Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I inventories my Infinity collection today. I have 250+ unpainted minis. Apparently the way to mitigate the problem is to buy another TAG and four drones. :suicide:

I think I'm gonna stop taking commissions for a while and go for a mass painting spree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

drat. I did a quick check recently too, and I have about 3000 pts spread across 4 faction. Which is only about 100 models or so.

But I don't like fielding unpainted armies (even though with my painting skills they might actually look better), so they get painted fairly quickly. The last time I had a glut of a faction to paint, I just couldn't work up the motivation and sold them all instead.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I used to own every single model (at that stage) in the PanO faction. All painted.

I now have around 500pts left. It was ridiculous.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I am thinking of going deep into the Haqqislam, especially the Qapu Kalqi sectorial, though I am really interested to see how the Kaliphate will end up. And also Ariadna, would love to play Merovingians.

There are just too many awesome choices to have :)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Dr. Worm, MD, PhD is the correct pronunciation of the Obsidon Medchanoid, anyone who mispronounces it should be immediately corrected. :colbert:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I call him the Obsidian Bananoid. Or Wormbot and the Wormlets.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

"Good lord man! I'm a Doctor, not a Human! This is a Cube Replacement, not a Sepsitor!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKtZ_r0V6E

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I really like the not-Saber look of new Joan :swoon:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Want me some of that Joan booty.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

HiveCommander posted:

I really like the not-Saber look of new Joan :swoon:

Joan really deserves a new resculpt, too. She does a lot of recruitment heavy lifting in my store when I explain
"Yeah, she's a badass cyborg recreation of what the amoral AI Government though Joan of Arc was meant to be like, who succeeded in uniting an order of power armoured space knights!"

Then they see the model.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

WAR FOOT posted:

Joan really deserves a new resculpt, too.

Joan will indeed be getting a resculpt. There are actually going to be two new versions of her. One being the normal release, and the other being a limited edition sculpt that comes with Angel's painting book if you pre-order.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Paint thread crosspost:
Finally getting around to figuring out a good scheme for my Combined (or at least the Morat chunk of it), just basing it off the studio black and red. Simple enough that I can whip 'em out relatively quickly, interesting enough to make me actually care about doing so. Mostly the red is really fun to do, and comes together well. Have and Vanguard and a Suryat, both with HMGs.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Yup, that looks rad as hell.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Noice! Now post the rest of your CA so I can get inspired.

Edit: did anyone here post a link to a combined army blog? It might have been in spanish.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 8, 2014

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

Got to play through all the scenarios of Icestorm with Deviant and OB_Juan. Pretty fun stuff, though I'm definitely eager to expand the available rules for each model to offer some more variety.

This may have been covered earlier in the thread, if so I apologize and blame my impatience. How big is the game mat that comes in the new starter set?

jadarx
May 25, 2012

Prefect Six posted:

This may have been covered earlier in the thread, if so I apologize and blame my impatience. How big is the game mat that comes in the new starter set?

80 x 60 cm, according to this review
http://www.data-sphere.net/operation-icestorm-review/

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Just found 2'x3' in this thread too :negative:

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

So got to play in a 250pt semi ITS tournament (run by War Foot) this last Sunday and had a good solid day of Infinity playing.

My first two games was up against a Gorgos then a Jotum. I was playing Military Orders and honestly kinda only half considered the possibility of TAGs (mostly because my usual opponent doesn't run any) and got my poo poo kicked in by both of 'em (though my Magister Knight link was able to take out the Jotum).

Ended up going one loss, one win, two draws. But one of those draws was kinda bullshit because I basically got tabled in turn 2 but had enough objectives to make it a tie. Felt a bit bad about that one.

All in all though, it was an awesome event with plenty of different armies and some absolutely gorgeous tables. Next time, I'll definitely pack some heavier weaponry though.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Prefect Six posted:

3'x2', so it's a relatively small area and in the later scenarios it becomes slightly crowded (though not terribly so). Having to deploy and move in such tight areas really teaches you quickly how to manage your movement.

On an Icestorm note, I just finished painting my Nisses:

Doing up a couple of the Nomad models as well now, to break up all the white/blue painting.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Why is there no anime dog in my anime game? Give me an anime dog. Anime dogs own. Doges are acceptable.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

PierreTheMime posted:

Owns.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Chill la Chill posted:

Why is there no anime dog in my anime game? Give me an anime dog. Anime dogs own. Doges are acceptable.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

PierreTheMime posted:

Owns.

Agreed!

