Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Do the lads behind AEP comment on PSP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Russo's a nice guy but he has to own up on some of the poo poo that explodes when he's around. There's no way he's the unluckiest booker on the planet.

Also Jim Cornette dials the rage factor up to 11 on his podcast if you're into that kinda thing. I loving love it even if I think Cornette is a dink.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

coconono posted:

Russo's a nice guy

Is this the same way that those guys off Reddit call themselves "nice guys"?

Because Russo's a racist, misogynist dickhead.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Russo murdered my cousin Owen

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Spikeguy posted:

Do the lads behind AEP comment on PSP?

I believe they're redditors

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Russo says in JR's podcast that the only reason the Internet Wrestling Community hates him is because he did such a great job playing a heel in WCW. None of you guys hated him before that.

JR, Austin, and Jericho need to listen to each other's podcasts. This was a complete repeat of Russo's interview with Austin. We learned nothing new. Russo told the same stories. That was just a waste of time. Both of them (JR and Russo) know that Russo was just interviewed, right? Does Russo always think that people are hearing him for the first time ever?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey at least we got to hear Russo own up to Oklahoma being a terrible idea and accepting full responsibility for it and saying there was absolutely no justification for it.... but it was all actually Vince McMahon's fault!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

Hey at least we got to hear Russo own up to Oklahoma being a terrible idea and accepting full responsibility for it and saying there was absolutely no justification for it.... but it was all actually Vince McMahon's fault!

I haven't heard the interview, but Vince Russo saying that it was McMahon's idea to insult JR in a distasteful way might be the most believable thing Russo has ever said.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I haven't heard the interview, but Vince Russo saying that it was McMahon's idea to insult JR in a distasteful way might be the most believable thing Russo has ever said.

No no, it was all Russo's idea and nobody is to blame but him and it was without justification... it's just that Vince McMahon put him in such a bad mood when he left the company that he was in the mindset to do it. But it's all Russo's fault, he admits that he is totally to blame.... but that he only did it because of Vince McMahon being callous about his (Russo's) family.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 12, 2014

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
stone cold spent ten minutes talking about how badly he needed to take a poo poo on his podcast today and his existential crisis about where he needed to take said poo poo.

give the man a fuckin marconi award.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha that's old school, he used to tell taking a poo poo stories a lot in the early days of his podcast :allears:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I've never eaten at a Waffle House but I'll be damned if Stone Cold doesn't make it sound like heaven on earth.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the minute Vince Russo ever takes blame for anything I will buy one of his awful FIRE RUSSO shirts

glad this will never happen

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Drink every time JR says "physicality"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Fat Lowtax posted:

That would make you run out of Route 44 diet...peach...tea awfully quickly!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
From the Daily Update:

Someone needs to factory reset Meltzer

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

rovert posted:

From the Daily Update:

September 11, 2001...the day of 9/11

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also maybe it was just a slip of the tongue, but Russo talks about arriving in WCW where the old guys like Hogan were on top and that was preventing young guys like Chris Jericho from making their big break, and he immediately went to bat for guys like this.

Now correct me if I'm wrong because Lord knows I often am.... but didn't Jericho debut in WWF while Russo was still working there?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Also maybe it was just a slip of the tongue, but Russo talks about arriving in WCW where the old guys like Hogan were on top and that was preventing young guys like Chris Jericho from making their big break, and he immediately went to bat for guys like this.

Now correct me if I'm wrong because Lord knows I often am.... but didn't Jericho debut in WWF while Russo was still working there?

Guys LIKE Jericho. You know, Lenny Lane

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

coconono posted:

Russo's a nice guy but he has to own up on some of the poo poo that explodes when he's around. There's no way he's the unluckiest booker on the planet.

Also Jim Cornette dials the rage factor up to 11 on his podcast if you're into that kinda thing. I loving love it even if I think Cornette is a dink.

He didn't have a guest this week (his cohost/producer just got out of the hospital) so he just ranted about everything from Republicans to Lucha Underground for like an hour this week and it's amazing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Austin also talks about the time he saved a whale from the waters behind his house and they had a beer together 200ft under the Sea.

Austin's show is a loving experience.

