?

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

RaspberryCommie posted:

What kind of friend doesn't bring enough sparklers for everyone?

Trying to maintain a sparkler habit gets really expensive really fast. Unless you buy in bulk that poo poo aint cheap.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

this one is the best because it is the worst. Sorry Brenda, no matter how much sandra lee you read you don't get to be an artist now please take out your trash

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rare Collectable posted:

Trying to maintain a sparkler habit gets really expensive really fast. Unless you buy in bulk that poo poo aint cheap.

Gripe to your smoking friends about the price of sparklers these days

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Or use a knife. I've noticed people are a bit obsessed with using pizza cutters as "life hacks"

Or use a goddamn regular string! Goddammit! It's cheaper than dental floss!

Edit: Oh dear,God. What? http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2014/05/kitchen-hack-how-to-use-dental-floss-when-youre-cooking.html

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Sep 3, 2014

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This one isn't too bad, but I would think you'd have to keep refilling those things constantly at a party. Better off just leaving the ketchup, mustard, etc. in it's regular bottle.

Here's one where most of the hacks aren't hacks, just lists of things that are available at O'Hare Airport. A few are good recommendations, but most are dumb, or not even available to 95% of people at O'Hare.

http://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/chicago/o-hare-chicago-airport-hacks-tips-parking-wi-fi-and-more

#1 - Probably a good tip, but really it's not about the charger, it's because Tortas Frontera is the best place to eat in the airport.
#2 - A hack that involves using your United Airlines membership card, that I'm sure everyone has. What a hack!
#3 - A hack for people who are so desperate for a drink they have to do so while standing in line.
#4 - This one is ok, but involves what is likely to be very limited street parking, and then using a hotel shuttle for free. Probably the least dumb one, but I wouldn't use it if you're pressed for time.
#5 - This hotel isn't really inside the airport, it's like a good 15 minute walk from the terminals and will include a security check on your way back.
#6 - Another great hack for people who already have a specific credit card, fantastic!
#7 - Not a bad recommendation, but walking terminal to terminal takes time as well.
#8 - Again, not a hack, just a feature that O'Hare offers.
#9 - Another non-hack, and only in one specific terminal
#10 - Free wifi, great! Except it only applies to Time Warner customers. Time Warner doesn't serve the Chicago area, or most of the Midwest for that matter.
#11 - I've been stuck at terminal #2 before, sometimes it's great, sometimes not. It's the shortest, but moves slower because they have less staff there. Probably not worth going all the way over to a separate terminal to save yourself 5-10 minutes in security, you'll spend more time walking.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Meltathon posted:

This one isn't too bad, but I would think you'd have to keep refilling those things constantly at a party. Better off just leaving the ketchup, mustard, etc. in it's regular bottle.

I'm sure they already sell stuff like that for condiments that looks way more prettier. And yeah, it's much better to keep everything on its regular bottle.

Also, this:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

So it's a fancier (hah!) TV dinner. For the dessert brownie thing it looks like they just filled up one of the tins in two different pans and baked it like that. That's really...counter-intuitive. Also a really excellent way to incorporate teflon shavings into your "meal".

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

Or use a goddamn regular string! Goddammit! It's cheaper than dental floss!

Edit: Oh dear,God. What? http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2014/05/kitchen-hack-how-to-use-dental-floss-when-youre-cooking.html

Nooooo, this is one of the few good ones! Floss is waxed so it glides through more easily.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

MorgaineDax posted:

Nooooo, this is one of the few good ones! Floss is waxed so it glides through more easily.

Please don't tell me you tie your chicken with floss? :psyduck:

kinmik posted:

So it's a fancier (hah!) TV dinner. For the dessert brownie thing it looks like they just filled up one of the tins in two different pans and baked it like that. That's really...counter-intuitive. Also a really excellent way to incorporate teflon shavings into your "meal".

Bingo! In the site I found those, they cooked everything in separated pans.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

uh oh mom's drunk again

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
So do you put it on a heatproof mat on your lap, wait until all the food goes cold, or serve the hot food on a normal plate?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Stottie Kyek posted:

So do you put it on a heatproof mat on your lap, wait until all the food goes cold, or serve the hot food on a normal plate?

