Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

Someone should probably tell Hal that his wrists and ankles aren't made of metal.

Dr Polaris was admittedly kind of like a less imaginative version of Silver Age "I control your mind with my magnetic personality!" Magneto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Someone should probably tell Hal that his wrists and ankles aren't made of metal.

Even if they were, he could still use his ring.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

He's just borrowing from the Magneto playbook. "Magnet powers? Yeah, I can basically do whatever the gently caress I want. And what I want is DICK PUNCHINGS"

On that note, has Magneto ever punched somebody in the dick? If not, why hasn't he? Or at least make Wolverine punch himself in the balls.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I also like how Dr Polaris is about to punch Hal (in the dick) but he also has a gun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair if you had the choice between punching Hal Jordan in the dick or shooting him, you know which one you'd pick.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Leave the poor doctor alone. Clearly Hal has a steely junk and what's a man with a magnetic fist to do?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair if you had the choice between punching Hal Jordan in the dick or shooting him, you know which one you'd pick.

You could always just shoot him in the dick.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
If Batman's famous punch would have been against Hal, it would have been in the dick.

It would have also made Black Canary's reaction much funnier.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Canemacar posted:

Now I want to see a super-villain who's entire MO is punching heroes in the dick. No murders, heists, or doomsday weapons. Just a man and his fist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"This is Suspense" more like this is absent minded-ness.

Also, yeah, that word bubble looks weird but I checked multiple sources on it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From Imgur.
Source... anyone?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

"This is Suspense" more like this is absent minded-ness.

Also, yeah, that word bubble looks weird but I checked multiple sources on it.

Have this weird feeling the CCA seal is covering up a question mark.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

From Imgur.
Source... anyone?

It's the epilogue to today's Deadpool #34

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Pretty much that entire issue could go here (besides a real sad scene or two)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sizone posted:

Have this weird feeling the CCA seal is covering up a question mark.
Looking out the window, the horrible steep hill they're on appears to be...perfectly flat. :shrug:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Also from this weeks Ms Marvel. Look at the map.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Why does the teacher have a hunting knife on her desk?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Public school?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

KittenofDoom posted:

Coyote skinning?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

KittenofDoom posted:

To dice all the apples her students give her.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I love that Canada is called "Snow Mexico" on the map.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
There's no Mexico like Snow Mexico! :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spring for some bronze plaques ffs Clark.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

Spring for some bronze plaques ffs Clark.

Superman keeping scalps as trophies. :gonk:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

prefect posted:

Superman keeping scalps as trophies. :gonk:

I'm more amused that he's keeping some construction paper and lace valentine in a freaking trophy case.

... also, how secret can the secret room be if it has a window?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Selachian posted:

I'm more amused that he's keeping some construction paper and lace valentine in a freaking trophy case.

It's from When Braniac Was Actually Just a Window.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird thing about the Silver Age was Superman's relationship toward the Kents.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I kinda want to know what the deal is with that hosed-up sword. Did Superboy have to fight some Civil War version of Kenshin?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe it's a Kavalry Kopis? From when he fought the Ku Klux Klan? :haw:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Selachian posted:

"Wow, son! That's...that's some neat trophies you've got there. Now, can you explain how you kept a room secret from me in my own house, which I owned before you were born?"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

theflyingorc posted:

"Wow, son! That's...that's some neat trophies you've got there. Now, can you explain how you kept a room secret from me in my own house, which I owned before you were born?"

"Super-temporal-architecture, of course. Geez, Dad, don't you know anything?"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Super-hypnotism is a powerful tool.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

e X posted:

If Batman's famous punch would have been against Hal, it would have been in the dick.

It would have also made Black Canary's reaction much funnier.

What's Batman's famous punch?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

goatface posted:

Super-hypnotism is a powerful tool.

Super-interior design, more like. Absorb enough solar radiation and Clark can go non-Euclidean like it ain't no thang.

"Welcome, Pa, to my Fortress of Leaves!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Edit: JLI 5, Guy had been saying he would be a better leader and challenged Bats to a fist fight.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Soonmot posted:

Also from this weeks Ms Marvel. Look at the map.

My favourite thing about Ms. Marvel is all the little things in the art you can miss unless you really examine the whole thing. On this panel I love the distressed girl who has clearly brought her Math book to Media class. There's also a scene in a back alley with a bunch of lovely boxes stacked against a wall labeled "ALLEY BOXES". Definitely a book that will suffer if it loses its artist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first couple of pages of the latest issue is from Lockjaw's perspective and so the colors are all slightly off.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

A weird thing about the Silver Age was Superman's relationship toward the Kents.

Yeah, it really sticks out the Kents are always explicitly referred to as Clark's foster parents in old Adventure/Superboy issues

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Dick Trauma posted:

The blood of two dead parents, mixed with freshly minted orphan tears and three strong splashes of bitters. Serve over ice cold vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

techknight posted:

Yeah, it really sticks out the Kents are always explicitly referred to as Clark's foster parents in old Adventure/Superboy issues

Now that's one relic of the Silver Age I'm very happy to leave behind. As an adopted kid it's definitely my preferred "relation" to Superman to see him as another adopted kid who sees the Kents as "his" parents for all intents and purposes, not some weird hyper-intelligent alien baby/kid who instantly understood and essentially rejected them just because he wasn't born to them. It worked in the Silver Age because DC back then didn't give much of a gently caress about continuity and weird hyper-intelligent alien baby/kid Supes was better-suited to the kind-of wackiness they wanted to tell, but while I enjoy that for what it is I'll never back that as my preferred interpretation of the character. Never ever.

• Locked thread