Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

it wasn't a fix, it was a nerf -- fire used to spread infinitely, it was changed to have a finite randomized generation counter (in part because trees are randomly generated close enough to surface lava pools to spontaneously ignite)

it was ok back when there were less trees. it was p loving cool when you'd be trekking around and come across a burning forest like a goddam hell scape. clear out a part of it and make a home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Miley Virus posted:

"oh god why won't you buy me i'm just as good as him i'm such a nice guy please why do you only buy rear end in a top hat tablets for hipsters i'd treat you so much better"
mods?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

it wasn't a fix, it was a nerf -- fire used to spread infinitely, it was changed to have a finite randomized generation counter (in part because trees are randomly generated close enough to surface lava pools to spontaneously ignite)

now that is a bug

hmmm yes, my random map generator has declared right next to a pool of raging lava to be a suitable place for a forest, because trees spontaneously ignite near lava but only once they reach full size and the radiant heat won't harm them in the meantime or impact their growth

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
you'd think trees exposed to lava on a regular basis would eventually gain resistance to lava anyways

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
minecraft is poo poo you nerds lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

colbylol posted:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

univbee posted:

now that is a bug

hmmm yes, my random map generator has declared right next to a pool of raging lava to be a suitable place for a forest, because trees spontaneously ignite near lava but only once they reach full size and the radiant heat won't harm them in the meantime or impact their growth

this is true, but it also solved the problem of explaining to crying 9 year old that if you light the god damned forest on fire next to your house, of course your loving house is going to burn down you idiot

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

this is true, but it also solved the problem of explaining to crying 9 year old that if you light the god damned forest on fire next to your house, of course your loving house is going to burn down you idiot

fixed bug: actions no longer have consequences

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

univbee posted:

fire is a raging, unstoppable force under the best conditions in the real world

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

univbee posted:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

univbee posted:

/

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

colbylol posted:

seriously no one cares about your idiot block tree fires

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

univbee posted:

wait how is this a bug? fire is a raging, unstoppable force under the right conditions in the real world and your description makes it seem like it was doing exactly that in minecraft pre-"fix"

one of my favorite things about "don't starve" is lighting entire forests on fire

don't starve is basically minecraft with all the sperglord sandbox stuff removed. your core goal is to not die, and that's plenty difficult on its own

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

colbylol posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I got a shot of the Surface Array of Failure

not seen: anyone interacting with a surface

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

I haven't heard anyone refer to them as a surface yet. $500 million well spent.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

qirex posted:

hahaha those look so trashy
next microsoft is going to whine they they aren't using them on air and the nfl is going to return keep the $400 mil and tell them to go gently caress themselves

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that's in chapter 2 of my ms/nfl fanfiction
please click here to buy the ebook

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

terry bradshaw had a stack of papers and his glasses on top of the keyboard

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that image could not have any more ads in it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

that image could not have any more ads in it

i'm more impressed with how many copies of each ad there are.

i count at least 22 complete logos but there are only like 4 unique ones.

i'm also impressed that everyone's coffee mug is perfectly logo-facing-camera

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
nfl has probably spent more time meeting with microsoft over branding than figuring out to how address the domestic abuse and brain damage scandals combined

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i hope they find the ray rice elevator video in goodell's inbox and get him fired

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
no, microsoft has spent time meeting with networks over getting the brand mentioned and visible by sitting on those desks out there, the nfl has done its job from its point of view, it does not run the announcers or pre-game shows, it took the 400m for that creepy blue surface locker and let it be a thing that sits on the sidelines

nascar has the same problem, fox will not even mention entire races by their full sponsored name, as the sponsor is not a fox advertiser

so its a pure ms fuckup by someone thinking they had the nfl sponsorship sewn up but was then totally caught off guard when they finally realized in week 2 that they had to grease every palm the nfl product crosses along the way

it is incompetence at ms in action

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

no, microsoft has spent time meeting with networks over getting the brand mentioned and visible by sitting on those desks out there, the nfl has done its job from its point of view, it does not run the announcers or pre-game shows, it took the 400m for that creepy blue surface locker and let it be a thing that sits on the sidelines

nascar has the same problem, fox will not even mention entire races by their full sponsored name, as the sponsor is not a fox advertiser

so its a pure ms fuckup by someone thinking they had the nfl sponsorship sewn up but was then totally caught off guard when they finally realized in week 2 that they had to grease every palm the nfl product crosses along the way

it is incompetence at ms in action

Owns

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

eric posted:

I haven't heard anyone refer to them as a surface yet. $500 million well spent.

One day there will be an iPad sitting behind the Surface that the presenter will actually use.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

qirex posted:

is the white surface/nfl logo on the kickstand new this week? i seem to remember it being just blue with nothing on it in week one but im in an afc area so i dont watch a lot of fox

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

LastInLine posted:

is the white surface/nfl logo on the kickstand new this week? i seem to remember it being just blue with nothing on it in week one but im in an afc area so i dont watch a lot of fox

afaik pre-season it was just plain surfaces, then they added the blue cases and lettering

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
next week they'll be facing outwards running bapco benchmarks

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

production crews will have to script really played out and awkward set pieces involving lumia phones

"and now down to jim..oh it seems the sound has broken, never mind ill call him"

slowly draws large lumia phone out of pocket

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

production crews will have to script really played out and awkward set pieces involving lumia phones

"and now down to jim..oh it seems the sound has broken, never mind ill call him"

slowly draws large lumia phone out of pocket

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

next week they'll be facing outwards running bapco benchmarks
lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

but watch them call it their "smart phone"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
"we're going to call jim down at the sidelines on his iphone"

*cut to massive lumia held next to ear and crystal clear audio*

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Last Chance posted:

"i'll call him on my android" *pulls hot pink phone with LUMIA in huge lettering on both sides out of pocket*

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"hey lets get a look at you jim"

starts a skype call

"youre looking very clear in that facetime there"

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Last Chance posted:

Phil is that the new iphone? my daughter wants one.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
eventually there's just going to be a guy that walks out in front of the camera every 45 seconds to hold up a giant surface logo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

and then people will associate the surface name with 'the thing that gets in the way of mah football', and theyll have to call it the bingtab or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it'd be funny if they made them use the surface one (the first surface, the table thing) and they still were like "wow this is one huge ipad"

• Locked thread