You throw it in the host's face and storm out, vowing to never attend one of their lovely parties ever again.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stottie Kyek posted:

I imagine you wait until it's at an appropriate (e.g. "not flesh-searing") temperature, then dump the tray on the floor and eat the food off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MorgaineDax posted:

The page specifically says to use unwaxed floss.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Stottie Kyek posted:

burn your dick and cut it up with a pizza cutter

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

EXAKT Science posted:

The page specifically says to use unwaxed floss.
It says to use unscented floss, so that there's no impact on the taste.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Rad Tad posted:

burn your dick and cut it up with a pizza cutter

Afterwards turn your dick in to a beautiful centerpiece using plastic spoons.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
O'Hare lifehack: show up on time so you board the plane right when you show up so you spend minimum time in that poo poo hole

Extra hack: do hallucinogens and hang out in that neon lit tunnel with mirror walls and moving sidewalks

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

I read that unflavored, unwaxed dental floss works as an extra strong thread on some lifehack post. My sister is autistic and has a stuffed rabbit with some weak stitching in parts. After 10 years, that bunny was falling apart and my mother's attempts to stitch it back together kept coming loose. She tried all sorts of thread and yarns to no success.

I suggested dental floss and the rabbit has held together for years now. :3:

You win this time, life hacks.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

When I make pancakes, they're soft and fluffy enough that even the side of the fork is enough to cut them. Just press and scoop. You could eat them with a spoon if you wanted.

Oh poo poo, new life hack!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

Please don't tell me you tie your chicken with floss? :psyduck:

I cut my homemade cinnamon buns with waxed floss, just as my mom taught me and her mom taught her. :colbert:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I imagine you wait until it's at an appropriate (e.g. "not flesh-searing") temperature, then dump the tray on the floor and eat the food off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

I'm seriously waiting for a 'Better nate than lever' version of this.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

MorgaineDax posted:

I cut my homemade cinnamon buns with waxed floss, just as my mom taught me and her mom taught her. :colbert:
I do this too. One time I was feeling all "gently caress this I just wanna be done" and cut the log with a knife and all the cinnamon filling squirted out. Saddest buns ever. :(

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

MorgaineDax posted:

:colbert: We use a bread knife because floss hadn't reach my country when my grandma was in her prime. drat to hell third world countries.

But just as I learned a new use for floss, I just learned that pans can save your life!

They work for anything!!

Make your parties fancier

And you can even serve soup!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i think alton brown mentioned the dental floss thing so if it's good enough for him it's good enough for everyone else

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Desperado Bones posted:

And you can even serve soup!

Wha... do your guests just all lean over the pan together with spoons?

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Wha... do your guests just all lean over the pan together with spoons?

Of course not, you cut out the cups after you've carried the tray across the room.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Maybe you're supposed to put it in the freezer, and it's actually a stealth ice cube tray hack.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Nope. It came from a blog, with this recipe:

quote:

Toddler Friendly Easy Chicken Soup

If using raw chicken, place diced chicken in your saucepan with onion, garlic and a couple tablespoons of water. Cover and cook.

Once the chicken is cooked, I removed the chicken, rinsed and put back in the pan minus the onion. You know, doing everything one can to keep the toddler happy.

Add broth, carrots and celery and bring to boil. Simmer until vegetables and cooked, but still crunchy. Add noodles, cook for 5 minutes and serve.

I don't know what type of mother serves soup in a muffin pan that to their child.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Desperado Bones posted:

Nope. It came from a blog, with this recipe:

I don't know what type of mother serves soup in a muffin pan that to their child.

But... that's pretty obviously Campbell's Chicken Noodle... what are these mommybloggers hiding? :stare:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

This makes me unreasonably angry. It's the opposite of a hack. It would make your life HARDER.

Having an orgy? Dump all your guests on the floor and eat their genitals off the floor like an animal you piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010