Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

MassRafTer posted:

Holy poo poo that match. So very close to a MOTYC, very excited for the rematch. Seconded.

yeah third even the ending couldn't sour me on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Ricochet

HM:

Roddy Strong vs. Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano
Johnny Gargano vs Trevor Lee
Ciampa, Bobby Fish, Cedrick Alexander, Biff Busik, Drew Gulak vs Chuck Taylor, Joey Ryan, Chris Hero. Rich Swann and Willie Mack
Bucks and Cole vs ACH, Brian Meyers, and Chris Sabin

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Ricochet

HM:

Roddy Strong vs. Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano
Johnny Gargano vs Trevor Lee
Bucks and Cole vs ACH, Brian Meyers, and Chris Sabin

These except I'm nominating Ciampa, Bobby Fish, Cedrick Alexander, Biff Busik, Drew Gulak vs Chuck Taylor, Joey Ryan, Chris Hero and Rich Swann and Willie Mack as MOTYC

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I was going to use spoiler tags but since the cat's already out of the bag:

HM: Trevor Lee vs. Michael Elgin, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
HM: Trevor Lee vs. Johnny Gargano, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
HM: Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. Kyle O'Reilly, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
HM: Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Roderick Strong, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
HM: Brian Myers, Chris Sabin, and ACH vs. Mount Rushmore, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
MOTYC: Ricochet vs. Kenny Omega, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
MOTYC: Chris Hero, Chuck Taylor, Rich Swann, Joey Ryan, and Willie Mack vs. Bobby Fish, Biff Busick, Drew Gulak, Cedric Alexander, and Tommaso Ciampa, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three

It feels kind of weird to nominate the 10-man for MOTYC because it was mostly played for laughs, but it was really entertaining and the crowd was probably hotter for that than anything but ACH/Omega. I was really digging Candice/Gargano for almost the entirety of it but the botched finish really deflated it. I don't know whose fault it was but the ref was getting huge heat for the rest of the night, I wonder if they'll make an angle out of that. Roddy was really doing some next-level heel work during this show, by the end of it the entire building was hating his guts. Well, except for Oatgan.

If you can only buy one show, get Night Two because that ACH/Omega match really has to be seen to be believed. But Night Three was really close, and all three are absolutely worth the price of admission. This was my first PWG event and it was super fun, I dunno if I'm gonna go regularly or anything because it is a pretty long drive for me, but I'll definitely consider going to BOLA again next year if they book talent anywhere near this good.

And I only went 1-for-3 on my pre-show prediction of the final match, but the one I got right won the whole drat thing so I feel pretty good about that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

I was going to use spoiler tags but since the cat's already out of the bag:

HM: Trevor Lee vs. Michael Elgin, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
HM: Trevor Lee vs. Johnny Gargano, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
HM: Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Roderick Strong, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
HM: Brian Myers, Chris Sabin, and ACH vs. Mount Rushmore, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
MOTYC: Ricochet vs. Kenny Omega, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three
MOTYC: Chris Hero, Chuck Taylor, Rich Swann, Joey Ryan, and Willie Mack vs. Bobby Fish, Biff Busick, Drew Gulak, Cedric Alexander, and Tommaso Ciampa, PWG BOLA 2014 Night Three

It feels kind of weird to nominate the 10-man for MOTYC because it was mostly played for laughs, but it was really entertaining and the crowd was probably hotter for that than anything but ACH/Omega. I was really digging Candice/Gargano for almost the entirety of it but the botched finish really deflated it. I don't know whose fault it was but the ref was getting huge heat for the rest of the night, I wonder if they'll make an angle out of that. Roddy was really doing some next-level heel work during this show, by the end of it the entire building was hating his guts. Well, except for Oatgan.

If you can only buy one show, get Night Two because that ACH/Omega match really has to be seen to be believed. But Night Three was really close, and all three are absolutely worth the price of admission. This was my first PWG event and it was super fun, I dunno if I'm gonna go regularly or anything because it is a pretty long drive for me, but I'll definitely consider going to BOLA again next year if they book talent anywhere near this good.

And I only went 1-for-3 on my pre-show prediction of the final match, but the one I got right won the whole drat thing so I feel pretty good about that.

As somebody said earlier in this thread, if you think it's a comedy MOTYC, that still qualifies it for MOTYC. And PWG does fun comedy matches.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Bard Maddox posted:

HM: ACH vs. Jay Lethal, ROH TV, airdate 8/23/2014

Very good match that builds really well but ends with a deflating finish. Still a really great match and better than the one ACH had a few weeks before with TD Thomas.

I nominated this for a MOTYC after I saw it live.
I'll still stick behind it but that could be a bit biased having seen it live.

(HM or MOTY go watch it :http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Roddy was really doing some next-level heel work during this show, by the end of it the entire building was hating his guts. Well, except for Oatgan.

gently caress don't know how I forgot this one. Great match, seconded.

Roddy is my dude I will never turn my back on him because he might break it

oatgan fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 1, 2014

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

oatgan posted:

Dragon Gate - DANGEROUS GATE 2014

HM: BxB Hulk vs. Naruki Doi

MOTYC: BxB Hulk vs. Naruki Doi

that was really loving good

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

oatgan posted:

Dragon Gate - DANGEROUS GATE 2014
MOTYC: Eita and T. Hawk vs. Dragon Kid and Masaaki Mochizuki

This only has a second? I third the Hell out of this.

