Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Beeftweeter posted:

back when i worked for apple there was a manager that kept showing us lolcats (this was before ragefaces were a thing)

everyone else was laughing hysterically and i was just sitting there thinking "oh god this is so loving stupid and embarrassing for everyone involved". after a little while he realized i wasnt laughing at his stupid memes and did everything he could to make life poo poo for me while i worked there

and that manager's name was steve jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
huhuhuhuhhehehehe this cat is doing something that cats do and theres some intentionally grammatically incorrect thing on it huehuehuehueheu i have toxoplasmosis

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you sound balanced and sane and a good fit for a workplace with humans in it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

you sound balanced and sane and a good fit for a workplace with humans in it

i laugh at things that are funny

presentations with 20 slides of lolcats are not

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

correct. it's also not always fun to wear suitable clothing but you do that anyway

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

suffix posted:

qfb

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Beeftweeter posted:

i have toxoplasmosis

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

correct. it's also not always fun to wear suitable clothing but you do that anyway

wearing suitable clothing to work is something that adults do. laughing at lolcats is something that middle schoolers do

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

laughing at lolcats is something that middle schoolers do

i can confirm this

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

suffix posted:

please dont post about my stebe encounters

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

please dont post about my stebe encounters

did u touch Him???

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

PleasureKevin posted:

slack
hip chat
flowdock

which one??

slack looks p cool, looks like it's hosted remotely though
flowdock's hosted remotely, we're trying to minimize that
hip chat is immediately disqualified for rage faces

we're not supposed to be using US services cause of NSA, but everyone wants to use skype and google docs.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 6, 2014

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Condiv posted:

we're not supposed to be using US services cause of NSA, but everyone wants to use skype and google docs.

if you disqualify things for rage faces I got bad news about slack

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Condiv posted:

lol whre do u work that's that paranoid

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i think that guy just doewsnt like cats

i bet hes super into doge

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

literally the only people who know what toxoplasmosis are: people who hate cats, cat ladies, & cool awesome people who have cats who dont give a poo poo about u

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i think that guy just doewsnt like cats

i bet hes super into doge

cats are ok but i am super allergic to them so its probably some deep seated aversion to cat pictures

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

fleshweasel posted:

hipchat is cool if youre that mad about rage faces just disable em or fire people who use em i guess
we put (pawofbeast) in there where I work.

post that emote

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Miley Virus posted:

nah this gotta be on irc to be legit
Isn't hipchat based on irc?

Miley Virus posted:

HipChat is our primary chat program at Dropcam. It's I.M., group chat, and funny Internet jokes rolled into an app.

Miley Virus posted:

just what i want for my business, funny internet jokes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

burn that poo poo right down

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

cats are ok but i am super allergic to them so its probably some deep seated aversion to cat pictures

tbh thats fine

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

Isn't hipchat based on irc?

looks like xmpp

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

eschaton posted:

linux, that c+ quality undergrad project which implemented threads by forking for a long-rear end time?

when AST schooled linus, that was also p awesome

tbf linux got real threads well before windows got condition variables, real or otherwise

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Mr Dog posted:

tbf linux got real threads well before windows got condition variables, real or otherwise

u have weaker stuff like entercriticalsection tho

drat it took til vista for condition variables lmao

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Mr Dog posted:

windows: even more scrub than linux

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lolcats own

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hai

can i has iphoen big pleaz

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
if cats had acquired the ability to express themselves in words you would have thought they could do it with decent grammar and spelling it really isn't that much of a leap

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Metrication posted:

if cats had acquired the ability to express themselves in words you would have thought they could do it with decent grammar and spelling it really isn't that much of a leap

just saying "tuna" over and over doesn't require grammar

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Malcolm XML posted:

lol whre do u work that's that paranoid

research lab in france

corporate espionage by the NSA is a thing you know

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
is 'meow' a word that is the real question

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think a more interesting question is "how many different words is meow"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Metrication posted:

is 'meow' a word that is the real question

猫喵

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Re: presentation slides

Please resend without the memes. We are a Fortune 500 company, not an Internet comment section.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
why do some folk think putting their loving vacation/trip photos in their presentations and making comments regarding the local culture is appropriate behavior?

bitch we are an adult company doing adult business, gently caress off. the first time i witnessed this i almost died from second hand embarrassment.

i've seen this only from american it companies btw, is this a thing in the us? do you guys have to deal with these chucklefucks all the time?

(no we didn't do business with any of these morons. last time someone did this the deal went to LG, loving Lucky Goldstar.)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

why do some folk think putting their loving vacation/trip photos in their presentations and making comments regarding the local culture is appropriate behavior?

bitch we are an adult company doing adult business, gently caress off. the first time i witnessed this i almost died from second hand embarrassment.

i've seen this only from american it companies btw, is this a thing in the us? do you guys have to deal with these chucklefucks all the time?

(no we didn't do business with any of these morons. last time someone did this the deal went to LG, loving Lucky Goldstar.)

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

:mitt:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

here i am eating what my tour guide told me is your "national dish," and after spending a few minutes taking pictures of street children you see now i really feel like ive walked in the shoes of the beautiful people here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sudo Echo posted:

iirc the navy uses irc

yeah mirc and winirc on all the classified computers to chat with people. its basically the fastest and easiest way to do secure communication.

• Locked thread