Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Apparently my shotgun stole one too many kills away from a fellow goon while guarding a door to a generator, because I was summarily executed during a lull in the fighting. :allears:

I should get around to putting my alt in GOKU. It won't keep me from getting TK'd by fellow goons, but at least they'll be doing it out of love a different kind of hatred.

lmbo who was that nerd, name and shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010

Westy543 posted:

Consequently hopping in one of Steve's vehicles is also the best way to be an accessory to mass TKing of GOKU.

10/10 would fly in a gal in near Steve's gal again.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Chance posted:

Steve gal, you roll the dice and might end up with a few dozen people on your killboard, their faction doesn't matter.

The Steve gal sounds suspiciously like sticky grenades :v:

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 7
Daily sale: Sunderer Ghoulish Horn
Members sale: AS16 Nighthawk / AF-57 Piston / Pandora VX25

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

o muerte posted:

The Steve gal sounds suspiciously like sticky grenades :v:

Only with a lot more laughter involved. Either in the inevitable crash, or when he somehow wedges it in on the perfect frame and he gets a Galaxy inside a biolab.

I swear, Steve will someday manage to get a Gal inside a biolab.

wei
Jul 27, 2006
Some numbers from the Server Smash I found amusing or interesting.

code:
Parallax VX3       30          TSAR-42           95
XM98               27          RAMS .50M         53
Ghost               4          99SV               2
V10                 2				
Phaseshift VX-S     1				
I thought it was Connery being Connery but it's probably just Torokokill.

code:
Orion VS54       2761          T9 CARV         1270
SVA-88            724          MSW-R            952
Lasher X2         389          T7 Mini-Chaingun	412
Flare VE6         198          TMG-50           224
Ursa               60          T32 Bull         195
VX29 Polaris       36          T16 Rhino        165
Pulsar LSW          3          T9 CARV-S         62

Terminus VX-9     902          Cycler TRV       340
H-V45             542          TORQ-9           322
Pulsar VS1         80          TAR              282
CME                50          T1 Cycler        187
Equinox VE2        45          T1S Cycler        79
Corvus VA55        29          SABR-13           17

Blueshift VM5     761          MRC3 Mercy       173
Nebula VM20       107          M3 Pounder HEG   142
Comet VM2          59          M6 Onslaught     137
Cosmos VM3         49          M2 Mutilator     127
Quasar VM1         32          M1 Heavy Cycler   60
Most people have already seen these. I want to know what was going through the minds of those guys using the Equinox and Corvus. Why is there one gun that's so heavily favoured for the VS in these classes?

code:
Proton II PPA-H   162          P525 Marauder      5
Proton II PPA      35          P525 Marauder-H    1
The PPA is not balanced.

code:
Light PPA         225          M18 Needler      284
Saron LC          202          M14 Banshee      264
Hailstorm Turbo    87          Hellfire Pods    163
Photon A2AM        71          M18 Rotary        70
Dual Photon Pods   57          Tomcat A2AM       46
Antares LC         32          M18 Locust         2

% kills done with A2A Missiles
VS             10.53%          TR             5.55%
Dishonourable Emerald pilots.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

wei posted:

Most people have already seen these. I want to know what was going through the minds of those guys using the Equinox and Corvus. Why is there one gun that's so heavily favoured for the VS in these classes?
See below. Because most VS classes have 'One reasonably solid gun, but obviously never better than the TR version, don't be silly now' and 'Some obviously bad ones'.

quote:

The PPA is not balanced.
No, no it is not. It's legit stupid good compared to the other factions, and I'd still be quite happy to see it punched into the ground, so it exposes the train wreck that is most of the rest of the VS arsenal. (Well, except the Light PPA compared to the Banshee. I'd punch a kitten for the Banshee. Why is the AI Valkyrie nosegun not just a copy/paste of the Banshee?)

quote:

Dishonourable Emerald pilots.
E-DISHONOURABU~! Get it right.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Shockeh posted:

No, no it is not. It's legit stupid good compared to the other factions, and I'd still be quite happy to see it punched into the ground, so it exposes the train wreck that is most of the rest of the VS arsenal. (Well, except the Light PPA compared to the Banshee. I'd punch a kitten for the Banshee. Why is the AI Valkyrie nosegun not just a copy/paste of the Banshee?)

