Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Cheap plasmonic leech, too, albeit a shittier doff market also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Lagomorphic posted:

I should add that you really don't need a torp. Also the cutting beam goes on the back and replaces a beam array or turret, just in case that wasn't clear in anyway.

I wonder if we actually have enough power and/or drain resist that cruisers can go full energy, using the Kinetic Cutter for kinetic damage?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Bloodly posted:

I wonder if we actually have enough power and/or drain resist that cruisers can go full energy, using the Kinetic Cutter for kinetic damage?

With the right equipment you easily can stay over 100+ wep power. (with great equipment you can almost never go below 125)

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Bloodly posted:

You do if you're either an engineer or you have the plasmonic leach console. A tac with plasmonic leach will hit like 115 at the lowest during FaW with weapon efficiency turned off and a steady 120+ with it on.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

All else fails, a S->W warp core will cover the gap.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://i.imgur.com/eo2ogFm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QISvbml.jpg

http://pastebin.com/z4xaWHCv

So while Xean rants and raves about the demon's we are, me, Zaichal, and Akulaz chose to give his fleetmates a helping hand.

We simply couldn't leave this poor, lost soul and his wife's character lost and hopeless after Xean attempted, without success, to contact his "friends" for 15 minutes to sort the invites out.

In the future, even with our constant muted status, we should try our best to help the victims suffering under Xean's persecution complex to get the things they need.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Other than parking my rear end near the Allied Spire, which seems to be the only place that has regular recruitment doff missions, is there another way to reliably get recruitment cxp?

It's the last one I need to finish on my main and it's taking forever.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Burning_Monk posted:

Other than parking my rear end near the Allied Spire, which seems to be the only place that has regular recruitment doff missions, is there another way to reliably get recruitment cxp?

It's the last one I need to finish on my main and it's taking forever.

dismiss doffs or degrind doffs for tons of recruitment cxp

if you want to blow money, just get some cheap purples and grind them down to whites then dismiss the whites.

to make profit, degind them down to whites and sell the whites.

either way you'll get a great deal of recruitment cxp

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

New sector map on tribble, I'm too lazy to do proper image editing, enjoy. :toot:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

hakimashou posted:

dismiss doffs or degrind doffs for tons of recruitment cxp

if you want to blow money, just get some cheap purples and grind them down to whites then dismiss the whites.

to make profit, degind them down to whites and sell the whites.

either way you'll get a great deal of recruitment cxp

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Asimo posted:

New sector map on tribble, I'm too lazy to do proper image editing, enjoy. :toot:

Art Dept: "I don't care put that poo poo anywhere... it's beer o'clock!"

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Since when is all of Fed/klank space in the Beta quandrant? Even I know Voyager didn't spend seven years being awful and trying to get home to the Beta quadrant, and I barely know what a Romulan is.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I think the answer is that not even star trek writers are really sure.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Sighence posted:

Since when is all of Fed/klank space in the Beta quandrant? Even I know Voyager didn't spend seven years being awful and trying to get home to the Beta quadrant, and I barely know what a Romulan is.

Since all that poo poo is made up as they go

Argentic
Apr 21, 2007

Now that I've finally finished that Crystalline Entity event, is there any way to know when the next dilithium weekend will be?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sighence posted:

It's 'cos Earth's on the Alpha/Beta border and they messed up by putting Sol at the far left of Fed space.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope

Sighence posted:

It should look like this: http://www.chartgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/star-trek-map1.jpeg

But cryptic

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Sighence posted:

Like others have said, it's incoherent as Hell to begin with and STO hasn't made it any clearer. Basically the entire blue blob on the map, including the parts that aren't covered in actual in-game sectors, is the Federation. But then you have baffling poo poo like Defari space twisting across the map in a non-Euclidean fashion (especially obvious if you're doing things Klingon side) and the Borg sectors that are connected only through transwarp gates but are still filled with star systems that'd be Federation or Gorn space.

Best advice is to not think about it. In fact that applies to a lot of STO.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Spoiler: Star Trek lore is an incoherent mess made by dozens of writers over a span of almost fifty years.

Definitely don't think too hard about it.

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.
Thought I'd post this here before I post it on STO but Enjoy!

It's a lot better than my first attempt.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Conskill posted:

But then you have baffling poo poo like Defari space twisting across the map in a non-Euclidean fashion (especially obvious if you're doing things Klingon side)

Deferi space sits 'above' the point that Federation/Klingon/Cardassian space meet.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Deferi space sits 'above' the point that Federation/Klingon/Cardassian space meet.

That's the problem with two-dimensional thinking.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Tunicate posted:

That's the problem with two-dimensional thinking.

In STO space is two dimensional.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Morglon posted:

In STO space is two dimensional.

As are the players.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You give them too much credit.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

RPZip posted:

Friends and I picked this up to screw around with, registered for the wiki under this name and my in-game name is Screamin Reman@captdrp. Trying to figure out if we're gonna go Federation or Klingons since we just about finished up the Romulan intro stuff.

You're in, have fun.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So where's the coffee nebula?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Gnome de plume posted:

OPSEC

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gnome de plume posted:

The Coffee Nebula was alive, so it's probably flying away as fast as it can right now.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Bagpuss posted:

Okay guys :siren:COMPETITION TIME!:siren:

What with the crystalline entity event and pubbies being terrible at it I thought we could have a little challenge to see who can find the most stacks of Re-Crystalize! Just post a screenshot in the thread, highest amount wins.

Starting bid is 178 (it actually got to 180 but I didn't screen that)

Prize: 10 promotional bug ship doff packs.

End date: when the event finishes, September 11th :911:

Good hunting!

the entity was doing over 90,000 damage per shot, killing anyone within 10km instantly

pretty much everybody left

e: yes, that is 605 stacks
e2: pubbies cried

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 10, 2014

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKY COQ posted:

As are the players.

How many dimensions is "fat"?

The answer is simple: All of them.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Hey I'm Norris@spacebooey, would like an invite to chat.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

cmhn74 posted:

Hey I'm Norris@spacebooey, would like an invite to chat.

You're in.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

DataDyne posted:

Oh my god.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

DataDyne posted:

God drat.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DataDyne posted:

Doing the Lord's work.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1217641

Nbreeki needs to be involved in this now.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19144651&posted=1#post19144651

Oldkhemaraa demands all PvP be removed from STO right now.

Edit: simultaneous post with Psycho, thanks mumble goons!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I hate to bitch, but the thing about lobi consoles not leveling past 50 is hosed up. I bought two last week thinking it'd be a safe bet since they're supposed to be infinitely leveling. I haven't been negative about the whole T6 thing, but that one pushes me pretty far into the "gently caress this" zone.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Frankenstyle posted:

I hate to bitch, but the thing about lobi consoles not leveling past 50 is hosed up. I bought two last week thinking it'd be a safe bet since they're supposed to be infinitely leveling. I haven't been negative about the whole T6 thing, but that one pushes me pretty far into the "gently caress this" zone.

Don't worry, they're planning on explaining how they'll remain usable during 51-60 soon.

The explanation is almost certainly going to be 'lol pay us more lobi/zen/dilithium to upgrade your console from infinity to infinity51-60'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Wait, when did this get announced? Does this include infinity lobi weapons? And other infinity weapons?

• Locked thread