Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

kinmik posted:

Improvised tap-dancing shoes, because gently caress your hardwood floors.

Back in ye olde days when tap dancing was a hip big-city youth culture thing and many of the youths couldn't afford tap shoes, people used to use bottlecaps for that. (Of course, this was also in ye olde days when all bottlecaps were metal and needed a bottle opener.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

crosshatch posted:

I bought cookies from a girl scout at my door last fall and I bought lemonade from a little girl's lemonade stand while I was biking around last weekend.

Lifehack: nostalgic for the past? Move to Portland Oregon where it's apparently still the 50's/60's.

Lifehack: Want to live in a decent city? Move away from Portland.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

kinmik posted:

"Cover a play table in oilcloth to create a water-resistant outdoor picnic table for the kids."

Since when was plastic not water-resistant? :confused:

My socks are water-resistant but that doesn't mean things like cum and human feces doesn't make them a pain to clean.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Decrepus posted:

My socks are water-resistant but that doesn't mean things like cum and human feces doesn't make them a pain to clean.

Jerk off with plastic socks for easy cleanup.

Don't have plastic socks? Stretch condoms over your feet.

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009

Boneitis posted:

Yeah, good odds that the people running the lemonade stand were 20-somethings with dumb hair.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

FistOfTacitus posted:

Yeah, good odds that the people running the lemonade stand were 20-somethings with dumb hair.

Organic Lemonade

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Boneitis posted:

Lifehack: Want to live in a decent city? Too bad, they don't exist.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Inco posted:

who the gently caress still has pennies?

lifehack: save money and resources by not minting lovely coinage that is literally worthless

Americans, because they can't let the past go. I went there in May and it was annoying as hell using cash.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Picnic Princess posted:

Americans, because they can't let the past go. I went there in May and it was annoying as hell using cash.

Pennies are helpful for if you have an oddly priced item on clearance or sale. $3.28 as an example.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Alternatively, you can just round the cents up/down. i.e. round $3.28 to $3.30. you know, like the civilised world.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

How Rude posted:

Pennies are helpful for if you have an oddly priced item on clearance or sale. $3.28 as an example.

I haaaaaate seeing price tags like that with a burning passion because all it means to me is that I'm going to be carrying pennies afterwards that I won't be able to do anything with for a really long time. Prices should just round off to a 5 or a 0.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want them to phase out nickels next, I'm sick of those loving things. I wish they'd gotten rid of them before they did pennies. More volume than a quarter but a fifth the value? Sign me the gently caress up, said a goddamn idiot.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Picnic Princess posted:

My pet peeve is when people refer to my country as if it is a hive mind and subsequently imply that somehow it is my own physical choice to keep the penny in circulation as a form of currency.

edit: Oops I thought this was the pyf pet peeves thread.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Sep 12, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

CJacobs posted:

Lifehack: Want to live in a decent city? Too bad, they don't exist.

Columbus says hi as the only decent city in Ohio, possibly the midwest.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Columbus says hi as the only decent city in Ohio, possibly the midwest.

You're thinking Toledo. Go Mudhens!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Stottie Kyek posted:

Lifehack: show your partner a great time in bed by TALKING to the poor bastard and asking them what they like instead of doing daft poo poo off Tumblr
Lifehack: remain a lifelong virgin so you never have to interact with other human beings.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lifehack: have sex on the ground like an animal you piece of poo poo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

CJacobs posted:

My pet peeve is when people refer to my country as if it is a hive mind and subsequently imply that somehow it is my own physical choice to keep the penny in circulation as a form of currency.

edit: Oops I thought this was the pyf pet peeves thread.

Everyone refers to every country like that. You are not special in your suffering.

Lifehack: stop victimizing yourself.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Picnic Princess posted:

Everyone refers to every country like that. You are not special in your suffering.

Lifehack: stop victimizing yourself.

