Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Scarf posted:

wait wait wait...

"Ladies and Gentlemen... The 'Dores."

There we go.

Break on through to the 2 win side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Does anyone have the contact information for Vandy's announcer because I feel like they're really missing out on not introducing the team like that.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
I love Hackenberg in all his lovely decisions/flashes of awesome, but why do announcers keep calling him amazing (assuming they did last weekend as well, I had the sound down)? Do they look at stats at all?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brannigans Law posted:

I love Hackenberg in all his lovely decisions/flashes of awesome, but why do announcers keep calling him amazing (assuming they did last weekend as well, I had the sound down)? Do they look at stats at all?

A combination of The Look and Clutch.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Brannigans Law posted:

I find it amazing that he's competent at all. He is a flat-footed, uncoordinated goof most of the time who can somehow complete passes and occasionally scramble in the strangest circumstances.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Brannigans Law posted:

He's got the Morelli quality of inexplicably being considered a good quarterback for the 1/5 plays he doesn't poo poo the bed. Like Morelli, he has all kinds of physical ability and somehow is perceived as "clutch" or "just wins". Also like Morelli, he has some super hilarious lower body movement when passing and scrambles like he's trying to avoid making GBS threads himself in public.

Who would've thought that senior Matt McGloin or maybe Daryll Clark might be the best Penn State QB of the last ten years.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also THis was pretty awesome

quote:

Penn State at 0:50 MICH PSU
1st and 10 at PSU 20 Christian Hackenberg pass complete to Allen Robinson for 14 yards to the PnSt 34 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at PSU 34 Christian Hackenberg pass complete to Brandon Felder for 29 yards to the Mich 37 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MICH 37 Team pass incomplete.
2nd and 10 at MICH 37 Christian Hackenberg pass complete to Allen Robinson for 36 yards to the Mich 1 for a 1ST down.
1st and Goal at MICH 1 Timeout MICHIGAN, clock 0:27.
Christian Hackenberg rush for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN. 34 33
Sam Ficken extra point GOOD. 34 34
Sam Ficken kickoff for 64 yards returned by Dennis Norfleet for 34 yards to the Mich 35.
PSU DRIVE TOTALS: 5 plays, 80 yards, 0:23

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Had Stribling timed his jump correctly this wouldn't even be a thing.

:mad:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Da U loses another QB. Olsen suspended after being arrested for DUI.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Komet posted:

jersey.txt

Also, which pictures appeared on the Rutgers athletic department page? Was one the Penn State flag with the child figure giving oral sex to the adult?

Yeah, basically.

quote:

But there has also been question about the behavior of some fans who took things too far. Chants of "F--- Penn State" and other profanities were to be expected, but some people completely crossed the line when they brought up references to the recently exposed child sex abuse scandal at Penn State. T-shirts with the words "Ped State" were being sold by some people before the game in a poorly attempted mockery of Penn State's former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky's charges of pedophilia, and a few even started up a chant of "Sandusky" during the game. In another instance, someone had a flag in the stadium parking lot depicting a disgusting image intended to make light of child sex abuse at Penn State.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Scarf posted:

mugshot:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

every posted:

mugshot:

PftWhateverBro.jpg

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

every posted:

mugshot:

Charged with not giving a gently caress and being in possession of swag over legal limits

every
Apr 24, 2008

i wish there were an ape or monkey mascot in the ncaa.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

every posted:

I just learned about them this past weekend:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

every posted:

mugshot:

smugshot

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

every posted:

Pitt state gorillas

every
Apr 24, 2008

Scarf posted:

I just learned about them this past weekend:

goodbye georgia, hello pitt state.

edit: omg guys: http://www.pittstategorillas.com/index.aspx

HOILY SHITT THEY ARE PLAYING THE MULES THIS YEAR: http://www.ucmathletics.com/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburg State is in Kansas, of course.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

every posted:

They're also the winningest team in Division II.

e: and the winningest team in the state of Kansas :getin:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

every posted:

Hahaha the background of their site is just a hastily photoshopped picture of some gorillas:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

VDay posted:

Hahaha the background of their site is just a hastily photoshopped picture of some gorillas:

Amazing creatures, gorillas. Slow clap for the mascot choice.

every
Apr 24, 2008

I hope they one day beat arkansas so we can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I do think Hackenberg has taken a bit of a step back from last year. He struggled at times last year, as a freshman, but he's made some really bad decisions this year that he shouldn't be making with his level of experience now. Hard to fault him for the rough start against Rutgers, though. Their defense came to play, and Penn State's offensive line was abysmal. I blame offensive playcalling more than Hackenberg for some of the hurries. The wildcat is stupid and ineffective. They led off the game with a screen that went 20-30 yards and then didn't call another screen until halfway through the 4th quarter, which also went for 20 yards. I mean, poo poo. Why were they calling so many slow-developing passing plays on 3rd down when Rutgers was sending up a 7 man rush every time?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Scarf posted:

