Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Rassle posted:

Funny, all I saw were eyebrows.

Indeed. And now all I can see is a clan mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, I don't really see it. Is it cause it's pointy?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Macaluso posted:

Wow did no one seriously think "KKK" at any point when designing the eye holes on this thing? :lol:

You're reaching to the point of ridiculousness.

Seriously.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

As a kid, I hated name tags. I don't know why you need them. I mean, do they help?

I figure they're a holdover from the days when licensed costumes were just a lovely mask and poncho and they had to label what you were because otherwise nobody would know.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Drifter posted:

You're reaching to the point of ridiculousness.

Seriously.

I dunno, I mentioned it looked Klanish. It's not that much of a stretch. Pointy hat with eye holes is an image that you can associate with them pretty easily. It's just an strange design, especially considering your eyes are in the hat rather than the face. Probably done so they can have the whole face in tact, but it does make the whole thing look odd.

And SCIENCE, I remember a Men in Black costume that had a big MIB logo name tag on the jacket, and it cracked me up because that's not something you should advertise. Haha. Costumes are silly. (but sometimes dope)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So wiki still only lists the next two episodes, have they seriously not announced whatever comes after Soos and the Real Girl?

Guess I'll see you guys in 2015?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

So wiki still only lists the next two episodes, have they seriously not announced whatever comes after Soos and the Real Girl?

Guess I'll see you guys in 2015?

I'm surprised. Who else is surprised?

It's pretty surprising.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I figure they're a holdover from the days when licensed costumes were just a lovely mask and poncho and they had to label what you were because otherwise nobody would know.

Who the gently caress wanted to go as Chachi?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

BigRed0427 posted:

Who the gently caress wanted to go as Chachi?

Especially when the biker from The Village People was an option.

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
So my DVR says that there is a new episode on tonight on Disney XD at 8 Central. Did...did I somehow stumble into the future?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Nope! Tonight is the new episode, and has been for a while. The next episode is on September 22, and that's all of the episodes we know for now.

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008

Miniature Moose posted:

So my DVR says that there is a new episode on tonight on Disney XD at 8 Central. Did...did I somehow stumble into the future?

The Gravi-team Falls Tumblr mentions tonight as well, along with a disturbing looking episode poster. I hope their idea of having an individual poster for each episode continues, I loved their one for The Golf War last month.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The episode airs in half an hour for me! I don't even need to miss my baseball game to watch it!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hoopy Frood posted:

The Gravi-team Falls Tumblr mentions tonight as well, along with a disturbing looking episode poster. I hope their idea of having an individual poster for each episode continues, I loved their one for The Golf War last month.

They've got nothing else to do with their time - one episode every month -, may as well kill it with advertising.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Me, right now, watching the new episode: :stare: ... :stonk: ... :stonklol:

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Well that was delightfully creepy. Which is pretty much how you can describe most episodes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Good episode. One thing I'm confused about, even with Bill's backstabbing, doesn't he still owe Dipper his end of the bargain?

biggest complaint: Not enough Soos. The entire play was ripe for his wisecracking

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 9, 2014

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Holy poo poo the Ave Maria sequence loving killed me. What a great goddamn episode.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Good episode. One thing I'm confused about, even with Bill's backstabbing, doesn't he still owe Dipper his end of the bargain?

biggest complaint: Not enough Soos. The entire play was ripe for his wisecracking

I wouldn't expect Bill to be the type to keep his end of deals.

Miniature Moose posted:

Well that was delightfully creepy. Which is pretty much how you can describe most episodes.

This one felt way creepier than almost anything from season 1.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 9, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

I wouldn't expect Bill to be the type to keep his end of deals.

This one felt way creepier than almost anything from season 1.

Well it seemed like one of those genie things, but even Gideon seemed to get what he wanted

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
I still hope the contents of F's laptop can be recovered. Not counting on it, but it seems too important to be found and destroyed in the space of 3 episodes.

MACAW.AVI fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 9, 2014

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Welp, I'm out of the country so I won't be able to watch this episode for quite a while. Gonna keep away from this thread I guess.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Alan Smithee posted:

I was under the impression there was no deal at all. It was just a ruse to be able to use his method of making him a ghost.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Panic Restaurant posted:

Holy poo poo the Ave Maria sequence loving killed me. What a great goddamn episode.

Agreed, that was amazing.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo, that was the greatest episode. Everything about it was amazing, especially Stan.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Bill didn't keep his promise to Gideon, either. He's just a straight-up liar. He's a great villain without knowing much about him or even him having a motive. He's just pure, raw nasty.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yes. I love Bill. Any time Bill shows up, poo poo gets real cool.

And I love how Mabel has a beyond lovely taste in guys. Gabe is probably one of the creepiest crush she's ever had.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

gently caress yes. I love Bill. Any time Bill shows up, poo poo gets real cool.

And I love how Mabel has a beyond lovely taste in guys. Gabe is probably one of the creepiest crush she's ever had.

It's rare she meets a guy who cuts out the middleman and does his own shipping

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Speaking of that, as funny as that 'Bipper' line was, that poo poo is going to get sexual real fast.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

As long as they stay away from Soos and the Real Girl. Stay innocent and pure Soos

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

CelticPredator posted:

I dunno, I'd argue that Gideon is even creepier. At the end of the day, this guy has a weird, all-encompassing obsession and that's about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eh, Gidion probably doesn't make out with puppets. Which is weirder than being a mini evangelist for the supernatural.

Also, super weird, weird question, but what kind of building is The Mystery Shack? I want to do something with photoshop, and I'm having a hard time locking down something that looks similar to it. I tried cabin house, but nothing really looks like that. I got a few close ones with "Triangle house" but still no luck.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Eh, Gidion probably doesn't make out with puppets. Which is weirder than being a mini evangelist for the supernatural.

Also, super weird, weird question, but what kind of building is The Mystery Shack? I want to do something with photoshop, and I'm having a hard time locking down something that looks similar to it. I tried cabin house, but nothing really looks like that. I got a few close ones with "Triangle house" but still no luck.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's a...shack?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Yes, but do remember that he magically beat up Dipper when he stepped in to try and end the relationship between the little poo poo and Mabel.
You know, maybe you're right, he's not as creepy but he's more dangerous.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 9, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's a...shack?

jfc.

I have no idea why that never popped into my mind. But still, no luck on finding something similar, and free/royalty free

And yeah, Gideon is a lovely child, but I'd rather hang out with him for a day than puppet man for 10 minutes. Haha.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

jfc.

I have no idea why that never popped into my mind. But still, no luck on finding something similar.

I forget where it was posted but Alex Hirsch had a whole thing about roadtripping upstate to check out tourist trappy shacks like the Mystery Spot or whatever

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anyone crack the code at the end?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Did some searchin. I think this is it?

quote:

We've all had some fun tonight, but let's not forget who the real 'Puppet Masters' are: Reptoids who have infiltrated our Government

No puppet strings can hold me down, So patiently I watch this town. Abnormal soon will be the norm, Enjoy the calm before the storm.

Owns.

Also, Stan and McGuckett as Statler and Waldorf. :allears:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Now, the code is certainly a joke about conspiracy theorists and their odd fascination with reptile people... but it is technically possible that Reptilians are the final antagonists of the show, isn't it? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It was an amazing episode, but I'm not sure anything in it tops the Read? poster in the first five seconds.

• Locked thread