Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Apparently gaming people are really easy to troll

https://twitter.com/yusuf_i_mehdi/status/507326466841788417

Teron D Amun posted:

are gamers and gamer journalism dead yet
How can you kill that which does not live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Perfect Potato posted:

Careful he might start posting anime if he feels threatened

its true I wield anime like a porcupine might wield its quills

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It should be noted that the year or so has contained a shitload of actual corruption in games media that 0 online nerds seemed to care about.

Lets not forget the fact that a bunch of Goons who are one of the most watched gaming channels on YouTube basically came out and said "As long as you agree to a extensively predatory and assrapingly harsh profit sharing contract we will gladly publicize and promote your game on our channel." which was based on the idea that since Indie games desperately need media attention they would be willing to sacrifice a huge chunk of their profit just to be featured in a couple videos with 500k views.
yeah I used to like the yogscast but they have done some supremely lovely things lately that makes me kinda hate their guts as people

like even discounting the yogscast adventures shenanigans, this poo poo right here is some of the dirtiest stuff because they directly profit off of other websites and channels's promotion of the game

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Finally support for people like wolf wozniak.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
game journalism has been a joke from its inception up until now with the exception of very few people that almost no one watches and now people realize it but they're only trying to connect it to people with weird hair or who post videos about women in video games

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrazyLittle posted:

It means that critical thinking isn't one of your stronger traits.

*nods respectfully towards you*
*unzips pants pulls out dizznick*
*nods expectfully towards you*

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

FAROOQ posted:

Finally support for people like wolf wozniak.

:golfclap:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Goffer posted:

You could replace women with nazi or robot too, congrats your a moron?

i highlighted the funny parts of your post.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh loving SNAP

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Well calling someone a moron in the same sentence where you use "Your" instead of "You're" is pretty funny.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Carol Pizzamom posted:

very few people that almost no one watches

oh you follow him too?
https://twitter.com/MechaGamezilla/status/505149463376039936

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I skipped alot of poo poo so sorry if this has been answered already but who the gently caress is Anthony Burch? Also why should I care?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you shouldnt

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

Well calling someone a moron in the same sentence where you use "Your" instead of "You're" is pretty funny.

you'a'ar''e'e'a'a'e'ae'e'r''raietgiei'yg tsrogo'ro'ro'aero'aeo'pasethyKIO":'zsdtrhi'asdhkii'asrhi'asr'asrh'asrh'asrh''' a bitch nerd hahaha. post on the internet bitch. dare ya

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Carol Pizzamom posted:

you'a'ar''e'e'a'a'e'ae'e'r''raietgiei'yg tsrogo'ro'ro'aero'aeo'pasethyKIO":'zsdtrhi'asdhkii'asrhi'asr'asrh'asrh'asrh''' a bitch nerd hahaha. post on the internet bitch. dare ya

:eyepop:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

jesus loving christ this is the most Old GBS poo poo possible. I'm ashamed of this thread, which isn't new but I mean come on.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lmao if you had any expectations of this thread

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think it's time to discuss mod integrity. I would say that mods shouldn't be moderators on the same forum where they post. Opinions?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Apparently Mattie Brice has also quit.. I have no clue who she is.

https://twitter.com/xMattieBrice

She's also on the payroll:
http://www.patreon.com/mattiebrice?u=40155&ty=p

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Paladinus posted:

I think it's time to discuss mod integrity. I would say that mods shouldn't be moderators on the same forum where they post. Opinions?

lol

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Seriously has anyone figured out that when you stop hitting the tweet button all of this goes away instantle?

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Paladinus posted:

not serious enough about integrity, if they have ever given money to Lowtax then clearly they can't be impartial moderators of the forums dot something awful dot com

forum registrations count but can be waived if they cuck a goon

Mattjpwns fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 4, 2014

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Sucks I can't play games anymore ever since someone told me I'm a mysogonist

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

coleman francis posted:

Seriously has anyone figured out that when you stop hitting the tweet button all of this goes away instantle?