"Nonstop 'Dores Action." A good thread title.

how... exciting?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So I thought I saw this come up shortly after the Texas game but didn't actually check and dismissed it as a fever dream, but apparently UCLA, since 2007, is 48-1 when leading at any point in the 4th quarter. That's one of those stats that kind of makes sense (we were so bad in a lot of those years that we simply never got close enough to lead and then lose in the 4th) but it's still kind of shocking to see just how lopsided the numbers are.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

every posted:

They're one of the best D2 programs almost every year too. The Mules, not so much, but they do have a hell of a mascot.

e: Oops beaten on the winningest thing, but yeah they're as big of a deal as you can get and occasionally even on television! locally

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 15, 2014

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Komet posted:

Penn State's offensive line is abysmal, worse than I've ever seen. It's a miracle we won. Our defense, on the other hand, is really good. Any game left on Penn State's schedule could go either way, except probably Michigan State. I have to admit, Rutgers put on a hell of a show. Their fans were really into it. Crowd noise was a definite factor. The team played harder than it has before. The Rutgers defensive line was really disruptive, and I credit that with keeping Penn State's big plays to a minimum. I thought he'd be able to torch their secondary, but Hack didn't have time to throw deep almost the entire game. At certain points, especially in the second half, the offensive playcalling for Penn State was maddening. You knew every third down was a blitz, but the coordinator was completely unwilling to throw screens or quick slants or anything that could neutralize the blitz.

We have two tune up games to improve the run and pass blocking in time for Michigan. UMass isn't a good team. Northwestern is usually a tough matchup for us, but they're horrible this year.

I was shocked that Franklin didn't try to spread it out more.

Basically, we can't defend the spread at all, but the defense is pretty good against vanilla offenses. I've only been trying to say this for the past year.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 15, 2014

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Came from UCLA Texas to Chargers Seahawks. Two incredible games.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Deteriorata posted:

I find it amazing that he's competent at all. He is a flat-footed, uncoordinated goof most of the time who can somehow complete passes and occasionally scramble in the strangest circumstances.

I love him though. I want him to funsling Rex Grossman style until PSU goes 14-0 or w/e it is with the playoffs nowadays

... In reality, don't we have a really good dual threat qb coming in?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Scarf posted:

I posted about it earlier. The best thing about it? He got caught by showing up to the party that was already raided by cops, got out of his car, and asked if everything was all right while drunk and probably high. He then showed the cop a fake ID. Cop saw his bloodshot eyes, and smelled alcohol and got him.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Let's not forget about the true highlight from Saturday.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
For anyone who is a fan of snuff films, the Baylor at Iowa State game in Week 5 is going to be the night game on Fox and shown nationally to anyone sick and perverted enough to tune in.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

For anyone who is a fan of snuff films, the Baylor at Iowa State game in Week 5 is going to be the night game on Fox and shown nationally to anyone sick and perverted enough to tune in.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

HooverDam posted:

News: ASU AD Ray Anderson and Head FB Coach Todd Graham (and their families) are each donating $500K of their personal money towards the "ASU Momentum" campaign, which is the campaign to redo Sun Devil Stadium:

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=209653373

Views: :cool: Glad to see these guys put their money where their mouths are. I am not sure how common this sort of thing is for sitting ADs/Coaches, but its neat.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH TODD GRAHAM

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Brannigans Law posted:

I love him though. I want him to funsling Rex Grossman style until PSU goes 14-0 or w/e it is with the playoffs nowadays

... In reality, don't we have a really good dual threat qb coming in?

Brandon Wimbush, who is currently laying waste to high school football in Jersey. That's assuming he sticks with his verbal.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Thoguh posted:

Let's not forget about the true highlight from Saturday.

It was a good week

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Thoguh posted:

It's funny, most Baylor fans are actually really concerned about this game. Ames is a frightening place for Baylor fans.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I cannot get a read on Kansas State and what to really expect. I'm excited/nervous about it and will be tired going into work on Friday so Auburn better make it worth it, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Morby posted:

I cannot get a read on Kansas State and what to really expect. I'm excited/nervous about it and will be tired going into work on Friday so Auburn better make it worth it, dammit!

Auburn will probably win due to sheer overwhelming talent differential but there's a chance it could be a close game.

• Locked thread