It'd be cool to have that train wreck exposed. What's not gonna be cool is how long it takes (if it happens at all) for a decent change to come about for our arsenal.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zaodai posted:

Apparently my shotgun stole one too many kills away from a fellow goon while guarding a door to a generator, because I was summarily executed during a lull in the fighting. :allears:
Name and shame, please, so I will repeatedly teamkill that guy (probably part of the mass comedy "invite everyone in platoon to GOON" which means he will leave the outfit immediately if I catch him again)

Basically everyone not on Mumble (mic not required) is liable to be a fuckwit.

Xae posted:

The key to avoiding getting TK'ed by GOKU is never to stand near a point. 'Cause we will throw grenades on it.

Doesn't matter if we are trying to take it and have 30 men on the point. A GOKU will AV or Sticky Grenade it.
My personal benchmark is a sticky grenade basically killing everyone who was actually holding on to the point allowing the TR to fill it immediately :downsgun:

I would be very surprised if any of you guys bumble sticky grenades worse than I do. I rack up 5-10 in an hour

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 7, 2014

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Shockeh posted:

I rarely find a PPA to gun and I have had really lovely luck parking and jumping into the gunners seat of my own, I did dump about 1.8k certs into my Harasser today and made a random gunner happy though when I found three AOD Sunderers parked in a group.

Mostly have to make due with the post-nerf HEAT which still has its moments.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

But Not Tonight posted:

It'd be cool to have that train wreck exposed. What's not gonna be cool is how long it takes (if it happens at all) for a decent change to come about for our arsenal.

That's funny someone in channel last night was saying "all the guns are basically the same across factions".

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Coredump posted:

That's funny someone in channel last night was saying "all the guns are basically the same across factions".

That IS a pretty funny joke!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Klowns posted:

I rarely find a PPA to gun and I have had really lovely luck parking and jumping into the gunners seat of my own, I did dump about 1.8k certs into my Harasser today and made a random gunner happy though when I found three AOD Sunderers parked in a group.

Mostly have to make due with the post-nerf HEAT which still has its moments.

It's always the guns I hate the most that I do the best with. For example, with the HEAT (last thing to aurax before lighting directive), which I can't stand because it's junk, I have a 1317 SPH :eyepop:. It can't kill tanks for poo poo, but I have 24 VKPH (the #1 guy on the DA leaderboad has 21.2). I have 70.8% accuracy, with the #1 guy having 67.8%. I don't know why I'm not on the leaderboard since I'm at 518 kills with it, but the only stat I'm not well ahead of the leaders with (besides raw kills ofc) is KPH, which I land at #3.

Just wanted to brag a little :shobon:

Ninja edit: The DA Leaderboard is strange. I'm not on the Zephyr leaderboard either (was checking SPM stats) and it's auraxed so :confused:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

Ninja edit: The DA Leaderboard is strange. I'm not on the Zephyr leaderboard either (was checking SPM stats) and it's auraxed so :confused:

It's probably because there's shittons of nerds who have the zephyr auraxed and then some.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

The DA leaderboards are a joke, weapon balance has changed so much in two years that historical data over two months old doesn't mean poo poo. Compare people who used the TAR or the HV45 for 5k kills before they were nerfed, or the MSW, or the SV-88. The guns behave entirely differently now and comparing pre-nerf stats with post-nerf is just :laffo:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

wei posted:

VS weapon "design" is as follows: take one (1) TR weapon, now gimp it somehow, and give it to VS. Watch as even gimpy TR clones become the best available weapon in that weapon class. High-five your weapon designers, because they're basically retards.

The Orion is generally better than the other LMGs. The SVA-88 has a niche, but the rest are generally not as good. The Terminus is hilariously better than literally every other VS assault rifle, and that's not hyperbole. The Blueshifts are the "ranged" MAX AI weapons.

