Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lane Kiffin is still my dickhead, but he can't call an offense to save his life.

Great at coaching up WRs though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

every posted:

mugshot:

"Like, YOLO. Whatever."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hey guys, a bit off topic, but have your university presidential candidates, the finalists specifically, in the past spoken to your faculty, students, etc., on stage about how evolution doesn't exist and denied global warming? I'm pretty sure that's not normal but I want to be sure.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 16, 2014

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It's my belief that Bill O'Brien was a magical man from Narnia that could make literally anyone into what appears to be an awesome QB

pillsburysoldier posted:

Hey guys, a bit off topic, but have your university presidential candidates, the finalists specifically, in the past spoke to your faculty, students, etc., on stage about how evolution doesn't exist and denied global warming? I'm pretty sure that's not normal but I want to be sure.

No, but we once had a student president whose acceptance speech was basically "gently caress all y'all." Kinda surprised he's not a folk hero around here.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

pillsburysoldier posted:

Hey guys, a bit off topic, but have your university presidential candidates, the finalists specifically, in the past spoken to your faculty, students, etc., on stage about how evolution doesn't exist and denied global warming? I'm pretty sure that's not normal but I want to be sure.

For me to know that I would not only have to give a poo poo about my university president but also give a poo poo about the selection process to the point where I would not only know the candidate names but also literally anything about them other than the fact that they might someday possibly be the president of my university.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Declan MacManus posted:

For me to know that I would not only have to give a poo poo about my university president but also give a poo poo about the selection process to the point where I would not only know the candidate names but also literally anything about them other than the fact that they might someday possibly be the president of my university.

I like your style. I should do that.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

I would not only have to give a poo poo about my university president

Graham Spanier is in the market for work!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its Miller Time posted:

Came from UCLA Texas to Chargers Seahawks. Two incredible games.

The Chargers crowd sounded incredible on TV. How loud was it?

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Declan MacManus posted:

I don't know who the gently caress the president of ODU is and I don't care. I know who the President of VT is and they got him from Purdue, which is an engineering school. So good enough

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
we have that bowtie aggy fucker but I think he's actually chancellor

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Auburn will probably win due to sheer overwhelming talent differential but there's a chance it could be a close game.

I'm not so sure about the "overwhelming talent differential". Manhattan, KS is where high-flying offenses go to die, which is my concern. K-State traditionally plays very sound defense and Auburn's offense has had its slow starts. I'm not sure how much one should look into the Iowa State game.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So. On Bobo not running Gurley on that first and goal play...

I mean, USC might as well have had the cheerleaders and Cocky and lined up in the box there. I still think you gotta give it to Gurley- after all, they did that on a 4th down in the 3rd when everyone in the stadium was coming, and it still worked. USC was targeting Gurley the whole night and he was still kicking their rear end. Give him the rock.

But it wasn't the fireable offense the greater Dawgosphere is making it out to be. Still the wrong call IMO.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Morby posted:

I'm not so sure about the "overwhelming talent differential". Manhattan, KS is where high-flying offenses go to die, which is my concern. K-State traditionally plays very sound defense and Auburn's offense has had its slow starts. I'm not sure how much one should look into the Iowa State game.

Any team that spends any amount of time losing to Iowa State in football is a bad football team.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I mean, USC might as well have had the cheerleaders and Cocky and lined up in the box there. I still think you gotta give it to Gurley- after all, they did that on a 4th down in the 3rd when everyone in the stadium was coming, and it still worked. USC was targeting Gurley the whole night and he was still kicking their rear end. Give him the rock.

But it wasn't the fireable offense the greater Dawgosphere is making it out to be. Still the wrong call IMO.

The fullback runs that Hicks made were awesome but yeah that cut where Gurley ran to the left and then bootlegged across the field to the opposite sideline and ran like a hoss to pick up a first down anyway. I really wish I could find a gif of that play. Also apparently Nick Chubb broke his thumb last week and thats why he only had like 3 or 4 carries. Had it operated on today and "will be back when he is back"but in as early as 2-3 weeks minimum.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 16, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Thoguh posted:

Any team that spends any amount of time losing to Iowa State in football is a bad football team.

This is my rationale. Granted KState will have no problem defending the option in theory (they ain't afraid of misdirection, bitch) but I think Auburn as a team is just bigger, faster, and generally better at football than Kansas State and no amount of Snyder wizardry is going to fix that

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Declan MacManus posted:

no amount of Snyder wizardry is going to fix that

Careful, he can hear you.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
:swoon:

quote:

Scherer said Mauk wanted him to stop the car once so he could hunt a deer he saw out back of Mizzou Arena when they were driving.

https://twitter.com/davidcmorrison/status/511677999910232064

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Gurley's final line was impressive, but I wouldn't say he was kicking our asses the entire night. He came on very strong in the second half, but only had 44 yards in the first. A back like him is gonna get his yards and find the end zone, so I'd say we did about as good a job on him as you could hope for -- he was nullified on kick returns as well. That absurd 3rd and 16 conversion Klip Art mentioned definitely stood out as a special play, though.

