Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Connery is officially EMERALD WEST. Get poo poo on, Connerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

It's officially Connery. You wouldn't want those players, would you? :frogbon: Also, looks like it's time to nerf the Orion...

and buff the CARV

The salt is already well under way:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2fofvp/if_you_hear_bullshit_about_connery_losing_because/

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
How did Connery blow it?
Air Spergin? Weak pushes? Freshmeat meandering?

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Nookovian-Red posted:

How did Connery blow it?

If it's anything like how they play on live, they met a force they couldn't out number 3:1.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Connery's airball in the early part of the match was dumb, and just sat in the sky while the bases they were hovering over got capped. That didn't help. Then they finally switched tactics, but by then it was too late. They had lost all momentum and ended up constantly putting out fires. Emerald kept Connery on the defensive for the entire second hour of the match, and Emerald never let up. At that point, the only hope was that Emerald would gently caress up and let Connery capitalize on that, but it never happened. They just couldn't keep up, and kept having to divide their forces to try to do something, which only led to ~~~~*REDEPLOYSIDE*~~~~ and they got smashed.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Connery also couldn't handle G2A lockons.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Nookovian-Red posted:

How did Connery blow it?

Connery had a lot of bad players a bad strategy and a bad force breakdown.

I was playing on Connery while watching the match, there was a ton of Recursion and Future Crew on, they probably should have been at the match.

They tunnel visioned on the center of the map to achieve their "objective", but it cost them a ton of bases.

They had a huge gently caress off air swarm that was too focused on having Honorrrrabu Air to Air Combat instead of doing something useful. They also just got blind sided by Redeploy Side.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
FWIW when the Recursion and Future Crew squads did show up they usually got dunked by Emerald squads. We could only hold out in 60-40 matchups for so long but there were a couple that we pulled off which really helped to break their momentum.

The biggest contributor I think was Connery overcommitting to air early on, while VS pushed the north lane up to the amp station and held them at the south.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Nobody on Connery knows how to redeploy, they all hop in vehicles to ride from one place to the next in a giant blob of 1/2 tanks and ESFs, even to assault a Biolab.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

hailthefish posted:

Nobody on Connery knows how to redeploy, they all hop in vehicles to ride from one place to the next in a giant blob of 1/2 tanks and ESFs, even to assault a Biolab.

I heard that Connery was also having everyone leave with 45 seconds left on a base capture and the Emerald last chance redeploy strat left them baffled.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

After watching a good bit of that smash I've got to say that pretty much the only servers who could possibly end the Emerald undefeated* streak are either Miller or Emerald

Miller is balls to the wall A2G and grenade/smoke spam and it's drat effective

* - Waterson's "almost wholly defeated" streak was expunged with the Merger so only the canon server remains

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So what I'm gathering from all this is, MatthersonEmerald Canon Status: Confirmed

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

NovemberMike posted:

I heard that Connery was also having everyone leave with 45 seconds left on a base capture and the Emerald last chance redeploy strat left them baffled.

Sounds like Connery alright. "We're wasting time just sitting here for it to finish capping, everybody roll out! Wait what the gently caress I thought we just took that base god damnit" over and over again forever.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Miller got poo poo on by Mattherson already. Depending on which team we sent Miller would get poo poo on again.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

hailthefish posted:

But my hardcore logistics roleplay war simulator meta*!

*Not actually a meta, SOE please give us a meta.

:suicide:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fun fact of the day:

PHX placed #16 in kills for the whole match. Only 6 outfits from Connery managed to beat them in this mark, with 3 of them being <50 kills above PHX. Phoenix Battalion was a force that all but the most elite outfits of Connery simply could not handle. PHOENIX BATTALION

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Miller got poo poo on by Mattherson already. Depending on which team we sent Miller would get poo poo on again.

They, unlike others, seem to have learned. They got rolled by us because they stuck with the A2A hellzerg. Next match, that was gone and they were all business. I don't think they'd win, but it'd be close like it was with Waterson I think

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If I recall Miller's defeat was even more humiliating.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Uh they had an A2G zerg. Not a2a.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
They should've added the phantasm instead of the valk as an NS vehicle.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Epic High Five posted:

Fun fact of the day:

PHX placed #16 in kills for the whole match. Only 6 outfits from Connery managed to beat them in this mark, with 3 of them being <50 kills above PHX. Phoenix Battalion was a force that all but the most elite outfits of Connery simply could not handle. PHOENIX BATTALION

to be fair spawn phoenix is pretty dumb

EDIT: oh wait you mean outfit not tactic lol my bad.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Uh they had an A2G zerg. Not a2a.

