Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

this cover made me laugh out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Good loving god, Marvel. You're just poo poo at variants lately.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is that supposed to be a homage to a metal album/movie?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I don't think your legs are supposed to be as thick as your wrists.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

I don't think your legs are supposed to be as thick as your wrists.

She skipped leg day a few times.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Haha it's like an unholy reversal of the Milo Manara Spider-Woman cover

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vishass posted:

Why? Writing Thor with the hammer is kinda silly but it's not that funny, and her muscles look great, and how she's holding the- OH.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Her veins, Jesus Christ. :catstare:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Her veins, Jesus Christ. :catstare:

Thoroids. Serious problem among the Asgardian athletic community.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Vishass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7bdr6fjg-k

EDIT: Jesus, the more I look at it the worse it gets.

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 5, 2014

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Vishass posted:

Give me somewhere to buy a print of this, Marvel.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Is she supposed to be holding it like it's a dick? (I'm sure I'm reading too much into this but when you spend too much time looking at how the gently caress her legs work, you start noticing things).

Ugh, I just noticed this is Andrew Robinson. C'mon SON, you're better than this.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Vishass posted:

No no pee UP stupid. :v:

Also I still think it's either an older Thor daughter from those kid Avengers, or its one of All Father Thor's Granddaughters since two of them are blonde.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 5, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All that cover needs is a guy wearing little to nothing laying seductively by her feet.

The guy can Clint and he can have the hawkguy censor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jiro posted:

No no pee UP stupid. :v:

Also I still think it's either an older Thor daughter from those kid Avengers, or its one of All Father Thor's Granddaughters since two of them are blonde.

Having not read any of the Thor/Angela original sin crossover, I'm betting it's a sister of Angela not related to Thor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They said it's someone from Thor's past.

(Not necessarily an existing character though.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

They said it's someone from Thor's past.

(Not necessarily an existing character though.)

Actually it being Sif and her going bleach blonde because gently caress it, sometimes a women wants a new hair color, would be kinda cool.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Vishass posted:

hahaha oh gooood I need to show everyone at work this yesterday, I don't think anyone works out there but this is why you don't skip leg day.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

First Bass posted:

hahaha oh gooood I need to show everyone at work this yesterday, I don't think anyone works out there but this is why you don't skip leg day.

"This is why you don't skip leg day, you never know when you'll find yourself worthy of being the Norse God of Thunder, so you need to make sure that you don't look terrible in your costume."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Actually it being Sif and her going bleach blonde because gently caress it, sometimes a women wants a new hair color, would be kinda cool.

Turns out being blonde is actually one of the powers of Thor.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Deadpool posted:

You should also read The Gauntlet which is the digital only Infinite book that was really good. It's also been collected in print I believe. Lot's of good Deadpool stuff happening recently. Duggan is pretty great with the character.

Soule's Thunderbolts had some pretty good Deadpool moments too. Though the art in some issues loving sucks.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

krakagar posted:

I just came here to see if anyone was talking about how surprisingly fun Deadpool Vs Hawkeye was.

You guys! It was super fun and surprisingly good! Poked a lot of fun at Hawkguy without Bering too annoyingly over the top Deadpool-y. Is the regular Deadpool series this good cos if so I might have to check it out.

In short, guys it was a Good Fun Comic!

Because of your recommendation I picked this up. I haven't read any other Deadpool comics before but I laughed at so much of this issue

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SalTheBard posted:

Because of your recommendation I picked this up. I haven't read any other Deadpool comics before but I laughed at so much of this issue

I picked up Hawkeye Vs. Deadpool based on krakagar's recco as well, and let me just echo - it was surprisingly fun! I enjoyed the hell out of it!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Not sure if you guys are reading Legendary Star Lord, but this month's first issue was the first that really clicked for me.

Very fun stuff. Also really loving the Rocket Raccoon solo book.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
When I saw the Captain America Collections banner link on Comixology and clicked it, I got a little dismayed that I had all of the trades involved already... except for the current Black Widow run, which I immediately got.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I picked up Hawkeye Vs. Deadpool based on krakagar's recco as well, and let me just echo - it was surprisingly fun! I enjoyed the hell out of it!