So yeah, Orion, Terminus, and Blueshifts doesn't surprise me at all. The reason TR is spread out is because they have, you know, some actual choices in their weapons. VS generally has one or two guns that are strictly better (especially in terms of ARs and carbines), and the rest of the guns are there to aurax and then forget that they exist.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 7, 2014

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Gonkish posted:

VS weapon "design" is as follows: take one (1) TR weapon, now gimp it somehow to make up for the addition of no bullet drop, and give it to VS. Watch as even gimpy TR clones become the best available weapon in that weapon class. High-five your weapon designers, because they're basically retards.

Fixed that for ya

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yes, the almighty no bullet drop.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Hey! Count your blessings mister! I've missed so many headshots cause I didn't account for the pixels worth of drop that most guns have at the ranges where one is actually useful in a fight!

So is the game safe to log into or are directives still getting wiped regularly?

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Broose posted:

Hey! Count your blessings mister! I've missed so many headshots cause I didn't account for the pixels worth of drop that most guns have at the ranges where one is actually useful in a fight!

So is the game safe to log into or are directives still getting wiped regularly?

Mine got wiped for a second time a day or two ago, this time while I was offline. Apparently you don't even need to log in to have it happen now.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Obviously the reason VS players who dual faction with TR are so bad at using TR guns is because we've gotten used to the crutch that is no bullet drop. :allears:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Gonkish posted:

VS weapon "design" is as follows: take one (1) TR weapon, now gimp it somehow, and give it to VS. Watch as even gimpy TR clones become the best available weapon in that weapon class. High-five your weapon designers, because they're basically retards.

The Orion is generally better than the other LMGs. The SVA-88 has a niche, but the rest are generally not as good. The Terminus is hilariously better than literally every other VS assault rifle, and that's not hyperbole. The Blueshifts are the "ranged" MAX AI weapons.

So yeah, Orion, Terminus, and Blueshifts doesn't surprise me at all. The reason TR is spread out is because they have, you know, some actual choices in their weapons. VS generally has one or two guns that are strictly better (especially in terms of ARs and carbines), and the rest of the guns are there to aurax and then forget that they exist.

Blueshifts are actually inferior max weapons because they basically turn your max into a giant HA, sure if you play like an HA they will be awesome for you but for a max crash you actually want nebs/cosmos. Dual exmag cosmos allow you to crash into a point then proceed to kill every single enemy in that point room before reloading. Theres no aiming required just point yourself in their general direction and don't let go of the trigger.

Blueshifts require you to aim at their heads instead of wildly spraying as you run wild in the point room.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Ever since I switched to Emerald TR from Connery VS, I've seen a notable increase in the number of people who will just throw themselves in front of an allied MAX while they are firing at something. I've had awkward moments where I'm stomping around with some random infantry, I spot a NC MAX ahead, and behold not only did the Infantry behind me run into my Mercies, but the NC infantry behind the NC MAX ran in front of his Grinders :psyduck:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Yeah Arghy why would anybody want to be a HA with quadruple the health and high-capacity auto-stabilized guns with better DPS output than LMGs? What possible purpose could that serve? :jerkbag:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Nakar posted:

Yeah Arghy why would anybody want to be a HA with quadruple the health and high-capacity auto-stabilized guns with better DPS output than LMGs? What possible purpose could that serve? :jerkbag:

Because you could instead run around with better DPS and 50% more bullets to shoot? Blueshift vs cosmos is a great example of paper vs reality, the times you are engaging someone at 50-100m in a max compared to the times your rushing into a small box filled with hostile enemies. Blueshifts are great for when your just running around as a max with no goal other then kill mans but when your breaching a well defended point filled with hostile infantry you want the stronger guns that dont require aiming and reloading.

Cosmos are great for small rooms where your CoF doesn't matter because everyone is within 20m of you, blueshifts are great for small/large open bases where your lack of fall off and accuracy matters.