Zyla posted:

MOTYC: BxB Hulk vs. Naruki Doi

that was really loving good

Nobody else nominated this from the same show? Seconded in a heartbeat because it embodies what I want to see:

"HM" my foot! But for real though, the awful truth is that there are only about 4 people reading this thread willing to watch Dragon Gate, so divided opinions do us in every time. Eh, whatever. To put those in Hulkamatt-approved formatting:

MOTYC: Eita & T-Hawk vs Dragon Kid & Masaaki Mochizuki - 08/17 Dragon Gate: Dangerous Gate
MOTYC: BxB Hulk vs Naruki Doi - 08/17 Dragon Gate: Dangerous Gate

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 4, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I'm absolutely willing to watch Dragon Gate and I've enjoyed stuff from it that I've seen in the past, I just don't really have the means to keep up with it right now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

I'm absolutely willing to watch Dragon Gate and I've enjoyed stuff from it that I've seen in the past, I just don't really have the means to keep up with it right now

i try to run their new shows as they happen in psp-tv on Friday nights but if that doesn't work for w/e reason let me know and I can hook you up with every show they've done this year

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I've enjoyed the hell out of everything I've seen from Dragon Gate, but their poo poo seems harder to keep up with than New Japan's so I usually just default to NJPW when I want to watch Japanese stuff.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It may be more difficult to keep up with in the future if they don't find an alternative PPV solution, but it's not hard right now. They've been broadcasting their big shows and Korakuen cards on Ustream same as NJPW.

Their poo poo generally ends up on Dailymotion like every other puro fed too.

I personally think their multiman stuff is great and their goofy comedy poo poo is fun, but their singles matches usually leave me relatively unimpressed compared to NJPW.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Daryl Surat posted:

This only has a second? I third the Hell out of this.

Nobody else nominated this from the same show? Seconded in a heartbeat because it embodies what I want to see:

I don't know how anyone gets talked into a top rope tiger suplex

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros., SMASH Wrestling Super Showdown II, 8/17/2014

I know I'm one of like three posters here who even knows what SMASH Wrestling is, but they've been putting on really good cards the last year. They also get to book the Super Smash Bros vs. The Young Bucks, which is dynamite wherever they put it on, and it's a shame the SSB seemingly can't come to California any more.

Also, I uploaded it onto youtube here. Watch it!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God I've missed SSB

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I'll change my vote on BxB Hulk vs. Doi from a HM to a MOTYC. Borderline, but since people are voting MOTYC, I want it to make the list.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros., SMASH Wrestling Super Showdown II, 8/17/2014

I know I'm one of like three posters here who even knows what SMASH Wrestling is, but they've been putting on really good cards the last year. They also get to book the Super Smash Bros vs. The Young Bucks, which is dynamite wherever they put it on, and it's a shame the SSB seemingly can't come to California any more.

Also, I uploaded it onto youtube here. Watch it!

I can't give a more enthusiastic second. I loving love superkicks and crotch chops and too-sweets.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MOTYC: Bucks/Candice Larae and Joey Ryan, PWG 11
MOTYC: Adam Cole/Roderick Strong, PWG 11
HM: Chris Hero/Kyle O'Reilly, PWG 11
HM: Cedric Alexander/ACH, PWG 11

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

sportsgenius86 posted:

God I've missed SSB

Uno's a cool guy to chat up every now and again. It's fun to game with him on Steam. Add him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: AJ Styles vs Adam Cole at ROH All Star Extravaganza 6

It was a bit too stop-start for my liking, making it feel more like a match full of individual moments as opposed to a cohesive whole. But those little individual segments were all really great, and AJ did a great job selling his leg. Some great false finishes too. With just a little more flow this would be a definite MOTYC, it just didn't quite make it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

second

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Also I wanna give HMs to

Ryan/Le Rae vs. Young Bucks and
Hero vs. O'Reilly from PWG11

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: AJ Styles vs Adam Cole at ROH All Star Extravaganza 6

It was a bit too stop-start for my liking, making it feel more like a match full of individual moments as opposed to a cohesive whole. But those little individual segments were all really great, and AJ did a great job selling his leg. Some great false finishes too. With just a little more flow this would be a definite MOTYC, it just didn't quite make it.

second

epitasis posted:

Also I wanna give HMs to

Ryan/Le Rae vs. Young Bucks and
Hero vs. O'Reilly from PWG11

second

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
HM Styles/Cole yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I thought the Styles/Cole match was a MOTYC but it'll never get the votes.

HM: Elgin vs Briscoe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I'll second that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer posted:

I thought the Styles/Cole match was a MOTYC but it'll never get the votes.

Ya

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

somehow nobody said this yet so i'm gonna

MOTYC: Bucks vs. reDRagon 2 out of 3 falls - ROH All Star Extravaganza

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

Agreed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Steve Corino already declared it five stars so what's the point? I guess I'll third.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

Yeah okay, 4thed. Crazy match, and I loved how excited Corino got for the Meltzer Driver.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

5thing

I Before E posted:

MOTYC: Bucks/Candice Larae and Joey Ryan, PWG 11

I'll support this one as well.

2014 is the best year of wrestling ever.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Since I'm absolutely clueless about anything non-WWE, how can I watch this Kenny Omega vs ACH match?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ghost Head posted:

Since I'm absolutely clueless about anything non-WWE, how can I watch this Kenny Omega vs ACH match?

It will be on DVD sometime in the next couple months.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

I Before E posted:

It will be on DVD sometime in the next couple months.

What is this, the 1940s?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ghost Head posted:

What is this, the 1940s?

I think Highspots also offers downloads, but I'm not positive on that.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Ghost Head posted:

What is this, the 1940s?

It takes about a month from the event for them to put out DVDs. They're really high-quality though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ghost Head posted:

What is this, the 1940s?

The show with the match might be put on in psptv in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I Before E posted:

I think Highspots also offers downloads, but I'm not positive on that.

They do but BOLA wouldn't go up for download until the show after BOLA came out on DVD.

• Locked thread