Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

You're free to not join if you like too!

All goons means "all goons are welcome"
Only goons mean "only goons are allowed"

I am sorry that you are averse to or unable to deal with or utilize the broader public playing base in your own day to day affairs but I do this on a daily basis and it has proven successful before believe it or not! Sometimes pubbies will surprise you!

As an olive branch of peace between our two cultures allow me to share with you my favorite moment from any japanese cartoon I can think of that does not (afaik) involve Corgis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7jZUjsLoYU

GT?!?!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Nakar posted:

I don't understand why people who die to grenades continue to stand near enemy resupply terminals. The grenades will only stop when people can't restock, you guys!

Oh hey the Baron's finally on sale? How is it? I used it a bit with Slugs on PTS when testing directives but haven't really bothered with it much since. Seems decent for a shotgun but the tube magazine is worrisome.

9 times out of 10 when I get killed by a shotgun shitter, it's with a Baron. So I guess it's okay?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Horizontal Tree posted:

Literally a nightly occurance on TS. "poo poo, I can't hear you over my overlay, gimme a minute" *one minute later* "Sorry I still can't hear you over the sound of how MLG I am"

my enjoyment of planetside 2 has improved 100x by installing recursion and the MLG sound pack (and turning on per-kill sounds for the wubs)

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

my enjoyment of planetside 2 has improved 100x by installing recursion and the MLG sound pack (and turning on per-kill sounds for the wubs)

Look at this Scrub, too bad to use the 40k Orkz Voice Pack.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
If you aren't using a Command and Conquer voice pack and pretending you're a single unit in an RTS, you are wrong. :colbert:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Oh hey, so why do Sticky Grenades feel like they're better at doing damage than Frags? The control is probably part of it, but another aspect seems to be that they just are better:

Almost twice the lethal blast radius! Also, AV grenades are worse at kills but better at doing damage to a larger area due to a larger blast radius. So that's neat to know.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

That explains why I'm five times as efficient at teamkilling

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Stickies are amazing, and I want them on every class.

SOE, give me assists for running someone elses stick into the enemy. :greenangel:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 10, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Periphery posted:

This is a trap. You will go into fights with the intent to shoot your gun, but all you will end up doing is throwing sticky nades all over the place.

This was an amazingly prophetic thing to say. Right now it is only by sheer force of will that I'm getting 1 Mercenary kill per 3 Sticky Grenade kills. ONE OR TWO FRIENDLIES MAY HAVE DIED IN THE PROCESS

NihilCredo posted:

Wrong. Speaking as someone who doesn't play with either GOON or GOKU, EHF is a cool guy and I like his posts.

Hey thanks!

Nookovian-Red posted:

Awesome, I've started looking forward to TR night. Sundies supporting AOD and AJA print certs like nothing I've seen before.

If you're a new dude playing on K0TH night (or on TR in general) I cannot recommend Engineer highly enough. Pull a sundy to every base, and drop ammo packs. You've got zero competition from other TR engineers because the TR doesn't field more than a handful of them across an entire continent. It's better certs than almost anything else I've found in this game

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Epic High Five posted:

This was an amazingly prophetic thing to say. Right now it is only by sheer force of will that I'm getting 1 Mercenary kill per 3 Sticky Grenade kills. ONE OR TWO FRIENDLIES MAY HAVE DIED IN THE PROCESS

You mean "One or two friendlies per grenade", right?

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
I want to move this to my SSD - am I going to need to do a full reinstall directly to the SSD, or can I copy the planetside2 directory over and make a link to it from where it sits now? Probably a total reinstall is the best idea, I just don't want to redo all my settings.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nakar posted:

Oh hey, so why do Sticky Grenades feel like they're better at doing damage than Frags? The control is probably part of it, but another aspect seems to be that they just are better:

Almost twice the lethal blast radius! Also, AV grenades are worse at kills but better at doing damage to a larger area due to a larger blast radius. So that's neat to know.

The gently caress? AV grenades don't even do 1000 damage? How they do one shot entire rooms then? Resistances?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Away all Goats posted:

The gently caress? AV grenades don't even do 1000 damage? How they do one shot entire rooms then? Resistances?

This is why you always use 2 AV grenades (or get an infil buddy to throw an EMP first)

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Someone else already threw a grenade, the enemy is hiding because their shields are down, medics reviving players without a maxed out revive tool.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Jiro Kage posted:

I want to move this to my SSD - am I going to need to do a full reinstall directly to the SSD, or can I copy the planetside2 directory over and make a link to it from where it sits now? Probably a total reinstall is the best idea, I just don't want to redo all my settings.

You can just move it, you don't even need to junction it, it's been years since I've seen a game blow up because it's install dir was moved

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

If you have it through Steam, be sure to use the Steam Library Folders thing to tell Steam that you moved it, otherwise it'll blow up.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Manslaughter posted:

Someone else already threw a grenade, the enemy is hiding because their shields are down, medics reviving players without a maxed out revive tool.
This plus it has a larger blast radius.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I use AV because of the bonus damage to MAX's. With the amount I throw into a room it doesn't really matter how much health they had, they're boned.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

Does the Kraken do anything different from the Decimator besides look pretty? I'm unclear on this.

