Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Fart Car '97 posted:

Well yes when we're all collectively sitting in mumble for the purpose of airhammer making GBS threads yeah there's a lot of them :v:

Actually all the pubbies seemed to have AHs too. I died to two PHX pilots that simultaneously emptied their hammers on me like it was a MLG tier practised maneuver :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The base Malorn is building is transparently terrible.

It has a giant "gently caress you" hill behind the spawn that you can easily Magrider up to and spawn camp from, or aircraft can use as cover. He acknowledges this and says "You can't stop it".

And this is their "competitive" base.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Xae posted:

The base Malorn is building is transparently terrible.

It has a giant "gently caress you" hill behind the spawn that you can easily Magrider up to and spawn camp from, or aircraft can use as cover. He acknowledges this and says "You can't stop it".

And this is their "competitive" base.

Wow, thats pretty loving awful to say as a base designer. "Yeah I built this base where it gives attackers a great spot to spawn camp the defenders. Deal with it"

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I figured out the other reason I was losing so many stand up fights with the NS LMG. I apparently forgot to put my Nanoweave on that loadout. :downs:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He can't edit the terrain and there's already a base at that location. The sky is not falling.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

He can't edit the terrain and there's already a base at that location. The sky is not falling.

One bad base isn't going to ruin Planetside, and I don't see how you could get that from my post, but ok.

The issue is that instead of working within the context of the Terrain he just plopped a random base down there. Sure, it is a good base, aside from the massive terrain problem. He could have worked the base into the terrain in a meaningful way, but he was way too focused a making a new base instead of working one into the terrain.

And it isn't like it was just me pointing this out. Ender, Vonic, guys from QRY, AC, TRG, RP and Future Crew all came into the channel and immediately pointed out that the hill was going to be a problem. Each time He responded by saying he couldn't fix Aircraft and Camping tanks having a perfect spot to camp then back off and repair.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Did that one base on Hossin with a giant hill overlooking the spawn and an unusable spawn room teleporter (unusable because 60% of it was under the floor) ever get fixed?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Can't he just put those awful hossin tanktrap brambles on the hill? Wam bam problem solved.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Can't he just put those awful hossin tanktrap brambles on the hill? Wam bam problem solved.
He doesn't believe you can limit vehicle access to an outdoor area, so he didn't want to try.

I liked the idea of putting Jump Pads and a Tower or gun emplacements there. At least then the hill would be a part of the base fight instead of that thing you get spawn camped from.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

hailthefish posted:

Seriously. That sort of thing is what Arma is for.

*Click to Respawn*

///INCOMING TRANSMISSION//

"Hey there freedom fighter! We'll get you back in the fight just as soon as the quartermaster authorizes the purchase of more standard issue burlap trousers for your standard issue uniform kit."

*logs out, searches 'uninstall planet*'*

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Auraxed the Bandit (my 7th carbine), took a little getting used to but once it clicked and with ALS it functioned pretty well as a Cylone but with better ADS, which is really nice on a biolab/tower LA. Now I can guiltlessly use the Fortuna on everything. :toot:

(gently caress the compact burst, I aint gonna touch that one)

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 10, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

How's the Fortuna vs. Gauss Compact S? You can rock the same attachments on both, right? With SPA their velocities and damage models are the same, and you can put an underbarrel shotgun on the Fortuna. Fortuna just fires a little faster it seems. Only thing I could figure out by going to spreadsheets is a lower FSRM on the Compact S.

Am I missing something or is this an extremely uncreative auraxium weapon? Does it get a free laser or grip or something on top of the SPA and UBSG?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

There's a laser on top of that on it yeah.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can't Malron just.. I dunno, flip the base 180 degrees? I'm assuming there isn't ANOTHER hill on the opposite end of the base (wouldn't surprise me) but wam bam its fixed.