No poo poo, that's my point.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Turtlicious posted:

sex like an animal is hot and good

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Turtlicious posted:

Ugh, God, no, that doesn't rule out the possibility that you might have to communicate with a sexual partner at some point.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Pomp posted:

sex like an animal is hot and good

Lifehack: looking to improve your sex life? Do it like they do on the discovery channel

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
There are many arguments for and against keeping the penny, please don't refer to "Americans" as a monolithic hive mind. We may be fatter than some, but we're not yet a single lard-conjoined entity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_debate_in_the_United_States

Or make yourself this not-stupid ring!

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Lifehack: Want to live in the 1950s? Wear a fedora to look cool like Humphrey Bogart and usher in a more civilized age.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Picnic Princess posted:

Where the gently caress in America were you that you couldn't use credit? :psyduck:

Even the street vendors where I work can take credit. If you were in any even remotely major city, you'd be able to use credit no problem! If you weren't in a major city, then I'm sorry.

My favorite life-hack is just using my bank card to pay for poo poo. Who wants to carry cash around? Certainly not me!

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

YOU hosed UP.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Silver Falcon posted:

Where the gently caress in America were you that you couldn't use credit? :psyduck:

Even the street vendors where I work can take credit. If you were in any even remotely major city, you'd be able to use credit no problem! If you weren't in a major city, then I'm sorry.

My favorite life-hack is just using my bank card to pay for poo poo. Who wants to carry cash around? Certainly not me!

Hold up. You can buy hot dogs from a hot dog stand where you live with credit???

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's called "mobile Internet", gramps. Look it up.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

All that food stuff made me gag. So much citrus.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Oh you silly people complaining about pennies.

The three lowest coins we have in my country are worth respectively 0.001 dollar(useless), 0.01 dollar(kind of useless) and 0.09 dollar(just barely useful).

Medieval Medic has a new favorite as of 15:09 on Sep 12, 2014

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Life hack: buy bitcoin. They are divisible beyond reason and you can end the fed. Rand Paul 2016 kill your parents and let live animals live on your head.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I'm in the Czech Republic right now and they're awesome because they only have Kronen. 25-30 Kronen = 1 Euro. So 1 Krone is enough for small change, and for everything bigger, you just use bills. I want 1-5 Eurocents to be abolished, gently caress em.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Simply Simon posted:

I'm in the Czech Republic right now and they're awesome because they only have Kronen. 25-30 Kronen = 1 Euro. So 1 Krone is enough for small change, and for everything bigger, you just use bills. I want 1-5 Eurocents to be abolished, gently caress em.
Koruna or Crowns, are you German or Dutch maybe?

I always come back from CZ with a bunch of small change. You're right that 1 koruna is actually almost useful, compared to a penny in the US anyway. I have a ton of 1 and 2 Kć coins and they are still useless though.

They do still have a subdivision of the koruna though, and you can occasionally find coins in that range, but basically everyone ignores them, at least in Brno.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Sep 12, 2014

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Half the places in town always have their credit/debit machines down, some have been down all year. Good handful don't even have credit machines, but 95% of them all take checks.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Darth Freddy posted:

Half the places in town always have their credit/debit machines down, some have been down all year. Good handful don't even have credit machines, but 95% of them all take checks.

Time to move out of Reform, Alabama.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ChaosArgate posted:

Hold up. You can buy hot dogs from a hot dog stand where you live with credit???

I haven't tried the hot dog cart, but the sandwich truck, Thai food truck, Chinese truck and taco truck can all take credit. They swipe this thingy on their phones, you sign on the touch screen, and they can e-mail you the receipt.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Silver Falcon posted:

I haven't tried the hot dog cart, but the sandwich truck, Thai food truck, Chinese truck and taco truck can all take credit. They swipe this thingy on their phones, you sign on the touch screen, and they can e-mail you the receipt.

All the street food here (Boston) uses Square, which sounds like what you're describing.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Lifehack: Move to Canada where the penny has been removed from circulation so you can stop bitching about pennies.

Or maybe it's just Ontario, gently caress if I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's the whole country, Morpheus.