Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
babies in this thread. liq is spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I agree

Also please don't fat shame Chris Hero

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

LividLiquid posted:

The subject comes up when you're talking about an industry so full of it, and people tweet terrible stuff. Stop making it off limits, and just come up with another thing to talk about that's more interesting instead of arguing with people about it.

There's a reason you get a chorus of people telling you to shut the gently caress up every single time you go on one of these self-righteous tangents, and it's not what you think it is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

There's a reason you get a chorus of people telling you to shut the gently caress up every single time you go on one of these self-righteous tangents, and it's not what you think it is.

Also, it's not like we don't discuss the huge social problems the industry has.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yuriy posted:

i too think that the thread about wrasslers posting funny pics and < 140 character messages is the place to discuss "slut shaming" and domestic abuse

the gently caress is wrong with you people
Peak post/av synergy here

Anyway https://twitter.com/StardustWWE/status/507375413241589761 go heel stardust go

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Basic Chunnel posted:

Anyway https://twitter.com/StardustWWE/status/507375413241589761 go heel stardust go
FYI, This won't let me see the pic without a twitter account because of "sensitive material."

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

FYI, This won't let me see the pic without a twitter account because of "sensitive material."

I don't have a twitter account, I just hit the big "View" button to let me see the picture.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I hope Stardust has a promo tonight that talks about Final Destination. :allears:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Mystery Opponent posted:

Also please don't fat shame Chris HeroSamoa Joe

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I don't have a twitter account, I just hit the big "View" button to let me see the picture.
Put me on the ice flow, gentlemen.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Tea Ceremony with Mariko Yoshida might end up with just as much violence

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I know you think you made a sweet burn here but that says #mma, not MRA or w/e bogeyman you're going after and if it's the fedora that's Nikita "The Al Capone" Krylov, future UFC LHW champion

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I hang out in #mma and hate women, because their genitals frighten me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

I know you think you made a sweet burn here but that says #mma, not MRA or w/e bogeyman you're going after and if it's the fedora that's Nikita "The Al Capone" Krylov, future UFC LHW champion

"The Al Capone" is a really stupid nickname. The real Al Capone would be "THE" Al Capone.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

A Keg posted:

I hang out in #mma and hate women, because their genitals frighten me.

same but more their "striking" than their presumably Chyna like hoo-hahs

TheJoker138 posted:

"The Al Capone" is a really stupid nickname. The real Al Capone would be "THE" Al Capone.

English is not his first language, it's a mixture of Ukrainian and violence

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yuriy posted:

i too think that the thread about wrasslers posting funny pics and < 140 character messages is the place to discuss "slut shaming" and domestic abuse

the gently caress is wrong with you people

If there is a place to discuss it it is definitely the twitter thread.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

English is not his first language, it's a mixture of Ukrainian and violence

Someone should explain to him in commie that his nickname is dumb.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
really every thread should be turned into the slut-shaming/domestic abuse discussion, because it is a serious problem that we need to solve.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

spongeh posted:

really every thread should be turned into the slut-shaming/domestic abuse discussion, because it is a serious problem that we need to solve.

youre right, lets sit around agreeing with each other and patting ourselves on the back for "raising awareness" or w/e it is people who care about this poo poo do instead of actually doing poo poo

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
It's important, when telling a forum of liberals in the Photos of Fat Chris Hero Thread that slut shaming is bad, to use the most shrill posting voice possible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yuriy posted:

youre right, lets sit around agreeing with each other
you're pretty good at that champ, you've been banging on longer than lividliquid did

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yuriy posted:

youre right, lets sit around agreeing with each other and patting ourselves on the back for "raising awareness" or w/e it is people who care about this poo poo do instead of actually doing poo poo

We wouldn't be talking about it at all right now if not for you. Please calm down.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i will continue to talk about how much i hate talking about this thing, thanx

the best wrestler twitter is still Dean Ambrose's

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Alouicious posted:

i will continue to talk about how much i hate talking about this thing, thanx

the best wrestler twitter is still Dean Ambrose's

Wrong, it's Sid.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Perigryn posted:

A Simon Adebisi one at that.

Most people I'm around are only all about the current shows but knows dick about anything pre-2010. After so many times of mentioning Oz to a blank stare, so glad someone else still at least thinks about it too.

I'm a few weeks behind on the other wrestling threads but I'm kind of surprised about people not posting the Punk wedding picture yet. (I know we were politely told not to.) It's easily findable after a few seconds of googling and I think it's a really good happy picture Punk should be proud of people passing around. Sure it's his private life and his right, sure it's not his dick but hey that doesn't make it any worse, but c'mon Punk is not a stupid guy. Did he possibly believe throwing a hissy fit on twitter about it calling people pig fuckers or whatever would result in anything less than a weddding pic explosion? I'm all about people having private lives don't get me wrong, but man the cat was out of the bag at that point and he was only throwing gas on the fire. Maybe he's a super genius and doing this to keep himself current/relevant or whatever.

Even with all of the weirdness and drama surrounding his departure, and even though I would have personally (who cares what I would do anyway right) gave some kind of a goodbye or catcha later tweet to my hardcore loyal rear end fans, that pic of the title in his fridge he posted eons ago still makes up for it all.

Also for all it's worth I felt the need to make like my 5th tweet ever because of something I randomly saw late as poo poo at a vet office I was working at on Friday. It was about midnight, I was upgrading all kinds of stuff and it was taking forever, was hungry, in a bad mood, then this put a big rear end smile on my face:

Something I didn't say in the tweet, because I didn't want to come off as a Ryback basher, is that this towel is being used to dry litter boxes haha.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 9, 2014

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Yuriy posted:

from now on make sure the discussion in here is about twitter only guys

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nerokerubina posted:

:vince:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nerokerubina posted:

Dont do that either

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Move on, please.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
YOU LEAVE WADE BARRETT OUT OF THIS, YOU gently caress! HE STARRED IN DEAD MAN DOWN!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tyson Tomko posted:

Something I didn't say in the tweet, because I didn't want to come off as a Ryback basher, is that this towel is being used to dry litter boxes haha.

BIG SCOOPS
BIG POOPS

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is it Canada or America that has the hard on for punishing Canadian Indy wrestlers?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean he's from Cleveland
Exactly, he should know better.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

drat it hoot I came to post that.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

KungFu Grip posted:

Is it Canada or America that has the hard on for punishing Canadian Indy wrestlers?

Canada, I believe. I vaguely remember AoW stories where people had to call themselves theater performers or some such instead of wrestlers in order to get across the border.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BlueArmyMan posted:

Canada, I believe. I vaguely remember AoW stories where people had to call themselves theater performers or some such instead of wrestlers in order to get across the border.

That's for Americans though, Colt himself has a bunch of stories from earlier in his career about trouble at the Canadian border. Both countries can be tough on indie wrestlers from the other side of the border.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Ok I have seen a couple of Rybacks youtube videos before (hospital bed and him in his apartment yelling Ryback Rules) but I had no idea others existed. He is too drat fun man seriously. Him and Axel must have a drat blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWpqvbspn8Q

sticklefifer posted:

BIG SCOOPS
BIG POOPS

Haha

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 9, 2014

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sticklefifer posted:

BIG SCOOPS
BIG POOPS