It is also occasionally a loving Experience as I have heard about Steve Austin's sexual appetite more than I ever wanted to.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 12, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

njsykora posted:

It is also occasionally a loving Experience as I have heard about Steve Austin's sexual appetite more than I ever wanted to.

Remember when he posited the notion of producing Steve Austin brand pussy-snorkels for the express purpose of performing oral sex on a sasquatch?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Austin imagining that his bottle of wine was yelling out his name was the best story of the show.

And then he drank said wine out of a measuring cup.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

These descriptions make Austin sound Scott Steiner levels of insane.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Funnily enough, listening to his podcast more gives you the impression that he is remarkably level-headed and grounded, and that he's come out the other side of pro-wrestling with his head screwed on right and in a far better place psychologically than a lot of other guys.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

One of my favorite parts of the show is that despite being easily one of the most financially successful wrestlers of all time, Austin is still a cheap bastard who will get pissed about the price of a skillet at Walmart.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

One of my favorite parts of the show is that despite being easily one of the most financially successful wrestlers of all time, Austin is still a cheap bastard who will get pissed about the price of a skillet at Walmart.

Didn't he nearly have a fit when Nash told him how much he'd spent on the wine they got trashed with after a recent show?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't he nearly have a fit when Nash told him how much he'd spent on the wine they got trashed with after a recent show?

Yeah, he'll spend $500 on his half of a bar tab, but won't pay $50 for a skillet. Is it Austin who Foley would compete with to see who was the cheapest guy on the road?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

njsykora posted:

Yeah, he'll spend $500 on his half of a bar tab, but won't pay $50 for a skillet. Is it Austin who Foley would compete with to see who was the cheapest guy on the road?

I think that was Owen.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

From the Daily Update:

It's no "eat Ole & Arn Anderson"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope burping loudly into the mics isn't going to be a regular thing on the Talkin Shop Hootcast

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fat Lowtax posted:

he also doesn't know what the word means

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Luigi Thirty posted:

He didn't have a guest this week (his cohost/producer just got out of the hospital) so he just ranted about everything from Republicans to Lucha Underground for like an hour this week and it's amazing.

I really, really like Alice Radley's weekly RAW recaps (The RWR podcast) because her and a guest always shits all over RAW, but in a funny way. It's the difference between Cornette's 'this poo poo sucks so here's how it sucks in joke form' delivery versus Jim Ross's 'this poo poo sucks' delivery.

The fact that she nearly died from that liver issue was crazy.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Alice Radley is the worst.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bhester posted:

Alice Radley is the worst.

To me the worst podcaster is...

To be fair, the man doesn't eat cream cheese. And, his crazy-ness is what makes him so fun to listen to but still.

I just can't get over him calling people "marks" when he's the biggest mark out there if he thinks Hunter is the Smartest Man In The Business.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

LordPants posted:

To be fair, the man doesn't eat cream cheese. And, his crazy-ness is what makes him so fun to listen to but still.

I just can't get over him calling people "marks" when he's the biggest mark out there if he thinks Hunter is the Smartest Man In The Business.

I will fight you, Dan Ryckert is literally a perfect angel.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Dunno, I'd put Trips pretty high up there at this point in his career. He knows all the tricks. Dan is a fool for the terminology though.

Maybe best for the questions thread, but who are the smartest people in the biz in the opinion of everyone here? Just who can rule the roost and run the show to satisfaction?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Another Person posted:

Dunno, I'd put Trips pretty high up there at this point in his career. He knows all the tricks. Dan is a fool for the terminology though.

Maybe best for the questions thread, but who are the smartest people in the biz in the opinion of everyone here? Just who can rule the roost and run the show to satisfaction?

"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

LordPants posted:

He overstates it. But HHH seems to be someone who has a vision and has made all the right moves so far. He's found that mix of sports entertainment/actual wrestling with NXT that's lacking in the main roster. I wouldn't say he's the smartest man in the business, but in those terms he's one of the smartest people in the WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I think Hogan deserves mention solely for how he played Turner his entire stint of the 90s. Being able to strategically be off Nitros when they were going to get beat by sporting events and then claim ratings himself. And I'll second Nash as well.

• Locked thread