Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Ole Miss is probably not a top ten team.

I am not sure why they are getting more hype than Mizzou when Mizzou just had a good season that ended with them beating Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl, and when we already saw last year that Mauk could play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Numlock posted:

I finally forced myself to read some post game stuff about Tech-Arkansas and I'm about ready to shoot the Tech fanbase into the sun.

"Fire Wally"
"Pull Web"
etc...

Tech fans are idiots. It's loving year 2 of a rebuild from a dumpster pinebox fire. Oh yeah and the only good players that Tubberville lucked into graduated or left for the NFL. I was just fooling myself into thinking there wouldn't be a massive regression after that.

It has been pretty dumb watching them call for Webb's head. He's got a lot of problems, but considering the only other option this year is a guy who nearly went to play baseball instead of playing QB...

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

JesustheDarkLord posted:

In fairness, though, Worley isn't the QB to run this offense. He's composed and making great decisions (I seriously haven't seen anything that was dumb yet) but he's slow and it makes us one dimensional.

Yes it would be great to have an QB that would keep it on the read option.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sash! posted:

Who is giving any top 25 votes to Penn State?

Same person who got ND in the top ten.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sash! posted:

http://www.appollstalker.com/football/team/psu/2014

Seeing peoples' individual ballots is kinda weird

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Does anyone have footage of Mike London crying after the win over Louisville? My parents saw it on TV and since I was in the stadium trying not to die of shock, I didn't see it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wtftastic posted:

Does anyone have footage of Mike London crying after the win over Louisville? My parents saw it on TV and since I was in the stadium trying not to die of shock, I didn't see it.

ya here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37MoH8bQMvk

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I am not sure why they are getting more hype than Mizzou when Mizzou just had a good season that ended with them beating Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl, and when we already saw last year that Mauk could play.

The stubborn belief that all that talent they've picked up in recruiting the past couple of years has to translate into wins at some point.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Why does he have an Air Force hat on?

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

If you read the novel I wrote about it in the Douche thread, you'd know that they have a massive, massive J-School that puts a lot of sportswriters out there, and they aren't afraid to be gigantic homers. When you have enough people writing high praise articles about your team, then anyone who hasn't actually seen you play assumes you are good, and writes more articles about it.

That, and Freeze has the preacher act down to draw in those who vote with a bible in hand.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

computer parts posted:

When people say "The South" they mean "everywhere outside of New England (and maybe not even counting New Hampshire) except for a handful of cities scattered around".

UK did pretty well at least from the box score, or maybe Florida is just still really bad.

Don't you talk poo poo about New Hampshire, the greatest state in the nation :911:. Massachusetts residents need somewhere to buy their poo poo for cheaper.

oh my god, bless you.

I think being at this game gave me shingles. Like, dead serious, I got diagnosed with shingles today. I'm 26.

He has an AF hat on because it was armed forces day and they had dudes parachute into the stadium it was pretty loving cool.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
New UGA Fans Hill to Die On: Hutson Mason's naked bootleg on first and goal (loving seriously?) hit a defender's ankle therefore it shouldn't have been grounding.

Well then, maybe Hutson shouldn't have spiked it into the ground and thrown it over the end zone like an intelligent human

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

That, and Freeze has the preacher act down to draw in those who vote with a bible in hand.

I kinda think the "powers that be" want to push in two SEC West team for the playoffs, which would be boring. Moreso that people are buying in.

To poorly quote the GDT, "Jesse Palmer is trying to convince me Kentucky is good."

wtftastic posted:

oh my god, bless you.

I think being at this game gave me shingles. Like, dead serious, I got diagnosed with shingles today. I'm 26.

Jeez buddy get better :smith:

Watch those UVA highlights. They've gotten a lot better inexplicably.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Appropriate for the team that shows up in a theater to shout homophobic slurs.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about that

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

I kinda think the "powers that be" want to push in two SEC West team for the playoffs, which would be boring. Moreso that people are buying in.

To poorly quote the GDT, "Jesse Palmer is trying to convince me Kentucky is good."

Thanks, its been an interesting week. I am going to watch the highlights because now that its over, I think I can probably be more rational about it.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Raku posted:

Because they either didn't write their name on the role sheet (or because it mysteriously disappeared) they blamed it on walkons and no one was punished.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Raku posted:

Wait what the gently caress?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

If you read the novel I wrote about it in the Douche thread, you'd know that they have a massive, massive J-School that puts a lot of sportswriters out there, and they aren't afraid to be gigantic homers.

Missouri should get on that gigantic homer thing, I'd have to think we can match about anyone other than Syracuse for creating useless journalists.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Take away credentials from any reporter who puts a big ten team in the top 25.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
The Alabama secondary, with exception to Landon Collins, really loving sucks. I mean, I guess it could be worse. What's scary is that they're playing marginally better right now than they did against West Virginia because Bradley Sylve is benched. Eddie Jackson is the only guy back there that isn't named 'Landon Collins' with any redeeming qualities.

Florida is going to earn more yards through the air than they will deserve next week. But in two weeks when we go to Oxford, Laquon Treadwell is going to have a field day against us, and I already don't even want to think about what Travin Dural (LSU) is going to do in November.

