Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Pick your guitar with chopsticks. Or a muffin pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Lifehack: Cut up an empty CD spindle into dozens of a free guitar picks!

There. Full circle.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Meatwave posted:

There. Full circle.

Well, it was a full circle until you lifehacked it up into little pieces. :(

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Meatwave posted:

There. Full circle.

But then how will I store my bagel?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dovetaile posted:

Just throw it on the kitchen floor and eat it from there, you animal.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dovetaile posted:

LifeHack: melt down all your guitar picks and mold them into a CD spindle.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lifehack: cut up the remains of your half eaten bagels into bread tags to use as picks for your guitar made out of old cd spindles

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Someone at work just scissored a plastic cup open and used that pick their teeth. Somehow even worse than using their nails.

Lifehack - if you're really into being a loving animal , cut a plastic cup etc etc.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Desperado Bones posted:

They are still a thing in my country. :v:

Content:

Wouldn't it be easier and less messy to just make a stencil out of paper and stick it to yourself?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Xander77 posted:

Someone at work just scissored a plastic cup open and used that pick their teeth. Somehow even worse than using their nails.

Lifehack - if you're really into being a loving animal , cut a plastic cup etc etc.

Jesus Christ.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Planet Piss posted:

Wouldn't it be easier and less messy to just make a stencil out of paper and stick it to yourself?

Or use one of those paint applicator sharpies.

Jaramin has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Sep 6, 2014

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010

Planet Piss posted:

There are pre-cut stencils for sale for that purpose. When I worked at a tanning salon, we had rows of cutout stickers to choose from before you went into the booth. Our most popular design was the Playboy bunny, usually picked up by teenage/college aged women wearing purity rings. Small Southern towns are weird.

Life hack: print your own Playboy stickers at home so you don't have to avoid eye contact with the sales clerk.

five-ohm
Jul 22, 2011
"Things you're doing wrong every day: everything."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlA_YXDm9bg

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

five-ohm posted:

Why does Maddox always looks like his skin is about to fall off?

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Tetracube posted:

Lifehack: cut up the remains of your half eaten bagels into bread tags to use as picks for your guitar made out of old cd spindles

don't forget to use the pizza cutter :eng101:

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

five-ohm posted:

Somehow he knew enough about apples to complain about people eating the dirt around the stems, but completely missed that apple seeds have cyanide in them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aggressive pricing posted:

Somehow he knew enough about apples to complain about people eating the dirt around the stems, but completely missed that apple seeds have cyanide in them.

IMO people should eat more cyanide.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Apple seeds do contain a small amount of cyanide, which is a lethal poison, but you are protected from the toxin by the hard seed coating. If you eat whole apple seeds, they pass through your digestive system relatively untouched. If you chew the seeds thoroughly, you will be exposed to the chemicals inside the seeds, but the dose of toxins in an apple is small enough that your body can easily detoxify it.

End of Life Hack: Eat All Seeds, Chewing Thoroughly

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Devor posted:

Apple seeds do contain a small amount of cyanide, which is a lethal poison, but you are protected from the toxin by the hard seed coating. If you eat whole apple seeds, they pass through your digestive system relatively untouched. If you chew the seeds thoroughly, you will be exposed to the chemicals inside the seeds, but the dose of toxins in an apple is small enough that your body can easily detoxify it.

End of Life Hack: Eat All Seeds, Chewing Thoroughly

I heard you'd have to eat a whole cup of apple seeds to get a dangerous dose. Who has time for that?

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

Devor posted:

Apple seeds do contain a small amount of cyanide...

Yeah, I know, but if someone's going to complain about the tiny amount of dirt around the stem, they might as well mention the actual poison in the food.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Lifehack: Eat the entire loving thing except for the stem and relax secure in the knowledge your gut and immune system will protect you from the trace amounts of who-gives-a-flying-gently caress on a fruit we've been consuming, as a species, for god loving dammit millennia.