Anyway, I agree that not giving Gurley a touch there was a bad call, but if that play had actually worked, everyone would be calling Bobo a genius since no one saw it coming. We pulled almost the same thing against Georgia last year, actually -- late in the game, we had a crucial 4th and goal on the 1 and instead of the expected Shaw sneak, went for some option pitch bullshit that fell incomplete. Just one of those tough situations where you either look like a brilliant mastermind or a complete moron.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 16, 2014

every
Apr 24, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

Gurley's final line was impressive, but I wouldn't say he was kicking our asses the entire night. He came on very strong in the second half, but only had 44 yards in the first. A back like him is gonna get his yards and find the end zone, so I'd say we did about as good a job on him as you could hope for -- he was nullified on kick returns as well. That absurd 3rd and 16 conversion Klip Art mentioned definitely stood out as a special play, though.

Anyway, I agree that not giving Gurley a touch there was a bad call, but if that play had actually worked, everyone would be calling Bobo a genius since no one saw it coming. We pulled almost the same thing against Georgia last year, actually -- late in the game, we had a 4th and goal on the 1 and instead of the expected Shaw sneak, went for some option pitch bullshit that fell incomplete. Just one of those tough situations where you either look like a brilliant mastermind or a complete moron.

Yep I remember that last year. I remember SCAR fans being equally upset about that choice as Georgia fans are this year, what with MD and all.

At the end of the day, uga has 999999 chances to win that game, they failed

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

RumbleFish posted:

I just saw that our game against Mizzou in a couple weeks will be their SEC opener. :psyduck: We'll have played three conference games by then.

We're still in the old Big 12 mode where we played all our non-con upfront. I think our 2012 SEC opener with Georgia was the only game snuck in before the end of September. I'm not sure if that'll change because a lot of the East plays OOC rival games that final week while we now have an annual Black Friday game with Arky.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

every posted:

I hope they one day beat arkansas so we can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

Gorillas aren't monkeys but that is a pretty sweet video.

every
Apr 24, 2008

COMPUTER SECRETS posted:

Gorillas aren't monkeys but that is a pretty sweet video.

Let a man dream

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

loving lol Rutgers
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/15/6151989/rutgers-penn-state-james-franklin

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

Gurley's final line was impressive, but I wouldn't say he was kicking our asses the entire night. He came on very strong in the second half, but only had 44 yards in the first.

Take away two questionable holding calls, neither of which really affected the runs themselves, and Gurley goes for just under two bills. Pretty rear end-kicky to me.

Congrats on the win.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This been posted/gif'ed yet?: https://vine.co/v/OaVnUztllaW

note: was not around for the thread saturday.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

kayakyakr posted:

There's more: https://vine.co/v/OaVH9KMznYZ

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

There are a lot of really bitter Rutgers fans.

And yeah, I read the whole article this morning. That writer came off incredibly whiny. The SB Nation bit could have been a bit edgier if they showed some ped state stuff.

Komet fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 16, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I have some important thoughts to get out to the world, honey go get my sheet.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

I have some important thoughts to get out to the world, honey go get my sheet.

One time I saw a van covered in an essay, of sorts, about chemtrails. It was done entirely in those black and gold adhesive letters you use to put addresses on mailboxes. It was glorious.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

First trip through all I noticed was that it was 4th and 5 and was laughing at Miami for intercepting the pass when all they had to do was knock it down and they'd get more yards. Then I saw the ArkSt receiver on the second trip through. :stare:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Also, Kyle Flood had taken a page out of the Rivals forum notebook by referring to Penn State only as The Team From Pennsylvania.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Komet posted:

Also, Kyle Flood had taken a page out of the Rivals forum notebook by referring to Penn State only as The Team From Pennsylvania.

They're developing a rather amusing Little Brother complex toward the rest of the conference. It's quite endearing.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

every posted:

Please Mizzou or auburn or Florida beat usc

I'm just rooting for the Eagles to lose every week so Chip Kelly can come replace Muschamp.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I just wanna say that the last two college football games I've gone to have been at NFL stadiums and college football sucks at NFL stadiums.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/9/15/6155295/arkansas-state-attempted-the-worst-fake-punt-weve-ever-seen

The best trick plays are the worst trick plays.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ask corso

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Mahoning posted:

I just wanna say that the last two college football games I've gone to have been at NFL stadiums and college football sucks at NFL stadiums.

The game I saw at FedEx was disappointing from both an outcome and experience perspective. I mean Washington is one of the worst run teams and stadiums in the NFL, but still.

I'm going to a Conference USA game next Friday, MTSU vs ODU. It will be played at a stadium appropriate nicknamed the Oyster Bowl. Said stadium apparently needs to be replaced for ODU to move to FBS but ODU has no space so it's great.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The worst part is, in addition to the Notre Dame Pitt game at Heinz Field last season, then the Notre Dame Purdue game at Lucas Oil on Saturday, I'll probably be attending the Notre Dame Navy game at FedEx Field in November.

Although I will say this: LucasOil is a beautiful facility, just not a college football atmosphere at all.

However, Heinz Field is a dump, as is FedEx Field I'm sure.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Deteriorata posted:

They're developing a rather amusing Little Brother complex toward the rest of the conference. It's quite endearing.

It's not little brother. It's pretty much ethnic hatred. We all hate Penn State and Midwesterners in general, but don't really give a poo poo about any other teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mahoning posted:

However, Heinz Field is a dump, as is FedEx Field I'm sure.

If Heinz Field is a dump, then FedEx is a festering blight upon the Earth

• Locked thread