Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

destiny is pretty great so far

im not one of the many in games who are level 20+ which requires like loving 20+ hours to get and bored of the game already, declaring it poo poo

reminds me of the thin glasses wearing fuckos in mmos who rush to get to the end game then complain there is nothing left to do

my babby warlock is only lvl 10, suits my needs

Just lol if you find the games forum too critical

Fabricated posted:

finished the second strike in Destiny

-fend off x waves of enemies
-big stupid HP sponge boss with instagib laser beam and shittons of adds

so basically all of these are going to be exactly the same

Just buy all the dlc and then the sequel and it will be good I'm sure

I'm glad we are getting all of these new ips so that we can be excited about the sequels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Awia posted:

what game should i play guys?

not destiny i am not a dumb dumb

rod rocket

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Fabricated posted:

one of the ones on mars has three hp sponge bosses

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't get how the strike bosses can be so lame

again, the superbosses from Borderlands 2, which I hate since they're also big HP sponges with instagib attacks are far more interesting

first strike boss is just a really big version of the orb things that're regular enemies, second is a bigger version of the "ogre" hive thing

anthonypants posted:

one of the ones on mars has three hp sponge bosses

oh goody

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
no instagib though :shobon:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idr instagib bosses in bl2. there were plenty of shot these things off the boss before proceeding to shot the boss in the vulnerable spot tho. the angel fight was good.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

is petit computer getting a native 3ds version? :allears:

yea

also dust palace strike is so phoned in lol, no unique enemies and they just reuse a stage from a previous mission. so much for that ps exclusive content

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fabricated posted:

yeah that loving strike is a god drat disaster and exactly what i was saying i hope they didn't do with the bosses

on the mars, there is a cool strike boss where there are 3 not ridiculous health bosses that spawn and each time you take one down, reinforcements arrive and i enjoyed that, and it only took a few minutes to get to, didn't suck to fight

but gently caress that second boss, what terrible garbage

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 15, 2014

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
fwiw though i really am looking forward to the post from the yospos guy who spent 750 to get collectors edition and a ps4

i enjoy destiny but if i had paid 750 to play it i would be hella mad at my poor decision making facilities

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'd enjoy Destiny more if it wasn't such a pain in the rear end to form groups and if the strike groupfinder actually replaced people who dropped like any modern MMO.

I'm trying to get into the goon PS4 clan whenever they get around to approving it but apparently you still need to manually add PSN IDs to your friends list to group with clan members? That's fuckin dumb

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c starcraft 2 js: why did i pay $20 for this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StabMasterArson posted:

does anyone actually play fps games with a mouse and invert the y

so pushing forward makes you look down? of course without a mother loving doubt

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Fabricated posted:

I'd enjoy Destiny more if it wasn't such a pain in the rear end to form groups and if the strike groupfinder actually replaced people who dropped like any modern MMO.

I'm trying to get into the goon PS4 clan whenever they get around to approving it but apparently you still need to manually add PSN IDs to your friends list to group with clan members? That's fuckin dumb
i've jumped into a number of strikes that were on the last boss and, tbqh, it owns

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Kenny Logins posted:

cause u love dead games that mistake busywork for engaging mechanics?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

echinopsis posted:

so pushing forward makes you look down? of course without a mother loving doubt

that's hosed
control sticks I can understand, but a mouse?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did i ever tell you guys how I got my accidental grim fandango tattoo? I
got a skull tattooed on my back when I was 19. years later I find or that it's basically from grim fandango

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Al! posted:

did i ever tell you guys how I got my accidental grim fandango tattoo? I
got a skull tattooed on my back when I was 19. years later I find or that it's basically from grim fandango

i thought you said back of your head and immediately thought of:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

here's my accidental grim fandango tattoo from when I was a teenager:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Al! posted:

nothing wrong with that tattoo

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Al! posted:

nice taintskin

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kenny Logins posted:

everyone told u not 2

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

nothing wrong with that tattoo

you sure because it looks like a grim fandango character with a tiny hat and a bad stache

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Al! posted:

lol

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Olivil fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 15, 2014

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you guys should see my accidental FMV Gabriel knight tattoo

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

let me show you guys my triforce tattoo, its sick nasty

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

you guys should see my accidental FMV Gabriel knight tattoo

weird coincidence, i drunkenly got a tattoo of the entire cat hair mustache puzzle sequence from gabriel knight

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

haha holy poo poo. I played curse of monkey island a lot but you're probably right that tattoo is as much Murray as it is Manny. I literally never made that connection before

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StabMasterArson posted:

that's hosed
control sticks I can understand, but a mouse?

it's not hosed it's you that's hosed

when I starte playing 3d games "inverted mouse" wasn't a thing, it was normal. then it was an
option and ten the default was a backwards system. it's messed up and your brain is broken if you don't do it like I do

idk why you'd differentiate between mouse and stick anyway

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Fabricated posted:

yeah i just did that second strike everyone was bitching about earlier and had a guy quit before we got to it. ended up being my hunter and this other poor warlock kiting for >10 minutes because if we ever stopped moving the non stop flow of knights/wizards/eyeball gently caress beams would destroy us

way more annoying than fun, the boss HP balancing is giving me nightmares of dungeons back in guild wars 2s release

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

echinopsis posted:

when I starte playing 3d games "inverted mouse" wasn't a thing, it was normal. then it was an
option and ten the default was a backwards system. it's messed up and your brain is broken if you don't do it like I do

mouse = pointer, direct movement on a 2d plane

stick = movement of a camera/head. imagine the player's head being moved by the stick (or eyes for not inverted)

that's the main reasoning for normal mouse inverted stick

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

so when you use your computesr your cursor moves down when you move the mouse forward

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cgs: beat the torgue dlc minus some side missions for bl2, it was cool, doing the hammerlock dlc next i guess

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Al! posted:

you sure because it looks like a grim fandango character with a tiny hat and a bad stache

is it as small as it looks?
my bad teenage decision is half my back and lol im not sharing that

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I'm the smile button

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duckfarts posted:

so when you use your computesr your cursor moves down when you move the mouse forward

what the ducks arts????

it's like it's controlling the top of my head.

not my chin

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
weirdly looking forward to this. the 90s are coming back? along with active desktop virii

quote:

Launches ANY program, supports THOUSANDS of community made maps & models, doesn't lag you down, and is the easiest & most useful 3D desktop out there. Start using it today and your entire PC will turn into an entertainment experience! Supports the Oculus Rift for a virtual reality experience!

Immerse yourself in the metaverse by transforming your desktop & the internet into a 3D world you can explore with your friends.

Anarchy Arcade is a media-focused 3D desktop with multiplayer and internet capabilities. It's unlike any game or program you've ever played before. With it you can consolidate everything you do on your PC into a fun & interactive gaming experience.

You use Anarchy Arcade to:
Create personalized, immersive 3D experiences filled with your favorite things.
Launch the links, games, movies, and other 3D shortcuts just like normal.
Share these experiences with your friends in multiplayer or web links.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
inverted y is weird, it only matches stick controls because sticks were meant to control flight games. fps games are not flight games unless you make airplane sounds when you play them but now that i think about it i guess that's ok i shouldn't judge people for being old

finally, now i can make my own creepy dungeon without remodeling my home

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretend you've grabbed the top of your head in your hand when you hold a mouse. Push forward and your view goes down. Pull back and you look up.

Time works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The smash bro demo is the gift that keeps on giving

• Locked thread