I also picked up Hawkeye v Deadpool and enjoyed it. Always happy for more deadpool though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I went to Baltimore Comic-Con on Saturday and went to the Marvel Universe Panel featuring Tom Brevoort, Charles Soule, Jim Starlin, Mark Morales, and Mark Waid. Nothing really new was revealed, but it was fun. Of the CON EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS, though, we got:

-Starlin has an idea for LADY THANOS but he needs to talk to Brevoort about it first.
-The guy in the CHIKARA shirt and hat was NOT Gavok.
-Lady Thor is NOT a lesbian (yes, someone asked this).
-Soule said that if he were to make a male She-Hulk, he would call him He-Hulk.
-Brevoort said that if Wolverine comes back, we can kill Soule.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Looking forwards to adding the Death of Charles Soule omnibus to my collection.

Circutron fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 8, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

-Starlin has an idea for LADY THANOS but he needs to talk to Brevoort about it first.

Finally TERRAXIA gets the respect she deserves.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Circutron posted:

Looking forwards to adding the Death of Charles Soule omnibus to my collection.

A 3000 page volume collecting all the comics he was working on at the time.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Hey guys, I decided to get back into comics on a whim, and seeing the Marvel Now launch made that pretty easy. I was extremely excited to see a new Silver Surfer book since that was my favorite as a kid.

I was just wondering if anyone has a direct subscription from Marvel. Seems like a great deal but I'm concerned about the shipping. Do they put them in between boarding or do roll the dice hoping the comics aren't mangled each month?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Robot Danger posted:

Hey guys, I decided to get back into comics on a whim, and seeing the Marvel Now launch made that pretty easy. I was extremely excited to see a new Silver Surfer book since that was my favorite as a kid.

I was just wondering if anyone has a direct subscription from Marvel. Seems like a great deal but I'm concerned about the shipping. Do they put them in between boarding or do roll the dice hoping the comics aren't mangled each month?

If you have a decent tablet you're better off going digital. It's a crap shoot the quality of the book you get so you end up paying and praying. It's in the hands of the post office and that....gets dicey.

If you go the digital route, be sure to check out Marvel Unlimited. You get a huge back catalog (not complete mind you, but still very rewarding) and new issues are only 6 months behind. You pay at worst, $100/year for an all you can read scenario and you can easily buy new books directly from it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Robot Danger posted:

It's not really Silver Surfer-y to be honest. It's like the Silver Surfer substituting for the Doctor in a Doctor Who script, and Slott keeps having him de-silver.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Robot Danger posted:

Hope you enjoy! I just started really getting into into Marvel/superhero comics like 18 months ago. I think it's a good time for it!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Robot Danger posted:

I had a couple subscriptions about eight years ago from marvel, and they were shipped wrapped in plastic, but no backing boards. Everything I got was completely undamaged though. They would usually arrive on the Thursday or Friday (comics are released on Wednesday) after the comic came out, and the one time I didn't get an issue, it was a quick call to get another copy sent.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

RevKrule posted:

Is she supposed to be holding it like it's a dick? (I'm sure I'm reading too much into this but when you spend too much time looking at how the gently caress her legs work, you start noticing things).

Ugh, I just noticed this is Andrew Robinson. C'mon SON, you're better than this.

Oh it's totally a dick. I like to think it's a direct gently caress you to the mra's all upset over Thor being a lady now.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Soonmot posted:

Oh it's totally a dick. I like to think it's a direct gently caress you to the mra's all upset over Thor being a lady now.

That's the exact opposite of a "gently caress you MRA" cover though, visually implying that to be empowered a woman has to have a magic hammer phallus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be fair, in this case it is literally a woman who needs the magic phallus to be empowered.

(Or maybe not. She did get to the moon on her own somehow.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

to be empowered a woman has to have a magic hammer phallus.

Well it sure helps. I mean, I see a magic hammer phallus I back the hell off regardless of which gender is wielding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm jumping all over the Marvel Unlimited option. I had thought it was an app to read digital versions of comics that cost the same as a print copy. This kind of service is perfect for me.

• Locked thread