Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Speaking of Sims 4, have a quote from that game's thread:

Republican Vampire posted:

So, one of my Sims suffered a bladder failure, but that action's still in his queue so whenever he doesn't have another action waiting, he pisses himself. Also his hand appears to have merged with a pot of spaghetti.

The Perpetual Pisser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO2mHJv02qo

:effort:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Snapchat A Titty posted:

While playing the swamp DLC in Fallout 3 I fired off a nuke inside the old gothic mansion while rednecks were attacking, and they all went absolutely nuts, stretching out to thin pseudohumans & getting stuck in geometry. It was pretty freaky.

Reminds me of my favorite Mass Effect 1 glitch: getting hit with too many biotic effects during the Benezia boss fight and melting through the floor like some magically expanding wet spaghetti man.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Devor posted:

I'm sure I first saw this article in this thread, but it's amazing

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/5351052/breaking-madden-super-bowl-broncos-seahawks

The same guy also did something similar with NBA 2K14. Its much less glitchy and more the game trying to cope with the worst of the worst, but just as good a read

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Just got through this entire fabulous thread and it's hard to pick a single best but this might be it. That mouse is just incredible.

"Now he's just making door sounds with his beard" got me at 1:25. More games need this style of glitch.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Haha that was good, I wish he had did a little more with the doomsday players like maybe after it was only them in the league he would show the MVP and their season stats.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Was playing some Sports Friends last night when this decided to happen (sorry for the cellphone video but crashing the game means I can't have the direct feed).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KtpTeEoDnc

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

fits posted:

The same guy also did something similar with NBA 2K14. Its much less glitchy and more the game trying to cope with the worst of the worst, but just as good a read

This is brilliant.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

fits posted:

I'm reading this now. My favorite part so far is that one of the players is so bad he actually is not getting paid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From my latest Dead Space 3 stream:

(No, this was not in zero gravity. He was just, like, on the floor doing that.)

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
“Nothing goes over my head!”

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

fits posted:

That guy can do amazing apocalyptic fiction with the bar-none weakest loving premises.

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013
At some point, the developers of Tribes: Ascend decided to remake some old maps for the latest game in the series. For those who do not know - the game centers around capture the flag at high speeds.

One of the added maps were Raindance - an open and nice-looking map with the flags being on top of platforms some 10-15 m over the ground.

However, this being Hi-Rez doing the development, some issues were obviously present in the map - most critically: bugged geometry around the flag stand.

This allowed this to happen:

Please note that I actually hit the skybox in this case.

Here's a video of how bugged the geometry is (seriously, watch this):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFw7qVqicD8

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well Tribes as a series built it's unique gameplay style based on a bug, so I am not exactly seeing anything wrong with that video. And even in the early days of Ascend you could go ridiculously high by going equally ridiculously fast.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Somfin posted:

That guy can do amazing apocalyptic fiction with the bar-none weakest loving premises.

He wrote what amounts to basically a novella about Tim Tebow going to a fantasy Canada where they play the craziest version of football ever. I read the first chapter and want to read more, but it's so absurd that I can't even handle it for extended periods. For instance, in order to save money, Toronto communicates across the city by a series of pipes which you shout into, which then travels through an underground network of more pipes and twelve year olds repeating your message at various intervals.

He also started Breaking Madden back up.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

fits posted:

This is more beautiful than the Madden one. He's poisoning the game and there's nothing it can do. It tries but there's nothing to give.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
10/10 would fight in the black void. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI7gOTJe8lI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

fits posted:

That was pretty fantastic. Loved the guy who was so bad he wasn't getting paid and the weird Obama is President-for-life bug. You'd think that if a game is designed to go up to 30 years into the future they'd randomize the President after at least 8 years.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

fits posted:

Oh my god, this is brilliant. Somehow, Jon Bois takes fiddling with game settings and turns it into sidesplitting apocalyptic brilliance. I'm dying here.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

muscles like this? posted:

That was pretty fantastic. Loved the guy who was so bad he wasn't getting paid and the weird Obama is President-for-life bug. You'd think that if a game is designed to go up to 30 years into the future they'd randomize the President after at least 8 years.

I loved the narrative of these pathetic assholes being forced to ball, despite their utter inability. Basketball becomes a sort of death camp for the capricious whims of King Obama.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Since we're on the subject, I just learned from Giant Bomb today that Breaking Madden is back.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
6 posts above you dude.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I can't understand a thing he's doing in most of these columns, but I loving love the gifs.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This man gives sports titles their true purpose.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Suspicious Cook posted:

This man gives sports titles their true purpose.

It's as if he's terrified to find an opponent that isn't essentially a human kettlebell.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Wow, even attempting sit-ups can be fatal if you're that out of shape, I guess.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 10:57 on Sep 10, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's almost like it's symbolic of The Sims 4 as a whole.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

CJacobs posted:

Can you really call a cheat/debug code a glitch?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

It reminds me of when Scrooge McDuck and some other rich guy are trying to outdo each other by building increasingly large statues.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

davidspackage posted:

It reminds me of when Scrooge McDuck and some other rich guy are trying to outdo each other by building increasingly large statues.

Flintheart Glomgold, who stole and cheated his way to richness, made the mistake of trying to steal from Scrooge when they were both young in australia.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

WirelessPillow posted:

Flintheart Glomgold, who stole and cheated his way to richness, made the mistake of trying to steal from Scrooge when they were both young in australia.

Nope, the guy in the story was Maharajah of Howduyustan. Scrooge showed that he had an additional money bin full of cash underneath the one that was emptied to win to contest.

In a later Don Rosa story, the largest statue was still standing, and was repurposed as a museum/library.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

WirelessPillow posted:

Nah he met Flinty in the Transvaal goldfields, before he went to Australia.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

That is just fantastic, I had no idea that's how they pulled off that effect. Like, it seems obvious now, but it was damned impressive at a distance.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Somfin posted:

That is just fantastic, I had no idea that's how they pulled off that effect. Like, it seems obvious now, but it was damned impressive at a distance.

Pretty much every game that has a big battle going on does stuff like this. To me the most impressive was when Kingdom Hearts 2 managed to have you fight through a thousand enemies in one fight. It probably used the same method for the most part, but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Oblivion does that with the arena audience. They're just continually clapping/cheering people. With no eyes.