If you mean in Miller vs. Mattherson, Miller lost to Mattherson because they had a platoon of air to air sky nights. I remember this with 100% certainty. QRY stopped trying to fight them 1-4 and just pulled Skyguards when they tried to gate camp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS1IPlNg1RY

Connery went full A2G against Woodman and hard stomped them. I don't think extra A2G would have saved Connery. I don't think anything would have saved Connery.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Xae posted:

They had a huge gently caress off air swarm that was too focused on having Honorrrrabu Air to Air Combat instead of doing something useful.

I was happy to see VS pull some air out today, I saw a GOKU Scythe and a PREY Reaver fighting, naturally I shot down the Scythe with my lock-on, but I was surprised I didn't get a hate tell from either for interrupting their honor duel. I will say of all the VS air the GOKU pilot was the best, two other guys went into trees trying to avoid my rockets.

I noticed they fixed kills showing up and added back marksman ribbons for proximity mines again, always nice when I'm shooting at people and my guy let's out a "got him" from somebody finding a mine I dropped twenty minutes ago.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

I am getting the worst input lag all the time now. It seems the newest patch made it even worse. I'm getting to the point up wanting to buy a new mouse/keyboard setup.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

28:30 in the stream "Mattherson loves their redeploy".

:allears: we are cannon.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

ConneryDOTpng

2 Magriders and a Lightning with 2 bricks of C4.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Away all Goats posted:

Also I find it funny how we are VS for like every server smash.
Good God, if we were NC or TR we'd just be smashing their balls in.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Xae posted:

ConneryDOTpng

2 Magriders and a Lightning with 2 bricks of C4.

Where are you getting those stats from?

wei
Jul 27, 2006
http://recursiontracker.com/

Best thing about playing SS on a Live server was being able to use the RST (while also killing Recursion).

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Gazaar posted:

They should've added the phantasm instead of the valk as an NS vehicle.

No, they should give the valk a phantasm module.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Apparently my shotgun stole one too many kills away from a fellow goon while guarding a door to a generator, because I was summarily executed during a lull in the fighting. :allears:

I should get around to putting my alt in GOKU. It won't keep me from getting TK'd by fellow goons, but at least they'll be doing it out of love a different kind of hatred.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Sweet, my directives are all completely reset again. This time I wasn't even online when it happend.

Great loving job SOE.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

A good punishment for losing server smash would be to have the losing team's objectives rese- oh wait, no. That's just a reward for everyone! :allears:

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Apparently my shotgun stole one too many kills away from a fellow goon while guarding a door to a generator, because I was summarily executed during a lull in the fighting. :allears:

I should get around to putting my alt in GOKU. It won't keep me from getting TK'd by fellow goons, but at least they'll be doing it out of love a different kind of hatred.

I've never heard of a GOKU TKing someone for killstealing.

A goon killing another goon for killstealing is all kinds rude.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I've never heard of a GOKU TKing someone for killstealing.

A goon killing another goon for killstealing is all kinds rude.

The key to avoiding getting TK'ed by GOKU is never to stand near a point. 'Cause we will throw grenades on it.

Doesn't matter if we are trying to take it and have 30 men on the point. A GOKU will AV or Sticky Grenade it.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The best way to avoid being teamkilled by GOKU is to be on a different team. :v:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The best way to avoid being TKed by GOKU is to never, ever ride in Steve's vehicle. EVER.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Gonkish posted:

The best way to avoid being TKed by GOKU is to never, ever ride in Steve's vehicle. EVER.

Instead, ride in someone else's vehicle and watch what madness happens when his Galaxy or Sunderer manages to not explode.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Stay away frp, my loving mana turret too, I'm never gonna aurax that thing if I don't kill every dipshit running in front of the turret firing on full auto.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Gonkish posted:

Consequently hopping in one of Steve's vehicles is also the best way to be an accessory to mass TKing of GOKU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Westy543 posted:

Consequently hopping in one of Steve's vehicles is also the best way to be an accessory to mass TKing of GOKU.

Steve gal, you roll the dice and might end up with a few dozen people on your killboard, their faction doesn't matter.

• Locked thread