You can actually swap between weapons and cater your max experience to the battlefield!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Groggy nard posted:

Ever since I switched to Emerald TR from Connery VS, I've seen a notable increase in the number of people who will just throw themselves in front of an allied MAX while they are firing at something. I've had awkward moments where I'm stomping around with some random infantry, I spot a NC MAX ahead, and behold not only did the Infantry behind me run into my Mercies, but the NC infantry behind the NC MAX ran in front of his Grinders :psyduck:

I actually had to announce in /yell the other day for people to stop running in front of my locked-down Mutilator MAX as I was hosing a biolab landing pad. I watched one guy get hit, step back out of the line of fire, then after waiting for his shields to regen walked back in despite that he watched a good ten seconds of solid chaingun fire at the same spot.

What I'm saying is that pubbies are goddamn idiots.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Well, the good news is that hitching wasn't bad just now for me

The bad news is that the game is once again hard locking my computer and forcing a reboot randomly in game.

I'm about to roll back to the Februrary drivers AGAIN because those were the last ones that didn't do this poo poo

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Remember the 3 month content freeze when SOE was optimizing their game?

Isn't it about time for another content hiatus? :shepface:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ass_Burgerer posted:

What did you expect from an indie developer like SOE? its not like they have enough people to do multiple things at once!

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Ass_Burgerer posted:

You know fully well that if SOE did this the only long term result would be NC denied their cowboy hat longer still. :colbert:

:negative:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, the game runs like absolute garbage and I'm frightened about losing my pixels, so I'm taking a hiatus until they get their poo poo together, which is good because I just realized DkS2 has DLC. Nanites are eating like 1/10 shots, I randomly drop to 15 FPS and stay that way until I restart, random crashes and freezes, and the assortment of new and exciting bugs are much worse than invisible rocks in biolabs or the usual SOE poo poo.

No loving cowboy hat either, what the gently caress.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Arghy posted:

Cosmos are great for small rooms where your CoF doesn't matter because everyone is within 20m of you, blueshifts are great for small/large open bases where your lack of fall off and accuracy matters.

I figured out a long time ago that the best combo is actually running around with a Blueshift and a Cosmos arm, you are never not firing bullets. Though I do tend to run dual Mutilators instead of a Mutilator and a Mercy because accuracy becomes a secondary concern when you're spitting out bullets that quickly; dual lockdown Mutilators do to infantry what a dual Walker Sunderer does to air.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Yeah I dunno what's the deal with the delay of the latest player studio cosmetics since what, March? :( Guess they're just really busy fixing their back-end dev stuff, but I guess the end result is a more powerful dev team with bringing the PS4 team over.

JoeytheRumpWrecker
Aug 31, 2014
Is it just me, or does it seem all the player studio helmets (at least for the NC) are coming from roughly the same 4 guys?

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Does anyone using a Recursion voicepack other than Bill Sussman have favorite sound clip/cheevo combinations? I'm looking to add a little variety to my mashup. Right now I've trimmed down some of the 20-30s clips in Bill Sussman and added a few things from Soupy (the top gun clips for ESF kill streaks) but I'm always on the lookout for some good new ones. I really should get around to editing an "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!" clip for the Juggernaut cheevo.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

JoeytheRumpWrecker posted:

Is it just me, or does it seem all the player studio helmets (at least for the NC) are coming from roughly the same 4 guys?

Until only a couple months ago it was only open to US submissions, and they have a backlog of content to actually add.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

JoeytheRumpWrecker posted:

And those four guys are all on the Player Studio forums complaining that there's just too many people making Player Studio content so they're just not making nearly enough money anymore. :downsgun:

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Valkyries are basically the AV Mana turret buff I've been waiting for. Flys slower than an ESF, has to fly lower than an ESF, way fatter than an ESF, likely to give at least a single kill per strike, and higby help us might actually give kills based on nanite cost in the future.

http://www.gfycat.com/ImprobableIllGoshawk

http://www.gfycat.com/DazzlingImprobableCobra

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What is the next big game update anyway? Have they announced empire specific harassers yet? ES lightning or liberator weapons? Continental lattice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

What is the next big game update anyway? Have they announced empire specific harassers yet? ES lightning or liberator weapons? Continental lattice?

ES buggies next 6 months, lightning no but faction cosmetic armor kits coming to everything from player studio, continental lattice not likely unless they really poo poo out battle islands way faster than expected, the lib got the TR one called the duster :V

• Locked thread