Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

The Lone Badger posted:

It's not Detroit, is it?

Can't be. The sign has power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Text jokes are funny, right?

The very best scraped off the bottom of the barrel.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh here's a better image set. Guess who!

Peter Dinklage

Winona Ryder

Eminem

Kim Kardashian

Jerry Seinfeld

Harrison Ford

Zesty has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Sep 13, 2014

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Eminem looks like a 38 year old with a pool route.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

BrianRx posted:

Eminem looks like a 38 year old with a pool route.

I thought he was a young Marty Feldman. I am very disappointed

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Met posted:

Oh here's a better image set. Guess who!

Eminem

Obligatory:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Can't be. The sign has power.

I meant the free city that they're offering. I don't want Detroit.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Maybe it's because you posted Peter Dinklage right before this one, but I could have sworn this was Joffrey.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Met posted:

Peter Dinklage

I wish I knew a mod so I could get this as a tall avatar:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is from the opening credits of this year's Godzilla movie. Originally, every word in that paragraph was blacked out except for Bryan Cranston's name.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Sep 13, 2014

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
I a little disappointed that Tokyo (東京) and Kyoto (京都) aren't simply two ideograms flipped.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Mr Havafap posted:

I a little disappointed that Tokyo (東京) and Kyoto (京都) aren't simply two ideograms flipped.

'To' in Tokyo is a long sound, where the 'to' in Kyoto is short. So they're pronounced 'To-kyo-' and 'Kyo-to'.

End of hilarious derail.

Funny picture for penance:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

We had these in Belgium for a while.

I don't remember these being a thing, I wonder what the Dutch tagline said.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I remember the second ad, but not the black burger.

It was only for a few weeks though, for the release of the Phantom Menace.

Looks surprisingly OK compared to the ad

But Quick burgers are usually not so bad looking. The taste is another issue.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 12:15 on Sep 13, 2014

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
You can get a Rye burger at Hesburger here in Latvia it's not black but it's pretty dark and very tasty.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Phlegmish posted:

No idea, the only quick I ever go to is in Brussels and that was always in French.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Phlegmish posted:

"Kies jouw kant van de kracht."

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

But Quick burgers are usually not so bad looking. The taste is another issue.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Flipperwaldt posted:

"Kies jouw kant van de kracht."

Their bacon burger is the hottest poo poo ever and I'll fight you if you disagree. :colbert:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Deltasquid posted:

Their bacon burger is the hottest poo poo ever and I'll fight you if you disagree. :colbert:
Where and when?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

No idea, the only quick I ever go to is in Brussels and that was always in French.

:crying Flemish flag:

I've been nuggetized.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I really liked Quick when I went on holiday to France, it was nice that they don't salt fries for you :shobon: unlike fast food places like the KFCs here whose fries are so laden with salt they suck the saliva out of my mouth as soon as I open the bag :mad:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

As the Earth turns, so do goons return to food chat.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Aristophanes posted:

I really liked Quick when I went on holiday to France, it was nice that they don't salt fries for you :shobon: unlike fast food places like the KFCs here whose fries are so laden with salt they suck the saliva out of my mouth as soon as I open the bag :mad:

Ironicly KFC over here in the UK don't salt there fries.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

DotyManX posted:

Passed this charming mom and pop store the other day

If you're ever in Indiana/southern Ohio, and you're looking to buy an RV, visit THE RAPER.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I would've thought he'd be more of a "white panel van" kind of guy.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mr E posted:

This guy is an rear end in a top hat, hth.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wanted to be a little more gentle then douche and rear end in a top hat, but they were the first words that came to mind.

You guys watched a different video than I did, because I think Greg Benson/Mediocre Films is actually really funny. Also that video was pretty much just an experiment in how food is advertised, how you typically get is presented, and if they can live up to the advertisements if they try. Didn't see anything rear end in a top hat-ish about it.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Its because he is giving a hard time to low wage people that have no power over how a company advertises its products. They are working a job for money and they don't need an rear end in a top hat to show up and give them a hard time over how the corporation writes its advertisement policies.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Centripetal Horse posted:

If you're ever in Indiana/southern Ohio, and you're looking to buy an RV, visit THE RAPER.

I've always wanted to take a picture of their advertising every time that I drive in that area.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Goodpancakes posted:

Its because he is giving a hard time to low wage people that have no power over how a company advertises its products. They are working a job for money and they don't need an rear end in a top hat to show up and give them a hard time over how the corporation writes its advertisement policies.

But he's not berating them? He's being very nice and asking them to do something for him in the same way you might nicely go back up and say "I asked for no onions on this, and this has onions." And then he thanks them when they accommodate him.

That's how I took it, but I guess I can understand if you see it differently. Wouldn't call him an rear end in a top hat for it, though.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I've always wanted to take a picture of their advertising every time that I drive in that area.

I kick myself for never taking a picture of the sign reading GAYMAN CONSTRUCTION that I drove past every day one summer.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Burger King is doing some goth-themed burgers in Japan:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Jamesman posted:

But he's not berating them? He's being very nice and asking them to do something for him in the same way you might nicely go back up and say "I asked for no onions on this, and this has onions." And then he thanks them when they accommodate him.

That's how I took it, but I guess I can understand if you see it differently. Wouldn't call him an rear end in a top hat for it, though.

Even if he's being generally nice about it, he's giving an impossible task to a bunch of people working minimum wage at a lovely job. Maybe if he was harassing the marketing department instead or something.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

People working at McDonald's are bored out of their mind by the routine. They welcome something shaking it up.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

beato posted:

You can get a Rye burger at Hesburger here in Latvia it's not black but it's pretty dark and very tasty.

Hesburger is in Latvia? :monocle:

Hesburger was the one to introduce rye burgers here in Finland (at least out of chain places). Of course everyone started doing them and they tried to raise a big stink out of it. Even McD has rye burgers here.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Met posted:

Harrison Ford

Doesn't matter if you're gay or not, if you don't think Harrison Ford is an attractive man then I don't know what to tell you. :colbert:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

I've been nuggetized.

4 and 5 are the same nugget

:goonsay:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Metanaut posted:

Hesburger is in Latvia? :monocle:

Hesburger was the one to introduce rye burgers here in Finland (at least out of chain places). Of course everyone started doing them and they tried to raise a big stink out of it. Even McD has rye burgers here.

I believe there are actually more Hesburgers here than McDonalds.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dialhforhero posted:

Doesn't matter if you're gay or not, if you don't think Harrison Ford is an attractive man then I don't know what to tell you. :colbert:

Maybe it's just the haircut but I thought it was Channing Tatum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

The Lone Badger posted:

It's not Detroit, is it?

Nope, eastern NC. They have a website too.
Here it is for anyone who doesn't want to google "raper discount drugs"

http://www.raperdiscountdrugs.com/

• Locked thread