The patreon money would probably go away with it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spanish Manlove posted:

jesus loving christ this is the most Old GBS poo poo possible. I'm ashamed of this thread, which isn't new but I mean come on.

what extinct civilization would you equate Old GBS to Spanish Manlove

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Mattie Brice posted:

Get resources to those who need them. Do you have disposable income? Donate it to people or groups you know over large organizations you don’t have connections to. If you don’t know how to, ask. Send them a message, ask them if they feel comfortable getting money from you and, if so, the best way to get it to them. Don’t have money? You might know people who do and should promote other’s stuff in their presence, or at least, be sharing stuff constantly so they have a good chance of becoming interested. Email publications and companies to tell them it’s important to you that they support certain people or groups. Sending heartfelt petitions to people and organizations who have money does work, especially en masse. Money also isn’t the only resource; do you have connections for affordable housing, food, social services? Or maybe you even have connections to people with luxury goods, anything. People who are fighting often don’t have basic needs, and if they do, don’t have a lot of things for relaxation or pleasure. Have a decent video card you won’t be using anymore, or a microphone you never got around to using?

I can see some potential for another layer of conspiracies here.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

she writes bad/dumb article about games nobody cares about and that nobody but her patreon backers pay her for, so who cares either way

like i think she writes goofy things but at the same time reading her twitter feed there i'm like "yeah it is pretty stupid that you, a person who has only ever made one free game and that nobody in journalism cares or writes about and no publication pays, would be harassed for being part of the social justice cabal ripping videogames apart"

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I don't see how I'm supposed to have the time to visit all devs in the world's websites to find out when and if games are coming out when I am so busy oppressing people.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

coleman francis posted:

"Uh oh. The jig is up."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKs3Zgez0uk

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
spanish manlove have you cucked a goon y/n : _

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mattjpwns posted:

not serious enough about integrity, if they have ever given money to Lowtax then clearly they can't be impartial moderators of the forums dot something awful dot com

forum registrations count but can be waived if they cuck a goon

Now it all makes sense. So many people say how they enjoy certain posts on this very forum, but always fail to mention that they've paid money the creator of said forum. Some of them on more than one occasion. It's about time for us, posters, to establish higher standards of posting and start following them.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

it's been a couple days since anything interesting happened, either we're due for another bombshell or this is gonna fizzle out

loving lol

so much poo poo happened last night

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Paladinus posted:

Now it all makes sense. So many people say how they enjoy certain posts on this very forum, but always fail to mention that they've paid money the creator of said forum. Some of them on more than one occasion. It's about time for us, posters, to establish higher standards of posting and start following them.

its time to blow the lid off this corrupt regime but the forums press won't cover it because they're complicit

#goonspiracy #modgate

E: "they're not moderators they're post enthusiasts"

Mattjpwns fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 4, 2014

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
No one cares about gaming journalism integrity

No gamers are mysogonists

Ask your SO about cucking before you cuck

There, blanket statements save the day once again, can we all go home now?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
has 4chan found out yet who burch was throwing under the bus to totally prove that #gamergate is about misogyny

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

people should take a step back and realize how retarded this is.

you have grown men who write articles justifying staring at a screen and pushing buttons for hours on end having meltdowns because people dont agree with their life views.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

you just dont get this kind of poo poo with anime...

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With their patron income as a fallback many SJW are standing up to the man and quitting their oppressive day jobs to fight for social justice full time. This plan will collapse when too many of them quit and there isn't enough actually working supporters to go around.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

What? Patrick calls himself A Journalist and went to school for it. Yes Jeff and the rest of the living ones are personalities, poo poo I dont think Jeff can even type anymore through the pre-diabetic damage done to his exterminates, that is not the point.

Patrick had the capability to be the best, useful, enlightening because of the freedom he had and the brains he has. listen again to the "Welcome Patrick" podcast. None of that journalism materialized, he just got lazy as Jeff cannot manage people and fell into the pit of "Oh gosh My best Friends at Harmonix are so wacky!".

I hate Patrick with a passion because of what he could have been, and how rare it will be that someone else can ever have that opportunity that to this day he is still squandering.

I went to the same school as Patrick but not as a journalist. Once he got e-famous I realized that I actually met him at parties a couple of times and just never knew his name, he was distinctive cuz of his afro. I think I once danced with his GF at the time who was angry at him, that's my patrick story

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I went to the same school as Patrick but not as a journalist. Once he got e-famous I realized that I actually met him at parties a couple of times and just never knew his name, he was distinctive cuz of his afro. I think I once danced with his GF at the time who was angry at him, that's my patrick story

you're too close to the source to tell this story, where's your integrity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i paid for my account here, am i allowed to make dick jokes?

• Locked thread