Or just move the drat spawn room. Is he just working with a preset and plonking it down or using a gigantic copy/paste tool? Its like telling a manager that I didn't decide the position of a support beam in the store and I just have to set a display behind it, instead of moving the thing 2 inches to the left.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ban This Sick Filth

These poor fuckers had 2 Airhammers and a Canrasser circling them and they just kept trying to push out of their Sunderer hiding spot.. And we were defending. They didn't even need to :psyduck:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Going for MAXIMUM ANTI-GROUND, are we?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Artificer posted:

Going for MAXIMUM ANTI-GROUND, are we?

Tomcats aren't much good on Hossin :v:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's funny, because it's the few new pilots that I see and duke it out with regularly are so much better natured about the whole thing than the sky knights are.

THIS IS AN AFFRONT TO MY HONOUR, SIR :wotwot:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AT LAST! The GODSAW is mine! It's pretty much worse than or equal to a default SAW in every way! The whole "thing" about it is that it gets an attachment cooked in that's both the worst one you could possibly put on the gun AND is available to the normal SAW! And the barrel/grip slots aren't even occupied by something unique, they're just totally empty! The velocity boost is poo poo, just like with the Railjack. It's not worth the palpable downsides because it's WELL past the point of diminishing returns.

At least now I've got it for when they actually decide to give it a niche or at least make it a SAW 1.5 or something because we KNOW that one works.

Now, 600 Mercenary kills from my Fortuna. Going to enjoy playing Engineer for a bit, sticky grenades are just so good. Then, back to Reaper Medic primary

Westy543 posted:

How's the Fortuna vs. Gauss Compact S? You can rock the same attachments on both, right? With SPA their velocities and damage models are the same, and you can put an underbarrel shotgun on the Fortuna. Fortuna just fires a little faster it seems. Only thing I could figure out by going to spreadsheets is a lower FSRM on the Compact S.

Am I missing something or is this an extremely uncreative auraxium weapon? Does it get a free laser or grip or something on top of the SPA and UBSG?

The S has poo poo tolerance, and is a bad gun. It's made "workable" by switching to 3 round burst but honestly you're better off with another gun.

The Fortuna is a Merc with SPA and an UBSG, which is to say it's the best mid-long range carbine of the defaults and it is given a whole shitload of CQC power at the cost of just a bit of it. It's going to be balls to the wall up close and you'll be able to do decent work at mid-long as well. The TRAC-SHOT and...Eclipse? aren't so lucky because they're close up guns given other close up options

It seems like a rock solid gun. I'll report back when I get it

edit - the Underbarrel shotgun is a 1 round Claw as an attachment. It's really really useful with a jetpack or as an engie when you may need to poo poo out some pain in a hurry

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 10, 2014

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fart Car '97 posted:

Ban This Sick Filth

These poor fuckers had 2 Airhammers and a Canrasser circling them and they just kept trying to push out of their Sunderer hiding spot.. And we were defending. They didn't even need to :psyduck:

Literally worse than hitler

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 10
Daily sale: Tropical Forest Camo
Members sale: NS Baron G5

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Westy543 posted:

No, that means it's unique. Being lovely or not lovely is unrelated. The flight model's actually based on Saints Row 3's hover jets. You were initially going to be able to manually switch from hover / flight mode!

...Westy found it. Yes, Oh God yes. Give ESF a button to switch from Flight to Hover exactly like a Saint's Row jet, and in jet, it always cruises forward at a minimum of like 60Kph. Hover you can get up to like 20Kph, and can still tilt, turn etc. but can also move directly up and down.

I actually would love the game to have this. (It never will.)

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Because the loving airspergs will have literal tantrums about the prospect of changing anything about their mithril plated autism chariots, most especially anything to do with changing the brokedick nonsensical flight model that they've spent literal thousands of hours obsessing over learning to exploit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So have the Directives been fixed yet? Is it safe to venture back onto the servers?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So have the Directives been fixed yet? Is it safe to venture back onto the servers?

They managed to wipe some peoples' directives even when they were logged out, so it was never safe.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Shockeh posted:

...Westy found it. Yes, Oh God yes. Give ESF a button to switch from Flight to Hover exactly like a Saint's Row jet, and in jet, it always cruises forward at a minimum of like 60Kph. Hover you can get up to like 20Kph, and can still tilt, turn etc. but can also move directly up and down.

