Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Astro Nut posted:

If you're a Platinum Member of Club Nintendo, sure!

Otherwise, week.

Does Platinum for last year count? Or can I finish up a bunch of surveys right now and still be able to get the demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

jivjov posted:

Does Platinum for last year count? Or can I finish up a bunch of surveys right now and still be able to get the demo?

Not sure. Try, and then pray?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I will say that Captain Toad is definitely the game I'm looking forward most to for the rest of the year, and this is definitely cementing that. The levels, while still small and contained, are larger than the ones in SM3DW and they are designed extremely well to pack in a lot of interaction in such a small space.

Edit: I take that back. This third level they are showing is probably on the scale of some of the medium to larger SM3DW levels.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 12, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Astro Nut posted:

Not sure. Try, and then pray?

Well it seems like all of my surveys have vanished anyway :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Toad skull :stare:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VelociBacon posted:

2 token 'hot chicks' ugh.

I mean one of them used the word "headcanon", so...

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Wow, this level is way more intense than any of the Captain Toad levels in 3D World. It's amazing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
"This is a butt clincher" Nintendo streams can have great commentary.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This Captain Toad thing looks pretty good, I want to try this volcano level.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Toad skull :stare:

For those not watching, Captain Toad has the skulls of dead Toad people.

Wild Knight posted:

Wow, this level is way more intense than any of the Captain Toad levels in 3D World. It's amazing.

Again, for those not watching, it's a very long lava level that has the boost pads from SM3DW, and toad is constantly running as fast as he can making it easy to fall off into the lava.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Wild Knight posted:

I actually like how it uses the mic on the gamepad to add an additional timing element, combined with the speed pads forcing you to dash. Like, its obvious enough to realise you need to do it, but it can probably happen suddenly enough that you might miss it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
They are playing NES Remix on the 3DS now. Not too much to talk about. It's pretty much the same except there are online leader boards.

Also, it seems that the "surprise" that they didn't want to show in Captain Toad is somehow related to the gems that you collect.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Wait do you have to CURRENTLY be platinum to get the demo or have gotten it last year? Cause from end of June till September to get Platinum without a ton of releases is kinda suspect.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Fremry posted:

For those not watching, Captain Toad has the skulls of dead Toad people.

Yeah he's an archeologist dude.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I guess they are doing this on purpose, since NES Remix 1 and 2 have already been released, but it was only 10-15 minutes of Captain Toad, which I wanted to see more of. If you've played the NES remix games, there's not much to watch on this right now.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Zelda 2 described as "Greatest Game Ever."

e: "I learned this trick from Scott's mom"

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 12, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Did they say when Smash codes would be sent, by chance?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]

Louisgod posted:

They're being "rolled out" so it could be whenever. The suspense.

I love the Treehouse guys but they seem very insistent on playing games we all played 25 years ago.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Mega Man 7 coming to Virtual Console. About the only thing left on my wishlist is Mega Man 9 and 10 getting Wii U shop releases so I can stop booting into Wii Mode for them.

Louisgod posted:

Throughout the day, from what I heard.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Cool, thanks. I had a feeling they'd roll out a demo today but it sucks it's for high spenders only (I'm the 1%).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jivjov posted:

Mega Man 7 coming to Virtual Console. About the only thing left on my wishlist is Mega Man 9 and 10 getting Wii U shop releases so I can stop booting into Wii Mode for them.

Throughout the day, from what I heard.

Oh nice. Capcom may not care about making new Mega Man games, but at least this past two months they been really pumping out the old games on the eShop and PSN. Could see Mega Man 8 coming to PSN in a week or two and then Mega Man & Bass on the eShop in a few weeks.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This guy knows his Mega Man.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

Oh nice. Capcom may not care about making new Mega Man games, but at least this past two months they been really pumping out the old games on the eShop and PSN. Could see Mega Man 8 coming to PSN in a week or two and then Mega Man & Bass on the eShop in a few weeks.

I forgot about Mega Man and Bass! I hope that if we get it its the SNES version though...I had a great time with an english patched ROM of it. The GBA version is just so tiny...

Louisgod posted:

Cool, thanks. I had a feeling they'd roll out a demo today but it sucks it's for high spenders only (I'm the 1%).

Lousigod, I've always been p.cool with you...My housemate and my wife have claims on 2 of my codes, but you can have my 3rd.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Let's Play Mega Man with the Treehouse.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Let's Play Mega Man with the Treehouse.

I'm OK with this. :allears:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Does anyone know if New Super Mario bros 2 uses the shoulder buttons?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Siliconera says you get the demo from Platinum status for the LAST period, not the current one (i.e July 1st, 2013 – June 30th, 2014)

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/12/super-smash-bros-3ds-demo-reaches-north-america-september-19th/

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Megaman 7 looks pretty good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kurtofan posted:

Megaman 7 looks pretty good.

It's pretty great. Only ding against it is that you can only select 4 Robot Masters at first.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Is it really? I couldn't really get into it when I tried years ago.

It might be neat to get this again just to throw some Mega Man related money at Capcom.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's out right now!!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wild Knight posted:

Is it really? I couldn't really get into it when I tried years ago.

It might be neat to get this again just to throw some Mega Man related money at Capcom.

Its got some of the coolest hidden poo poo in any Mega Man game. The Rush Adapter is super cool, you can use Protoman's shield, there's a hidden Mega Man vs Bass street fighter esque mini-game.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Chronojam posted:

Zelda 2 described as "Greatest Game Ever."

Accurate description.

Mega Man 7's dumb but has good voice clips.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Spring Man just got owned. :allears:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Dr Pepper posted:

Spring Man just got owned. :allears:

That was pretty drat entertaining, I won't lie.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Wait, that thing about the demo being for platinum members only is real? I thought it was just someone in this thread making a joke. What the gently caress, Nintendo :psyduck:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mega Man 7 and 8 are both good games but they just seemed to have lost something from the 8-bit series without gaining all that much like the X series. They are still worth playing but pretty much all the 8-bit ones are better.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Suaimhneas posted:

Wait, that thing about the demo being for platinum members only is real? I thought it was just someone in this thread making a joke. What the gently caress, Nintendo :psyduck:

It's also unlimited use.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Suaimhneas posted:

The demo will be for everyone, but no release date on it, meanwhile today some platinum members will get 4 codes to download the demo right away with 3 friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Demo will be out for everyone next Friday, 9/19. Might be the same as the Japan demo, which only has 30 uses, as opposed to the Club Nintendo demo that has unlimited uses.

• Locked thread