Part of me really hopes that this is some sort of scheme that Smart/Saban have cooked up to lure future opponents into a false sense of security, but I know the program too well to believe they'd ever be okay with Southern Miss receivers getting open at will.

As far as the QB situation, Blake Sims is the guy. I'm fine with it. He leads and commands the huddle, and extends plays with his feet. Jacob Coker, no doubt, was monumentally overrated. Big arm, but no nerves.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Wait what the gently caress?

A bunch of football players ended up at a campus performance of The Laramie Project and shat all over it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ole-miss-students-including-approximately-20-football-players-152105852--ncaaf.html

quote:

According to the Daily Mississippian, the players were enrolled in a freshman level theater course that requires them to attend a specific number of plays. The estimated 20 players in attendance were not identified.

"The football players were certainly not the only audience members that were being offensive last night,” Ledbetter told the DM. “But they were definitely the ones who seemed to initiate others in the audience to say things, too. It seemed like they didn’t know that they were representing the university when they were doing these things.”

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Doronin posted:

As far as the QB situation, Blake Sims is the guy. I'm fine with it. He leads and commands the huddle, and extends plays with his feet. Jacob Coker, no doubt, was monumentally overrated. Big arm, but no nerves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGcqW3yidcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zs_-KffJSo
Blake Sims is really cool.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Crap, double post.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Trin Tragula posted:

A bunch of football players ended up at a campus performance of The Laramie Project and shat all over it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ole-miss-students-including-approximately-20-football-players-152105852--ncaaf.html
Holy poo poo.

And of course it's The Laramie Project that they'd be shitheads at.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Raku posted:

Blake Sims is really cool.

haha, I've never seen either of those but that's awesome. The more I learn about Blake the more I just like the guy.

Although I imagine that the fans in LSU are going to have a blast with the video clip from CBS when TJ Yeldon ran in that game winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N7rhmZcWvs

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

I'm confused about what to think about UVA this year. I chalked the ucla game as a fluke, but who knows anything now

Helps that we haven't played a road game yet this year

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I think you'll find that Mizzou isn't a "real" SEC team whereas Ole Miss (and A&M) are SEC. What's SEC? Who know's but thems the breaks.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

wtftastic posted:

UVa football gives you shingles. I'm going to need to remember this for when I need to drop wicked sick burns. Because that's me.

Ungratek posted:

I'm confused about what to think about UVA this year. I chalked the ucla game as a fluke, but who knows anything now

Helps that we haven't played a road game yet this year

The defense is probably actually good, it's where most of the talent they recruited ended up I think.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Heaf posted:

UVa football gives you shingles. I'm going to need to remember this for when I need to drop wicked sick burns. Because that's me.

The defense is probably actually good, it's where most of the talent they recruited ended up I think.

Its also given me migraines, but that's honestly pretty boring in comparison. I'm sure the recipient of your :iceburn: will be equally confused. :)

every
Apr 24, 2008

Please Mizzou or auburn or Florida beat usc

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Now I'm actually searching UVA football by upload date on youtube and it's not a good use of time.

But I found this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soOPCgV0bMI

:unsmith:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Sash! posted:

You know that 3rd season episode of Arrested Development where Jim Cramer says 'I like the Bluth family, they beat the treason charges, let's bump them up to risky!'

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

New UGA Fans Hill to Die On: Hutson Mason's naked bootleg on first and goal (loving seriously?) hit a defender's ankle therefore it shouldn't have been grounding.

Well then, maybe Hutson shouldn't have spiked it into the ground and thrown it over the end zone like an intelligent human

Throws it 90 feet in the air and is flagged for an uncatchable ball.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Virginia has a top 15 defense and a top 85 offense.

Credit where credit is due, our OC Fairchild called his best game at Virginia. Our offense wasn't great statistically, but we kept them off balance and played really good field position ball all day. First time in a long time I didn't know exactly where each play was going. The defense was great, and special teams were very good (3 long FGs, good punt returns, recovered a fumble).

Is this a turning point? Hard to tell. It could be just like the 2010 Miami game, another emotional win over a ranked opponent. But we only went 4-8 that year.

At 2-1, we should beat Kent State and lose to FSU. We will likely be a single digit underdog in all of the rest of our games. Can we get three more wins out of @BYU, Pittsburgh, @Duke, UNC, @GT, Miami, and @VT?

Tweet of the game just after a bench clearing fight:

Luke Bowanko @Lbow70 · Sep 13
20 bucks says @Matteo_UVA just ran around yelling world star

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

every posted:

Hahahaha oh poor every. You should never ask anything of us. You'll just be let down like Jeff Driskel's reads.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

Throws it 90 feet in the air and is flagged for an uncatchable ball.

Mason can't throw it twenty yards downfield I wouldn't worry about that

every
Apr 24, 2008

vyst posted:

Hahahaha oh poor every. You should never ask anything of us. You'll just be let down like Jeff Driskel's reads.

I'm betting the house on uf after that gutty win

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

every posted:

I bought Dave Steckel the Big Book Of Defending Screens so hopefully we win that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Groucho Marxist posted:

I bought Dave Steckel the Big Book Of Defending Screens so hopefully we win that game

Most of South Carolina's passing yardage came from flag routes so as long as your defense can play literally anything other than deep soft zone you should be all set

• Locked thread