I actually would love the game to have this. (It never will.)

He was also right about BF2142. I want EMP rockets to get certs from them plummeting into the ground.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

hailthefish posted:

Because the loving airspergs will have literal tantrums about the prospect of changing anything about their mithril plated autism chariots, most especially anything to do with changing the brokedick nonsensical flight model that they've spent literal thousands of hours obsessing over learning to exploit.

Yeah, I don't think I share your fury over this, I just think it'd be more fun, and more accessible to new pilots without completely zero'ing the time spent by the existing airspergs.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Going to enjoy playing Engineer for a bit, sticky grenades are just so good.

This is a trap. You will go into fights with the intent to shoot your gun, but all you will end up doing is throwing sticky nades all over the place.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Periphery posted:

This is a trap. You will go into fights with the intent to shoot your gun, but all you will end up doing is throwing sticky nades all over the place.

I'm not really seeing the problem. :gibs:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Periphery posted:

As long as your teamkill to kill ratio is below 1.00 it's perfectly fine!

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Periphery posted:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this happening :colbert:

I'd like to thank SSGO for approximately 70% of my sticky grenade kills.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I don't understand why people who die to grenades continue to stand near enemy resupply terminals. The grenades will only stop when people can't restock, you guys!

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Sep 10
Daily sale: Tropical Forest Camo
Members sale: NS Baron G5
Oh hey the Baron's finally on sale? How is it? I used it a bit with Slugs on PTS when testing directives but haven't really bothered with it much since. Seems decent for a shotgun but the tube magazine is worrisome.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Periphery posted:

This but with AV nades.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nakar posted:

I don't understand why people who die to grenades continue to stand near enemy resupply terminals. The grenades will only stop when people can't restock, you guys!

Oh hey the Baron's finally on sale? How is it? I used it a bit with Slugs on PTS when testing directives but haven't really bothered with it much since. Seems decent for a shotgun but the tube magazine is worrisome.

I think I get killed by it more than any other non-jackhammer shotgun, for what that's worth.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Nakar posted:

The big thing with grenades right now is that about half the time the indicator doesn't even render, so there's that. Before that bug I died to grenades once in a blue moon, now it's every other death in an infantry fight.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nakar posted:

This is actually really not a bad thing. You're not stuck in reload animation mid-reload when you need to shoot someone.

It's pretty nice as a close-mid range manstopper with slugs, but I've been using the Mauler for that lately since I absolutely have to kill 10 mans in 5 minutes and the slight decrease in moving ADS accuracy is a nice price to pay for that.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 10, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hey all you TR nerds or people who want to play TR nerds, I'm running an all-goons TR night again tonight (WEHRMACHT WEDNESDAY) at 7pm EDT. Come on in! Just /t flakemorebloodstab for an invite to the platoon and/or outfit if you'd like. It may even be public so look for the K0TH tag as well!

Nakar posted:

I like the tube magazine a lot to be honest. It's functionally like having a Sweeper reload that you can cancel in an instant to kill someone. The post-Wrel buffs really made a difference, and it's 1/2 of the shotguns in the game that's not utter poo poo at 10m thanks to spread and damage dropoff. It's fun, but not OP or anything. Not sure if it's better than the free default though, I just enjoy it more because I'm a slug purist and low dropoff buckshot appeals to that part of me.

v v v as far as shotguns go, the Baron is pretty unique. If you love shotguns then you may get a lot of value out of subbing for a month to get it. If you probably won't be playing that much this month or only play one empire then ehhh, probably not v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 10, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Having rediscovered my love of shotguns through light assault directives, the Baron discount is tempting me to resub. I do already have the sweeper, mauler, claw and jackhammer though, all still to fully Aurax. Maybe I can wait.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I'm running an all-goons TR night

Epic High Five posted:

It may even be public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
public, more like pubic :smuggo: