Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Zsinjeh posted:

It's kind of telling how delusional fans of this podcast are getting when they think repeated jokes from kindergarten is the next level of "comedy". If this is the kind of humor that is going to continue in this show I hope it dies along with the other lovely shows in Earwolf. I mean, honestly, this guy loves chemicals so much he might as well be a Walter White over here.

It is kind of telling at that I was actually getting bothered by this post until I got to the end and realized you're a good person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Feel free to be angry at me, I legit hate the repetition. At least PFT made it about the setup and quickly muttered through the repeated line because he is a considerate, not-time-wasting and funny person and also gently caress Harris Wittels. (I really did end up skipping 306 after that bit.)

On the other hand, PFT does nothing to alleviate my hatred of the cantina music bit. It was funny the very first time they did it and never since. The Spidermen 2 character was also insufferable. Grumpysadface.

(Fun episode though! Thumbs up! PFT is great and I really enjoyed HR Geiger again!)

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Mostly I just feel bad for you.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Who Said It: Hee-Hee, Shamone, Where's Lisa Marie?, Dah!, Where's Dem Elephant Bones?, Where's Macauly?, Where My Glove?, Dah, Shamone.

Who said it?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Who Said It: Hee-Hee, Shamone, Where's Lisa Marie?, Dah!, Where's Dem Elephant Bones?, Where's Macauly?, Where My Glove?, Dah, Shamone.

Who said it?
pants

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Who said it?

Dem...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Patent pending pussy pasty.

Heee-heee! Soon Yo!!

Beef...done

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

VagueRant posted:

Feel free to be angry at me, I legit hate the repetition. At least PFT made it about the setup and quickly muttered through the repeated line because he is a considerate, not-time-wasting and funny person and also gently caress Harris Wittels. (I really did end up skipping 306 after that bit.)

On the other hand, PFT does nothing to alleviate my hatred of the cantina music bit. It was funny the very first time they did it and never since. The Spidermen 2 character was also insufferable. Grumpysadface.

(Fun episode though! Thumbs up! PFT is great and I really enjoyed HR Geiger again!)

Oh, I thought you were doing an elaborate setup with the Walter White punchline. It's unfortunate that a comedy bit falling flat annoys or angers you as opposed to just being something that you dismiss as not your thing.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Who said it?

Barack Obama

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Thoogsby posted:

Barack Obama

Is that someone related to Barack Hussein Obamacare?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
the cantina bit has been funny a grand total of one time, i don't get why it's still a thing

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Benny Schwaz and Gil Ozeri on I4H today which should be enough to make you listen but if that's not enough there's a scene where Jim Parsons' car gets keyed by the cast of House of Pies.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
If you don't already listen to improv4humans every week you should probably go to the emergency room immediately because you have a traumatic brain injury

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Blackula69 posted:

the cantina bit has been funny a grand total of one time, i don't get why it's still a thing

I don't get it either. I mean I conceptually get it but at this point it's just like.. yeah, yeah, yeah, ya da da da ya da da da da ya da da da da daaaaa da, what the gently caress.. what the gently caress.. what the gently caress with mark maaaron

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

If you don't already listen to improv4humans every week you should probably go to the emergency room immediately because you have a traumatic brain injury

Blackula69 posted:

this guy likes introducing himself to kettles so much he might as well be walter black

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The reverend Parsimony's delivery of "technicality no down boo over?!" is just the best.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Kevin gently caress

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Fil5000 posted:

The reverend Parsimony's delivery of "technicality no down boo over?!" is just the best.

The only thing his return lacked was reading more text messages from Cake Boss.

"Reverent: Am feelin' queecy. Come to Earwulch. I'm on a podcasht. Contact there Scott Auxermin."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Thoogsby posted:

Benny Schwaz and Gil Ozeri on I4H today which should be enough to make you listen but if that's not enough there's a scene where Jim Parsons' car gets keyed by the cast of House of Pies.

Special appearance by Mookie's impression of Michael Jackson as a peadophile Micky Mouse.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Special appearance by Mookie's impression of Michael Jackson as a peadophile Micky Mouse.

Haha I was just gonna post this. It made me so happy. Team Mookie's MJ Impersonation all the way. Hee hee.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Also Gil Osari's obviously on hand to take over Don Demillo if Andy Daly's ever incapacitated.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 5, 2014

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

JethroMcB posted:

The only thing his return lacked was reading more text messages from Cake Boss.

"Reverent: Am feelin' queecy. Come to Earwulch. I'm on a podcasht. Contact there Scott Auxermin."

I was hoping for another bazooka joe to be honest.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

VagueRant posted:

speak on that

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Which episode had a giant former-reality show contestant who haled from Bigton?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Which episode had a giant former-reality show contestant who haled from Bigton?

158 - Words with Friends

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Look at this stupid idiot on facebook

Some loving idiot posted:

I mean the Traci Rearden episodes of CBB can be a little hard for me to sit through. She's not as comedically inept as a lot of other frequent CBB guests (COUGHpaulrust)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

What a stupid idiot.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Thoogsby posted:

Its cool that comedy bang bang has enough variety of different types of comedy that people constantly get angry at other fans of the show for liking the wrong guests

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wompler and Rearden have been so beyond played out at this point that listening to any episode featuring them is a trial of human endurance.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Wompler and Rearden have been so beyond played out at this point that listening to any episode featuring them is a trial of human endurance.
Cool I disagree with your opinion and think your opinions on comedy are meaningless because of this.

I want more discussions about what isn't funny.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

some dude posted:

I mean the Traci Rearden episodes of CBB can be a little hard for me to sit through. She's not as comedically inept as a lot of other frequent CBB guests (COUGHpaulrust)

I think that they have a very legitimate point. A good guest on CBB is one who isn't built entirely off of past references that Scott has to constantly explain - they react to the conversation and make jokes in a manner consistent with their character without getting overburdened by having to hold up some sort of mythology about the character. Rearden is bad because there's so much that the character has to be - she has to play consistent with herself, spend time going over what others in the Whomplerverse are doing and talk about her various physical deformities - not to mention the fact that she's so into chemicals that she's a real Walter White.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I kind of think it would be better if Scott didn't hold all the characters to such an official canon but on the other hand I'm not really sick of any recurring characters I can think of

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Greggy posted:

I kind of think it would be better if Scott didn't hold all the characters to such an official canon but on the other hand I'm not really sick of any recurring characters I can think of

That weird instinct he has to do that, probably due to his awful comic book obsessiveness, is definitely not great but I still love the characters with deep history on the show so long as he doesn't spend fifteen minutes explaining them every episode. He needs to stop worrying that like Wompler's sixth appearance will be a random listener's first episode and let them deal with not getting every reference.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
My only pet peeve is when sequel eps have the same cast. They rarely tread new ground with a million forced callbacks trying to recapture the original. Different people would be a great way to aleve that problem

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I was going to write that I was also a little tired of Wompler but I think, as has been pointed out, that it's more Scott not letting them explore new areas until they've spent 20 minutes going through their backstory. So it's essentially the same with every character once they start getting a decent number of appearances.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

It is more fun when a new guest walks into the middle of an established bit and has to engage them about it, rather than Scott going "it was established in an earlier episode that..."

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Edit: doublepost. No. Down. Boo. Over.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I can't think of any characters on CBB that I've liked other than Jack the Lumberyard worker and his brother in law, Brian Pieces.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I can't think of any characters on CBB that I've liked other than Jack the Lumberyard worker and his brother in law, Brian Pieces.

You mean Jack Sjunior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

What about Claire the sentient vegetarian George Foreman grill?