Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

destin

de ballmeur

eau de toilette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

permission from who

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

carry on then posted:

permission from who

sony has an exclusivity deal for advertising with destiny, kind of like how call of duty ads will only mention being on xbox despite versions being on playstation/wiiu/pc

someone is almost guaranteed to be getting fired for that stunt

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

univbee posted:

sony has an exclusivity deal for advertising with destiny, kind of like how call of duty ads will only mention being on xbox despite versions being on playstation/wiiu/pc

someone is almost guaranteed to be getting fired for that stunt

that's not the deal they have

the deal deal they have is that sony will spend X million dollars in ads for destiny, and those ads only mention playstation

but whatever activision spends, they're free to mention whatever playform they want

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

that's not the deal they have

the deal deal they have is that sony will spend X million dollars in ads for destiny, and those ads only mention playstation

but whatever activision spends, they're free to mention whatever playform they want

themoreyouknow.gif

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

haha that's precious, after how many years of every cod ad ending with "Jump in" they're trying to look like they've been unfairly prevented from advertising

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

and i guess sony wrote a clause in the deal where microsoft isn't allowed to advertise xbox using destiny footage

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

univbee posted:

sony has an exclusivity deal for advertising with destiny,

im really going to enjoy reading the book that gets written in a few years about how ms hosed up so bad this gen

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kirk posted:

im really going to enjoy reading the book that gets written in a few years about how ms hosed up so bad this gen

if you didn't already know destiny is a 100% playstation-exclusive in japan

despite this, imported us english-only copies of destiny for the xbox one are outselling sunset overdrive there

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
japan doesn't matter

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

wait, is the fragrance not actually real?

I'm not seeing any way to order it on that web site

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

univbee posted:

if you didn't already know destiny is a 100% playstation-exclusive in japan

despite this, imported us english-only copies of destiny for the xbox one are outselling sunset overdrive there

10 and 5 copies, respectively.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kirk posted:

japan doesn't matter

:eyepop:

but, anime...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Metrication posted:

i thought they were going to be doing 'smaller releases' with windows 8? and they did a bit then just stopped

this was the major selling point at the launch of windows phone, the promised regular updates that bypass the carriers and oems in a way of making up for the basic features missing on launch. in reality it took a year to get cut and paste and then they got bored and made windows phone 8.

so i dont know why msft act surprised when people choose not to believe them when they talk about regular updates.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i wish destiny was out so i could read about how terrible it is and all the iyg (inspect your games) delusion

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

destiny looks like semi-serious bonerlands and I'm ok with that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Metrication posted:

Microsoft has already moved towards just using Windows in marketing videos instead of Windows 8.

im sure that has nothing to do with the windows 8 brand being incredibly toxic

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

here's some more entries from help_i_have_to_use_windows_at_work.txt

After sending one message in Lync, it will add subsequent messages below (as expected). But the space between the first message and the last message is different than the space between the second message and the third message. Why?

Lync will always software mute you when you join a channel. Even if your Mic is muted too. So you are “double-muted” and can get confused about why no one can hear you even though you’ve unmated you mic.

In Lync, right-clicking a user in your user search results gives you an option to favourite them, but clicking the user in your conversation list does not. Clicking their details area in the convo will give you yet a third set of options, including start an IM conversation, even though they are already in one with you. You can expend the options and add the user to contacts, even though they are already a contact. There is yet another button to “View more options for interacting with this person”, but it does not have a favourite option either.

Lync determines whether you’re active or inactive based on mouse movement, but not keyboard activity. So you can be chatting with someone, in Lync, and be “inactive”.

I have 16BG of RAM and Lync can’t even scroll smoothly. The conversation with approx 60 lines (pretty short) will have to load the first previous messages as I scroll up, then load the recent messages as I scroll back down. They are momentarily invisible as I scroll, and the movement is jerky.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

was whatever this was taken down because all it says is

quote:

Hi. There are some great Xbox One offers available at the moment. Please check with retailers for more information.
in ms' lovely frutiger ripoff

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

PleasureKevin posted:

After sending one message in Lync, it will add subsequent messages below (as expected). But the space between the first message and the last message is different than the space between the second message and the third message. Why?

Lync will always software mute you when you join a channel. Even if your Mic is muted too. So you are “double-muted” and can get confused about why no one can hear you even though you’ve unmated you mic.

In Lync, right-clicking a user in your user search results gives you an option to favourite them, but clicking the user in your conversation list does not. Clicking their details area in the convo will give you yet a third set of options, including start an IM conversation, even though they are already in one with you. You can expend the options and add the user to contacts, even though they are already a contact. There is yet another button to “View more options for interacting with this person”, but it does not have a favourite option either.

Lync determines whether you’re active or inactive based on mouse movement, but not keyboard activity. So you can be chatting with someone, in Lync, and be “inactive”.

I have 16BG of RAM and Lync can’t even scroll smoothly. The conversation with approx 60 lines (pretty short) will have to load the first previous messages as I scroll up, then load the recent messages as I scroll back down. They are momentarily invisible as I scroll, and the movement is jerky.

yeah but you could be using sametime

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

why would people want to use lync when hipchat exists?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

carry on then posted:

yeah but you could be using sametime
trigger warning that poo poo, god drat

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

they don't tw me on my way into work everyday, why should anyone else get one?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Beeftweeter posted:

in ms' lovely frutiger ripoff

same here

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

please don't doxx pleasurekevin

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i read in the xbone thread that it was some super passive aggressive swipe at bungie lmao

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hey sarah

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Beeftweeter posted:

:tviv:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

so uh

how exactly was this not an advertisement

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
"Bungie wanted absolutely nothing to do with the Microsoft advertising department for reasons unknown."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Destiny has a live action trailer and it is pretty fun, in the same vein as other PS4 ads this gen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJg1YQTkWs

If microsoft had to make this it would probably be all grimdark serious and miss the point of loving around w/ur bros in space

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Destiny has a live action trailer and it is pretty fun, in the same vein as other PS4 ads this gen.

If microsoft had to make this it would probably be all grimdark serious and miss the point of loving around w/ur bros in space

hrm this intrigues me

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

but, dramaticinematic gaming...!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

duTrieux. posted:

but, dramaticinematic gaming...!

all around me are familiar faces

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

why would people want to use lync when hipchat exists?

because atlassian is fucks

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

so cheesy it got grease stains lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
look at this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0d9d-cdxhk

cheesy is exactly right, makes me want to play a game (but cant/no friends)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

there were some pretty good liveaction halo ads though. luckily microsoft's halo anime department got canned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

supposedly the ad is in magazines?

• Locked thread