It's a loving apple. There is literally nothing more to this. Take apple, insert into mouth, chew. Why are these imbeciles even caring about this. gently caress, why am I even caring about this?!

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Tetracube posted:

you missed a perfect opportunity like a animal you piece of poo poo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Angela Christine posted:

I heard you'd have to eat a whole cup of apple seeds to get a dangerous dose. Who has time for that?

People do eat whole cups of seeds sometimes.

"Harm reduction" lifehack: available at garden stores.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jeherrin posted:

Lifehack: Eat the entire loving thing except for the stem and relax secure in the knowledge your gut and immune system will protect you from the trace amounts of who-gives-a-flying-gently caress on a fruit we've been consuming, as a species, for god loving dammit millennia.

It's a loving apple. There is literally nothing more to this. Take apple, insert into mouth, chew. Why are these imbeciles even caring about this. gently caress, why am I even caring about this?!

We haven't actually been eating uncooked apples for very long at all :ssh:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Jeherrin posted:

And how we lived that long without NutellaTM, I'll never know!

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

cheerfullydrab posted:

People do eat whole cups of seeds sometimes.

"Harm reduction" lifehack: available at garden stores.

And there are these that give you a slight chance of having a weak, somewhat acid-like trip and a much bigger chance of losing your legs to vasoconstriction

Life hack! Too socially awkward to find a drug dealer? Eat mildly poisonous plants instead!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's basically the vanilla extract of psychedelics.

So something I could see lifehackers enjoying.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
How does the apple hack save you money unless you have a daily by-volume apple consumption quota?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AKA Pseudonym posted:

How does the apple hack save you money unless you have a daily by-volume apple consumption quota?

Hey, I can see it if you're being mysteriously attacked by roaming packs of doctors

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Lifehack: If you eat apple seeds, smoke some cigarettes…the smoke will suffocate the bacteria in your stomach.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Minarch posted:

Huh, that's kinda like the idea I had for dickskirts

"Hide your hideous nutsack at the nude beach with the dickskirt!"

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

From this album: http://imgur.com/gallery/Xq1jf

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

The only one that doesn't seem unnecessary or stupid is the doggy harness thing, cause loving having a big ol' golden retriever try to climb into your lap while driving down the road.

The rest seems like the crap you'd find at a Brookstones. The "Smart Swipe" seems like something my grandma would buy just to have her identity stolen anyways.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Leper Residue posted:

The only one that doesn't seem unnecessary or stupid is the doggy harness thing, cause loving having a big ol' golden retriever try to climb into your lap while driving down the road.

The rest seems like the crap you'd find at a Brookstones. The "Smart Swipe" seems like something my grandma would buy just to have her identity stolen anyways.

The collapsible kettle would pretty sweet for camping, if it's not a piece of crap or anything.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Just buy some loving sausage, oh my god.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Pomp posted:

Just buy some loving sausage, oh my god.

Sausage is usually pork, so it might not be for everyone, but they do in fact make beef hotdogs.

Also is that the finished product in the background? They look like terds with condiments.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Leper Residue posted:

Sausage is usually pork, so it might not be for everyone, but they do in fact make beef hotdogs.

Also is that the finished product in the background? They look like terds with condiments.

The problem with this isn't that it's beef (I can't actually remember the last pork sausage I had), it's that you're gonna have a crumbly dog that's a pain in the rear end to cook with none of what actually makes a decent dog good, while also offering zero advantages over a hamburger.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

tough bun to chew

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Leper Residue posted:

The wireless key finder seems pretty useful as well, especially if you attached it to a tv remote instead of keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pomp posted:

The problem with this isn't that it's beef (I can't actually remember the last pork sausage I had), it's that you're gonna have a crumbly dog that's a pain in the rear end to cook with none of what actually makes a decent dog good, while also offering zero advantages over a hamburger.

You save money and hassle by not needing to buy both hamburger and hotdog buns! Hotdog buns for everything. :downs: