Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
Flight stand up his butt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, Riptide flight stand. Up his butt.

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Direwolf posted:

Modeling question. I picked up a bunch of Eldar reaaally cheap, which is great! But, my new Wraithknight a. didn't come with a base and b. is modeled in a way that I'm not sure how to put him on a base when I pick it up.

The left leg fell off in transit and obviously I can still pop out and reposition the right as well, but I'm trying to figure out how to make it work as is. Not really sure how to balance him, as with the current stance and leg out he'd be on one leg no matter what.

Ideas?

It looks like it's sort of jumping away from something or landing from a jump? Maybe build a scenic base with a big rock type formation on it (possibly with an actual rock in it to create a counter weight) and put a hefty pin (basically like a 1/4" or larger rod) in the hill part of the base and his foot on the extended leg to keep it connected. And use some 2 part epoxy to get the foot solidly attached to the base. Also fix that floppy rear end Heavy Wraithcannon.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 11, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'm not a expert modeler but I'd say you put something up it's butt.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
I am 100% down with putting something up his butt. My Iyanden have an iceworld theme going on, so if I used terrain it'd probably be big ice crystals or something.

Where would I get a riptide flight stand? The only ones I'm finding on ebay are normal drone flightstands, is there a special one for riptides or is that what you're referring to?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Transparent acrylic rod up the rear end.

^^^: efb in the worst possible way :doh:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

krushgroove posted:

cross-posting from the painting thread...

Better (but not great) pictures of the Imperial Knights I did for my friend:

All 3 have magnetized torsos for torso twist & transport

All the shooting weapons are magnetized as well

Did a lot on these, not 100% happy with everything on every model but at some point I had to call it finished.

Holy poo poo, this knight is gorgeous. Great job, man. Stupendous.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Squifferific posted:

Flight stand up his butt?

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, Riptide flight stand. Up his butt.

Hollismason posted:

I'm not a expert modeler but I'd say you put something up it's butt.

Agreeing that you should stick a thing up his rear end.

Take pictures.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
All this talk about putting things up butts and not a Moola post in sight?!

^Dammit

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
haha owned

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SRM posted:

If Necrons were going to get Pylons, they probably would have gotten them with the last codex update. I don't get why people ever get/got excited about Pylons though. They look tremendously boring and aren't as cool as something like the Tomb Stalker or whatever.

A friend of mine occasionally runs the pylons from IA12 and they are horrifying, let me tell you. Many a Leman Russ has lost to their bullshit.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Alternatively a flight stand up his scrunt might be better support.

If your having trouble locating the scrunt then close your eyes and feel around a bit, you'll know when you feel it, it's unmistakeable, where as your eyes may deceive you!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Well it's rumoured Dark Eldar will get a LOW , or big "model". Orks got one, Space Wolves got one, Grey Knights didn't but they have the Imperial Knight.
Everyone has the Imperial Knight though.
"Your big model is... uh, gently caress it. Just settle with a model that every faction in the game can also have." -GW

DEldar will likely see Vect becoming a LoW (skimmer and all), and Necrons will probably have Beepboop the stormlord or whatever his name is on a fancy Command Barge.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Hollismason posted:

Well it's rumoured Dark Eldar will get a LOW , or big "model". Orks got one, Space Wolves got one, Grey Knights didn't but they have the Imperial Knight.

The C'Tan w/ probably be moved to LOW and made beefier maybe, that's all I could see or the Tesseract Vault being a LOW.

They'll definitely change Tesla to what living lighting is. We'll see a increase in price of flyers probably.Any Characters that do not have models w/ be removed, which i don't think there are any of that ?

Any goons going to Mechanicon?

Yup. Playing in the GT, too. You?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Everyone should play THQ's Firewarrior because it's a disasterpiece but isn't difficult enough to be frustrating.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Sex Cannon posted:

Yup. Playing in the GT, too. You?

I'm thinking about making this trip. The website is poo poo though and I'm not exactly sure how or what... however you want to take those.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

HiveCommander posted:

DEldar will likely see Vect becoming a LoW (skimmer and all), and Necrons will probably have Beepboop the stormlord or whatever his name is on a fancy Command Barge.

My guess is the DE LoW will be Vect, and the Dias of Destruction will be replaced by the expected hover chariot. Cue a plastic kit that makes Vect or a generic archon on the chariot.

Really though, the only thing I want from a new DE codex is to finally get a voidraven model.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

PeterWeller posted:

My guess is the DE LoW will be Vect, and the Dias of Destruction will be replaced by the expected hover chariot. Cue a plastic kit that makes Vect or a generic archon on the chariot.

Really though, the only thing I want from a new DE codex is to finally get a voidraven model.

The Venom is already the most appropriate-looking chariot platforms in all of 40k, it just didn't get chariot rules. It just needs to be pulled by something.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

HiveCommander posted:

The Venom is already the most appropriate-looking chariot platforms in all of 40k, it just didn't get chariot rules. It just needs to be pulled by something.

I almost totally agree. I just don't think it needs to be pulled by something. But if that something was some crazy monster, I'd be on board. :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

PeterWeller posted:

I almost totally agree. I just don't think it needs to be pulled by something. But if that something was some crazy monster, I'd be on board. :v:

Getting pulled by a Talos or one of the big roidrage Haemonculus beasts could work

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ignite Memories posted:

Holy poo poo, this knight is gorgeous. Great job, man. Stupendous.

Thanks! I enjoyed painting them, I just really really don't want to go up against them in a game :) (unless I can get a handful of Wave Serpents)

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

HiveCommander posted:

Getting pulled by a Talos or one of the big roidrage Haemonculus beasts could work

Should be pulled by several unmanned jetbikes, strip off all the seats, controls and other things you don't need. Make that thing a drat podracer.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
E-Bay knows I look for Tyranid stuff, and these had "Tyranid" in their description:

Click :nws: :nms:

I, uhh.... :stonk:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Maybe stop looking for tyranids.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tequila Ranger posted:

E-Bay knows I look for Tyranid stuff, and these had "Tyranid" in their description:

Click :nws: :nms:

I, uhh.... :stonk:

New condition? So not actually just new? Uh.....

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So is the only entry for the Mechanicon GT through qualifiers? The site lists a total of like 14 people in it so I have to imagine it'll be open...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

New condition? So not actually just new? Uh.....

Ugh look at this prude, they've been washed and re-lubricated ok!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm pretty sure they actually prevent rather than aid the creation of a Genestealer cult

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

I'm pretty sure they actually prevent rather than aid the creation of a Genestealer cult

Ahh see that's where you're mistaken. It's the inner walls of the prophylactic device that contain the genestealer genetic material. This material infects and mutates the spermatozoa cells of the victim and allows it to, painfully, re enter the urethra and infect the host.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

My Nids.
My Nads.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Fix posted:

My Nids.
My Nads.

♪ My nids
My nads
My Tervigon
Mmm
Jus' like dat.

:vomarine:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
But do they come with flesh hooks and acid sacs biomorphs? :stonklol:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

Everyone should play THQ's Firewarrior because it's a disasterpiece but isn't difficult enough to be frustrating.
I played through it last year. It was sorta fun. It aged horribly and it wasn't that good a game to begin with, but its a serviceable enough FPS. I remember playing the PS2 demo over and over when it came out just because it was so novel to get down to eye level with the 40k universe. Space Marine surpassed that in every way, years later.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The book was surprisingly good though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Speaking of Warhammer games, Greenmangaming has 75% off on various Warhammer titles. Sadly not Fire Warrior though.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

HiveCommander posted:

That or some crazy thing beastmasters have hunted down for the purpose.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Just imagine, if they remade that FW Dark Eldar large vehicle in plastic it would be awesome. instead of an almost impossible to cast pink elephant.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I still want a videogame where you play a soldier in a Crisis suit.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Just imagine, if they remade that FW Dark Eldar large vehicle in plastic it would be awesome. instead of an almost impossible to cast pink elephant.

The problem with that thing (aside from being a giant chunk of fragile spikey resin) is that it's really nothing more than a jumbo raider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
MaxMini put out a Kickstarter for WW2 Orks:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/897209384/the-green-alliance-scifi-ww2-orc-miniatures

Pricey, but I dig the designs so far.

• Locked thread