Also Recursion is Bad. Yes please let me slap more poo poo on my screen to have a nerd pretend to be a tough guy scream "HOLY poo poo" when I get five kills in a row, thanks

With how soundboards work and virtual cable or whatever that program is, shouldn't it in theory be possible to always make recursion play through your mic?

Basically: Can I set recursion to yell MONSTER KILL into mumble whenever I get a sick nasty streak so I wont have to bother doing it myself?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Leal posted:

With how soundboards work and virtual cable or whatever that program is, shouldn't it in theory be possible to always make recursion play through your mic?

Basically: Can I set recursion to yell MONSTER KILL into mumble whenever I get a sick nasty streak so I wont have to bother doing it myself?

DA would be unable to communicate as they all try to be the loudest sperg.

Also last night during a TR/NC indar ex fight for 20 minutes there was NOT A SINGLE AMMO PACK. Literally the entire tower and both points had no ammo, the only packs were by the NC spawn sundies.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Segmentation Fault posted:

a nerd pretend to be a tough guy scream "HOLY poo poo"

Just wanna point out this fuckin noob who hasn't played unreal tournament before.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Away all Goats posted:

I carry 4 and never throw less than two at a time.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Fart Car '97 posted:

Just wanna point out this fuckin noob who hasn't played unreal tournament before.

If I had things my way, there would be a camp to put those people in.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mott Hogby is reporting that it's been 4-5 days since they last had a report of directives resetting. Apparently whatever it was the Friday patch solved it.

So if you're hanging out waiting for this to get fixed come on back and be the first victim of some rarer kind of directive reset issue join in on the fun

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

:siren:Proxmity Chat may be all Faction in the Future:siren:

Oh God, it will be beautiful... and terrible.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
today was the first day in a while that i haven't had hitreg/hitching issues. It was nice

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Xae posted:

:siren:Proxmity Chat may be all Faction in the Future:siren:

Oh God, it will be beautiful... and terrible.

I remember when the trading channel (I think :corsair: ) in World of Warcraft went global for the first time. It was completely unusable because people kept making GBS threads it up for no reason. I assume that, years later, this is still true.

My eardrums eagerly await being destroyed by cross-faction spamming of techno, buttrock, and the Soviet national anthem. Edit: And the full gamut of racial / sexual / homophobic insults and slurs.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Yeah mine reset after that patch went out. They didn't until then.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

There's gonna be some p. funny infiltrator movies in the future

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm already planning on playing the Jaws theme as I stalker cloak up to people. It'll get me killed 90% of the time but it should be worth a few laughs.

Also this means cross-faction PooNanners.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I remember when the trading channel (I think :corsair: ) in World of Warcraft went global for the first time. It was completely unusable because people kept making GBS threads it up for no reason. I assume that, years later, this is still true.

Trade chat only exists in major cities, and it still gets poo poo up.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Mott Hogby is reporting that it's been 4-5 days since they last had a report of directives resetting. Apparently whatever it was the Friday patch solved it.

So if you're hanging out waiting for this to get fixed come on back and be the first victim of some rarer kind of directive reset issue join in on the fun

Apparently Esamir crashed within a couple hours of Higby asking about this and Sinist lost all of his directive points :smugdog:

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
hopefully it'll be a sinist only bug from now on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So SOE has put Hyper Boosts on the market for the next week or so. They're pretty pricey but they're 1 or 3 day 100% exp boosts (normal are 50%)

I did this once with a WDS hyper boost on a double exp weekend with auraxium membership, and the results were about what you can expect. I think I got 3700xp for a single Liberator kill. If you're a newer player and have the 300/700SC to pony up and really need some certs, I'd STRONGLY recommend picking one up for the next double exp weekend.

what happened posted:

hopefully it'll be a sinist only bug from now on

Hammerboss-only would be way more rewarding to be there for

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm already putting together a list of songs to broadcast via prox while sitting in enemy bases. I'm thinking Every Breath You Take to start with.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Sniping is so relaxing in this game, but does anyone else notice really weird hit detection issues when aiming upwards 45 degrees or more (sniper rifle or otherwise)? I'd watch shots fly through peoples heads at 150m over and over because they were right above me on a hill.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 11
Daily sale: Liberator C150 Dalton
Members sale: Mosquito / Reaver / Scythe Hornet Missiles

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Sep 11
Daily sale: Liberator C150 Dalton
Members sale: Mosquito / Reaver / Scythe Hornet Missiles

:911:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Gustavo Mesquita ‏@Gustav0M 9h

@Planetside2 @mhigby @PS2DailyDeals Tomorrow is 11/9. Can we have 1 SC sales for USA flag decals pls? #jihadDidnothingwrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Westy543 posted:

Sniping is so relaxing in this game, but does anyone else notice really weird hit detection issues when aiming upwards 45 degrees or more (sniper rifle or otherwise)? I'd watch shots fly through peoples heads at 150m over and over because they were right above me on a hill.

Is it flying over them? Anytime you're shooting a firearm up an incline, you have to aim lower than you would shooting at a target on roughly even ground with you. At least you would have to in real life, I assume the same would be true in PS2. Unless you're VS, no bullet drop OP!

• Locked thread