How did you paint the coat?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Hortism posted:

Ended up going one loss, one win, two draws. But one of those draws was kinda bullshit because I basically got tabled in turn 2 but had enough objectives to make it a tie. Felt a bit bad about that one.

There is no reason to feel bad about this :colbert:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

NEIN!

Give me a proper anime dog in my anime game

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Agreed!

How did you paint the coat?

Thanks. :shobon:

Prime black, base coat of Balor Brown, followed by a 50/50 mix of Balor Brown and White Scar, followed by a few thinned layers of White Scar, a wash of Agrax Earthshade, and touch-ups of White Scar again.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

It is the truth.

Do infinity models take washes well? I am a little anxious about painting them due to all the detail.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

dexefiend posted:

Do you use washes, or is that all by hand? Do infinity models take washes well?

Yeah, I hit up pretty much any model I paint with a wash/shade and then touch up the primary colors afterwards. Infinity models are pretty heavily detailed but because most human-sized models are so tiny compared to some other brand's miniatures you need to be careful not to let too much pool in any one area or you'll cover too much area. I usually lightly wash and then apply a little extra to the "lines" of clothing and armor to get better definition.

Edit:
Knocked out the Sihk Commando because I had some paint left over:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 9, 2014

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

Hortism posted:

Never feel bad about winning on objectives. It's the way the game is supposed to be played.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Aix Athanatos posted:

Never feel bad about winning on objectives. It's the way the game is supposed to be played.

Generally, you're right. If some one is focusing solely on killing and fails to grab objectives it can be seen as their fault.

But this was a mission where the objective was to collect objectives of downed units. Basically his Vector Operator, in his first two moves managed to take out my LT and a whole lot of other units. Then Ko Dali dropped and cleaned up a few before copping a lucky blow from a fusilier and dropping since she couldn't get close enough to prothein something.

So he had no one near any of my bodies and I was already in a bad, bad state. I tried dropping in some AD to hit his weaker sides, but that wasn't really any and lost him pretty quickly. He got scored for points and then my opponent manages to fail like four rolls for WP of 14 to score another. At this point I was in retreat, but religious, so just booked my last unit over to Ko Dali's body to score and then the game ended.

Though checking the rules now, it seems he may have done something a little funky with the Alert skill (which wouldn't have changed the outcome). But after I landed my AD unit, his camo FO who ARO'd to it 'Alerted' his Sogarat who was a decent distance away to turn facing. Never seen Alert used before but I think it can only be used in Link Teams and with companion models?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

Thanks. :shobon:

Prime black, base coat of Balor Brown, followed by a 50/50 mix of Balor Brown and White Scar, followed by a few thinned layers of White Scar, a wash of Agrax Earthshade, and touch-ups of White Scar again.

Gracias! :thumbsup:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hortism posted:

Though checking the rules now, it seems he may have done something a little funky with the Alert skill (which wouldn't have changed the outcome). But after I landed my AD unit, his camo FO who ARO'd to it 'Alerted' his Sogarat who was a decent distance away to turn facing. Never seen Alert used before but I think it can only be used in Link Teams and with companion models?
Nope, Alert works on any friendly models on the table.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Nope, Alert works on any friendly models on the table.

Huh, that's actually super useful and I have no idea how I've completed missed using it.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Gonna have my first game of Infinity today. So excited!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
A new FLGS (VERY good location) got a Warhammer table. It was hilarious.

The store manager got someone to teach him the game. OK, we've got the WFB starter, let's play a game. There's no demo army list in the starter box :what: so let's just grab one online. Except we can't because GW has C&Ded all the fan cheatsheets for their game :psyduck: just make an army list and print it out. But wait, the [unofficial] army builder isn't free and the free version only allows 3 entries and no printing :wtc: just grab a screenshot and print that man. I can't, the printout looks different than the on-screen list :doh: let's just write down the stats from the main rulebook, it'll be faster that way. OK, but are we playing the full rules or the starter ones because there's no single table of differences? etc etc etc. After 2 hours they haven't even started.

:psypop:

It's the little things that make you appreciate Infinity. Also the fact that the basic stuff works right and the company is sane*. And the best thing is, the FLGS is open to having other games like Infinity or Malifaux on their tables :haw:

(* We do not talk about the Painter in the Iron Mask incident.)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 10, 2014

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Pierzak posted:

(* We do not talk about the Painter in the Iron Mask incident.)

The what now?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFzjkRmbjg

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

God I love this games company.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Haha, man, I'm glad no one was home just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I suppose you want the "Squalo resculpt" video as well?

http://youtu.be/RxkkzSdLl6A

• Locked thread