Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Tears In A Vial posted:

Look at all you chumps spending money on wallets and doing arts and crafts with garbage.

I prefer to hide all my cards in a big stack, making it almost impossible to get the middle ones without fumbling around and dropping them everywhere.

if you can't find your credit card how can the criminals? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Re: Using pizza cutters for everything

I think it's because hipsters and yuppies bought expensive Williams Sonoma cutters and realized that they only ever get precut delivery pizza so they never get to use it.

I worked with a guy who was super smug about not carrying a wallet. He couldn't explain why but he would just me "it's just not me :smug:". He also never wore socks and only had one pair if best up chucks. He would also bitch about his feet being cold and wet in the Canadian winter. But he had a kickass vinyl collection!

#lifehax have more money for your hobbies by not buying basic things like shoes or a wallet and getting your girlfriend to feed you

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

twistedmentat posted:

Re: Using pizza cutters for everything

I think it's because hipsters and yuppies bought expensive Williams Sonoma cutters and realized that they only ever get precut delivery pizza so they never get to use it.

In my opinion it is because a lot of these "life hacks" come from housewives, and a pizza cutter is actually pretty handy to have when you have little kids. You can cut pizza into tiny pieces way easier with a pizza cutter than with a knife, same goes for waffles, pancakes, etc...

Outside of that, they are pretty useless once the kids get older.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

AFewBricksShy posted:

In my opinion it is because a lot of these "life hacks" come from housewives, and a pizza cutter is actually pretty handy to have when you have little kids. You can cut pizza into tiny pieces way easier with a pizza cutter than with a knife, same goes for waffles, pancakes, etc...

Outside of that, they are pretty useless once the kids get older.

Nonsense, you give the kids all your leftover pizza cutters and have them have a good ol' fashioned za-cutter fight so that one can establish domination over the rest.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As someone who used to work at a pizza place, I can safely say there are things other than pizza that can be cut with a pizza cutter. I will leave what that means up to you to decide.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Life Hack: If you see a thread that says it has 1 unread post but then you go to the thread and you don't see any unread posts its a ghost post and you must post to release it into the aether.

pik_d has a new favorite as of 18:33 on Sep 9, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Additional lifehack: If you're interested in finding out if you are a ghost, make a post during a forum hiccup on Something Awful. :ghost:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Additional lifehack: If you're interested in finding out if you are a ghost, make a post on Something Awful. :ghost:

Fixed

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-fixes-for-common-clothing-mishaps-when-youre-o-1632334630

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

I've literally never seen a microwave installed above a stove and it sounds like it would destroy the microwave before too long. I don't see why you can't just put a normal microwave under the bench in place of a cabinet (which I have seen done) rather than getting a drawer-style one though.

Every home I have lived in had the microwave wasn't over the stove, and I have never had a microwave die.

Who the gently caress doesn't just deal with hairs AFTER they're done going down on someone?

Pomp has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Sep 9, 2014

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

What the gently caress is a hot towel massage?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Alterian posted:

What the gently caress is a hot towel massage?

It's when you use a towel to rub stringy denatured semen all over someone.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Pomp posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't just deal with hairs AFTER they're done going down on someone?

Dude it takes 2 seconds to pick it out of your mouth.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

In the mood for more adult lifehacks? Let's go to AfterHours.Lifehacker.com.

That fume extractor is from Make Magazine and was designed to filter out soldering fumes, not get rid of odors. I wouldn't trust it for either, considering it's a tiny fan in a tin box with a hole in it.

The link goes to a $20 motor board that goes inline between a bullet vibe and its battery pack. I guess you could come up with some wacky gimmick to somehow get the perfect vibration pattern using a Microsoft Kinect and the Weather Underground API, but I doubt most users will do anything beyond "vibrate_fast.ino."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

TVarmy posted:

The link goes to a $20 motor board that goes inline between a bullet vibe and its battery pack. I guess you could come up with some wacky gimmick to somehow get the perfect vibration pattern using a Microsoft Kinect and the Weather Underground API, but I doubt most users will do anything beyond "vibrate_fast.ino."

I only recently found out this was a thing. I was turning one of our rentals in the spring and found, tucked away in a corner of a bedroom closet behind some linens the tenants left behind, a 10" purple vibrator that was plugged into an iPod. Thinking "what the hell," I booted up the iPod, and the toy happily started bzzzzing along to Daft Punk's "Robot Rock."

Technology is wonderful.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Long ago there use to be a Ivibe type vibrator that you plugged into your phone and it would vibrate with what ever music you had on. Looks like they are gone since theres no more sites for it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Darth Freddy posted:

Long ago there use to be a Ivibe type vibrator that you plugged into your phone and it would vibrate with what ever music you had on. Looks like they are gone since theres no more sites for it.

Wait so it's that game Rez?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

pik_d posted:

Life Hack: If you see a thread that says it has 1 unread post but then you go to the thread and you don't see any unread posts its a ghost post and you must post to release it into the aether.

stay safe, post ghost

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013
That tiny picture of Eric is clearly going "I was going to write about politics for the Times :sigh:"

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Finally, a site for insecure teenagers who haven't figured out how to gently caress.

Was Reddit down or something?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Can someone explain the Spock one to me.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Decrepus posted:

Can someone explain the Spock one to me.

Find the man in the canoe first.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Decrepus posted:

Dude it takes 2 seconds to pick it out of your mouth.

You'll never be a blowjob queen with that attitude

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Pomp posted:

You'll never be a blowjob queen with that attitude

You don't need attitude you need grapefruit

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Squallege posted:

You don't need attitude you need grapefruit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvovI0kPhck

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
gently caress, beat me to it!

The best video.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

God, heterosexuals have such weird sex practices.

Lifehack: Be gay, never deal with stupid hetero bullshit again.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

LeJackal posted:

God, heterosexuals have such weird sex practices.

Lifehack: Be gay, never deal with stupid hetero bullshit again.

Not everyone is obsessed with this goofy weird poo poo when having sex.

Lifehack: Needlessly complicating sex will somehow make it better!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Is this life hack to get a good smoker? Because I agree.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

What do you think this is?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lovely ribs, or huge filets of some fish.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008
3 pizzas folded in half.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Common bushtail possum.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
David Mitchell

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Delicious looking.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

How Rude posted:

Not everyone is obsessed with this goofy weird poo poo when having sex.

Lifehack: Needlessly complicating sex will somehow make it better!

I thought all this poo poo seemed like a good idea... before I'd ever had sex once. Virgins make themselves so easy to spot, it's adorable.

Also that kid's got a big storm coming if he thinks all women have naturally hairless inner thighs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sex Hobbit posted:

I thought all this poo poo seemed like a good idea... before I'd ever had sex once. Virgins make themselves so easy to spot, it's adorable.

Also that kid's got a big storm coming if he thinks all women have naturally hairless inner thighs.

lifehack: only go down on women who have been burned in gasoline fires from the waist down; that way there won't be any hair!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sex Hobbit posted:

I don't know how the spock guy thinks he's fooling anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Cum violently?
Her cum blasts out and attacks whatever it hits?